You went HOW many times?!?!

From July '11 to July '12, we took 4 trips. DH went once without us though.

I need to preface this with the fact that me, myself and I had my first trip shortly afer MK opened. That's a looonnnnggg time.....feeling old....:sad2:

When the kids were young with that darn school thing and darn sports thing, we'd average 2 times per year. ;)

When the kids were in college and we were on our own, 3+ times per year.:cool1:

Now...we average 2 times per year with our DVC an AP but also look to other places to visit. Without an AP, it's 1 for WDW and 1 for Vero or Hilton Head plus maybe the other places to visit.

One.

...but we make the most of it and feel blessed to do so. :goodvibes:thumbsup2 I never went as a kid. 3 years ago was our first trip. It was incredible/magical/memorable/etc...

We've been back once a year since.

With a family of five and coming from Michigan, it's not exactly cheap to head down to WDW. We ALL love it though and look forward to our 4th year in a row.

Dan

DisneyFive said:
One.

...but we make the most of it and feel blessed to do so. :goodvibes:thumbsup2 I never went as a kid. 3 years ago was our first trip. It was incredible/magical/memorable/etc...

We've been back once a year since.

With a family of five and coming from Michigan, it's not exactly cheap to head down to WDW. We ALL love it though and look forward to our 4th year in a row.

Dan
I agree my first actual "stay there trip" was 2009. We are in Indy so yeah the distance stinks. For us, three kids are grown and out of house so its just me DH and DS. If we were 5 traveling there would only one trip a year.....at best. By the way LOVE your profile pic!!!!

The most I have done is 2 week long trips in a year, but seriously thinking about starting to do 3 or 4. Long weekends a year to try different times of the year

We've done 3 trips totalling 28 days in 12 months twice. We get AP's every other year and always get at least two 10-12 day trips on them and every once in awhile we have a good excuse to get a 3rd shorter trip in too.

Three trips in 2012 - April for a Disney themed wedding, October for MNSSHP and a Fantasy cruise, December to celebrate Christmas with DD, a CM. This was after we thought our very first trip in '97 would be our only trip as we live 3 hours from DL - one year we went to DL over 20 times!

The most I have done is 4. This was in 2012. We did DL in January, DCL in January, WDW in July, and WDW again in December.

We are going again in March, so I guess it's really 5 in 15 months.

To be fair the DL/DCL trip were really all part of the same vacation, so that could be counted as one.

My husband and I are actually going round and round with this very subject in recent days.
You see I love Disney and I addicted and would go every year if I could but, he had to be dragged kicking and screaming on our last trip in September and is pretty much set against going again this year.

I agreed to skip 2013.. and now I am planning a trip for January 2014. He still isn't thrilled but, he has agreed.

We have been 3 times and 2014 will be our fourth trip.

We always drive and it is a looonnng drive for us as we live right in the center of the country. I won't fly, I have a phobia about it, so when we go it always takes us at least 12 days. Not exactly a hop, skip and a jump so, its a major vacation and we could never do this more than once a year.

I do know on our last trip some of the rides grew a little stale. As much as I adore Disney, after you have ridden some of the rides 10+ times it does get a little old, in my opinion. I can understand why people love to go often but, more than a few times a year and I think it would become incredibly boring.. I mean how many times can I ride IASW and be entertained? That is merely my opinion and I am not judging.. just saying for me once a year would be perfect.

Anyway, each trip we have taken to Disney has ended up costing us upwards of $6000, and the last trip was almost $8000 because we spent a few days at Universal.... so, money also becomes an issue for us to go more than once a year. My husband makes great money and I work part time and all of my money is for extras and we still wouldn't be able to afford to go more than once a year. Or should I say there is no way my husband would put out that kind of money more than once a year to go to Disney... and he is even complaining about once a year.

I am actually jealous of those of you who have family members and significant others who support the Disney love... I certainly have a husband I struggle with about it.

I made three trips in 2012. (Seattle to Anaheim) June, September, and October. Ive made a total of 25 trips/days into the parks so far!:cool1:

This is by far the most I have gone. I would normally make a trip every couple of years, but I bought an annual pass in June and wanted to get my money's worth. :thumbsup2 I had 3 trips planned at once and wish I had 3 more planned out and paid for right now. I still have one more trip planned for next month and Im hoping to be able to plan one more trip before the annual pass expires in June. Not sure if its gonna happen but Im sure gonna try! :scared:

File this under the this doesn't count but when I lived off of International drive and just moved back to Orlando and was a A.P. holder and had yet to have kids, I went every day (granted many were after work) for 6 straight weeks. :thumbsup2

We went to WDW 7 times on our 2011-12 APs. This year will be 5, I think, plus DL. I live in OH... ALL of my expenses go on my Southwest card so about half of my flights are free. We spent appx 10% of our nights at Pop Century - commonly referred to as our "spare home."

Irony in this thread, but I worked p/t in retail to pay for last year's trips. I work f/t as a nanny, so no, I am not rich. I just budget well!

And to answer a question asked earlier, I do travel other places - half a dozen in the latter half of 2012 that I can recall off the top of my head. I love to travel and am ever-mindful of deals, maximizing opportunities and rewards points, etc.

Thank you!! And I also get that type of response, I'm in retail and someone paid with a Disney visa, of course that sparked conversation.....they asked questions, I answered...then they said oh my how often do you go...well I answered and the response was....oh my I had no idea someone in your position makes that much money, I guess I need a job here. My mouth just dropped, I regained composure and simply said, well I'm hiring would you like an application?

I know the feeling. We go about every 18-24 months and would go more if were were closer. People always comment about the expense and how lucky we are to go so often. Lucky?!? Our "new" car is 7 years old. Our old car is a 1999. We live in a small house. It isn't luck, it's choices.

And...we always stay on points at the Swan or Dolphin. That's not luck either, that's good planning. And, we take in PBJ for lunch.

I love WDW, and I love DLR even more, but I also love seeing other places. For those of you who visit WDW multiple times of year every year, do you ever take other vacations? The world is a big place and I want to make sure my children see more of it than just WDW and home. I've taken them to WDW and DLR many times, but I've also taken them to New York, Chicago, San Diego, Denver, the Grand Canyon, and this summer we went to Italy. The world has so many marvels - why limit yourself to one place?

We have taken our children all over this country and to England, France, Ireland, and Italy on multiple occasions. We returned to this country, yesterday, from visiting our younger daughter and her family in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We had a layover in Hong Kong so hopped on the subway and took a run out to DL Hong Kong. That daughter and her family have travelled and vacationed all over the world. Next January they are coming home to go to WDW.

In answer to the original question, we will be in WDW on, at least, 4 separate visits this year. We picked up the Dvc premium annual pass in November and want to take advantage of it.

Kristine316 said:
My husband and I are actually going round and round with this very subject in recent days.
You see I love Disney and I addicted and would go every year if I could but, he had to be dragged kicking and screaming on our last trip in September and is pretty much set against going again this year.

I agreed to skip 2013.. and now I am planning a trip for January 2014. He still isn't thrilled but, he has agreed.

We have been 3 times and 2014 will be our fourth trip.

We always drive and it is a looonnng drive for us as we live right in the center of the country. I won't fly, I have a phobia about it, so when we go it always takes us at least 12 days. Not exactly a hop, skip and a jump so, its a major vacation and we could never do this more than once a year.

I do know on our last trip some of the rides grew a little stale. As much as I adore Disney, after you have ridden some of the rides 10+ times it does get a little old, in my opinion. I can understand why people love to go often but, more than a few times a year and I think it would become incredibly boring.. I mean how many times can I ride IASW and be entertained? That is merely my opinion and I am not judging.. just saying for me once a year would be perfect.

Anyway, each trip we have taken to Disney has ended up costing us upwards of $6000, and the last trip was almost $8000 because we spent a few days at Universal.... so, money also becomes an issue for us to go more than once a year. My husband makes great money and I work part time and all of my money is for extras and we still wouldn't be able to afford to go more than once a year. Or should I say there is no way my husband would put out that kind of money more than once a year to go to Disney... and he is even complaining about once a year.

I am actually jealous of those of you who have family members and significant others who support the Disney love... I certainly have a husband I struggle with about it.

Oh my I have a solution you can just go with me lol! And for us its the whole experience, we love the resorts and the food and also in general love Orlando. I am addicted BECAUSE of my DH. He started the mouse insanity and now my DS8 has caught it too. I have 2 older daughters and a son in law too that love Disney as well. We are a whole Disney family lol. Enjoy planning for your trip thats one of my fav parts!

We live about an hour away from WDW and go almost every week. We average between 50 and 60 days a year.

I am so glad to be among such an awesome group of people. I feel so much better knowing others get the same reaction from random people AND even family! I hope someday to be a weekly visitor to Disney.....now just gotta figure a way to back to Florida!

Oh I shouldn't have started reading this thread... It's only intensifying the obsession! We are going for ten days in August and it's too hard to wait.... To the point that I have a 3 night cruise on the dream on hold right now for May! My boys have off a Thursday and Friday, so a three night would work and they won't have to miss any school. AND air is not crazy expensive! I figure we can fly down Wednesday night, stay at the hyatt in MCO, hop on DME in the morning and spend a few hours in DTD on Sunday before flying home. I must be nuts! I casually asked DW tonight if she could take those days off when she does the May schedule just in case we decide to do something for a few days. That's not an unusual request, so she would never suspect anything. So I think I'm going to book it and surprise everyone the day we leave! Thank goodness I have all of you to blab to!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter