Our 2012 trips:
March--7 days
June--3 days, plus 7 days on the Fantasy
Sept--3 days
Oct--7 days
November--6 days
December--14 days

Yikes, now that I type that out, I seem a bit obsessed! :rotfl:

We've gone 5 times (ithink) since we got our seasonal pass in october. But only one of those was an over night trip. We live about 4 hours south and dh has mondays off and occasionally needs a mickey break. We currently have another overnight trip planned for late february but otherwise we just wing it.

On our last pass, 2 years ago, I think we went enough days that it ended up costing less than $10 a day for park admission.

I hear it all the time- Why go to Disney again?

You know what? It's my vacation, my money and my family, so leave your opinion to yourself. :rotfl:

I love WDW, and I love DLR even more, but I also love seeing other places. For those of you who visit WDW multiple times of year every year, do you ever take other vacations? The world is a big place and I want to make sure my children see more of it than just WDW and home. I've taken them to WDW and DLR many times, but I've also taken them to New York, Chicago, San Diego, Denver, the Grand Canyon, and this summer we went to Italy. The world has so many marvels - why limit yourself to one place?

We budget for two big family trips per year. The last few years it has been Disney for each of them. However, we've been many places. We've done many cruises, hitting a variety of islands. We've travelled in Canada, dd has spent a month in Chile, we go to the Adirondacks every Fall, Boston etc.
Disney is what we choose to do NOW. Not forever, just for now. When we're sick of it, we'll do something else again. We were very excitedly planning a trip to Banff for the summer and it was working out much more expensive. At one point we priced out Hawaii and it was astronomical. We can go away twice in a year to Florida and stay under our allotted budget.
My kids are 15 and 9. Finally my 9 year old is getting to a place where other types of trips with museums and sightseeing would hold more interest for him.
Like I said, we had something else planned for the summer, but last weekend the kids unanimously voted for Disney for the summer trip again. As long as it makes my family happy and we are excited.. it's good for now:)

We go probably 12-15 times per year, but they are usually just day trips, since we live in Tampa. It's still fun to answer those survey people in the park by telling them we've probably been over 100 times. Their eyes usually get quite wide....:lmao:

we went twice last year,and gave been ten tines in total since 2005.:banana:

we live in the UK so our trips have ranged from 12 nights (once),14 nights,15 nights (once).

this year,sadly back to one visit- but it's 17 nights.:cool1::cool1:

People think we are nuts. We've been four times in the past 24 months. Honestly many people can't afford it, although we have some tricks that save us money.

When you look at how most people tour the parks (standing in hour long lines all day) you can see why many people don't like Disney.

We usually average 3 to 4 trips a year. One year we did do 5 trips & that was the year we had 3 trips in planning stages. The ADR's were kinda confusing tho, lol. Someone would say 'when are we eating at ------', and I would answer 'no, that's not this trip'.
When people ask how we afford it we just tell them we have AP's and go when there is a good deal going on. I travel with my dd & her two children but we usually split the bill down the middle so it's not like one family having to pay for everything.

I hear it all the time- Why go to Disney again?

You know what? It's my vacation, my money and my family, so leave your opinion to yourself. :rotfl:

Next time they ask, give them the Disney link and tell them to go figure it out.:lmao: Those are the same people that go camping or to the beach, same spot every year. :rolleyes1

3 is usual for us for WDW. We buy an AP and go during that span.
Then move to DLR for the next year and the most there is 5.

I went with my dad and stepmom back in late November of 1994. My sister and niece wanted to go, but my niece was in her last year of high school and couldn't take off. So we knew we'd be going back in the summer.

We did go in June of 1995. Then, when we got off the plane coming home from that trip, my other sister who met us at the airport gleefully said, "My hubby says I can take a trip with you, can we go to Disney in December?" I went back to the travel agent, sighing but happy to be planning another trip.

So, December 1994, June 1995, and December 1995 - three trips in 12 months. By the third trip, even I was slightly bored with "been there, done that", but only slightly, and it was tons of fun to see my sister experience it for the first time. :)

In 2011, dh & I went 5 times --the kids 4. Last year it was 4 times. This year we are on track to go 4-5 times again.

when we lived in Ohio it was 2x a year.. now that we are outside of Atlanta, the drive is easier...and owning DVC helps too. :)

I get to go a few days a month on quick little day trips, pretty much on a whim since I'm 20ish minutes away. I do have to admit, I'm kind of jealous of everyone that gets to stay in the hotels and make the reservations so far in advance. I think it'd be fun to experience!

I love WDW, and I love DLR even more, but I also love seeing other places. For those of you who visit WDW multiple times of year every year, do you ever take other vacations? The world is a big place and I want to make sure my children see more of it than just WDW and home. I've taken them to WDW and DLR many times, but I've also taken them to New York, Chicago, San Diego, Denver, the Grand Canyon, and this summer we went to Italy. The world has so many marvels - why limit yourself to one place?

Besides our multiple trips to WDW/DCL that I previously posted above, in 2012 we also went on a Holland America cruise to the southern Caribbean, went to New Orleans and to Sanibel Island, Florida. WDW/DCL is still my favorite.

most trips in one year 5. With our first AP we spent 42 days at Disney that year! This year we got in 5 trips too but I didn't count how many days!

I've actually tried to get DD not to tell people we've been to Disney 14 times since 2007 - they always give us that look!!

I have 3 DVC trips this year - March BLT, August VGC (California D23), December BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter