You little sneak! A TR with lies & pictures! (July 25-Aug 5, 2010) Done 3/29

H209.jpg

The wait time is now 90 minutes, not even noon.

H210.jpg

I know I rode FJ one more time, using the single rider line. It must have been before I ate lunch because I didn’t have the cup in my hand. I also bought another Butterbeer, but this time got the frozen kind. I don’t remember which one I liked better. Or even IF I liked one more than the other. I didn't try the pumpkin juice, that will be on my list for "next time".

Bye bye Harry Potter

H213.jpg

H214.jpg

H215.jpg

H216.jpg

Hello Universal Studios Islands of Adventure

H217.jpg

H218.jpg

H221.jpg

I rode a few more rides. Not many, I’d look at the wait time and say “nahh....” I used one of their free lockers if you only use it for an hour to stash my stuff. I think I just rode the ones that had single rider lines.

And then I took a cab back to DTD and a bus back to the resort. I think this was one of the days I couldn’t find Blanche at the resort. I went to the room, nope. Gift shop, nope. Pools, nope. I think we probably passed each other when one of us was inside and the other outside or something. I don’t think she expected me back so soon though.

It started to downpour at one point, but we sucked it up and headed to MK anyways. We knew this was our last night at All Star Movies, which meant it was almost time to leave. So we wanted to really enjoy our night at MK. I left my cameras at the hotel and went emptyhanded.

We were awed by the fireworks display, it seemed as though the fireworks were coming from all around us.

We rode some rides a few times. We ate at Cosmic Rays, which was a first for me. My Sprite was disgusting, like there was no soda flavouring, but I was too lazy to go back and get another one. The food was good though.

I can’t remember what time we went back, but I remember seeing parts of the Main Street Electrical Parade as we swerved around.

Oh! We rode Haunted Mansion one last time! There was no wait. We walked as quickly as Blanche could through the line. I went through the entrance first. There was a cast member hidden on the side, just inside the doorway. I screamed so loud that I scared Blanche and she screamed. I also jumped about 3 feet in the air. Blanche thought I was just trying to scare her, so she didn’t expect the cast member at all and screamed when she saw him. How he can keep a straight face, I have no idea. Blanche points her finger at him and tells him that he’s lucky she didn’t hit him. Then turns to walk up to me, and I’m sitting on the floor laughing so hard there are tears streaming down my cheeks.

We’re still laughing as we go into the stretching room. I know that cast members sometimes scare you, so I stood next to the wall and get Blanche to stand between me and the cast member. But then in his creepy voice, he tells everyone to take 2 steps into the middle of the room. Great. Blanche has no clue, but I stick close to her side. The lights go out and then when they come on, the cast member says “Please exit” blah blah. Right behind Blanche. We scream so loud that this little boy starts crying saying he won’t go on. We try to stop laughing long enough to tell him that the ride isn’t scary, that we just scream really easily.

Poor little guy does get on the ride, and after we asked him how it was and he said he liked it.

I thought that was a great ride to have on our last night at MK. I don’t think we got on anything else.

Final thoughts on IoA:

I rode: The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, Doctor Dooms Fearfall, Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

All in all, I liked the park. I had wanted to do more, but I didn’t find the rest of the park very fun without a friend. I didn’t mind being solo in the Harry Potter section, but the rest of it was kind of lonely for me. I guess I wished Blanche had been feeling better so we could ride some of the rides together, and enjoy the lines together. I rode what I could in the solo lines, but other than that, I didn’t bother.

To be honest, I felt like I had spent too much time off Disney property, I missed out on Disney stuff because I spent 3 days at other parks. I liked the parks, but it wasn’t the same as a Disney Park. In order to do all three parks, I think I’ll have to take at least 2 weeks. If I can’t do two weeks, I will just do one park at a time. Each trip, I’ll do a different park I guess.

Up next: Grand Floridian, and Rose arrives!!!

the harry potter pictures look great. how was the ride for it? do you ride a broom in mid air? i dont know much about it. I also saw a sign that said jurassic park. did u go in and see that attraction or do they even have 1. I dont know to much about universal. seems like a lot of fun:goodvibes

the pictures of port orleans look very nice. we were thinking of staying there last visit but we went in another direction. looks awfully nice thou. I remember playing disney trivia on 1 of the boats last time. it was fun but i had no clue any of the answers lol

H209.jpg

The wait time is now 90 minutes, not even noon.

H210.jpg

I know I rode FJ one more time, using the single rider line. It must have been before I ate lunch because I didn’t have the cup in my hand. I also bought another Butterbeer, but this time got the frozen kind. I don’t remember which one I liked better. Or even IF I liked one more than the other. I didn't try the pumpkin juice, that will be on my list for "next time".

Bye bye Harry Potter

H213.jpg

H214.jpg

H215.jpg

H216.jpg

Hello Universal Studios Islands of Adventure

H217.jpg

H218.jpg

H221.jpg

I rode a few more rides. Not many, I’d look at the wait time and say “nahh....” I used one of their free lockers if you only use it for an hour to stash my stuff. I think I just rode the ones that had single rider lines.

And then I took a cab back to DTD and a bus back to the resort. I think this was one of the days I couldn’t find Blanche at the resort. I went to the room, nope. Gift shop, nope. Pools, nope. I think we probably passed each other when one of us was inside and the other outside or something. I don’t think she expected me back so soon though.

It started to downpour at one point, but we sucked it up and headed to MK anyways. We knew this was our last night at All Star Movies, which meant it was almost time to leave. So we wanted to really enjoy our night at MK. I left my cameras at the hotel and went emptyhanded.

We were awed by the fireworks display, it seemed as though the fireworks were coming from all around us.

We rode some rides a few times. We ate at Cosmic Rays, which was a first for me. My Sprite was disgusting, like there was no soda flavouring, but I was too lazy to go back and get another one. The food was good though.
I can’t remember what time we went back, but I remember seeing parts of the Main Street Electrical Parade as we swerved around.

Oh! We rode Haunted Mansion one last time! There was no wait. We walked as quickly as Blanche could through the line. I went through the entrance first. There was a cast member hidden on the side, just inside the doorway. I screamed so loud that I scared Blanche and she screamed. I also jumped about 3 feet in the air. Blanche thought I was just trying to scare her, so she didn’t expect the cast member at all and screamed when she saw him. How he can keep a straight face, I have no idea. Blanche points her finger at him and tells him that he’s lucky she didn’t hit him. Then turns to walk up to me, and I’m sitting on the floor laughing so hard there are tears streaming down my cheeks.

We’re still laughing as we go into the stretching room. I know that cast members sometimes scare you, so I stood next to the wall and get Blanche to stand between me and the cast member. But then in his creepy voice, he tells everyone to take 2 steps into the middle of the room. Great. Blanche has no clue, but I stick close to her side. The lights go out and then when they come on, the cast member says “Please exit” blah blah. Right behind Blanche. We scream so loud that this little boy starts crying saying he won’t go on. We try to stop laughing long enough to tell him that the ride isn’t scary, that we just scream really easily.

Poor little guy does get on the ride, and after we asked him how it was and he said he liked it.

I thought that was a great ride to have on our last night at MK. I don’t think we got on anything else.

Final thoughts on IoA:

I rode: The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, Doctor Dooms Fearfall, Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

All in all, I liked the park. I had wanted to do more, but I didn’t find the rest of the park very fun without a friend. I didn’t mind being solo in the Harry Potter section, but the rest of it was kind of lonely for me. I guess I wished Blanche had been feeling better so we could ride some of the rides together, and enjoy the lines together. I rode what I could in the solo lines, but other than that, I didn’t bother.

To be honest, I felt like I had spent too much time off Disney property, I missed out on Disney stuff because I spent 3 days at other parks. I liked the parks, but it wasn’t the same as a Disney Park. In order to do all three parks, I think I’ll have to take at least 2 weeks. If I can’t do two weeks, I will just do one park at a time. Each trip, I’ll do a different park I guess.

Up next: Grand Floridian, and Rose arrives!!!

I have always wanted to eat at Cosmic Rays. It looks neat. Sorry to hear abou the sprite. Yuck. The soda I drank from restorantasaurus (I know I butchered the name) over at AK was a little nasty too lol We have never had a day when we werent on disney property when we visited. It would feel a little wierd to be honest. But 3 days away from wdw, I could see how u would be in disney withdrawal to some extent. I like to hit sea world or universal next trip.

We get up, eat and finish packing everything up. The plan was get the rental car by MK, so we had a shuttle pick us up. Then we were to stop at DTD, get some lunch to go at Earl of Sandwich then head to the airport to pick up Rose. I know I bought a few things (um... $80 worth of things) at All Star Movies (Donald’s Double Feature) at 8:25. So we left sometime after that, not long though, we wanted to be early at the airport.

Rose’s first flight was in 2009 when she won the free flights with Air Canada. She doesn’t do well with motion, she gets sea sick, car sick, etc. She ended up getting sick as we were landing in Orlando I think on that trip. I had showed her as best as I could where she would be going this time. Blanche and I told her it was okay to stop and ask for help anywhere in the airport in Montreal or in Orlando. We waited and waited at the luggage carousel for her. Why the luggage carousel is accessible to people not on the flight I really have no clue, but that’s where we met her. We were so happy to see her, we gave her big hugs.

We ate the sandwiches in our little red car, and then we were planning to head to one of the Outlet malls (Premium I think) and then to the GF for the tea that afternoon. Well, it didn’t quite happen like that. We got to the Outlet mall, and shopped.... and shopped.... and shopped.... so we called the GF to say we wouldn’t make the tea. Let’s see, I spent $150 at the Character Warehouse before we decided to stay a little bit longer. That was 3:10, by 5:21, I had been back in there again and spent another $100!! It might actually be a good thing there is not a Disney Store in PEI. All in all at that outlet, my poor little visa had an extra $350 on it.

So off we went to find the GF!

I’m going to say that I feel more like finishing the TR than really editing any more pictures, so these ones might seem pretty plain compared to some of the others you’ve seen, but they’re still the Grand Floridian!!! (And if I do end up editing them and making them look a little nicer, I’ll post them on the end of the TR)

IMG_1657edited.jpg

Blanche’s directions

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660edited.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665edited.jpg

Blanche asked at the MK gate where to go, she said to go right. I guess she meant stay in the right lane, because we turned right and eventually ended up at DTD. LOL

But look what we followed for a bit:

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

I should have taken out my big camera for this; I didn’t want to use my flash and then some of the pictures ended up blurry and didn’t document it well enough for me! Check in was easy. We were in Conch Key, on the main floor, room 7254 I think.

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

Our building entrance:

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

Our room

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Gotta love the phone in the bathroom.

IMG_1732.jpg

Here’s our mess after the first day of shopping... and some stuff we’d bought before but we were showing Rose.

IMG_1737.jpg

By then it was almost 11pm, so it was nighty night time. I’m sure we called Rose’s family at some point, but I didn’t keep track.

the harry potter pictures look great. how was the ride for it? do you ride a broom in mid air? i dont know much about it. I also saw a sign that said jurassic park. did u go in and see that attraction or do they even have 1. I dont know to much about universal. seems like a lot of fun:goodvibes

the pictures of port orleans look very nice. we were thinking of staying there last visit but we went in another direction. looks awfully nice thou. I remember playing disney trivia on 1 of the boats last time. it was fun but i had no clue any of the answers lol

The Forbidden Journey ride was great. They "bewitch" the bleachers and you sit on a bench type seat. 4 people side by side. You move around quite a bit and are jerked a lot, but you do not go upside down or anything like that. If anyone does not like spiders, do NOT go on this ride! :scared1: I don't mind them because I know the story. They are important to the whole Harry Potter storyline.

I didn't end up going into anything Jurassic Park related. I really wanted to, but I found that section of the park kind of lonely without someone to talk to. I would have had more fun with Blanche there I think. This was my first time at Universal, and I really liked it, but it's just not as fun solo as Disney World is, IMHO.

I really liked POFQ when we stayed there. We had a great room, and the resort is nice and compact. We walked up to PORiverside for breakfast on our last day. That was nice too.

I have always wanted to eat at Cosmic Rays. It looks neat. Sorry to hear abou the sprite. Yuck. The soda I drank from restorantasaurus (I know I butchered the name) over at AK was a little nasty too lol We have never had a day when we werent on disney property when we visited. It would feel a little wierd to be honest. But 3 days away from wdw, I could see how u would be in disney withdrawal to some extent. I like to hit sea world or universal next trip.

Yup, 3 days off property (plus the afternoon I spent at Church/at the outlet, plus the 2 more outlet days later on.... Yup, too much time away from Disney! I need a month in Disney if I'm going to be away that much! :laughing:

The Forbidden Journey ride was great. They "bewitch" the bleachers and you sit on a bench type seat. 4 people side by side. You move around quite a bit and are jerked a lot, but you do not go upside down or anything like that. If anyone does not like spiders, do NOT go on this ride! :scared1: I don't mind them because I know the story. They are important to the whole Harry Potter storyline.

I didn't end up going into anything Jurassic Park related. I really wanted to, but I found that section of the park kind of lonely without someone to talk to. I would have had more fun with Blanche there I think. This was my first time at Universal, and I really liked it, but it's just not as fun solo as Disney World is, IMHO.

I really liked POFQ when we stayed there. We had a great room, and the resort is nice and compact. We walked up to PORiverside for breakfast on our last day. That was nice too.

Yup, 3 days off property (plus the afternoon I spent at Church/at the outlet, plus the 2 more outlet days later on.... Yup, too much time away from Disney! I need a month in Disney if I'm going to be away that much! :laughing:

the harry potter ride sounds nice. I don't mind spiders, so no worries. too bad about not having some 1 to walk with while visiting thr section of jurassic park. would of been fun i bet. nothing is as fun as disney alone.

a month in disney? wow better start saving up big time. that is quite a ambitous trip u got there. i think a week to 10 days is more then enough fun but i hear where u r coming from.

the harry potter ride sounds nice. I don't mind spiders, so no worries. too bad about not having some 1 to walk with while visiting thr section of jurassic park. would of been fun i bet. nothing is as fun as disney alone.

a month in disney? wow better start saving up big time. that is quite a ambitous trip u got there. i think a week to 10 days is more then enough fun but i hear where u r coming from.

You'd think I wouldn't mind being solo, after all, most of my trips were solo! My first trip, solo at Pop, second took my nephew and we stayed at Pop, my sort of third trip (Shopping, no parks) was with Blanche & Rose at POFQ, then my fourth was solo at ASMu, and my fifth/5.5 was with Blanche at ASMo (this one) and with Blanche and Rose at GF. But nope, not as fun as Disney. I don't think I could ever afford a month at Disney, unless I don't go for the next ten years and save up! :laughing: Not really going to happen, so I'll stick with visiting ONE non Disney park a trip, if any.

Aug 3, 2010: Breakfast/lunch at the GF and shopping at DTD

This was the day we had planned on spending at Epcot, but it didn’t work that way. We only spent part of the day there. We had to return the rental car, so we had the shuttle drive us back to DTD. Before that, we had breakfast at Gasparilla Grill and games.

Here’s the view from inside the room.

IMG_1742.jpg

And standing on the patio, if you looked left, this is what you would see:

IMG_1743.jpg

But you can’t really see it. Let’s try again:

IMG_1745.jpg

Space Mountain!!!

Our little patio

IMG_1751.jpg

Walking to breakfast

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

1752, 1753, 1754, 1756, 1759, 1760, 1762, 1763, 1765, 5666,

Look really closely at this picture...

IMG_5667.jpg

Even closer

IMG_5668.jpg

Anne of Green Gables is one of the books in the painting! Too funny as Anne of Green Gables was written by PEI’s most famous author, Lucy Maud Montgomery and takes place in our province.

All three of us loved this, but we were concerned with our luggage and fitting everything in already, so we didn’t buy it.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Can you guess how much I spent on this morning? On some of our receipts we had these discount coupons that could be used at World of Disney before 12am. My receipt says 11:58 am. LOL I managed another $300 at WOD. Crazy! I think this is why I still live with my parents. I can’t afford to move out because I spend too much at Disney World!!!

Back to the GF so we can take the monorail to Epcot.

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

Yes, we did go into some more stores!

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

3:42 and we’re on the monorail. Didn’t quite spend the whole day at Epcot as planned, eh?

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

5:30pm and we made it, finally, to Epcot. Rose took a trip to Florida in high school, driving with a friend’s family. They went to MK and that was it. That was a long time ago, right Rose? I think all she remembers is It’s a Small World! So we tell her this is really her very first real park experience.

IMG_5705.jpg

We wandered the Art of Disney.

I want this:

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

But soon it started another downpour, so we stopped to get something to eat.... at Electric Umbrella I think.

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

Here’s the funny photopass photographer that took our pictures after supper. I had to crop it because Rose didn’t want her picture on the Internet. He took a bunch of Rose by herself and kept making jokes to make her laugh. He was really good. (Well, as far as personality goes, and he was about a normal photopass photographer as far as photography goes).

IMG_5713cropped.jpg

IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5716.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

A different photopass photographer took a picture of us and was supposed to put in the Soarin' (Mickey, Minnie and Goofy hang gliding), but didn't. I am torn between loving and hating when that happens.

After wandering around Canada, the UK and heading to France and getting some pressed pennies for Rose, we headed towards the Boulangerie Patisserie.

IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

We got a Napoleon, a strawberry tart and a chocolate cake. We split each in three and shared. I should have tried the chocolate cake first, but I didn’t. I should have tried the strawberry tart (which I’d had in 2009 and LOVED) after the chocolate cake but before the Napoleon, but I didn’t. I had the Napoleon first and then the rest, well, was boring! That Napoleon was incredible! I’m drooling on my keyboard as I type this out!

I met a very sweet, very good looking French man while I shopped. He had a very lovely French accent when he spoke French and English. He told me which magnet to buy and then I spoke to him in French. I have to get to France one day. I should have asked for his phone number in case I ever go to his neighbourhood! LOL

And the young men at the checkout were little flirts too. Funny. I enjoyed talking to them all in French. Now that I teach kindergarten, and Immersion kindergarten at that, I need to work harder at keeping my French!

IMG_5760.jpg

Blanche decided she was too exhausted, so she left for the hotel after our lovely snack. Rose and I kept going through World Showcase.

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

Stopped in Morocco and listened to MoRockin for a few minutes. I enjoyed them. They liked smiling for pictures too.

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5782.jpg

This one needs to be straightened.

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

We stopped in Japan for a Kaki Gori. I got Strawberry, because that’s what I always get, and Rose got cherry. She tried mine and realized it was better. LOL

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

Then we wanted to head back to Future World. I really wanted Rose to see Turtle Talk with Crush, and we weren’t sure what time it would be done, so we quickly walked back. I still took a few pictures, but we didn’t go into anymore shops or stop for any pressed pennies.

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

Every cloud has a silver lining.

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

Mine! Mine!

IMG_5847.jpg

Rose actually went on a ride! She rode the Nemo attraction in this clam mobile... or one similar.

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5860.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

We waited with the stingrays to be let into the theatre.

IMG_5878.jpg

This guy kept jumping up when the little boy would point near it.

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

I can understand how someone could step on a stingray. Do you see it?

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

We loved Turtle Talk with Crush. It totally amazes me every time. How do they do that?

It was dark when we went back outside, so we rushed towards World Showcase to see some of Illuminations. I’ve never really watched it before.

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

I’d brought my tripod down with me, but hadn’t used it at all. It’s just annoying to tote around the parks. These are all handheld. I'm sure I could do better if I'd brought the tripod, and if I thought about where to watch beforehand, and not just stopped wherever to watch, like we did. Oh well. They're okay for me! I've never done really well with fireworks.

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

After Illuminations, we wriggled our way to Mexico and watched the crowds. We went inside to take a look around.

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

Back outside to walk around WS some more. We still didn’t walk into every shop and we didn’t have all the pressed pennies yet.

IMG_5946.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

We wandered through the rest of WS, stopping to get some pearls. I made mine into a cage for a necklace, Rose had hers put on a ring, and made me buy it so it would be an anniversary or birthday gift from her husband and he’d pay me back. LOL I love doing the pick a pearl and I purposefully waited until Rose was there to do it. It was torture to wait. I wish Blanche could have been there too.

We noticed most of the shops in WS were closing, so after getting as many pressed pennies as we could, we left the park to go back to the resort. It was really nice taking the monorail and not a bus. I’d never done that before. If I could afford it, I might end up becoming a deluxe snob! LOL Probably not, because I really love the values and POFQ. I know I’d love the other mods too, I just haven’t stayed at any others yet. My total spending for the day was just under $500!!! Oopsies....

You'd think I wouldn't mind being solo, after all, most of my trips were solo! My first trip, solo at Pop, second took my nephew and we stayed at Pop, my sort of third trip (Shopping, no parks) was with Blanche & Rose at POFQ, then my fourth was solo at ASMu, and my fifth/5.5 was with Blanche at ASMo (this one) and with Blanche and Rose at GF. But nope, not as fun as Disney. I don't think I could ever afford a month at Disney, unless I don't go for the next ten years and save up! :laughing: Not really going to happen, so I'll stick with visiting ONE non Disney park a trip, if any.

I have walked the parks by myself a few times but never been on a solo trip. Would feel different, that's for sure. I personally like to share the magic asd fun of disney with someone else. :goodvibes Staying at disney for a month, would be rather intersting. If you plan on doing it, let me know..sounds like fun but like u said, I might have to save enough money for a few years lol

The night pictures are quite pretty. Illuminations is my favorite fireworks show. I think they do a great job with it. Epcot, is the bomb! Best park there is. I sorta skipped thru Morocco when I have visited there but your pictures will make me stop and pay more attention next visit. Did you happen to catch the american adventure show?

I have walked the parks by myself a few times but never been on a solo trip. Would feel different, that's for sure. I personally like to share the magic asd fun of disney with someone else. :goodvibes Staying at disney for a month, would be rather intersting. If you plan on doing it, let me know..sounds like fun but like u said, I might have to save enough money for a few years lol

I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath! :rotfl: I am only a teacher.... ;)

The night pictures are quite pretty. Illuminations is my favorite fireworks show. I think they do a great job with it. Epcot, is the bomb! Best park there is. I sorta skipped thru Morocco when I have visited there but your pictures will make me stop and pay more attention next visit. Did you happen to catch the american adventure show?

Illuminations is my least favorite fireworks show.... sorry! Maybe I need to give it a better shot. I love Fantasmic and Wishes more...

I think I spent the most time in the countries this year than most. I really need to do more, which is why I like the little Kim Possible missions, they force you to look around the countries a little more. Morocco was really pretty, I liked it, and it was definitely the first time I even stepped food "inside" the country. On my first trip, I didn't even realize that you COULD wander the countries. I thought they might have restaurants and that was it. I really missed out on a lot. No wonder I didn't like Epcot much that trip! I love Epcot now, as much as I love DHS, AK and MK at least! :rotfl2:

Missed the American Adventure show and Off Kilter. Never saw either one, but both are on my list for my next trip, unless it's just a short one, in which case, I will not have time to see those, because it will only be for 2 very short days, if I get to go.

Aug 4 Shopping, shopping and packing

We got up, ate breakfast and left for the outlet mall again. This time I think it was Prime Outlets. No I think I have it backwards, we went to Prime first and Premium on the 4th. I remember trying on about 100 pairs of shoes to find a pair that fit. I was practically in tears! I have such a hard time finding shoes, and it gets really frustrating.

I did find some shoes though, but nothing compared to what Blanche and Rose found... You’ll see proof later!

I don’t know if I actually practiced some self control after my $300 at WOD the day before, or if Blanche and Rose didn’t let me in the Disney Outlet, but I didn’t buy anything there.

We shopped until the early afternoon, then we went back to the resort and had the Afternoon Tea. Sorry, no pictures because I had left my camera in the room, and we just barely got back in time for the tea. We thought it was okay. I tried a “fruity” tea as the waitress had suggested. Eugh! I just don’t like tea or coffee. So Rose liked hers, Blanche thought it was okay (she had a fruity tea too). They didn’t have any Sally Lunn bread so I had biscuits or scones, and they got sandwiches. I wish they’d had some Sally Lunn bread, my mom makes some from a recipe she has and I LOVE it. I can actually make it too. I tried a recipe I found on the Net, and I didn’t like that one as much. I wonder which is more like the bread from the GF. (But if anyone wants the really yummy, really easy Sally Lunn bread recipe we have, let me know, because if I can make it - it HAS to be easy!!!!)

We went back to the room to get all our luggage packed up, and with all the shopping we did, it was difficult! Both Blanche & I had packed a second bag, putting a smaller bag inside a bigger one. I can’t remember if Rose had or not. I told her to because I know she loves to shop too. Here are some pictures of all our stuff as we tried to pack up.

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

Rose’s new shoes

IMG_1793.jpg

I think this is mostly all Rose’s purchases... mind you, she does have 4 kids. We had to open most of the kids toys to pack them.

IMG_1794.jpg

Blanche’s shoes.

1795 cropped, 1798 cropped,

IMG_1795shoescropped.jpg

IMG_1798cropped.jpg

Out for a walk around the Grand Floridian. Then Blanche & Rose went back to the room to put the pizza away. I waited for them and they never came back. We said we would meet somewhere, and I guess I got the wrong spot.

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

An airplane and a boat went by.

IMG_6052.jpg

Up Next... fireworks from Magic Kingdom, as seen from the Grand!

Finally I figured I’d head back to the room to find them. They had taken a lot longer because Rose wasn’t feeling well. We decided to watch the MK fireworks from the back of our hotel. If I ever stay here again, I want a Magic Kingdom view! It was so cool to watch the fireworks from there. Remember when I’d said it seemed like the fireworks were coming from all around us? You can see just how huge the fireworks area was in some of these pictures.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

IMG_6078.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

We went back to the room, chatted for a little bit and went to sleep. We knew we had breakfast the next morning and then we had to leave! We were not looking forward to leaving, although Blanche & I missed all our nieces and nephews and after the three busy days, Rose was ready to get back to her kids too.

We were having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe, so we got up and I snapped some pictures after we finished packing. Boy, it really was hard to pack everything up and fit them in our cases.... I think we outshopped ourselves.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

IMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6108edited.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

Up next: Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast, some last pictures and then we go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter