• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You went HOW many times?!?!

I love this thread!! We constantly have to defend our AP's and multiple trips to WDW every year. But those same people golf, ski, have expensive homes and cars, go to Vegas at least once a year. We don't judge them! Disney is our hobby, and makes us happy! And our teenage boys are happy to vacation here as well!! And I have you guys who understand all of this- THANKS!!:)

Only two trips, but 1st one is for 21 days & for the 2nd I'm hoping to get in 14 days June 2014 to complete my AP mega trip. :thumbsup2

Our personal best is 8 trips on one set of annual passes. This includes 2 regular weekend trips, and all these trips involved a 12 hour drive each way. I couldn't do the same now, but gosh it was sooo much fun !

Oh my gosh, we have heard ALL the same comments. A lady in church the other day asked me....you for surely have done all there is to do down there by now haven't you? And I replied....NOT even close!! It took us till our 4th trip to finally see Illuminations... (bad I know lol) etc.

DH and I went in 2000 before kids and had a blast, so then we took our first family trip in Sept. 2010 (DH tells me now that he was kind of dreading that trip because it was for 9 days and he wondered what the heck we'd do for 9 days... now he is the one who adds days to our trips!)
Then came Sept 2011, and Sept 2012 and finally Dec 2012.

We bought annual passes in Sept 2012 because the dates worked out to take our next annual Sept trips within 1 year - so we threw the Dec trip in also to see the Christmas decs. So our max (for now) will be 3 within a 12 mo period.

We thought after this Sept 2013 we would wait till Dec 2014 to go back, then go Dec 2014 and Sept 2015 but DH is already saying that there is no way he can wait 15 mos between trips - lol. I am so lucky he loves it just as much as the kids and I do. My son, who is 9 is already working as hard as he can in school so that he can go to college and to the college program - lol. He takes his picture by Walt's picture at the MK train station every trip - the boy is a true fan.

We get the money comments too, as I am a stay at home home-schooling mom, BUT - we live in a small, fairly dated house, we drive older cars, don't eat out, don't have lots of clothes - I still have dress shoes from high school that I wear - lol and these family trips mean the world to us. (DH is a rep on the road - ALOT - so for him to take 10 days and do NOTHING but hang with the kids and family - that is pure magic.) Oh and not that there's anything wrong with people who do have nice houses, cars etc - that's just the only way WE can afford to go! :D

Glad to be in good company here on the boards - where people "get it"

*edited to add - I also have an aunt who lives in Ontario, CA, so the kids have been to Disneyland a few times also...DS has been to DL 3 times, DD has been 2 times and other DD has been 1 time...

To both parts of the question, my answer is, "One." Due to reality:sad1:, that's probably going to remain the case -- but it's not necessarily by choice!:rolleyes2

We get the money comments too, as I am a stay at home home-schooling mom, BUT - we live in a small, fairly dated house, we drive older cars, don't eat out, don't have lots of clothes - I still have dress shoes from high school that I wear - lol and these family trips mean the world to us. (DH is a rep on the road - ALOT - so for him to take 10 days and do NOTHING but hang with the kids and family - that is pure magic.) Oh and not that there's anything wrong with people who do have nice houses, cars etc - that's just the only way WE can afford to go! :D

:wave2: Hi fellow home-school mommy! Glad to know there are others out there!! We are totally the same! We buy our clothes from the thrift shops or off clearance racks, live in a small home, drive old cars and really budget in normal life, and it's alllll for the love of Disney! And ya know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!! :cool1:

DopeyDonald said:
(DH is a rep on the road - ALOT - so for him to take 10 days and do NOTHING but hang with the kids and family - that is pure magic.)

My DH is gone 4 nights a week for 9 months of the year - I totally understand where you are coming from!

We get comments a lot because we go 1-2 times a year, but we don't have any kids. Some people just don't understand how big it is and all there is to do, and how magical it is, even without little kids! :)

We get comments a lot because we go 1-2 times a year, but we don't have any kids. Some people just don't understand how big it is and all there is to do, and how magical it is, even without little kids! :)

We DO have kids, and we take our kids at least once a year, but we also like to make a habit of going alone too! We are lucky that my parents like to have our kids stay over so we can get away! It is really fun to go with the kids, and the memories and looks of joy on their little faces are priceless, but going just as a couple is sooo much less stressful and really gives us the ability to just be big kids ourselves! I love it! :)

November 2010-August 2011, with annual passes, my husband and I spent 40 days in the parks. We did this in a bunch of 1-4 day trips driving up from the Ft. Lauderdale area-- the most fun year ever!

The most in one year was 3 times. I usually like to go twice a year but being a teacher, my availability is very limited so now I usually just go once a year.

In 2012 we were on The Fantasy (2nd sailing) and WDW(Easter). did the Knights & Lights ABD, DLP, the Magic out of NY to Canada, 10 days in DL and will spend 13 nights at BLT for Easter 2013...guess we are Disney crazy!!! Will spend 24 nights pn the Magic in the Med this summer then 10 nights at AKL conceirge level next Thanksgiving...gotta LOVE DVC (only SOME of the points were used for these vacations!)

2008. We went 80 total days. Lots of day trips, and several 3 day mini vacations. Plus two 6 day vacations.

Its still kinda funny talking to the resort reservation ladies on the phone....they look at it and say,"it says you've stayed with us over 150 times?"
Then I have to explain 2008 to them. :thumbsup2

June 2011, Dec 2011 & June 2012= 3 trips in 12 months to WDW. However if you start with June 2012 WDW, Dec 2012 DL, Feb 2013 WDW & June 2013 WDW, I will pull off 4 trips in 12 months including coast to coast and my first runDisney event at the Princess half marathon!

I agree....I hate explaining why we vacation at Disney so often! We just love it! We also try to do at least one new thing each trip so we can eventually say we've done it all. The next new thing we want to try is a Disney cruise!

We have the Premier Passport and live in Texas. We have gone three times (2 DLR and 1 WDW) in the last four months with a Disney Hong Kong trip planned next month. We have a four year old, so school isn't an issue. I would move in if I could...

I am trying to convince my husband we need to come back for Star Wars weekends. He thinks it will be too crowded and hot. boo!

The most I've been is twice in one year.
This is our 7th year in a row & 14th visit in total over 17 years & I'm really fed up with people saying "are you not fed up with going back to the same place every year?"

We just went for 5 days in beginning of January. Upgraded to AP because my DD is playing softball there this summer so it just made sense. So, we now are going Back at mardi gras, thanksgiving and maybe a couple of 3 day weekend trips for other holidays that kids are out of school even if it is a 10 hr drive. Ppl always ask how we can afford it. All small trips we are staying off site :( and then we will eat off site alot as well. Already have tickets. Why not get maximum usage from them. This 4 night mardi gras trip will only cost us as a family of 4 about $600 total. Prolly less than that but I always over estimate.

A bunch. The most in a year so far is 3. From Sept. '12 to Sept. '13, the total will be 5...but a couple of those are short trips and off site. This Feb. will be mine and DH's 22 trip since 2001. Pretty happy to have a great life that allows for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter