YOLO Part Cruise: Land, Sea and Halloween! Updatedx2 4/27 TRIP VIDEO

First off I have some exciting news Brittany got her acceptance into the DCP for Fall Attractions! Andy was also accepted for Fall Advantage Merchandise. So this means the YOLO Gang is together in WDW for Summer and Fall!!!!!!! Let the Shenanigans begin while we romp around the world!!!!!party:

Photo Shoot Around The Kingdom
Prior to this trip and knowing what everyone was being for the Halloween party I knew I wanted to get photos of Brittany and the Tangled bathrooms and Kiss at Gastons Tavern. So that is exactly what we did.

And finally feeling
Now's when my life begins!

I’ve got a dream, I just want to see those floating lanterns gleam

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new

Once we were done with the tangled bathroom we rounded up the troop and made our way to fantasyland

For some reason we stopped right outside of it’s a small world. At that moment the ghost host came over the loud speaker to tell us that the party would be starting soon. Andy was just excited for CANDY!

After the announcement we made our way over to new fanastyland.
No one takes a selfie like Gaston

Before we entered NFL us YOLO girls had to take a photo op in the archway. I have a feeling this might be our new thing.

Somewhere we lost our family but we made our way to Gaston Tavern. Some people were standing in front of the tavern so we had to wait.

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!

There's no man in town as admired as you
You're ev'ryone's favorite guy

Ev'ryone's awed and inspired by you
And it's not very hard to see why

As we were inside the Tavern we saw the most crazy Ariel costume. Someone is VERY good at sewing or someone purchased a real legit Ariel ball gowned costume. While we left to find out family we decided to take the time to play a special round of be that statue

Next we walked back to fantasyland to meet up with the rest of the family who was waiting near the carousel. We still had about 20 minutes to wait before the fun festivities happened.

Game plan time!
We decided since we were right in front of the carousel that we should just go on the carousel.
No one could decide which horse to choose, so while we found just enough horses I was the odd ball out who was in a row with a different family.

sandwiched right in the middle

For some reason Gma was not up for the carousel and sat on the sideline.

Continue to Next Post

Brittnay’s braid is so intricate!! And gorgeous! Great job on that! I can only French braid well enough to throw my hair under a wig! Bahaha. Love LOVE LOVE all the costumes, and the choices for costumes, they are seriously AMAZING, major props to your family for being able to put them together, they’re super awesome quality and look perfect!! I’m super excited to read these updates (AND SEE MORE COSUTMES IN PERSON IN MAY!)

Love the photoshoot, and also love that Kiss was later Gaston again, that’s so awesome!!!

I have to agree on the “Getting stares” is kinda weird, especially since I’m keen on getting there right at 4pm to utilize time lol. I went solo to MNSSHP this past year and it was kinda awkward at the bus stop bahaha!

AH!! I didn’t know everyone was doing DCP!! Huge congrats going out to all of you! That’s super exciting that ya’ll will be down all together and working there, that’s so great!! YAY!

Love all the themed pictures!! I think that’s my favorite part about dressing up/disneybounding in the parks is getting those awesome photo ops!!

YAYAYAYAY YOU ALL GOT IN. I am so happy for you guys. It's going to be beyond perfect for the 4 of you to all be in Disney together! I don't know how long they have actually been dating but I know your reports go back a few years and I think it's awesome Alicia and Andy have managed to stay together all this time long distance!

And honestly, don't give up on Drizella because I was told forever that I was too short to be friends with every princess (this was before Rapunzel who is 5'3" and so am I) and now there are definitely shorter girls being cast. Anna & Elsa start at 5'3" as well, which I thought was weird cause when I met them they were so much taller than me! So you really never know.

All your pictures are perfect. Be That Statue is definitely a game I have to remember to play one of these days. :laughing:

How exciting that you all go it in!!! I assume you and Brittany will room together? You all will have so much fun!!

First off I have some exciting news Brittany got her acceptance into the DCP for Fall Attractions! Andy was also accepted for Fall Advantage Merchandise. So this means the YOLO Gang is together in WDW for Summer and Fall!!!!!!! Let the Shenanigans begin while we romp around the world!!!!!party:

Oh my gosh that is so exciting!!! It seems that everyone is doing a Disney program of some sort starting this summer! I'm so excited for all the fun to begin!
Brittany's Rapunzel braid turned out perfect and all of your costumes were amazing! I wish I had someone in my family who knew how to sew like that.

I love reading what others think about Sanaa. Glad you enjoyed the food even though the service was lacking. I always wonder if my husband and I are just crazy for loving the restaurant so much, especially that bread service.

WAHOOOOO for DCP! We've had so many great interactions with custodial, and the majority of them always seem to be happy as they wander the parks and help out the guests. I can't wait to hear what you think of it and all the fun things you get to do with that role. It must be so exciting to think that the YOLO crew will be together for so many months!

Love the photoshoot in those specific spots around MK!

Brittnay’s braid is so intricate!! And gorgeous! Great job on that! I can only French braid well enough to throw my hair under a wig! Bahaha. Love LOVE LOVE all the costumes, and the choices for costumes, they are seriously AMAZING, major props to your family for being able to put them together, they’re super awesome quality and look perfect!! I’m super excited to read these updates (AND SEE MORE COSUTMES IN PERSON IN MAY!)

Love the photoshoot, and also love that Kiss was later Gaston again, that’s so awesome!!!

I have to agree on the “Getting stares” is kinda weird, especially since I’m keen on getting there right at 4pm to utilize time lol. I went solo to MNSSHP this past year and it was kinda awkward at the bus stop bahaha!

AH!! I didn’t know everyone was doing DCP!! Huge congrats going out to all of you! That’s super exciting that ya’ll will be down all together and working there, that’s so great!! YAY!

Love all the themed pictures!! I think that’s my favorite part about dressing up/disneybounding in the parks is getting those awesome photo ops!!

Thank you! She actually found a tutorial for an american girl dolls rapunzel hairstyle that I used to do her hair.
It's beginning to look like we aren't going to be dressing up in May. We can't come up with anything. We have an idea but we are still talking about it.
At first it is weird but then you just embrace it.
Yeah! Us girls were actually thinking about doing Fall 2012 together but unfortunately mine & Brittany's college wouldn't allow it. So Alicia went without us and now we are able to join her.​

Great pics! :)

Thank You!​

YAYAYAYAY YOU ALL GOT IN. I am so happy for you guys. It's going to be beyond perfect for the 4 of you to all be in Disney together! I don't know how long they have actually been dating but I know your reports go back a few years and I think it's awesome Alicia and Andy have managed to stay together all this time long distance!

And honestly, don't give up on Drizella because I was told forever that I was too short to be friends with every princess (this was before Rapunzel who is 5'3" and so am I) and now there are definitely shorter girls being cast. Anna & Elsa start at 5'3" as well, which I thought was weird cause when I met them they were so much taller than me! So you really never know.

All your pictures are perfect. Be That Statue is definitely a game I have to remember to play one of these days. :laughing:

I CANNOT WAIT! ITS GOING TO BE GREAT!
They are crazy children I believe they are going on 6 years this April.
Oh I will forever want to be friends with Drizella but being 5'1" it may be difficult.
Be that Statue has become one of our favorite things to do and the best part is there is always something to copy.​

How exciting that you all go it in!!! I assume you and Brittany will room together? You all will have so much fun!!

It is going to be such a wonderful experience! Yes we will be rooming together I honestly don't think I could move down without her. I wont feel so alone!​

Oh my gosh that is so exciting!!! It seems that everyone is doing a Disney program of some sort starting this summer! I'm so excited for all the fun to begin!
Brittany's Rapunzel braid turned out perfect and all of your costumes were amazing! I wish I had someone in my family who knew how to sew like that.

Literally EVERYONE! So many people from the dis, twitter and instagram are getting accepted. Thank you so much!​

I love reading what others think about Sanaa. Glad you enjoyed the food even though the service was lacking. I always wonder if my husband and I are just crazy for loving the restaurant so much, especially that bread service.

WAHOOOOO for DCP! We've had so many great interactions with custodial, and the majority of them always seem to be happy as they wander the parks and help out the guests. I can't wait to hear what you think of it and all the fun things you get to do with that role. It must be so exciting to think that the YOLO crew will be together for so many months!

Love the photoshoot in those specific spots around MK!

Sanaa is WONDERFUL! I cannot wait to go back soon. Although the service was bad I will definitely go back for that bread service and butter chicken.
I can't wait! It will be a great adventure. I can't wait to see what type of shenanigans we will be getting into over the couple of months.​

CANDY CANDY CANDY!!!!

Once we got off the carousel we decided to pass the time by taking some photos.
The new Fairytale hall was a nice classy back drop

Watch out Cinderella, Drizella is taking over your castle!

And once again we still had some time to wait. So we decided to go watch Mickey’s Philharmagic…because we could.
There was no line and no wait. However we did catch Gma “riding dirty!”

We all sat in the very back row so Gma could join us with her scooter.

Once we got out of Philharmagic the party was in full swing!
BRING ON THE CANDY, BOO TO YOU, HALLOWISHES AND THE VILLIANS MIX AND MINGLE!!!!! (But literally this party is everything!)

Our first order of business was to get some candy. You can find any candy location around the MK when you see a big goofy candy company light. The park map also shows you each location.
Since we were in Fantasyland we decided to stop by Pinocchio’s Village haus.
Andy was READY for his candy and left the group behind.

In the restaurant it brakes off into 2 lines with 2 CMs standing with a BIG bucket of candy.

After our first stop we headed to frontierland were we made a stop at Peter Pan’s flight to get more candy. One our way there someone stopped Kiss and asked him to sing the Gaston song…unfortunately at the time he didn’t know it, but now he does.

The CM who handed out candy here told me she LOVED my costume. Hearing that made me so happy.

With candy in our bags we headed passed the tangled bathrooms where part of our group stopped for a pit stop. I decided to take Gma towards frontierland to find a spot for the parade. We ended up getting their quite early…the ropes weren’t even out yet. Oh well we made ourselves nice and comfortable in frontierland right across from the country bears and in front of the walk way bridge area.

While everyone came to find us they passed a pretty awesome group costume. I love creative people!

The CMs came around and set up the ropes…front and center!
Then it was the waiting game till the parade started

Oh a pirates life is a wonderful life

First off the ground was toasty! I was getting hot just sitting there and my legs were hot against the pavement.

Andy didn’t want to sit and wait…he wanted CANDY! So him and Kiss went off to the riverboat then over to splash. They came back with a good amount of candy. Then we switched off places.

The boys kept our seats warm

Alicia, Brittany and myself headed over to Splash Mountain and hopped in the candy line. The best part of this line is that there is more than one candy spot…it’s a trail of 2-3 CMs handing out candy. One CM told his CM friends to watch out so that I wouldn’t steal candy. Another CM told me I was his favorite! Pretty much I could get use to this…casual!

Once we went through the candy trail we headed back to find more people trying to find spots for the parade. The people who were trying to squeeze in behind us were not happy with us because we were older then there kids and they wouldn’t be able to see. I overheard a couple complaining that their children should be in the front. I’m sorry if you want that maybe you should hold your spot 40-45 minutes before the parade like we did. I’m not trying to sound mean but it’s true, we waited a long time.

Before the parade started a CM came over to close the entrance to the bridge, the family who was complaining was ready to pounce on the CM so they could get the front spot. They did…

There was a dad and daughter dressed up as haunted mansion ghosts. The dad was looking for the mother and I had the daughter stand by me so she could see. The dad thanked me a couple of times for letting his daughter squeeze in.

On with Boo To You!

Continue to Next Post

Congratulations to all the YOLO DCP'ers. BOY! The fun you all will have!!!

So excited for the 4 of you to be doing the program together!! I'm sure lots of shenanigans will ensue...

I am seriously so impressed with all of your costumes. They all came out so great! The group photos are all really cute, especially the one in front of HM.

As a mother of a toddler, it's no one else's responsibility that my child has an unobstructed view of a parade but MINE and my DH's! I get really tired of people using their kids as an excuse for why they should be bumped up in line or be in front at a parade or whatever. So good for you for not giving up your spots that you had held! Can't wait for your Boo to You pics!! I am missing MNSSHP so bad right now, and so bummed that I won't be back in Disney this fall to go back to one!!

Congratulations to Brittany and Andy!!

You guys must be so excited to go. Looks Like Andy's start date is coming soon. I'm really happy for all of you.

Just the excuse JQ and I need to head down there for the holidays. All these great new CM's!!

p.s. amazing costumes! I love the pics!
So they're doing another "24"? You will have a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it.

It's so good to see everyone so happy.

congratulations to andy and brittany. with brittany's planking and andy's dancing it should make for some wild and crazy times.

Congratulations to all the YOLO DCP'ers. BOY! The fun you all will have!!!

Thank you so much! We are super excited!​
[/FONT

Congrats to everyone! That's going to be so amazing with all 4 of you working!

Thank you! It is going to be an exciting couple of months!​

So excited for the 4 of you to be doing the program together!! I'm sure lots of shenanigans will ensue...

I am seriously so impressed with all of your costumes. They all came out so great! The group photos are all really cute, especially the one in front of HM.

As a mother of a toddler, it's no one else's responsibility that my child has an unobstructed view of a parade but MINE and my DH's! I get really tired of people using their kids as an excuse for why they should be bumped up in line or be in front at a parade or whatever. So good for you for not giving up your spots that you had held! Can't wait for your Boo to You pics!! I am missing MNSSHP so bad right now, and so bummed that I won't be back in Disney this fall to go back to one!!

So many shenanigans!!!!
Thank you! I'm glad we were all able to get our costumes together because at times I thought it wasn't going to happen.
I mean if they did end up standing behind us I would have stayed sitting so they could see. But it just got me a little mad that they were just so rude about it.​

Congratulations to Brittany and Andy!!

You guys must be so excited to go. Looks Like Andy's start date is coming soon. I'm really happy for all of you.

Just the excuse JQ and I need to head down there for the holidays. All these great new CM's!!

p.s. amazing costumes! I love the pics!
So they're doing another "24"? You will have a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it.

It's so good to see everyone so happy.

Thank You!!!! We are so excited to be down there for 5 months. Yeah he only has 2 more months! I would not be ready for that.
Yesss!!! We would love to meet up with you!
They just announced the 24 hours for May during memorial day weekend. Luckily for us it fell in our time when we are there.​

congratulations to andy and brittany. with brittany's planking and andy's dancing it should make for some wild and crazy times.

So much planking and dancing in our future!!!​

Boo To You And You And You And You

The music started and they introduced the headless horseman. I thought all the CMs standing around the parade route were going to die from a heart attack. A dumb father and children decided to go under the ropes and walk the parade route. It wouldn’t be bad if the headless horseman wasn’t trailing behind them. Luckily they got out of the way….

Once the headless horseman passes you start to hear the Boo to You song in a distance and you see the sign…that when you know it’s about to get real

Boo To you
A Trick Or Treat
For you, That's Boo
It's You Know Who
A Boo to you and you and you and you
Happy Halloween

After pooh and friends came Peter Pan, wendy and the lost boys who always look like they are having the best time!

Oh a pirate's life is a wonderful life
You find adventure and sport
But live every minute for all that's in it
The life of a pirate is short

Beggars blighters ne'er-do-well cads
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho
Happy Halloween

Next part of the parade is the haunted mansion part AKA the only time I will love haunted mansion.

Who doesn’t enjoy when a grave digger stares into your soul?

Then theres the hitch hiking ghosts

The frontierland hoedown follows the haunted mansion section. This year they added Clarabell cow

And since Clarabell cow took over the float the Country bears trailed behind

Then my favorite part happens…the VILLIANS! The song is just so catchy.

No we're not being mean
It's just part of our routine
We'll scare you and we'll spook you just for fun
As Halloween arises
Beware of our surprises

So prepare to be scared
It's just part of the drill
Yes it's true
Yelling boo
Is the thing that we do
And to you
We confess
It's the one we do best

While Cruella was walking by she said hello to Drizella.

Candy
Trick or Treat Candy
Scrumdillyicious
Tasty treats
Just so good that I want another
Mine's all gone so I'll eat my brother's

Overall the parade was wonderful! And it will probably always be one of my favorite parades. Another perk is getting 4 suckers from the CMs at the very end. I’m a pro at getting them! Haters gonna hate.

Continue to Next Post

Come And Join The Party That Comes Just Once A Year

Once Boo To You was over we moved as a pack across the “street” to Pecos. It was a little packed in there but not horrible. Those who decided to order food got their food while those of us who didn’t went in search of some tables.

When they brought back their food Gma and myself headed out to adventureland to get us a Dole Whip! We told the group that we would meet up for Hallowishes.

As we were on our way to Adventureland a pirates CM talked to me all the way from Pecos to Pirates. She asked me how Drizella was doing and if I was still looking for a suitor, then proceeded to tell me that she was in the same boat. Then we discussed Anastasia’s life with the baker. Followed by asking me where Cinderella was, which then a little girl dressed as Cinderella walked passed. Of course I told her that I would be taking over the castle soon.

That CM was so sweet and Gma couldn’t stop talking about how fun that was that she took time to talk to me in character. Just another reason why I LOVE MNSSHP!

I got myself a dole whip, which melted way to quickly for my liking.

Me and Gma headed towards main street to find a place to stand for the fireworks. Last year we stood in the middle of the hub, which turned out to be a good spot. So I headed towards that way. Then we called the rest of our group to tell them where we were.

After a couple minutes waiting it was time for Celebrate the Magic. I wasn’t sure if they were going to show this during the party but I was glad they did because that was one of the main things I wanted Gma to experience during this trip.

It started and I thought Gma was going to loose it, she thought it was the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately the father in front of us decided to raise his child up on his shoulders and blocked Gma. So Gma got up from her scooter walked in front of him and leaned on the railing. We moved her scooter though and made her sit back down.

Then it was the moment I have been waiting forever since last year…HALLOWISHES. I love everything about these fireworks especially the soundtrack.

Welcome my friends, to the most spirited season of them all
I am your host, your ghost-host
The nine-hundred-ninety-nine happy haunts and I are ready to materialize
For a spooktacular celebration
You never know who will drop in
After all, this is Halloween!

The happy haunts want to thank you for hanging around
While we scared up a little Halloween fun
We do hope you'll drop in again
For another spooktacular celebration
Happy Hallowishes everyone!

After Hallowishes everyone split up. The YOLO clang as well as Kiss and Gma stayed put to wait for the Villains mix and mingle. Ma, Pa, Danielle and Adam went off to do other things.

(This picture though…:rotfl: )

We moved up closer to the castle for the Villains Mix and Mingle. I was pretty excited about this because last year it was canceled because of the rain. So it was my first ever experience. It was wonderful! I loved it!
The music they use is perfect. The soundtracks for MNSSHP is so unique and that's one of my top reasons why I love the party so much.

We weren’t planning on doing to mingle part of the show but we did because why not? Plus Alish wanted a picture with Frollo and since he is real creepy he doesn’t have a long line.

Frollo was so funny when he saw Alicia. I couldn’t even handle it.

We decided to then jump in line for Dr Facilier.
When we got in line a girl came up to us and asked if she could take a picture of our costumes, then gave us her card to her website.
Then we noticed that our BFFs from ToT were standing behind us…awkward!

The CMs were saying how the characters only had 3 more minutes before they had to leave. Luckily we made it just in time!

After the show Gma decided that she wanted to head back to FW. She saw everything that was special of this event. So we walked her out to the front. We didn’t really want her going back by herself but she insisted that she wanted to go.

She went on her way and we decided to jump in the very short line for Jack and Sally. We definitely got luckily since they are so popular! While we were waiting for them to come out a CM from town hall snuck out the side door and asked me where I got my costume from. When I told her my grandma made it she seemed a little disappointed and then told me how she wanted to buy one…sorry.

Jack and Sally came out and we were through the line in probably 20 minutes. Go wait in line before the second parade. While everyone is getting a spot for the parade, you’ll be standing in a short line for jack and sally!

When it was our turn Alicia insisted on standing by Sally and Brittany didn’t want to stand by Jack. So we discussed Halloween and trick or treating. Then Jack made a comment about Andy’s bright colorful costume

Continue to Next Post

Apparently I missed an update?! lol I think I read it but forgot to comment haha!

Great updates! I'm definitely listening to the MNSSHP soundtrack right now and it is just amazing!!

Yay for candy! and the paradeeeee!! Boo to you is seriously my love, everything about it is perfect, even that chicken in the frontierland section, bahah!

Great shot of all of you!!

BOO URNS to the man during ctm, glad that it was resovled lol!

UGH HALLOWISHES

Seriously the GREATEST thing ever, like, those fireworks are beyond amazing!

As is the villians show!

YAY!

Awesome pictures! Your camera is pretty good at night shots, which one do you use?

Boo To You is my favorite parade ever! Like even though Festival of Fantasy & Soundsational look amazing (haven't seen either of them yet), I don't think anything will ever top Boo To You for me just cause I love Halloween so much. I agree the villains song is perfect and really the whole entire parade soundtrack is so much fun. I listen to it waaaay too often.

I love the CM that spoke to you in character! It really is so much fun. When I went as Mickey Mouse in 2012, characters and CMs frequently called me boss, in fact one even nervously approached me to see how he was doing on the job :laughing: It was so cute.

Yay for such a short Jack & Sally line! They were SO great when I saw them. I went as a Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancer and I had plastic spiders attached to my dress and Jack yelled "Sally! She brought me snacks!" and started pretending to eat them off my dress :rotfl:

Congratulations to you all.

Disney has no clue what they're in for! I'm sure you guys will be awesome CM's and just light up the place, although planking is frowned upon by the "program".

Maybe a little Plank in the Park during the 24hrs would be nice.

Kudos to Ma and GMa for the costumes...great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter