Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

I don't think I've ever seen a Tarzan character at WDW!

It's great to see a pic of him.

It was so nice of you to search with your DH for the beard braid! I don't know that I would have been so nice!

Amazin update, TK! What a bummer about DH's goatee piece :(. I love your stories about the interactions between DS and the characters, but, whew, that meeting with Tarzan! Phenomenal! Yet another testament to why I love Disney World so, so, so much! The picture isn't bad, either. :lmao:

I don't think I've ever seen a Tarzan character at WDW!

It's great to see a pic of him.

I have only seen him in Adventureland during MNSSHP, so it's a nice treat. I know they tend to bring out some of the more obscure characters for special events.

It was so nice of you to search with your DH for the beard braid! I don't know that I would have been so nice!

And in those heels! Oy, my feet by the end of the night. :lmao:

Amazin update, TK! What a bummer about DH's goatee piece :(. I love your stories about the interactions between DS and the characters, but, whew, that meeting with Tarzan! Phenomenal! Yet another testament to why I love Disney World so, so, so much! The picture isn't bad, either. :lmao:

Thank you! And yes, Tarzan was...

easy on the eyes. ;)

So after all our fun in Adventureland, we wandered on through Frontierland in search of more areas to trick or treat. Although we didn't have definitive plans. We were going with the flow, even though I subconciously realized the flow lead me to all the event specific things. More on that as we continue, savvy?

So there we are, strolling pleasantly along, when who do we happen by?

Jesse.

Doing meet and greets right out there on the street for all to see, in the beautiful weather that was so far, so good.

And as soon as DS saw her, he pointed from his stroller and said something to the effect of, "Jesse! I meet Jesse!" I swear, you could have picked my jaw up off the floor. Now the boy was volunteering to meet characters? And as a matter of fact, was picking to meet Jesse? Which is so funny, considering that I don't remember the last time we watched Toy Story 2, but apparently something just stuck, and he wanted to meet her. I asked him again to make sure, and he said yes.

Well, we weren't saying no! Her line was fairly short, and I was just tickled that he asked. We waited a bit, and since I had been in all the last photos, I told DH, aka Jack Sparrow, to head up with him. My two boys with a rootin' tootin' cowgirl. Which is funny, considering that they were pirates. I love those pictures. As we were meeting Jesse, apparently it was time for changing of the guard. Again. As in, we were just having all sorts of character luck this evening, so as Jesse was getting ready to leave, out came Woody! I asked the CM if we could have a picture with him, too, and since they're weren't a lot of people, she said yes. This night was shaping up so well.

We headed towards Liberty Square and I noticed people starting to line up for the parade. Now, I don't know if you're aware, but pirates really don't pay attention to the time. At least on this night, we weren't. There wasn't an ADR in sight, nothing that HAD to be done (despite my subconscious wanderings), and we were totally going with the flow.

I looked at DH and suggested we find a good spot and park it. There wasn't much time before the parade started, and Liberty Square looked like a good spot to watch it.

Now let's just stop right there. Talk about going against the grain. We always watch the Boo to You Parade from Main Street. Always. And DH told me that. Very adamantly. For him, anyway. And I said, but this year is different. I don't want to walk to Main Street, let's be rebels (pirates) and watch it here.

Well, I convinced him. Perhaps it was the batting of the eyelashes and all. Or the dress. Who can say? At any rate, we'd done some trick or treating, so DH settled down with DS at our spot, which was actually right by the popcorn cart. How opportune. Candy and popcorn. What's better than that to my three year old? Now since DS had no concept of this parade really, he said he didn't want to watch. I said, no no, honey, you'll like it. I think this is one of the few times I overrode the toddler angst and made him stay somewhere. But he wasn't fussy or anything. Because we got him popcorn, and let him have pretty much whatever candy he wanted. Yup. Because I knew a couple of things. One, it was a special occasion, and two, DS would be fading fast. A little sugar rush wouldn't be uncalled for so he could enjoy the festivities.

On a side note, as I was waiting in line for popcorn, I chatted up someone next to me who had bought DVC resale at the Wilderness Lodge. I was tempted. And also thought of LL.

Now, the anticipation began. DH and I at the very front of our area, plenty of room, although there were people around us, I didn't feel claustrophobic, and it seemed like we had a good crowd near us. I love that karma, those good vibes you can just feel emanating from everyone around you.

And the anticipation. That tingling feeling, my favorite time of year in the World, the prospect of the Headless Horseman. And let me tell you something, folks. I've seen him before, but I'd never SEEN him until I saw him in Liberty Square. He totally belongs, there, you know what I mean? And I don't remember exactly what they say right before he rides, but wow.

Just wow. I'm having a hard time putting it in to words, that amazing feeling of the beautiful horse riding through, the rider without a head, just pounding their way through Liberty Square on their way to Main Street.

Wow. Thunder, thunder.

Wow. Hoofprints on the street.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It never fails to thrill me. Every. Single. Time.

DisneySept08-0762.jpg

Picture does not even begin to convey what that feeling is like, the charge in the air, the excitment of the people around you.

When he rode through, the crowd cheered! I told you, we were good people.

And what a spot to watch the parade from! I mean, we were right in front. There was us, there was the rope, there was the parade. I don't remember the last time I was that close to a parade; it was awesome! And I love that music. It so puts me in the spirit.

Although I had my sights set for a particular float, and it did not disappoint.

In. Any. Way.

Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow. One on a float above us, one right next to me. Does it get any better? I mean, does it???

When the good captain spotted my DH, he stared and stared. Then he held up two fingers as if to say, there's two of us. He then pointed to his eyes, and then to DH's eyes, like, I'm on to you, savvy? And then he smiled.

And he bowed.

To my husband.

Who immediately reciprocated with his own Jack Sparrow bow. It was a moment that I'll never forget, and even though there were no meet and greets with Jack that night, that was good enough for me.

My Captain Jack and the Captain Jack bowing to each other out of mutual respect.

The funny thing is, this has happened before. About two years ago, when we went to MNSSHP and it wasn't raining. We didn't have the crazy accurate costumes like we do now, but DH still dressed as Jack Sparrow, and I was a pirate. And during the parade, Captain Jack did that whole thing. Same. Exact. Thing.

Now I know I talk a lot about my husband looking like Jack Sparrow. But what's really amazing to me, is when someone like that thinks so too. Then I know I'm not just some pirate-crazed girl. Well, I am, but you get the idea. ;)

Up next - Who hits the proverbial wall first?

If I ever get to go to MNSSHP again, I am so watching the parade from Liberty Square to see the Headless Horseman there. That seems so fitting!

Yay for DS asking to meet a character!

How cool is it that DH and Capt Jack had an interaction!?! pirate: I am so very happy for the TK clan.

If I ever get to go to MNSSHP again, I am so watching the parade from Liberty Square to see the Headless Horseman there. That seems so fitting!

I don't know why it never occurred to me before! :lmao:

Yay for DS asking to meet a character!
:goodvibes

How cool is it that DH and Capt Jack had an interaction!?! pirate: I am so very happy for the TK clan.

It.
Was.
Awesome.

:thumbsup2

How much fun, How much fun!!!!!! :)

Jack Sparrow...bowing to the Jack Sparrow... how cool is that!?!

So...who hits the wall??

More, more, more!

I'm loving this update! Your descriptions make me feel like I'm right there! So glad DS enjoyed the characters so much. I love your costumes - I want to see the whole picture! :thumbsup2

OH TK this is such a FABULOUS night!!! The whole parade thing with the Headless Horseman and Jack Sparrow was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!!

Was that Tarzan rather puny? Or does it just look like it because he's kneeling? In my brain, Tarzan is BIG! :laughing:

The headless horseman seems like it'd be an awesome sight!

I love it when the parade characters interact with you... it's so extra and unnecessary that it makes awesome! Once the Evil Queen during a parade stared, pointed and laughed all evil at my DD when she was 2 and dressed up as Snow White. She talks about it to this day - in fact I believe it's the only thing she remembers from the whole darn trip!

So happy MNSSHP worked out so well... I know you had angst about it!:love:

I have to agree, Liberty Square is a great place to see the Boo to You parade. That's where I watched last year and it was fantastic.

That is so great about the Captain Jack interaction. I love the interaction you get when in costume at the party. It was one of my favorite parts of MNSSHP.

All caught up!

I hope you get your goatee problem solved for next year. I totally understand why you went looking for it. When you spend the time to make something it's harder to let it go.

We normally head straight for Buzz (sorry ZZUB) but we were really going for the opposite of everything we'd done before.

You know how ZZUB feels about "the opposite". I think he'd approve. :goodvibes

DH discovered a wardrobe malfucntion. NoJanetJackson.

So THAT'S why the FCC was all over the MK! LOL

My DH is not a hissy fit kind of guy

I can provide a tutorial, if he'd like. I'm a Hissy Fit Pro. I really should do an infomercial.

I had my soothing wife skills out in droves.

XX: 1
XY: 0

And Tarzan was AMAZING!

Ah-may-ZING!

And you may think that I'm referring to some musculature or something, but it wasn't that at all.

Or, at least, it wasn't only that. ;)

"Tarzan does not know what means cursed."

"Tarzan, cursed means realizing DSW is have a 'Buy One, Get One Free' sell on COACH shoes and having nary a credit card in sight."

Way to a woman's heart through intellectual conversation folks? Oh no. Not at all.

Way to Tink's heart?
Shoes.

Now.

Proceed.

Now the boy was volunteering to meet characters? And as a matter of fact, was picking to meet Jesse? Which is so funny, considering that I don't remember the last time we watched Toy Story 2, but apparently something just stuck, and he wanted to meet her. I asked him again to make sure, and he said yes.

Um, I can't believe you aren't making the connection here.
Let me enlighten you.
Jesse is a REDHEAD.

And the anticipation. That tingling feeling, my favorite time of year in the World, the prospect of the Headless Horseman. And let me tell you something, folks. I've seen him before, but I'd never SEEN him until I saw him in Liberty Square. He totally belongs, there, you know what I mean? And I don't remember exactly what they say right before he rides, but wow.

Just wow. I'm having a hard time putting it in to words, that amazing feeling of the beautiful horse riding through, the rider without a head, just pounding their way through Liberty Square on their way to Main Street.

Wow. Thunder, thunder.

Wow. Hoofprints on the street.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It never fails to thrill me. Every. Single. Time.

Without revealing too much about our own viewing of the parade and the Horseman, I will say this, we weren't in the same spot as you, but we were in an amazing spot and I swear, seeing him ride up, stop, rear the horse and then take off down the rest of the route was...I dunno...I lost my heart somewhere in my body for a second there.

Thank you for posting this.
woohoo-022.gif

Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow. One on a float above us, one right next to me. Does it get any better? I mean, does it???

Yes.
But I won't get into how.

Oh.

And did you see me?

I was the woman hanging onto the back of the float screaming, "HEY TK! HEY! IT'S TINK! I'VE ALMOST GOT HIM!" while trying to fend off Disney Security with a treat bag and my left shoe.

When the good captain spotted my DH, he stared and stared. Then he held up two fingers as if to say, there's two of us. He then pointed to his eyes, and then to DH's eyes, like, I'm on to you, savvy?

watching.gif

I'm back now. And catching up. Partly.

:flower3:

I'm loving this update! Your descriptions make me feel like I'm right there! So glad DS enjoyed the characters so much. I love your costumes - I want to see the whole picture! :thumbsup2

I was really hoping you would be able to feel all that through my chapter. The way I felt that night, you know? Funny how I can right a chapter about it but right now I'm completely inarticulate. :lmao: Must have something to do with not sleeping well last night.

OH TK this is such a FABULOUS night!!! The whole parade thing with the Headless Horseman and Jack Sparrow was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!!

I know you think it's fabulous, guess what? It's not even over yet!!! ;)

Was that Tarzan rather puny? Or does it just look like it because he's kneeling? In my brain, Tarzan is BIG! :laughing:

ahem...it looked as though Tarzan had lost some weight compared to last year...ahem

Perhaps his travels in the jungle have made him a little more svelte, savvy? ;)

The headless horseman seems like it'd be an awesome sight!

It is, every time I see it.

I love it when the parade characters interact with you... it's so extra and unnecessary that it makes awesome! Once the Evil Queen during a parade stared, pointed and laughed all evil at my DD when she was 2 and dressed up as Snow White. She talks about it to this day - in fact I believe it's the only thing she remembers from the whole darn trip!

So happy MNSSHP worked out so well... I know you had angst about it!:love:

I did have some angst! :lmao: I think because partially, when you've been to sooooo many that have been rained out, you just want one to go right. This must have been all that good karma cancelling out all that bad karma in one fell swoop.

I have to agree, Liberty Square is a great place to see the Boo to You parade. That's where I watched last year and it was fantastic.

That is so great about the Captain Jack interaction. I love the interaction you get when in costume at the party. It was one of my favorite parts of MNSSHP.

It's so much fun. I really love that I can be part of it, too, that it's for children of ALL ages.

All caught up!

I hope you get your goatee problem solved for next year. I totally understand why you went looking for it. When you spend the time to make something it's harder to let it go.

I can't even convey how hard we work on these things. And take pride in them, you know? Ah well. We'll just had to be creative!

So THAT'S why the FCC was all over the MK! LOL

:lmao:

"Tarzan, cursed means realizing DSW is have a 'Buy One, Get One Free' sell on COACH shoes and having nary a credit card in sight."

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Way to Tink's heart?
Shoes.

Who's surprised?

Um, I can't believe you aren't making the connection here.
Let me enlighten you.
Jesse is a REDHEAD.

How could that have possibly escaped me! :lmao:

Although, as you know, my boy seems to have a thing for blondes. Although I guess or waitress at Citrico's was a brunnette. Hmm...perhaps he's just a big ole flirt like his father. :lmao:

Without revealing too much about our own viewing of the parade and the Horseman, I will say this, we weren't in the same spot as you, but we were in an amazing spot and I swear, seeing him ride up, stop, rear the horse and then take off down the rest of the route was...I dunno...I lost my heart somewhere in my body for a second there.

Oh, that sounds really cool, too! :thumbsup2 Perhaps I should make it my personal mission to watch the Headless Horseman from as many different vantage points as possible. Of course, to complete my research, I'd need to attend numerous MNSSHPs. I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone? ;)

Thank you for posting this.
woohoo-022.gif

Oh.

And did you see me?

I was the woman hanging onto the back of the float screaming, "HEY TK! HEY! IT'S TINK! I'VE ALMOST GOT HIM!" while trying to fend off Disney Security with a treat bag and my left shoe.

Oh, that WAS you!!! It was so dark out, I couldn't be sure.

Now you're going to have to wait a little bit before we get to that point. The proverbial wall, that is.

After the parade, we were feeling pretty good. Not exactly sure what our heading should be, but ultimately decided we'd like to try and get on a ride or two while DS was still awake. Ha ha. We also got in some more trick or treating, in Liberty Square and Frontierland on our way over to Adventureland, since we decided that pirates really needed to pay homage to POTC. And then, I happened to spot...

what else? Another meet and greet! I was so about the characters this night. First of all the lines weren't long, moved quickly, and you got some GREAT character interaction with ones that aren't normally out. I love special events characters. They just seem so into it, and they help create the atmosphere that makes the party soooo worth it. I mean, everyone was spot on, savvy? And it was fun, and entertaining. And I was all about fun and entertaining.

So as we were wandering into Adventureland, I spotted a meet and greet with Aladdin and Jasmine. I asked DS if he wanted to come, and he said no. Ah well. I guess he was happy, having met Jesse and Woody, and content to finish off whatever candy we'd let him have. I asked DH if he minded, of course he said no, so I was off to meet them by myself.

They were wonderful! Especially Aladdin. As a matter of fact, I'm not ashamed to tell you that I cropped Jasmine out of some of our photos. Now before you all get ready to lynch me, let me just say this, okay? I have a soft spot for Aladdin. Ever since he and DS had that amazing connection in the World Showcase last year, well, Aladdin's really special to me.

Jasmine? Although I love her, and she was sweet, not so much.

Aladdin was just more talkative. He wanted to know about my necklace, and he knew right away that I belonged with pirates. I pointed out DH and DS, so he could see them, and he was great in responding. I should add I started the whole conversation by asking them how Abu and Rajah were. They both replied they were doing very well, but they thought Abu was out trick or treating / making mischief with Genie, and they'd told Genie not to let him have too much candy.

In short, they were great. I loved our conversation. It's one of my favorite interactions from this trip, just because they were so them. So Aladdin and Jasmine.

image080-1.jpg
image083-1.jpg

In the first photo, we're just posing normally. In the second, Aladdin asked me if I had any special Elizabeth pose that I wanted to do. I should add that Aladdin knew I was Elizabeth right away, and he was so great in talking to me as if I was her. So, in the second shot, we're all staring at the cursed necklace in shock. :lmao:

And then it happened. As I finished that meet and greet, not so much a ticking time bomb, but I could just tell that DS was exhausted. Now, considering that it was a bit late, and he hadn't taken a nap, I thought he'd done very, very well. I mean, you can only expect so much from a three year old at that hour of the night when they're starting to get tired. And so then we had a decision to make. Who was going to change the boy who had suddenly hit the wall of exhaustion?

Unfortunately, DH was the logical choice. And I say this in all seriousness. My arm movement in that dress is so limited, I didn't think I'd be able to get all DS' clothes on and off, and put an overnight diaper on him with doing some sort of harm to him, myself, or the dress. I say unfortunately because although I love my husband, he's not me. Good thing, huh, because that would just be weird? Case in point, we're an excellent balance to each other. When I lost my cool in Epcot, DH was picking up the slack.

But when DH lost his cool a bit that night, I couldn't exactly bust into the men's room in Adventureland and help out, savvy? Mental note for next year...find a family restroom, or go to the child care center near the Crystal Palace. I don't know why we didn't think of that, honestly, it was most likely that DS was so tired we just wanted to change him so he could fall asleep.

So DS was not happy as he was getting changed. He wanted me.

And it was loud. And I sat on a bench, in my pretty dress, with the empty stroller, so I'm fairly certain that every one with in a 10 mile radius knew that was MY child screaming at the top of his lungs in the bathroom.

And you know what? I was oddly calm about it. DH, not so much, but me, what could I do? We'd pushed DS to the breaking point and we were paying the price. I knew it was bad when I could hear, quite clearly, "YOU'RE NOT MY BEST FRIEND! I WANT MAMA!!!!"

Oh boy. When DS came out of the bathroom, he was in full on tears. I felt bad for DH, but had to focus on calming DS down. I gave him the biggest bear hug my dress would allow, and soothed away those tears. We eased him into his stroller, still snuffly, knowing the best course of action would be to just stroll him around and let him fall asleep. So we did.

And it didn't take long. And in our strolling, we ended up near Main Street and the hub.

And debated.

It was almost time for Hallowishes. Which I had been DYING to see. Should we or shouldn't we?

Well, we were pirates after all. And even though the boy had just drifted off, we decided, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Now we were pretty late in getting a "prime" spot, so to speak as the hub was crowded. Not so bad that I had a claustrophobic panic attack, but people were there. Not wanting to block anyone's view (because we do observe some sense of etiquette about these things, pirate or no), we actually ended up a little to the right of the hub, just at the entrance to the bridge to Tomorrowland.

Totally ready to make a break for it if necessary, but praying the MNSSHP gods were working in my favor and I'd be able to see Hallowishes.

Up next - Did the MNSSHP gods favor us?

MAN but I feel your pain! Well except for that whole lack of arm movement thing... but Stasia did the changing scream too if it wasn't ME who changed her diaper. "I don't WANT YOU! I WANT MOMMY!"

Oh, to be so loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!