You Know You’ve Taken Too Many Pictures When the Photopass People Recognize You TR!!!

Nachos are the only gud thing at Applebees. It's a gud way to BLOW the no carb diet. :woohoo:

Today was Animal Kingdom day!!! Yay! :cool1: I used to dislike AK, like severely dislike. I thought the whole “nata zu” slogan was dumb because that’s what AK is, a glorified zoo. Maybe it’s because I grew up in Southern California and I had Sea World, The World Famous San Diego Zoo, and the San Diego Wild Animal Park so close by, but AK has never been on my favorites list. To me it was just a handful of animals in different themed lands with nothing really exciting or different. That was all true until…. EXPEDEITION EVEREST! :banana: :banana: I LOVE this ride, I think it’s amazingly themed and the best roller coaster that Disney’s done. So now I can tolerate AK and actually don’t think it’s a waste of time to visit.

It was another early day on our exhausting touring schedule. :crazy2: I believe we got up around 7:30 in order to be out and to AK by a decent hour. Let me just tell you that two high maintenance girls in an ASSports room is not a good idea. The bathroom area is two small for two people so we had to take shifts. It went something like this: person A would shower and B would get to sleep in. When A was done with the shower she would move to the blow drying station by the sink while B went in to shower. When B was done with the shower she moved to the blow drying station while A went to put on shoes and pack her purse. When B was done with the blow dryer, A went in to use the flat iron while B moved to the shoe station. When A was done with the flat iron she went to fill up the mugs while B used the flat iron. When A got back she put her makeup on while B enjoyed her beverage and then finally put her makeup on while A watched golden girls. Exhausting I know! Somewhere in there the two males of the group had to get showered and ready too. It was quite a production. So it took us about 3 hours to get ready…maybe not that long. But it took a long time.

So we were finally on our way to AK for our second full day at WDW. On the itinerary today was to just try to ride EE, Dino and the safari. We didn’t have any ADR’s for that afternoon but we thought we might try the CS side of Yak and Yeti.
100_4067.jpg

It was pretty crowded today as well. We walked back to EE and the line was posted at 60 mins so we went over and grabbed some FPs and decided we’d do the single rider line. Well the CM told us the single rider line was about 45 mins at that time. So we figured we’d wait an extra 15 mins in the regular line and all ride together. Plus I LOVE the themeing of the line. (Do you get the feeling that I love themeing? Well good because I do!) We had some interesting conversations about the actual Mt. Everest and talked about all the survivor shows like “Survivorman” and “Man vs. Wild” and that grizzly bear man documentary. (See how we kept our conversation themed as well…) I think we were also the only ones that read anything in the yeti museum, we found it very interesting. Of course we LOVED EE. I’m usually not afraid of heights but that lift terrifies me. I think it’s the fact that you can see every Disney park and most of the resorts, you can probably see downtown Orlando too. A little scary.
Julie and I waiting in line...all smiles.
100_4075.jpg

No we did not hold up the ride to take this picture!
100_4089.jpg

the beyond high lift...
100_4091.jpg

The required picture of the break in the tracks
100_4096.jpg

Group picture after we conqured the mountain
100_4100.jpg

After our meeting with the yeti we started our walk over the Dinoland, we took the long way and walked through Asia. We got some coffee because we were all pretty cranky and needed some more caffeine. I got a cookie too! We finally made it to Dinosaur and the line was posted at 40 mins and we waited about 15, which wasn’t too bad.
We talked to a CM inside and told him that we worked the Indy ride at DL and talked about the similarities and exchanged a few funny guests stories. He was a really nice CM.
being eaten by the dinosaur
100_4104.jpg

before we were terrified..
100_4107.jpg

This ride is very terrifying. Julie and I usually come off crying. It’s the same exact track as Indy’s but the themeing (eh, themeing) is so different that it throws us for a loop. We do ok until you start zipping around in the dark and dinos are chasing you and asteroids are breaking through the atmospheres…it’s a VERY intense ride. I would not recommend it for small children. On our last trip we took my younger cousin on it and he was in a stunned shock when we got off of it but decided later that he did actually like it.

After Dino we walked back by EE and used our fastpasses and then headed over to the safari. The safari was 90 mins and we decided not to wait because we needed to get over to Epcot for our dinner ADRs at Teppen Edo. So we meandered the park and did some shopping on the way out before we jumped on the bus to Epcot.

I’ll end there for this installment, you’ll have to wait to hear about our Teppan Edo experience…

It looks like you guys had fun at AK despite your dislike for the park:) I've never tried EE, but it looks like you guys had a great time! No festival of the lion king? That its a good show. Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Epcot!!!

It looks like you guys had fun at AK despite your dislike for the park:) I've never tried EE, but it looks like you guys had a great time! No festival of the lion king? That its a good show. Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Epcot!!!

yeah we did have a great time that day. Why haven't you tried EE? Just not a coaster fan?
I've always wanted to see the lion king show I've just never actually done it. We aren't really show people and I believe that show is really just like the parade we used to have a DL. Before this trip I had never made it to Camp Mickey and Minnie. Maybe next time I'll finally get to see it.

yeah we did have a great time that day. Why haven't you tried EE? Just not a coaster fan?
I've always wanted to see the lion king show I've just never actually done it. We aren't really show people and I believe that show is really just like the parade we used to have a DL. Before this trip I had never made it to Camp Mickey and Minnie. Maybe next time I'll finally get to see it.

yea, just not a coaster fan. If I was I'm sure it'd be great fun. Just not my thing. Freaks me out. Hehe.

I finally got my photopass cd and got some uploaded on to photobucket! :banana: yay...i thought i would post some back pictures

this was our 1st photopass picture on the freezing day at Epcot.
image026.jpg

I just LOVE that you can put Tink into your pictures, they're so cute!
image030.jpg

Our test track picture...I wish all the attractions had photopass. One of the photopass photographers told us that the other attractions are still under contract with kodak which is why they don't offer the photopass service. Has anyone heard this before?
image034.jpg

I think this picture is one of the best photopass pictures we got. This was in germany after we ate our pretzels!
image036.jpg

I didn't like any of our pictures from our 1st day at AK so you'll only get to see a couple...
image046.jpg

In front of the tree of life
image057.jpg

oh my, another update! Love the pics!!! I wanted to put boarders on ours and stuff, but didn't want to spend extra money on printing them out and what not.

You were very organized in the morning. :crowded: :laughing:
Enjoyed the pictures, especially the one with Tink.

Did all 4 of you stay in one room? That really does sound crowded!!!!

Love all your photos, sounds as though AK was a hit this time, after your description of Dinosaur it definitely sounds too intense for my DD's!

Lovely photopass pictures, you all are very photogenic!

I would have gone nuts with your guys bathroom routine in the morning. :scared1:

You were very organized in the morning. :crowded: :laughing:
Enjoyed the pictures, especially the one with Tink.

yeah it was beyond crowded. all of us had at least one large size suitcase, a carry on and a personal item. we even set up the ironing board and used it for storage.
Did all 4 of you stay in one room? That really does sound crowded!!!!

Love all your photos, sounds as though AK was a hit this time, after your description of Dinosaur it definitely sounds too intense for my DD's!

Yup, we were all in the same room. This trip was really a budget trip. With DF's discount and 4 people in the room we were only paying $10 a night per person. We used all the money we saved on eating around the world.
Yeah dinosaur can be pretty intense. I guess it all depends on the person, some totally love it. The guys in our trip thought it was lame and not scary.

Lovely photopass pictures, you all are very photogenic!

I would have gone nuts with your guys bathroom routine in the morning. :scared1:
We look photogenic because I only post the pictures where we look nice, that's the trick. :lmao:
Yeah the morning routine was not very fun.

Thanks for reading everyone!! :banana:

I'm used to that kind of bathroom schedule living with two daughters :headache:

You have some really great photos :thumbsup2

The one of Test Track with your buddies is funny :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter