You Know You’ve Taken Too Many Pictures When the Photopass People Recognize You TR!!!

You guys really are photogenic. Must be nice!

Looking forward to hearing about Teppan Edo.

Sorry for the long delay everyone...life and laziness got in the way. But now I'm going to try and be motivated to finish my report. We'll see how that goes...:banana:

I believe we last left on when the group was exiting AK and heading for an enjoyable evening at Epcot.

When we got the bus stop it looked as if there hadn't been a Epcot bus for a long time. The line was extremely long, Like massively long, Like 2-3 bus loads full long. :mad: The TTC/MK bus line was almost non-existant. I was debating about hopping into that line and then taking the monorail over to Epcot. I think we decided as a group to just stick it out in the Epcot line, and we were glad we made that decision. We finally got on the 3rd bus about 1/2 and hour later and not a single TTC/MK bus had come during that period. I don't know how long those people had to wait until a bus came. This was really our only transportation problem and our longest wait. I'll take it considering I was very nervous about the value resort transportation.

The bus ride over was pretty uneventful. It was only our 2nd full day and were all exhausted already.

We got to the WS around dusk and were able to take a few good pictures! I absolutely love this time of day at Epcot. It's so pretty with the different colors in the sky and the lagoon...it makes me miss WDW just thinking about it.
We took this one of the Epcot ball...
100_4113.jpg

We also harassed another photopass photographer and took some more pictures...
image083.jpg

We made our way over to Canada...we just wanted to walk around and check things out...tried to do O'Canada but was still receiving negative childhood memories so we skipped it...we did manage to take a "funny hat picture" as I like to call them...
100_4123.jpg

From there we quickly strolled through the UK and International Gateway...we wandered through France and I wanted to stop for a crepe but decided after dinner might be better. I didn't want to ruin my appetite.

We stopped in Morocco for another "funny hat picture"
100_4127.jpg

Finally we made it to Japan. We were early for our ADRs so we just checked out their department store-like shop Mitsuykashi (or something like that). We watched the pearl ladies for a while and were highly amused by them. They're so energetic and enthusiastic but sarcastic at the same time. It was great.
We finally made our way up the ginormous flight of stairs. At the top I got into line for Teppan Edo. Make sure you get in the correct line because both Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dinning are up there. Speaking of both restaurants being up there it was very crowded. :crowded: We had dinner reservations during prime time so there was almost no seating in the waiting area and the standing room was limited. It was all worth it though because dinner was amazing!!!

Ryan wanted to experience the whole dinner so he started with some type of sushi (only after I convinced him out of trying the crispy eel roll). Followed by their Miso soup. All of which he said was very delicious. He actually said that he thought CG's sushi was better. I got the Tori for a main appetizer which was a lot of chicken...it was soo good! Being a picky eater I liked being able to watch exactly what they're doing with my food. Ryan got the Asakusa which was shrimp and beef. I stole a few bites of his beef and it was to die for. So good...Of course the best part of dinner is watching your chef prepare it. Our chef was great! She did the shrimp tail tossing and the volcano making, everything I had expected. She seemed so excited to be there working and performing! She was too cute. She even made us a Mickey Mouse out of onions and sang to us.
100_4134.jpg

100_4136.jpg

100_4137.jpg

See the mickey mouse?

The meal was great and the entrainment was great also! It does get very warm in their with all the grills going and it was a little on the noisy side, but this will definitely be a place I come back to again and again! It's one of my favorites!

After this we decided to head on out and back to the resort. We were going to stop at Maelstrom because it's the best ride EVER but there was a long wait and we knew we'd be back to ride it later in the week! Of course we did have to abuse our photopass card a few more times and we got some great shots (IMHO) here are my favorites!

image088.jpg

image094.jpg

Up next...early morning bitterness and are we at MGM or DHS??...I'm so confused!

Love it so far, very cute pics. I hope it's not that cold when we go the first week of December though. I don't want to have to wear a sweater to Disney,lol. Can't wait for more, subscribing:thumbsup2

I'll follow along, DW and I share the McDonalds tradition with you! I'm also planning on going crazy with the pictures on our upcoming trip. I'm hoping we become recognizable to the photopass people ourselves! As for our own pictures, DW and I both have 2 of the 8gb SD cards, so at best quality on our cameras, we can take around 4800 pictures! :rotfl: Keep up the good work on your TR, hope to see a lot more pictures! :goodvibes

Great pictures. Everyone looks like they're having fun.:cool1:
Love the Teppan Edo :cloud9: The hats are funny.

Sorry for the long delay everyone...life and laziness got in the way.

No Comment

We watched the pearl ladies for a while and were highly amused by them. They're so energetic and enthusiastic but sarcastic at the same time

Wonder why you related to them :confused3

We were going to stop at Maelstrom because it's the best ride EVER but there was a long wait

You do know that Maelstrom is a Fast Pass Attraction right :cool1:

Love it so far, very cute pics. I hope it's not that cold when we go the first week of December though. I don't want to have to wear a sweater to Disney,lol. Can't wait for more, subscribing:thumbsup2
Thanks for reading! It seems like the weather in Florida is hit and miss in December and January . I’ve been when it's super hot and this trip was the polar opposite and was freezing.

I'll follow along, DW and I share the McDonalds tradition with you! I'm also planning on going crazy with the pictures on our upcoming trip. I'm hoping we become recognizable to the photopass people ourselves! As for our own pictures, DW and I both have 2 of the 8gb SD cards, so at best quality on our cameras, we can take around 4800 pictures! :rotfl: Keep up the good work on your TR, hope to see a lot more pictures! :goodvibes
Thanks for stopping by! I love taking pictures, they're so fun to look at after you've gotten back from your trip! You only have a week left until you leave, have a great time!

Great pictures. Everyone looks like they're having fun.:cool1:
Love the Teppan Edo :cloud9: The hats are funny.
Thanks! I had never even been to Benihana so Teppan Edo was a great experience!

No Comment

You’re just jealous that I have a trip report to write. :cool2:

You do know that Maelstrom is a Fast Pass Attraction right :cool1:

it was a spur of the moment idea. We were trying to be spontaneous...FP's are not spontaneous.

This was our MGM/DHS day...they had the official change of the name while we were there so today it was MGM and on our next visit it was DHS. How exciting I know! But there were signs everywhere that informed you of the name change..it was kind of a big deal? :confused3

Anyways we got up early again, well early for us around 8 i believe. I needed some Jessica time so I got up early dressed quickly, didn't bother with my hair and went to the All Star Cafe to have some Mickey waffles. My favorite part of vacation.(I've come to realize I have a lot of favorites about vacation.) I told everyone else when they were ready to come find me. Ryan did join me for breakfast a few minutes later (someone had to pay)!
I was very excited for my MM waffle and my mood started to pick up. I was starting to get some energy. I don't drink coffee so no caffeine in the morning means I'm grumpy. :scared:
100_4142.jpg

A little bit later the rest of the party showed up got some food and COFFEE (this will be important later) and we were on our way to the bus stop. We had a little bit of a wait but nothing too bad. The bus showed up and we were on our way to MGM. (my least favorite park)
100_4144.jpg

As you might be able to tell from our shirts Julie and I have opposing political views. It helps to keep conversations moving but causes some bad tempers to come out (luckily not on this trip.) The bad tempers were caused from lack of sleep. I don't think anyone talked to each other in line for the bus or on the bus. It was just silent.

We finally get to MGM and wait in the entrance lines. Once inside, the first stop we have to make is for coffee!!! As many of you compulsive planners know it's very frustrating to make constant-unscheduled pit stops. We had just left the cafe where we got coffee for free with our mugs, we had just drunken said coffee on the bus and now we were stopping for more coffee? Trying to cover my frustrations I grabbed everyone's tickets and ran over to get FP's for TOT. Thank goodness everyone was not too far behind me. We then decided to ride TOT because it had a short wait. After TOT we were able to get RNR FP's so we grabbed those and hopped in line. A little bit longer of a line but totally worth.

We grabbed a quick picture on Sunset Blvd. (the real version is not nearly as nice)
image106.jpg

are motivation was either excitement or scared...not quite sure.
image107.jpg

After RNR it was time for
100_4149.jpg

I love this ride! My favorite part is watching the old movie previews in line! So cool!
100_4150.jpg

We had lunch ADR's for SciFi around noon or so. We were a little early but we decided to just veg inside and wait. They were actually turning people away who didn't have adr's so I got to point out to the non-disers in the group how cool it was that I was on top of things. :banana:

Lunch was just ok. The service was poor, the sandwich I got seemed just like a normal deli sandwich that had been prepared weeks in advance with cheap meat. The burgers looked good and the fries were good. The only thing that saved the meal was the spinach-cheese dip and my milkshake! Next time I'll just stick with appetizers and dessert. The atmosphere in there is so cool with the drive-in style set up. That definitely makes me return to this restaurant.

After lunch we wondered around New York Street and the backlot. I couldn't bring myself to ride the backlot tram so we skipped it. We were able to get in line for the next showing of Lights, Motor, Action! We were about 30 minutes early so it was a lot of standing and sitting and looking at nothing. Finally the show started and it's a guy show. The first time I saw it I thought it was pretty cool and every time after that I'm left with the feeling "really? that was it?" Every time Ryan comes out he's like "that was the coolest show ever, can we go again?" Same with my dad, so it must be a guy thing or at least in our family. Ryan always takes like 100 pictures of the show, I'll only bore you with one...it's actually a good one in my opinion. The last stunt in the show.
100_4168.jpg

Ryan and Matt went on Star Tours while Julie and I admired all the pictures of Hayden Christensen in the gift shop and made fun of all the older kids who thought they were jedi's. When Ryan and Matt came off ST they said it was the best ride they'd ever been on because the sound was off track. The audio was a few seconds behind the movie so when they were banging through the comet there were high speed noises and after they were through the comet and floating in space their pilot started screaming and there was a huge bang. I wish I could have been there.

It was getting crowded at this point and Julie and I were getting grumpier. We headed over to try to catch a late seat for the Indy show but it was almost full and the line was outrageous so we decided to catch the later one. While we were meandering around trying to figure out what to do next Julie and I decided we had had enough fun and went back to the hotel. Ryan and Matt stayed to watch the Indy stunt show and use the FP's we had gotten earlier.

Julie and I gossipped on the way back to the room and discussed up coming weddings plans. By the time we got back to the room it was raining so pool time was out. We decided to watch some lifetime daytime tv and take a much needed nap. :woohoo:

I don't have any pictures of what we did that night so I'll just post a little something about it. After the guys got back we headed out to DTD to try to find something to eat and do a little shopping. We were all starving and found a perfect place to eat. EARL OF SANDWICH! :banana: :banana: This is by far the best CS restaurant on property IMO! It's not nearly as expensive as Disney's food and the sandwiches are delicious. Not to mention those huge cupcakes you can get. So yummy. The line when we came in was extremely long, but we were through it and seated within ten minutes, it was very efficient. We came back here multiple times on the trip. I highly recommend this place.

After that we walked through WOD, Once Upon A Toy, the pin shop and the ESPN shop. We bought as much baseball stuff as we could afford and decided to move on to the Lego store. We each made a little Lego person well except Ryan...because they come three to a pack. I made a snowboarding chick, I think Julie made a harry potter person and Matt made something with a mullet, that's all i remember. After that we took a quick walk through PI and the Westside. We headed home after that and called it an early night because we were getting up extra early tomorrow. It was Matt's last Disney day and we needed to hit the safari at AK and MK all in one day with a stop at O'hanas.

Up next...do we make it to the safari? who misses out on a dream because they decided to stay in bed?!?!

No way another update :faint:

]
We finally get to MGM and wait in the entrance lines. Once inside, the first stop we have to make is for coffee!!! As many of you compulsive planners know it's very frustrating to make constant-unscheduled pit stops. We had just left the cafe where we got coffee for free with our mugs, we had just drunken said coffee on the bus and now we were stopping for more coffee?

You need to be more like your father...just takes things as they come along..you will find that you enjoy things much more

I love Mitsuykashi (or something like that :rotfl2: ). I like the food, I like the atmosphere, I like chatting with other people.

Unfortunately for me, the rest of the family disagrees. :mad:

100_4113.jpg

Take the people out of this shot and it's post card quality! I just love Epcot. :thumbsup2

100_4144.jpg

Great shirts! Where did you find those? popcorn::

100_4149.jpg

I don't think we've ever done this attraction. As bad as MGM is, we're going to have to give it a shot!

O'hana's is great. Were you headed there for dinner? popcorn::

No way another update :faint:
i had a lot of down time at work last night.
Subbing! Great TR so far!
Thank you!
100_4113.jpg

Take the people out of this shot and it's post card quality! I just love Epcot. :thumbsup2

i love epcot. it's hands down the best theme park ever!

100_4144.jpg

Great shirts! Where did you find those? popcorn::
Julie found them at urban outfitters, I think. :confused3

O'hana's is great. Were you headed there for dinner? popcorn::

yup we're going for dinner. there were piles of the remainders of peel and eat shrimp left over.:crazy2: i think each guy at the table went through two servings by themselves. it was a sight. you would have been proud.

LOVE your TR..just found it! I think it's so cool you guys went before marriage and kids...wish DH and I would have done that....but just wait a few years when you go with your kids.....even MORE fun...pure Disney Magic! Can't wait for more!:thumbsup2

This installment made me laugh.:laughing: Loved the description of the Lego man as "something with a mullet" :rotfl2:
I hope the grumpiness was short lived. Can't wait for the next installment. :)

O'hanas is great for dinner.

We don't have an urban outfitters but I'll check it online. Thanks for the heads up though. :thumbsup2

Just found your trippie and loving it, please continue! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!