YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. princessjv

princessjv DIS Veteran

Yoru killing me! I am so intrigued by AKL club level! I have himmed and hawed over if we should stay CL on our visits! I hope you give a lot fo fantastic details!

STUCK ON CoP! Now my DH would LOVE this! Last time we were on it, a child was sick and needed to head to the potty -- FAST! There was no emergency stop and get out! It was terrible.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chattadisser

chattadisser Mouseketeer

Yea to being "stuck" on CoP! That's when I start looking for the midden Mickey's in each room. An even bigger yea to :thumbsup2 to the mimosa! Thats the way to start a new resort.

Can't wait to hear more about CL at AKL (Love to do that at some point) and your dinner at Jiko's (which could be my favorite on-property resturant).

4. peachmermaid

peachmermaid Mouseketeer

I agree, the magic bands can be pretty touchy. That's annoying that they couldn't do anything about fixing Em's. Boo.

The tangled area looks awesome!! I love your pics. I definitely love just sitting there, taking it all in. And of course, there is the bonus of bathrooms. I love that the mirrors are covered in there. It's like the imagineers are saying, you're in the happiest place on earth, you look great! All it's missing is eugene hiding around the kingdom. :)

I can't wait to hear all about jambo house! If they're giving you mimosas first thing, that's a very good sign.

Unfortunately I do not go every month, I wish I could though!! I just hit the jackpot the last few months with convincing Richard I needed to go to my happy place. I'm thinking about convincing him to go down again after our October visit for the Christmas season since we'll likely be missing thanksgiving with our families but it sounds like wdw is crazy packed around that time... :(

5. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

All caught up. :)

Bummer on the Splash pic with the kid punching you in the face. :(

I too got spit on by the Aladdin camel, my DD thought it was HILARIOUS, especially since it surprised me. :lmao:

Looking forward to the next update. popcorn::

6. cajunfan

cajunfan <font color=FF99CC>Welcome to the DIS where wishes

I can't wait for the next update!
    Lynn

7. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Neglectful me.... trying to get caught up here so let's see how many comments I can respond to before I get too loopy from being tired and call it a night!

I know that's on your list Dave so I'm looking forward to see your genius at work with that photo op!

It is pretty amazing... when you think that there's not a lot to do there...

That kid is another example of Disney's "forced perspective" ... :rotfl2:

Hi Jill! Your hubby's not the only one! My DH is not such a fan as well.

There was another issue or two with them coming up but we were in a test phase so I couldn't expect perfection. Oh well.

I forget that I bounce back and forth between my Dining Review and this TR so you can pick up anything that I miss food/dining wise in my other report. Didn't mean to leave you hanging though!

Yep, two rounds which didn't make me upset but apparently other people were not happy.

Tough question regarding how I rate the.... again, considering we were in a test phase. Overall, I like the concept and the ease of use and not having to get passes out all the time or room keys. However, we didn't plan wisely for use of FP+ on many days so they were limiting. And I don't necessarily like the marketing genius of embellishing your MB. Who want's a plain one when they sell flair?? :rolleyes: (I didn't purchase anything for our MBs but then again most people hadn't at that point. I expect to see more in the near future.) So there you have my opinion!!

Hi there Miss D~! If we'd planned our morning better we could have covered more ground but you know how it is traveling with teens!!

We saw people having pic-nic lunches at the Tangled rest area. I think that sounds fabulous.

Since we policed ourselves and stuck to our return window for FP+ (other than the oops! this day) so I'm thinking they probably do enforce the window of time just like the paper FP.

You my dear, are the queen of Dismeets so I know you agree that they are always a highlight of our days!!

We missed snacks at CL at AKL but ......stay tuned to see what we did have. (unless you peeked at my DR!)

Thanks Mary Ellen! All those photos are with my Nikon 7700. (Point and shoot/bridge camera)

Oh my gosh! Those nachos were the opposite of amazing!

There were more issues with the MBs but again, they were still in a test phase so I feel I need to be more forgiving.

I hope Denny and you enjoy Jiko. I'll be interested to see what you thought.

I wish I had cheated and looked up where all the Pascals were ahead of time so I could have photographed them.

Definitely the dining plan trumps CL since the lounges are usually only snacks and continental type stuff for breakfast.

I don't really know too much about Paradise Pier or what they offer for CL. Sometimes they offer other perks other than just the food offerings. I've only peeked in that hotel in the lobby so I'm not sure.... sorry can't answer that one.

Thanks!!

Hi Lori! Thanks!

Ha ha! Norm! Or it's like wearing a name tag to the parks. :rolleyes1

I don't know... maybe because I've not actually seen the mermaids I'm too critical but Disney, don't make it so subtle that most people don't actually see it. Maybe I just don't know where to look.

So Tortuga Tavern is like the Tomorrowland Terrace which I NEVER see open?? Seasonal. Didn't really know that.

Yep, that's the trade off... front row = gonna get wet, back row = exuberant ride companions blocking your face. :) You caught that reference!

Hmmm..... I do believe you may make a guest appearance. I hesitate to post videos. There's so many that I just don't upload since 1. they don't make sense a lot of time since we do a lot of silly inside jokes and 2. I hate the way I look/sound on video and 3. I have no idea how to edit these to get rid of the stupid parts!!

You remembered I was at D-land same time as Kristen in July. You have a great memory. :thumbsup2

Hi Wendy! No worries. You have a lot going on with your trip coming up as well!

I forget which resorts are using the MB. AKL was part of the test when we were there.

I was pretty lucky with some of those photos. I'll let you in on a secret, I cheated and pre-set one of the dummy user settings on my camera. After all those photo tips/lessons I couldn't remember do I want my ISO increased or decreased. :rotfl2:

Definitely GO visit the Tangled restroom area. I fully expect to see some awesome photos too!!

AKL coming up ... :)

Hi Liesel. No, the bands didn't bother us. Of course they were loose on us even on the smallest fastener. You could adjust them further with a kid setting but I didn't bother.

Oh thanks. Makes it easy to jump to the dining part if anyone wishes to do so.

A Johnny Depp fan are you?? :) More Johnny wouldn't bother me!

Wow!! You were there for a huge milestone with NFL open! Did you receive a commemorative park map or pin or anything? That is cool to just be a part of that.

Ha! Yes, that was very nice of the CM. Mimosa's make everything better, right?

Thank you!!

I've gotta go back and find the other 7 Pascals. (I think I mentioned I saw one in one of my photos from a hint I got from another Diser.)

We didn't see too much difference with using the MB for the FP lines but it was still in test so I would hope they thought that one through and don't bottle neck the FP lines with these. BTW, I received and completed a survey that Disney sent me. Definitely perks to these. Especially if your hands are full when returning to the room you don't need to dig in your pockets or bag for your room card/key.

I saw another AK club level guest who was offered a mimosa so perhaps that is their traditional welcome drink? Not sure but it sure was good!

Hi Courtney! Yeah, the aim was perfect. And I know the camel does that. That's what I get for not paying attention.

Ha ha!!! Yeah, Bengal BBQ is only at D-land. At least your dad didn't say let's go on Indiana Jones ride by Bengal BBQ!!

I really need to look up where all the Pascals are. I'm too impatient to hunt for them.

Hi there!! Good concept but definitely has some bugs to work out for those MBs.

I'm a huge CoP fan too!!! I didn't mind the second spin around since it was nice and cool in there.

It was a lovely lounge...if you peek at my dining review links you'll get a preview since that report is moving a lot faster than this one. ;)

8. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Kylie! I thought that was interesting too. Yeah, we still had a few issues with Em's MB but it didn't prevent us from entering the park so all was well.

Isn't that right!!! I think Disney raised the bar so high on bathrooms now!

Hi Alysa! When we were there the MBs were for park admission, room entry, and dining plan credits, and charging privileges. I hear they are now for in test for photopass. Definitely a great idea there!

Hi Katt!! I keep meaning to get caught up with your latest updates... I WILL yet! Thanks for getting caught up.

Ahh Disney, it is a special place for sure!

That was a perceptive CM for sure. They probably thought, let's give her alcohol so she won't care that this process is taking forever!! And I didn't. So it worked!

Hi Christen! Oh NOOOOOO!! Down during Spring Break time... that's lousy timing. :sad2:

They must have known there was a huge CoP fan in the audience so I'm sure that was just for me!

They wanted to switch us to the RFID near the end of the trip but I declined. It was always at an inopportune time. At least we're the guinea pigs working out the bugs.

Thanks Susan!

I'll return more comments tomorrow... errr later today... :)

9. foodrocksluver

foodrocksluver It's been you all along

Your MagicBand problems are just solidifying my hatred toward them. We got invited to test them on out October trip which is in 16 days because we added a day on at Pop (we will be there one night, the rest at OKW). There are like, zero Fastpass+ reservations that will work for us. Such a bummer. But my fiance seems to like his band, he asked me if he could wear it even if it didn't work :rotfl:

Men :confused3

Anyway, I love that candid picture of Em. So high fashion!

And I love the Tangled bathrooms. I can't wait to um...visit them in October.

10. distripplanner

distripplanner Earning My Ears

Waaa!!!! I can't believe Splash is going to be down again! It was down last year during our trip at the same time. I've been teetering between going to disland (for our 1st time ever) or back to the world. No offense here but dis world has our heart and I'm just not that excited about disland. (In sure it's fab just haven't been and afraid it won't stack up-silly I know!) However, I can't move my son's bday and he is finally tall enough and ready to ride so maybe we will do disland this time. Oh such a dilemma!

11. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Hi! I just found your TR and it is AWESOME!!!:cool1: All caught up and can't wait to hear the rest. Thanks!:thumbsup2

12. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Glad you are caught up Dee. Now, it's my turn to do the same!

Hi there blessed! I'm so glad that you are here and joining!! 3 boys AND a girl. You really are blessed! :lmao: Seriously, thank you for reading along. :)

Hi Doreen! I didn't download reminders to my phone which obviously I should have done but yeah, if you have the hard copy FP you have something tangible.

I had some serious mimosa love there for about 2 minutes!

They really spent a lot of time trying to fix Em's band. So they do get an A for effort.

Hi Nikia! I'm glad you found me here and on the dining thread!! Thank you so much for joining! :)

I'm glad to see that you fully endorse the pre-trip shopping indulgence!

I really liked WL but I love AKL. So there's my opinion. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

Hi Jacquie! Ohhh you have great taste!

I've seen photos of you and Shanleigh from your last trip and you guys truly look like you have a blast!! I think you even said on one of your Epcot days that you were having the time of your life - which completely reminds me of the Celebrate You song from the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it parade!

Cocktails can truly be medicinal!!

You'll have to share how successful you were with the hidden Pascal's Christine.

For more info on the CL foods/beverages, feel free to check out the dining links as they come up. Right now I think I only have 2 CL reviews but there's another coming up. Even if you don't eat too much at the lounge they have drinks out at all hours and cocktails in the evenings if you partake.

Yay for Jiko being added to your dining line up. :banana:

Hi there and THANK YOU for joining!! I'm glad that you are reading along.

Some good stuff coming up...

If you can get your boys to accompany you to tea I want to hear about it. They do serve juice or chocolate milk to kids if it makes any difference.

Hi there!! Thank you so much!!

Well, I do take a lot of photos so if I don't notice details while in the park I see the photos and say, oh, lookie there!! :lmao:

Yeah, my bag change. I don't think you can tell too good from the photos but that is my new favorite "pink" - coral.

Hi Emma! Thank you for finding me and joining!

You are the queen of fashions with your adorable outfits. And I must say once again, I LOVE your new haircut. So adorable.

Hi Kathy! Thanks! Ahhhh I wish I was returning soon to AKL. Maybe next summer.

That mimosa was certainly welcomed! And gone in 120 seconds.

Hi Camille!! I hope you are having a great week!! :thumbsup2

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Ashley. Since they only book 3-4 FP+ reservations per day you may be able to remember better than me.

Ha ha!! Great way to put that!! Only Disney.

I love nostalgia so CoP is definitely a favorite!

Hi there Jedimeg and welcome to not only the Disboards but this Trip Report!!! I'm so glad that you found this place!! :)

We've just been lucky so I'm glad that anyone is even interested in how all that happened.

Please feel free to come back here and let me know if you started a TR. I'd be glad to follow along.

Thanks again for joining in!!

Hi Linda and welcome back to civilization!!

I thought a CM told me that all resorts would have Magic Bands by late this year. It doesn't necessarily say that on the WDW site. I did like the convenience so I'm hoping I'll see them as well in December.

I hope you are having a great week!!

By March they may have these rolled our for all resorts.... however, they may have an opt out option where you can decline the bands. Thought I read that on the WDW site.

Hi Princessjv! I will try to remember to include as much as I can regarding CL! just for you!!

Oh no!!! That would be horrible for the kid and the parents!! :scared1:

I like your thinking. Are there hidden Mickey's in all the rooms? I only know about the Mickey under the Christmas tree. Maybe I need to look that up.

Amen to that mimosa!!

I'm farther ahead in my dining reviews that my TR so you can peek here to read about our Jiko dinner.

Hi Jennifer! Even though the MB didn't always work, we could always use our AP. We kept them with us as well.

Ahh those Tangled restrooms - perfectly themed. Those shutters are a nice touch but I love the hand mirror on the way too.

[​IMG]

We've only seen Jambo - but I'm in love with that resort. And the mimosa's don't hurt either!

I'm still under the impression that you live part time at WDW!!! If you need a holiday fix for the World, you could always travel the first week of December... a lot of Disers (ahem me) will be there! Or come out to DLand!! :thumbsup2

Glad you're caught up.

I bet the look on your face was priceless when the camel did a fine job with his aim!

Hi Lynn!! Thanks and I'm glad you are enjoying and following along!!

Your experience with FP+ reservations reminds me that I kept trying to "shuffle" the options so that an option would appear that worked for some of our dining plans and such. Some I just went with knowing that we wouldn't make all of them. Also set the preferences so that certain ones would give me a better time. It didn't always work for me either.

In any event... I hope you enjoy your time at WDW with or without those MB and the FP+ options!!

Ha that's funny about your fiancé! Tell him sure, but he also has to wear the matching necklace. :rotfl:

Thanks I liked that photo too.

Ummmm yeah, timing that little break perfectly will give you an immersive experience!!

No offense taken! WDW is definitely a vacation destination for us versus D-land which is still magical but not vacation. Whichever you chose, you won't go wrong.

Hi there HBGdancermom! I'm so glad that you found my TR. Thank you and welcome! :)

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Saturday August 17, 2013: Day 2, Part 5

While we were checking in, the lounge was filling up with guests partaking in the evening appetizers. We joined them since it had been hours since we had shared the icky chicken nachos at Tortuga Tavern. If you are interested in what they offer for evening appetizers and such, you can read here in my dining review.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View of lobby from CL Lounge
    [​IMG]

Finally, making it to our room, number 4215, we found a lovely Arusha savanna view…..and a completely wet floor in the dressing area. One other "issue" was that it was a connecting room and you guessed it, there was a family with two kids that didn't have inside voices and parents that didn't care that they didn't have inside voices. That and the mother kept yelling at one kid to stop playing with the hair dryer. Ok, this could be fun.

I called the front desk and asked if they could move us to another room in their savanna view inventory. They didn’t have anything available for the night but the next day a room would be available. If we wanted to change rooms we would have to check out of this room and check back into the new one later in the afternoon. Not a problem, we'll move and can you get maintenance to address the wet floor?? Yeah, we'll look into that was the answer.

Room 4215 photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcomed with chocolate animals:
    [​IMG]

View from balcony:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Balcony:
    [​IMG]

It All Started With a Mouse:
    [​IMG]

Again, we were warned to keep our drapes closed since the savanna is monitored by video. And no, I'm not going to crack the same joke about those sinister animals on the savanna!!
    [​IMG]

Turn-down Chocolates and Botswana greeting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While awaiting our bags from bell service we enjoyed the view from the balcony which included a passing thunderstorm.

We had a 7:20pm reservation at Jiko so we did our girly stuff and dressed for dinner. Once we were down in the restaurant lobby waiting for our pager to go off, the CM who had checked us in showed up looking a bit discombobulated and nervous. He apologized and informed me that if we planned to charge the meal to our room using our KTTW card they didn’t have a credit card properly attached to the reservation. No worries Mr. CM, I didn’t attach a credit card to the room. All was well in the world I assured him to his relief. He was desperate to catch us imagining the outrage that may have occurred had I not been able to charge to the room!! I thought for a second about messing with him and telling him that we had Disney gift cards attached to our room reservation, didn’t he see those??? Cruelty is not a sport I play so I thanked him and it was time to be seated.

One complimentary dinner photo for good measure!
    [​IMG]

Anyone interested in reading my Dining Review for this glorious dinner may do so here.

One interesting interaction that occurred with the head chef that I’ll just share briefly here as well… Chef Jon had served an amuse bouche at the beginning of our dinner and I didn’t think anything of his presentation of this complimentary dish. However, when this same chef dude from the kitchen came back around after dinner to get our thoughts on the food I was confused as to why the cook was so interested in our opinion. It took 60 seconds for me to realize who I was speaking with. I stopped mid-sentence and pointed my finger in his direction and asked, “Who are you?” He motioned to his name tag and said matter of fact, “Chef Jon.” THE DISNEY FAMED CHEF JON!! I had instant admiration for the man and said, “You’re famous!” I suppose that’s all relative because if I did a count by hands I’m not sure how many people really know who Jonathan Clark may be; however, in the dining circles he may be better known.

Chef Jon and us
    [​IMG]

With the excuse of not having ordered dessert for dinner we went to the CL lounge to check out the options. There were plenty of options that vanquished any self-control that I had…

As I said in my DR, here’s what self-control looks like!

[​IMG]

Here's where you can see more CL late night offerings including some liquor.

Not much else to tell about our evening folks… thus concludes Day 2.

Continued Next Post

15. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Beautiful Savannah view! I hope the loud kids / family check out in the morning. :rotfl:

Did the wet floor dry up? Did you change rooms? I have so many questions.

I am sure dinner was fabulous. Denny's BD dinner is there in October. I probably told you that already, only because I'm very excited to be staying there AND eating there! I just wish I was staying CL, but I am sure our 2 BR villa will be awesome.

Nice dessert offerings. Can't blame you at all for passing on dessert.

How fun to meet Chef Jon!

16. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Oh dear... That's just not a magical check in at all. I hope the family next door quiets down and the wet floor is promptly addressed! Other than that though, wow what a gorgeous room and view! And I love love love the lc lounge too! Gorgeous.
    Jiko looks great, how cool that you got to meet Chef Jon!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

What a gorgeous room Brenda! I love your view... I didn't mention the "lovely" neighbors we had at the beginning of our stay - but they sure can make a relaxing trip much more "not" relaxing, can't they? Sigh. I hope your new room is much better.

Your meal looks delicious - and how awesome that you were able to meet Chef Jon!

Those desserts just jump on to your plate - at least they did for me! I hope you enjoyed them, at least. :)

D~

18. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Where was the wet floor? Did they get that straightened out? I also hope the loud family moved out....:furious:

Can't wait for more TR! Thanks!:cool1:

19. annie170

annie170 Mouseketeer

The savannah view makes for some gorgeous scenery!

Does Chef Jon visit every table? Is that something he does regularly?

Those club level snacks look delish! You'd have to roll me on to the plane home!

20. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

Your view is lovely.

You and Em look gorgeous in your dresses. It looks like the little girl behind you is excited to be in an emmysmommy trip report. After all, you're famous too Brenda Disney! :goodvibes

Now I know how I can persuade the hubs to eventually book club level... liquor and desserts. :thumbsup2

21. foodrocksluver

foodrocksluver It's been you all along

I am so baffled by the wet floor in your room :confused3

I can relate beyond words can describe how you must have felt when your heard those people next door. We stayed at our DVC home OKW one year and the people in the one bedroom next to us had teenage daughters. And they stayed out until like 2am. And they were still WIDE AWAKE when they came back to the room. It took every ounce of me and my mother yelling at me to not knock on the door and tell them to pipe down.

Also they remind me of my upstairs neighbors now whom I curse daily, often times at 5am.

On a lighter note, I love that room. And the nice selection of products and chocolates they gave you.

Your story about the man at Jiko and the KTTW card reminds me of an experience we had there a few years ago. We had this crotchety man as our waiter and I tried everything to get him to loosen up and crack a smile. Nothing worked. He was so uppity and I was just sitting there cracking jokes every time he came to the table. I guess, unlike you, cruelty is a game I play ;)