Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Disneyfreak508, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Chabby

Chabby Mouseketeer

I'm sure everything went great, your passion for Disney is obvious!

I can't wait to read all about it! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. redheadedmermaid73

redheadedmermaid73 Mouseketeer

I hope your phone interview went great! I'm sure you'll get the job offer, you're a Disney girl!:goodvibes

4. emcclay

emcclay Mouseketeer

Good luck- sending pixie dust your way! Hope you get in :-) Don't know how regular DCP applicants can wait that long! I *officially* heard back two days later.

5. disneyshakeygirl

disneyshakeygirl DIS Veteran

GOOD LUCK! You so deserve this! If you do not get into the DCP, something is seriously wrong. I mean, your middle name is basically Disney! But in all seriousness though, you deserve this and I honestly think you'll excel at it.

6. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

I hope a went well with your phone interview!! How exciting! I think you would make the best CM.
    keep calm and wait...... How?!? :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. mommytocalliesue

mommytocalliesue Mouseketeer

YAY!! Am sure your interview went fantastic!!!

I LOVED all your info from Haunted Mansion. You talked about the ballroom scene...it is one of my favorites as well! We lucked out on our last trip. The ride stopped right as we were in the middle of that scene. So for about 8 minutes we got to stop and take every detail in. It was so neat to see things I had never seen before!!!

Jealous of your Disney Trip coming up!!!

8. Disneyalltheway

Disneyalltheway Earning My Ears

Jess congrats on how far you've come in the whole process! I think you would be absolutely perfect for their program with the passion you have for Disney alone!!!!

9. Disneyfreak508

Disneyfreak508 Frumpy Princess ♥ <br><a href="http://www.disboard

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you're caught up and I'm so happy the trip report was helpful! I hope your trip will be just as magical as mine was!

Ahh did you!? How wonderful! BLT is incredible!

We really loved HHI, especially the Disney aspect as well!

Thank you so much! I think it went well! :-)

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you like the reports! Thank you! I think it went great! Ahh I know how you feel. I have wanted to do the DCP since I was 10 years old so I hope to God that my dream is going to come true!

Thank you so much! That means SO much to me!

Ahh awesome! I love instagram and I will definitely be posting lots of pictures! I hope I follow you back - if I don't, comment on one of my pictures and I will right away!

I am going with my Mom and we are going to MNSSHP on October 5th!

Hahaha seriously! I deserve some kind of award. :rotfl: You're so welcome. I'm glad you guys appreciate it! And thank you so much - I hope I get in!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

It was incredible! Best month of my life. :goodvibes

My instagram and twitter are PrincessJess508 :) Comment on one of my pictures so I can follow you back!

Thank you so much! I hope it went well!

Thank you! Aww that's so sweet. Thank you! Hahaha that's awesome. You guys are the best!

Thank you so much!

I hope that I did!

I know!! What an honor! :-)

I know, I loved that! I had all my notes set up for me! It was awesome.
    Thank you for the tips! I think it went well!

Hahaha she said that she could tell I was passionate and knowledgable of Disney! Best compliment ever!

Thank you! I won't be there in December. The program doesn't start until mid-january.

Haha aww thank you! I hope that I did! That's so beautiful... thank you for that compliment!
    I think it went well! Thanks again!

Thank you!

Thank you so much! Ahhh I love that song!

Thank you!

10. Disneyfreak508

Thank you so much!

Aww thank you! I hope so too!

I think it went well! Aww thank you so much!

That's so wonderful to hear you say that! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

I hope so! I think it went well! :)

Thank you so much! I think it went well - we will have to see!
    Hahaha I love that one!

Thank you so much!

Thank you! That's good to hear.. but I'm going to private message you about this.

That's awesome!! Haha I know it is - I hope the wait won't be too long either! Thank you!

Thank you so much!

I think it went well! I sure hope so! Thank you!

Me too!! Thank you so much! Haha oh seriously, I know. My friend Sean got in 2 days after he applied... I'm so jealous! I got pended so my response could take 2 months!! :crazy2:

Thank you so much! Hahaha aww I'm glad you think so! I really hope I have the opportunity - I definitely would do my best at it and I feel like I would love the experience! :upsidedow

Thank you so much! I would love to be a CM more than anything!! And bahaha I know!! Good thing I'm going to Disney tomorrow to pass some time!

Thank you so much!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Wow, I would love to get stuck in there! How cool!

Haha thanks!

Thank you so much! I hope I get accepted - I feel like this program is my calling in life. I'm so excited to hear the results!

11. Disneyfreak508

Real Life Update #3: DISNEY TOMORROW!
    October 4th, 2012

Hello, everyone! I wanted to do a send-off before I go to Disney World TOMORROW! Wait a minute.... actually... TODAY!!!!! :banana:

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I feel like I haven't posted a lot of trip details... so here are a few to tide you over until I get back!

I am going on this trip with my Mom! MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP #4! Woohoo!

We are staying at Caribbean Beach!

The purpose of this trip is for me to go visit my friend Miranda who is currently on her DCP! She's doing Quick Service Food and Beverage at Rosie's in DHS. I haven't seen her since May and I am SO excited to be reunited!

I also hope to run into my friend Alicia (Leasha_Loves_Disney) who is also on her college program!

We are going to MNSSHP on October 5th! And I'm dressing up.... but I'm not telling you who! ;)

FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL. Enough said. This is my first official experience with it. I am PUMPED.

Every single table service meal is an ALL NEW RESTAURANT FOR ME. Either I haven't been there ever, I haven't been there since middle school, or I haven't been there for this specific meal. GUYS, I'M SO EXCITED.

We leave tomorrow and 3 pm and get to stay until Monday! WOOHOO!

Basically, that's the important stuff. We don't have a very solidified plan, so I am excited to see what happens! And I am SUPER excited to get a break from this beyond-stressful school year!

I WILL BE LIVE TWEETING AND INSTAGRAMMING FROM WALT DISNEY WORLD. That's right, LIVE. Please follow me - PrincessJess508 is my name on both of them. Any instagram shoutouts would be greatly appreciated, too. :goodvibes I want to get the word out there!

So I hope you'll be following along on my first FALL Disney trip in over 6 or 7 years. I AM SO EXCITED! TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm sure you guys are all very curious to hear how the Phone interview went! I posted all about it in my tumblr, but I will copy and paste the entry over here so you can read it. If you would like to follow me on tumblr as well, it's the same username - PrincessJess508. I am planning on keeping track of my DCP progress there!

Here are all my notes ready for my interview! I spent lots of time researching questions and thinking of the best possible answers. They were SO helpful!!

[​IMG]

I posted this tumblr entry within a few hours after my interview:

So, I felt really good about it overall! There are some things I wish I would have remembered to say, some moments where I wish have felt more confident and more clearly stated my points... but overall I was satisfied and I hope I did a god job.

Then.... I got pended. ONE DAY AFTER MY INTERVIEW. This is the post I submitted on tumblr last night.

So fingers crossed that everything works out and there is something big in store for my DCP experience! I am excited to get my answer!

Alright everyone... I need to get some sleep! Tomorrow/Today is Disney day! I WILL TALK TO YOU SOON! Have a wonderful rest of the week and Columbus Day weekend! princess:

DISNEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Continued in Next Post

12. heathsf

heathsf DIS Veteran

Oh man that is so exciting!!!! Thank you for sharing all those details, I found it really interesting. At least being so busy with school, the time will fly for you and Dec 14 will be here before you know it! And maybe you'll hear sooner!! :goodvibes I'm sure you would be amazing in any role they gave you.

13. Disneydude97

Disneydude97 Reaching New Horizons

Have fun in Disney tomorrow! Can't wait to read your trip report about it!

14. Disneydude97

Disneydude97 Reaching New Horizons

BTW, Jess, their names are Statler and Waldorf.

15. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Just doing a quick fly-by! :) How amazing about your interview - I agree, I think you are pending because they need to find the perfect role for you... You did fantastic!!! I can only imagine how nervous I would be too. I will be anxiously awaiting your acceptance into the program.

Have a great trip!!! I am anxious to hear about Columbus Day weekend -as we will be there next year, and I just realized it... Nail biter for sure!

D~

16. msmandapanda

msmandapanda Earning My Ears

Oh my goodness! This is so exciting! I remember going through this with my friend Jenelle. Oddly enough, I happened to be with her when she received her email and then when she was hired full time! Too precious :) Not gonna lie, I have already pretty much made up my mind that I'm doing the College Program too right after I graduate! Anyways, can't wait to hear about it and I know you're gonna get it!

17. oopsiDAISY

oopsiDAISY DIS Veteran

OMGoodness~ it's like ending the season of your favorite show with a cliffhanger and having to wait until the next season starts to find out what happens!!! :scared: We have to wait until possibly December? :confused3 How will we make it? We'll be a nervous wreck, we'll go crazy... :crazy2: Oh wait...this is YOUR dream, not ours! :rotfl: Wishing lots of prayers and pixiedust: while you wait it out! :goodvibes

18. cocofifi

cocofifi Mouseketeer

I'm certain the CP interviewer was blown away by your Disney knowledge and preparedness! Yay for the trip. So looking forward to live tweets and instagram! I need it, especially since our October DL trip got put on the back burner because of my son's school and swim team schedule. Hope you and your mom have a blast! Thanks for sharing.

19. aras4007

aras4007 Mouseketeer

Have fun on your trip! MNSSHP is a blast...you are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

20. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

have a great trip :moped: -Amanda

21. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Okay, number one, finally found you on tumblr haha, and am following you.
    2: Congrats on the good interview, I know you'll be an amazing cast member, whether that comes now, or later, it'll happen, that's for sure!

3: As IF you're in Disney, that's too exciting! I'm so jealous!! Haha, have an awesome trip and enjoy the time with your friends!!