Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Disneyfreak508, Jan 5, 2012.

1. heathsf

heathsf DIS Veteran

Just saw the fantastic news on Twitter!! Congratulations!! How freakin' magical that you found out while you were in Disney! I can't wait for ALL the details!!!!! :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyshakeygirl

disneyshakeygirl DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS! You must be so excited. I saw the news just after you posted, but didn't want to say anything!

Do you have a spot you'd like to work as concierge?

4. TinkerbellinNY6

TinkerbellinNY6 Mouseketeer

I am slowly catching up one here. Working down here has been crazy. I would have loved to heve met you when you came down, but theres always another time lol. I really hope you get accepted onto the CP. It has been one of the best things that has happened to me. Your interview seemed to go really well and a lot similar to mine and I was still given one of my top roles even though I wasn't asked a lot of questions about it. I think you will be great and get a role that you really love:thumbsup2

5. Disneyfreak508

Disneyfreak508 Frumpy Princess ♥ <br><a href="http://www.disboard

Thank you so much for the support! :)

It has been an amazing process so far! You're so welcome! Haha thankfully I didn't have to wait long! I'll post some good news soon! Thank you!!

I had an amazing time! Thanks!

Yup I know! Thanks!

Hi there! Thank you so much! I'm guessing that was the case, because I got my acceptance and my role is perfect! :banana: I'll post an announcement soon.

Thank you! I can't wait to write about this trip!

Aww that's so exciting!! You definitely should! I have heard so many positive things. Thank you!

Hahaha you're too funny! I have a big announcement to post soon - I'll put it up as soon as possible! Thank you so much!!

Aww thank you! It seems like she was! I hope you enjoyed the live updates! I think we are putting our DLR trip on the back burner too, so I know how you feel! Thank you, we did! Thanks for reading!

Thank you! OMG it is.. best night of my life! Thank you!

I did! Thank you!

Haha yay!
    Thank you so much! Thankfully my dreams come true this upcoming january! I will post an announcement soon!
    Haha aww thank you! I had probably one of the most incredible trips of my life! I can't wait to share!

6. Disneyfreak508

Thank you so much! Yes, it was tricky but I had it planned out and it worked really well! Haha I actually DID find out in Disney, so I am quite excited to share about the whole experience! Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I had an amazing time - I hope you enjoyed the updates! Your trip is soon! Have a magical time!

HI!!!!!!! Ahhh oh my God that meal was so good. Thank you so much - it really is! It's definitely the right thing to do! I am THRILLED.

IT WAS SO FUN OMG. I love F&W! I'm so excited for you to go in only A WEKK AND A HALF. eeeeep! :cheer2:

It did! Thank you! Being prepared is really important to me - I think it served me well in this process! Thank you! F&W was so much fun!!!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to be a CM! It's my dream and it's coming true! pixiedust:
    Sounds like your trip will be perfect! Have fun!

It did! Thank you so much! The trip was PERFECT! Thanks for following!

The prayers paid off! I'll make an announcement soon! :)
    I had an INCREDIBLE trip! Aww thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed the updates!!

Ahh welcome! Thank you so much for reading! Your trip is going to be AMAZING! It might be a bit crowded, but you'll be fine! And I had an amazing trip! Thank you!

Thank you so much!

You are so sweet! Thank you so much! Those are such kind words!
    I'll make my DCP announcement soon! Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm glad you can live vicariously through my experience! :thumbsup2
    Exactly! But maybe she just was being monotonous not to get me too excited. Who knows! She did a good job assigning me to a good role though :thumbsup2
    You are too sweet! Thank you so much for those kind words!
    Haha thank you! A nice Disney touch, right? ;)

That is totally fine! Better late than never!!
    Aww thank you so much! Feel free to skip through the comments and just read the chapters if you want. :) That's the important part!
    You're welcome! Thank you SO MUCH for reading! I'm glad I could help!

I had an AMAZING time! Thank you!
    Aww thank you! I got my acceptance letter and that definitely seems like the case! I will post my announcement soon. Thanks for all of the positive thoughts.
    Will do! Thank you!

Thank you! I can't wait to share the results!
    I had an AMAZING trip! Thank you!
    I would love to... but I'll be on my College Program in February ;) Thanks though!

Haha yup!

Haha I hope you liked it!

7. Disneyfreak508

Thank you!!!

Woohoo thank you so much!

I'll post an announcement soon!

:thumbsup2 Thank you!

Ahh thank you!

I KNOW! It couldn't have been better!! Thank you!

Thank you so much!
    Any of the MK or Epcot resorts are my top choices!

What's your role again?
    Yeah, I'll be there from Jan-August so it's bound to happen!
    I did get accepted so YAYAYAY! It's going to be life changing - I just know it!
    Ahh thank you! I'll post an announcement soon!

8. JanieZ526

JanieZ526 Earning My Ears

I've been lurking on all your TRs, but I just wanted to say I'm so excited for you! :hyper:

9. bigsis1970

bigsis1970 Always planning my next trip! Maybe my 45th Bday??

Yay for you Jess!!!! Congrats!! :cool1:

10. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

yay! :dogdance::yay::dogdance:

11. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Woah, I can't believe I just caught up on all of that. I need to take a breather now lol I'm so glad though I caught up before baddabing this was done. :O Well, I love all the Disney facts you rambled off in the MK update, and just an edit, the effect used in the ballroom scene at the Haunted Mansion is called "Pepper's Ghost" not Magic, but I knew what you were talking about so that's all good and Little Leota at the end of the ride has a different voice... okay, I'll stop being a Disney know-it-all for ya.

Sorry to hear you didn't get into your school's show, I've heard great things about Urinetown :) But INTO THE WOODS!!!! OMG so jealous! Stephen Sondheim <3 Huge theater geek right here, no shame. It really is a great show and a VERY big cast so I'm sure you have a good chance at getting in. I recommend for songs, "Children Will Listen" since I think the Witch is a soprano and same with the Baker's Wife both great roles. "Last Midnight" is also another good song if you are looking to play the Witch, but I'm not sure if either of these are soprano, but Bernadette Peters played the Witch so I have a feeling. I do recommend watching the filmed on Broadway movie with Bernadette Peters, it would probably help. Good luck with the auditions when the come up!

Can't wait to read more and hear about your most recent trip! :mickeyjum

P.S. Didn't know if you saw my tweet, but since I don't want to spoil anything... Congrats!

12. Disneyfreak508

Ahh thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

YAY thanks!!

Haha I'm glad you enjoyed all of the facts!
    Well now that I won't be here next semester, I'll have to miss out on Into the Woods. As sad as that is..... Disney is MUCH better. SO EXCITED! :banana:
    Thank you! ​

13. rdkeim

rdkeim Mouseketeer

My gosh - congratulations! You must be thrilled! You'll be a wonderful CM - can't wait to hear the details!!:cheer2:

14. michael's mom

michael's mom DIS Veteran

Such exciting news Jess! I hope you get a resort you'll love...Maybe the YaCHt Club? :thumbsup2

15. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

I've already chatted with you about it on twitter, but I am beyond excited for you getting into the DCP AND getting Concierge. I mean, that is AWESOME. I hope you do get to work at Beach Club!

Haha, it also dawned on me... With how popular you are here on the DIS, you are probably going to have SO many DISmeets while you are doing the DCP!

16. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

We could start a whole Frump Fan Club. :cheer2::rotfl2:

Congrats!

17. cindianne320

cindianne320 Mouseketeer

So happy for you! Sad that I won't be there while you're there- we're going in October!

18. miss.potatohead

miss.potatohead Mouseketeer

Congratulations! All your work paid off :) I hope you have a fantastic experience doing the CP. I know someone doing the ICP at the moment who is having a bit of a negative experience but I think you'll have a blast! Your recent trip made me so jealous, following along on twitter and instagram :P

19. wigeboo

wigeboo Mouseketeer

Well done :)

20. Disneyfreak508

Thank you so much! I am ecstatic! Aww thanks - I can't wait to share them!

Thank you! Oh my goodness... that would be INCREDIBLE! If I worked at the YaCHt Club my life would really be full circle. :goodvibes

Aww thank you so much! I am thrilled! I would LOVE to work there!

Hahaha I was just talking about that today! It's going to be busy, busy, busy! I'm really looking forward to it!

Hahaha aww thank you! :goodvibes

Aww dang I'll just miss you! Hopefully I'll get to continue my career with Disney in the future so we will just have to meet up another time.
    Thank you so much!

Aww thank you so much! That's sad that they are having a bad experience.. I hope it picks up! I think I will too! Aw thanks haha. It was an AMAZING trip! I can't wait to share!

Thank you!

21. Disneyfreak508

Real Life Update #4: ACCEPTED!
    October 13th, 2012

Alright everyone, I have a very big announcement to make!

Although most of you already know this.....

I GOT ACCEPTED FOR THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM FOR SPRING ADVANTAGE 2013! :cheer2:

(Advantage means I stay through the summer! So I'll be there from January through August!)

And what role did I get??

party: CONCIERGE! party:

That was one of my top two, so that means...

I'M MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

I literally can't believe that I'm working CONCIERGE at the WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT before the age of 20. I'm going after my dreams and I am so ecstatic that they are coming true!

I found out that I was accepted on October 8th. It was the morning I was leaving Disney at 10 o'clock am. We were driving to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and going under the Magic Kingdom signs when I got my email. It LITERALLY felt like a movie. It couldn't have been more perfect. God clearly had a say in that one. ;)

I opened the email and I screamed! I cried and just couldn't believe it was actually real.

Guys, I have my DREAM JOB at Disney. I literally CANNOT believe it. I have been preparing for this role since the day I was born. I am absolutely beyond thrilled. :goodvibes

I'm waiting to get everything approved by my advisors at school before I can officially "accept" the offer, but it has to be done before Thursday! So soon I will know what day I am officially moving to Disney World!

I don't find out what resort I am working at until I get there (or potentially a few weeks before) so we're in a whole new waiting game! Fingers crossed I get placed at a Magic Kingdom or Epcot resort!!

And on top of that, my friend Mark got accepted to the DCP yesterday and he's going with me! He got accepted for Costuming but is going to an audition this weekend. Fingers crossed for him! We are both SO EXCITED and can't stop talking about it!!

So... pretty much this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. LITERALLY my dream is coming true. I can't wait to begin the adventure of a lifetime. It's exactly what I need right now... I know it's going to be life changing and it's going to just help me figure out what I really want to do. I can't wait to begin my journey!

Thank you all for the prayers and pixie dust - they really paid off! Now in return, I will have to pay you back my sharing all of my stories from LIVING IN DISNEY WORLD. Sounds like a pretty good deal, right? :thumbsup2

As far as the trip reports go... I have about 2 more updates to do for this one and 6 more to go for HHI. Once I finish up the Christmas trip, I'm hoping to post the new report for October! It was THE MOST incredible vacation EVER. We just kept having magical moment after magical moment. Everything that could have gone right actually did! I can't wait to share everything with you all!

Once again, thank you so much for following along! I hope you continue to enjoy the trip reports, the life updates, and then eventually my experience with the DCP! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! :banana:

Continued in Next Post