YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Ugh to the wet floor and proximity to THAT family. :rolleyes: I have also been next door to them and it isn't always pretty. Playing with the hair dryer? :confused3 Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Otherwise, the room is gorgeous. I just adore that resort. My only complaint is that it is a bus ride away from everything. Super picky, I know; I'm just spoiled by the walk to Epcot and DHS that Beach Club offers. That said, seriously considering AKL for a quick January trip... maybe even CL!

Ahh... Jiko. YUM.

Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening at your resort! The wet floor realllly would have bugged me-- I hope that was sorted and you got to switch rooms the next day!

Your MagicBand problems are just solidifying my hatred toward them. We got invited to test them on out October trip which is in 16 days because we added a day on at Pop (we will be there one night, the rest at OKW). There are like, zero Fastpass+ reservations that will work for us. Such a bummer. But my fiance seems to like his band, he asked me if he could wear it even if it didn't work :rotfl:

Men :confused3

Anyway, I love that candid picture of Em. So high fashion!

And I love the Tangled bathrooms. I can't wait to um...visit them in October.

Once you make your FP+ selections you can go in and change all of the times and or rides. Eight of us had MBs for our 12 day trip and never had one problem with them.

Yup, I am definitely checking out AKL next time. Absolutely beautiful.

And that room really makes me wish I wasn't so darn cheap. :laughing: I'll take mine without the loud kids next door and the wet floor though. That's a real shame and I really hope it gets worked out.

Aww that poor CM. I can just picture him all scared like. Good on you for not tormenting him.

But, I think I have to correct you. YOU are famous! :flower3:

Beautiful savannah photos. You have a great view! Too bad the noisy neighbors have disturbed the peace. Maybe the Mousekeepers spilled their buckets of wash water. :confused3 We had wet carpets at AoA in our suite. I just grabbed some towels and did the "So Happy to be Here" dance to dry it off.:rotfl:

Looks like a lovely time at Jiko.

Seeing your pictures of AKL got me so excited for our January trip! Which is just a measly 125 days away. :lmao: It'll be our first stay at the Lodge. Aaaand, for our first dinner meal I have Jiko reserved. :woohoo:

What a great view from Club Level! And the room is gorgeous, I love the mirror and the comforter.

AND CHOCOLATE ANIMALS?! Oh man that's awesome. :lovestruc

Haha, that's so sweet about the CM. Disney rocks.

That is so awesome you got to meet the chef!!

caught up again. The end to your first day sounds amazing - watching Disney cartoons and listening to the thunderstorm :love: We stayed at the WL in August a few years ago and all the pictures we took in the morning were steamy too! How do you like staying at a resort for one night (last trip the first night was at AKL I believe) I am really looking forward to some split stays in the future!

The rooms at AKL look beautiful and wow what a view
I hope you managed to get your room issues resolved - urgh for noisy families next door :(

Ack! Reading all your threads just makes me wish I could stay CL!! Bahaha, the awesomeness of it!!

I have to try Jiko sometime! I've heard nothing but good things about it!! Perhaps when I return to AKL next!!

Jumped ahead and read your sunrise safari dining review, sounds like a good time!! I'm excited to read the full thing!!

I love making Disney friends!! They seriously are the best, and always good to have connections down there!

What a beautiful room, Brenda (well, minus the wet floor). And what is it with people and not having their kids use indoor voices? That just riles me to no end.

I so hope we can manage AKL next year with Mark and Alisha for their one year anniversary...I'd like to make it special for them because I don't know when they'll be back.

You and the Chef again...such a star you are. :)

We had a connecting room when we stayed at Jambo last April and we had the same problem. Rowdy kids that didn't have an inside voice. We dealt with it though. They seemed to settle down by 11 PM.

We had a connecting dorr on our Disney cruise last year and there was one litlle girl who was very LOUD. We called her "Miss Megaphone". We were always relieved when the family left the cabin. Haha

Susan

Ahh! Here is where I was super behind! LOVE the view from your room. I've always dismissed AKL just cause transportation to/from there always seems to take us forever! Maybe at some point we will consider it for a day or 2.

Big bummer on the loud kids and flooded room!

Hoping we don't have issues with the MagicBands! However I can't even make FP+ reservations yet as I bought Undercover Tourist Tickets to upgrade to AP's and no one can tell me if by linking them if I will lose the discount instead of it bridging once used so I will stick with saving my discount and just load them onto the MB once we have the AP's in hand. Kind of has my OCD planning in a tizzy but saving money is more important at the moment. Saving money goes out the window once actually in WDW lol.

Love your update with the room pictures. I'm sorry about that family. Don't people understand that hotel rooms are NOT sound proof???:confused3 I will never understand that! My girls have stayed in plenty of hotel rooms- and we NEVER allow yelling (unless it's one very excited "OMG" type thing).

Waaa!!!! I can't believe Splash is going to be down again! It was down last year during our trip at the same time. I've been teetering between going to disland (for our 1st time ever) or back to the world. No offense here but dis world has our heart and I'm just not that excited about disland. (In sure it's fab just haven't been and afraid it won't stack up-silly I know!) However, I can't move my son's bday and he is finally tall enough and ready to ride so maybe we will do disland this time. Oh such a dilemma!

Just a head's up- the Splash Mountain at DLand is different than the Splash Mountain at WDW. I saw someone's picture once and I was like "OH! That's different!" But I'd LOVE to go to DLand… it IS the Mothership! ::yes::

Love your update with the room pictures. I'm sorry about that family. Don't people understand that hotel rooms are NOT sound proof???:confused3 I will never understand that! My girls have stayed in plenty of hotel rooms- and we NEVER allow yelling (unless it's one very excited "OMG" type thing). Just a head's up- the Splash Mountain at DLand is different than the Splash Mountain at WDW. I saw someone's picture once and I was like "OH! That's different!" But I'd LOVE to go to DLand… it IS the Mothership! ::yes::

I agree w/ it being the mothership which I why I'm partly on board with it. While I would love to visit disland one day in not sure it's bday trip material. We have spent my son's bdays at the world for the past several years and I'm just nervous that it won't stack up to annual dinning w/ pooh and all his fav rides. We could go ahead w/ the world but truth be told it didn't feel like a complete trip last yr w/out splash (okay so that part is more about me! Lol)! Time for me to stop being a whiny baby and decide one way or the other very soon! Either will be fan I'm sure!

I agree w/ it being the mothership which I why I'm partly on board with it. While I would love to visit disland one day in not sure it's bday trip material. We have spent my son's bdays at the world for the past several years and I'm just nervous that it won't stack up to annual dinning w/ pooh and all his fav rides. We could go ahead w/ the world but truth be told it didn't feel like a complete trip last yr w/out splash (okay so that part is more about me! Lol)! Time for me to stop being a whiny baby and decide one way or the other very soon! Either will be fan I'm sure!

I went to WDW multiple times before ever going to DL. I LOVE DL! I actually love both but for different reasons. DL is definitely my happy place. Just entering the park and I feel a calm come over me! Give it a try sometime! The Plaza Breakfast (usually has two or more Pooh characters) is one of the best for Characters and Goofy's Kitchen has good characters and good food!

Wow! I love everything about jambo house! Except the weird wet floor. But the amount of chocolate in that room & the view...yes please!

You guys always look so cute!! I love it.

I wish I lived there part time!! We'll see if I can convince Rich to let me be insane & go in December. :) I wish I could go to the land again, I miss it so much! Southwest is having a sale though... ;)

Interesting about the whole wet floor thing. And then on top of that, a family with kids with no inside voices? Yup. That's no good.

Funny about that CM with the charge card. He really really wanted to make sure that you guys were taken care of.

I'm curious what happened with the room! We had some issues with AKL when we left the Treehouse Villas and moved there. I'll get there at some point in my TR. ;) But I'm curious how it went for you. Leaving me all hanging and stuff!

I'm enjoying your trip report! I really enjoy reading about your adventures with your daughter. Keep the trip reports and dining reports coming! In fact, inspired by your reports I even started a TR of my own. We just got back on Saturday and I'm already planning my next trip!

AKL!! :cheer2: The rooms are so pretty.

That is one deluxe resort I really want to stay in, besides GF and the Poly. ::yes:: :laughing: I probably will never get to stay at the last two, but a girl can dream. :goodvibes
Does AKL feel like it's far away from everything? I'm so use to staying at CSR and feeling so centrally located to everything, except MK.

Jiko, everyone raves over this place and I have yet to try it.
I've yet to try any of the signature/two credit dining restaurants. Well, except for Le Cellier, but that was before it was two credits, and let me tell you....it is not a two credit worthy place to eat. :rolleyes: But don't listen to me, I live in a state where beef is their specialty, its kinda hard to eat a steak anywhere else. Same with Mexican/Tex-Mex. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter