• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

With my P&PP looming on the horizon, that MNSSHP is definitely happening on trip #2!

Okay. I just love that your DH made a girl's night like that. Because I betcha she told at least a few people about the hot Captain Jack she came across while handing out Halloween Candy. ;)

:lmao:

Okay I will admit that I got a bit teary eyed at reading this. How romantical! I just love that your got your Cinderella Coach picture with DH. :lovestruc

Aw! It was really nice.

One boat ride. Pfffft.

You mock my one boat ride. It was lovely, I tell you. Don't think I didn't appreciate its virtues. ;)

With my P&PP looming on the horizon, that MNSSHP is definitely happening on trip #2!

I highly, highly recommend it.

What a perfect MNSSHP!

I am so jealous that you saw the headless horseman TWICE!!!

And the girl checking out your DH...i LOVE it when that happens!

What a wonderful night! Glad it was so magical. MNSSHP is one of my favorite things at Disney. So many great things.

What a magical and "romantical" night!!!! I loved this update!!! The update just oozes with happiness!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!!!!

I only hope that Disney keeps going these MNSSHP long enough for me to get back there to see one!

High Heels? Are you serious? You are a much better woman than I!

For me...Cat in the Hat...mostly for comfort...because I could just wear black pants, a long sleeve black shirt (cool max material, thank you!) and CROCS!!! Yep...now THAT is what I am talking about!!

And my feet STILL hurt...I can't imagine yours...

Your dis-robing comments...lol...:rotfl2: compared to your wedding...:lmao:

And looking for a soda...yeah...I had that issue at the Contemporary...and ended up calling room service (it was an emergency!) and, yep, paid about $15.00 for 2 Sprites! :sad2:

So, you are not alone!

What a great TR! Awesome job. Can't wait for MORE, MORE, MORE!

What a wonderful night! Glad it was so magical. MNSSHP is one of my favorite things at Disney. So many great things.

It was wonderful!

What a magical and "romantical" night!!!! I loved this update!!! The update just oozes with happiness!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!!!!

I think one of the things that amazed me about this trip is just how many romantic moments there were. I mean, when DS is all tuckered out, and it's just the two of us taking a photo, or eating together, or just sitting, or whatever, being in that magical place with one of my favorite people ever was priceless.

I only hope that Disney keeps going these MNSSHP long enough for me to get back there to see one!

I'm fairly certain they're a core part of the Disney marketing machine. Not to worry! :goodvibes

High Heels? Are you serious? You are a much better woman than I!

Well, they were a chunk heel. But probably at least 2-3 inches high. I actually need that height, because that dress (although custom made) is not hemmed to my height. Although I gave her what I thought was the right measurement, I believe she may have made it a bit longer in anticipation of my wearing it with heels.

Now, since DH has the quest of how to make the goatee work, my quest for next year will be how to find shows with that height that are comfortable. :lmao:

Your dis-robing comments...lol...:rotfl2: compared to your wedding...:lmao:

It totally reminded us of that though. Well, minus the three year old. He wasn't there then. :rotfl2:

And looking for a soda...yeah...I had that issue at the Contemporary...and ended up calling room service (it was an emergency!) and, yep, paid about $15.00 for 2 Sprites! :sad2:

So, you are not alone!

What a great TR! Awesome job. Can't wait for MORE, MORE, MORE!

Alright, now I don't feel so badly. I just remember...and I know it's a value...but I remember being at Pop last year, and soda vending machines were everywhere! What, people at deluxe hotels don't want soda vending machines? What, we're supposed to be more prepared and have purchased our soda and left it in our fridge for later?

Ha ha.

What kind of pirates would we be? ;)

I absolutely have to change our Disney calendar so we can go during MNSSHP.... I think I've said that already but reading about the end of your night makes me need to say it again and again! absolutely wonderful!

I absolutely have to change our Disney calendar so we can go during MNSSHP.... I think I've said that already but reading about the end of your night makes me need to say it again and again! absolutely wonderful!

I think that the past few chapters are a real testimony to how wonderful it can be.

And to think.

We never even went on one ride. :rolleyes1

What a lovely, lovely, lovely ending to your MNSSHP! Your DS must be like my two -- once fast asleep, nothing wakes them up!

The Cinderella Coach photo looks spectacular (at least the half I can see ;) ).

Just everything about the night sounds wonderful -- especially that peanut butter fudge. :rotfl:

What a lovely, lovely, lovely ending to your MNSSHP! Your DS must be like my two -- once fast asleep, nothing wakes them up!

I used to be like that, too.

Before I had DS. Now that mother gene has kicked in and pratically anything wakes me up.

Just everything about the night sounds wonderful -- especially that peanut butter fudge. :rotfl:

I noshed on that fudge slowly throughout the week. It was good, but not quite what I remembered. Maybe an off batch?

I used to be like that, too.

Before I had DS. Now that mother gene has kicked in and pratically anything wakes me up.

I can sleep through just about anything unless it is one of the kids -- then I just snap awake.

I noshed on that fudge slowly throughout the week. It was good, but not quite what I remembered. Maybe an off batch?

The fudge we got on the last trip was pretty good -- definitely better than anything in our house at the moment. :rolleyes:

Well, friends, we've finally reached a new day.

And this day dawned leisurely. Relaxing, if you will. And without rush. Or hubbub. Or hullabaloo. NoJungleBook.

This day dawned leisurely because we were tired! We were pirated out! After that MNSSHP, who wouldn't be tired, eh? It was a great night, and regardless of what brand spankin' new ride we really wanted to get on, I was not rushing this morning.

We finally got to MGM between 1030-1100. Read, after the running of the bulls. Not even close to rope drop. Nary a stampede in sight. But we had a hankering to at least try and check out Toy Story Mania. We headed over to the times board and saw that the ride was temporarily closed. Uh oh! DH suggested we head over anyway, just in case they were still handing out fastpasses.

That was some good thinkin', right thar. Yesiree, Bob. :thumbsup2 Now DH offered to run ahead and check it out, and I said, no way. We're going all together, a pirate's life for three. We took our time. Stopped and got some Photopass pictures done and were on our merry way.

Can I just say that I loved Pixar Place? It never fails to amaze me, let Disney throw something new my way, and I feel like a kid all over again. I just couldn't get over the theming. What light fixtures are to dearest LL, Pixar Place was to TK. I loved all the little details, all the toys come to life. I just felt...I don't know, nostalgic. Like I'd stepped into Toy Story, but better.

DisneySept08-0772.jpg

DisneySept08-0782.jpg

DisneySept08-0792.jpg

DisneySept08-0802.jpg

DisneySept08-0822.jpg

DisneySept08-0832.jpg

Now fortunately, even though the ride was experiencing some technical difficulties, the fastpass machines were working. So we got a return between...

are you ready...

keeping in mind that we were there around 1030-1100, okay?

Our return was between 5 and 6. Now as I was enjoying myself, just taking some pictures of Pixar Place, by the time I finally decided to snap a shot of the fastpass sign, just in case you didn't believe me, it had already changed to this...

DisneySept08-0812.jpg

Yup. You read that right. When we passed through Pixar Place again later, a little after 1200pm, all the fastpasses for the day were gone. Yes. It IS that popular. And we were left to wonder why, seeing as how our return was between 5 and 6. Oh, so much time to kill. We decided to head over to the HISTK playground, and let DS blow off some steam. Both DH and I were feeling that maybe he hadn't had enough just running around, playing like little boys need to time.

On the way over, we ran into...well, we didn't run into...that would have hurt, but we did see this guy....

DisneySept08-0852.jpg

Sadly, he needed to head back to Radiator Springs, so I snagged a quick pic and then he and Lightening were off!

At the playground, I copped a squat over by some enlarged leaf or something and made a couple of phone calls. Because nothing says fun like calling people while you're in Disney World, let me tell you. And I'll admit it. One of the people I called was my mother.

Yes.

I missed her. :rolleyes1

But don't tell her that, okay? We don't want it to go to her head, or I'll never get another pirate's life for three trip! ;)

Now when DH and DS finally decided they were done, they were hot. DS was perspiring quite a bit, his hair was a bit wet. I felt so badly, I mean, he needed the play time, but it is really hot in there. And he just looked exhausted.

So we decided to stroll on over to the Brown Derby and see if we could get in for lunch a little bit early. Now, DS was so exhausted, DH and I decided it would be best to try to get him to take a nap, because he'd never make it through lunch, and then we'd get him something to eat when he woke up. It only took a few circuits of the Animation Courtyard with DH for DS to nod off.

Meanwhile, I was in the Brown Derby, asking if it was possible to be seated a bit earlier, and if it was possible to bring in DS sleeping in his stroller, to which I received yes on both counts. They're so very nice and accomodating there, I really enjoy it, and had been looking forward to it. Now, as we were waiting to be seated, we took a little gander at the book of signatures. I love to see what page it's turned to. This time certainly didn't disappoint.

DisneySept08-0862.jpg

One of the funniest parts? When I was pregnant with DS, I used to call him Pudge. After the fish in the beginning of Lilo and Stitch. Lilo and Stitch has a special meaning to myself and DH anyway, since we saw it the day before we got married. It was the only thing we did alone together that day, and I'll never forget it. So, when I was pregnant, it made sense to call the baby Pudge, since he made a little...and then much bigger...pudge in my belly. :thumbsup2

Our waitress was lovely. I ordered my favorite ever Brown Derby drink. It's no longer on the menu, but still in the system. The waitress was a bit nervous when she ordered it from the bartender. I'd explained that I didn't know if they still made it, but could she inquire? When she did, he said, oh yes, I can make that. She said, how do I ring it? He said, oh, it's in there. Part of me secretly wonders if they leave it there for me. "Oh, hey guys, the Citron Limeade's here again." :lmao:

Lunch was fantastic. I mean, impeccable. As in, you can't go wrong here. I had the Coconut Shrimp appetizer (so did DH), the Cobb Salad, and Grapefruit Cake. At this point in time, I just don't remember what DH had for his meal or dessert, but I know he liked it. All of those refreshing foods combined with my Citron Limeade was heaven! Heaven, I say!

And to top it all off, the little nugget kept on sleeping. Now, I was quite surprised. I certainly expected him to wake up hungry at some point, but due to the fact that he slept, dare I say, it almost felt as though DH and I were on a date!

Almost had a honeymoon-esque quality to it. We ate at the Derby on our honeymoon, and it's always been one of my favorite places. I was glad we had such a good time. And really, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's these types of moments that you just don't get when you're traveling with a larger family group. There is no me and DH down time, because we're always with other people. And while I cherish those memories, because you never know what tomorrow will bring, it was just so nice to have some couple time.

And when the bill came, although emotionally prepared for what it was going to be, and wanting to leave a good tip for our excellent waitress, I was still experiencing a bit of sticker shock. Consider that I'm used to free dining, and even paying for gratuity on a meal will not emotionally ready you for purchasing a signature meal in its entirety. Yup. That lunch cost about $100.

Let the frugal TK tell you....

it was worth...

Every.

Dang.

Penny.

Up next - Uh Oh....Someone Doesn't Look So Good

What is this book of signatures that you speak of? :confused3

Pudge, that is just too cute. :goodvibes

Our Brown Derby meal cost about that too but it really was worth every single penny. I really want to know what your DH had. :rolleyes: I am obsessed with Brown Derby food, I can't help it. It's delicious.

I am so glad that you were able to get Fastpasses for TSM. I hope you used them! Hehehe.

I'm glad you felt your lunch was worth it....we might have to try BD sometime.

What is this book of signatures that you speak of? :confused3

In the glass display case in the lobby waiting area?

There's a book filled with signatures of the people who have dined there, celebrities, etc. :thumbsup2

Our Brown Derby meal cost about that too but it really was worth every single penny. I really want to know what your DH had. :rolleyes: I am obsessed with Brown Derby food, I can't help it. It's delicious.

Okay. I just asked DH. He haid the Coconut Shrimp app, some kind of pasta dish for lunch (it's not on allears menu anymore so I can't find it), and the pistachio cheesecake for dessert.

We think. We're iffy on the meal and the dessert. Memory doesn't stretch much farther than it was good. :lmao:

I am so glad that you were able to get Fastpasses for TSM. I hope you used them! Hehehe.

Only time will tell. As I said, up next, - someone doesn't look so good...

I'm glad you felt your lunch was worth it....we might have to try BD sometime.

I think sometimes on vacation, you just have to go for it and splurge. That was our splurge meal, and it was totally worth it. Thanks! :goodvibes

In the glass display case in the lobby waiting area?

There's a book filled with signatures of the people who have dined there, celebrities, etc. :thumbsup2
Totally missed that. That is so going on a list. :lmao:

Okay. I just asked DH. He haid the Coconut Shrimp app, some kind of pasta dish for lunch (it's not on allears menu anymore so I can't find it), and the pistachio cheesecake for dessert.

We think. We're iffy on the meal and the dessert. Memory doesn't stretch much farther than it was good. :lmao:
Thank you for indulging my obsession with Brown Derby. :thumbsup2

Only time will tell. As I said, up next, - someone doesn't look so good...
:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter