YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Not going to lie, I'm pretty bummed about missing out on almost everyone! I'm going too early! :rotfl: I'll have to read all about it and live vicariously through you all and your DisMeets!
    Your plans sound fantastic. :thumbsup2
    The Disneyland photos are beautiful, and I would look at them again and again, no such thing as a redundant Disneyland Christmas photo. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I love all your trip reports, great pictures and writing :thumbsup2. Congrats on thread of the month. We are going in December too and hope to meet up with Katmark :). We enjoy all your dining reviews, I am trying to talk him in to Tusker House breakfast after seeing your pictures :rotfl:.

I can't wait to see your Cinderella Castle suite pictures. We have been lucky enough to see it twice on D23 tours and it is breathtaking every time. It is so special.

4. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

great plans for your upcoming trip - sounds like it will be amazing

Glad I read the whole thing though as after I read "meet ups with a group of ladies (and some hubbys and boyfriends)" I was trying to figure out what group Rob fit into :rotfl2:

Great Disneyland pictures - they really decorate a lot more of the buildings than at MK. Have to say, for someone who has never been there, the 2-person wide Space Mountain still throws me :)

5. courtneybelle

courtneybelle What foolishness would you like to see?

We leave WDW on December 2...foiled!

I am SO envious of your resort choices, both of those look amazing. There is so much Christmas fun to be had, too! :santa:

Sighhhh Sleeping Beauty Castle looks gorgeous.

6. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thank you Dee! Again, it's about you guys doing the work to make this top thread thing happen. :)

It should induce a tear or two for sure since I'm a sucker for anything Holiday themed but throw in a castle and a fireworks show and I'm done!

Hi Paula! Yay for December! We'll be able to spend more than a few hours together for sure! Hmmmmm.... I'm thinking maybe you have made a decision about a trip in 2 weeks. Works for me!

Thanks D~! Traveling to WDW during the holidays is a first for us.

I'm not even close to your Dismeet count - even with this trip included! You are part of the Dismeet Royal Court my friend! princess:

Everything ended up ok except for the first day that I tried to do FP+. I finally abandoning any FP+ plans that day. Everything should be worked out soon you'd think.

Like A, Em didn't have a lot of hair until she was nearly 2. I wanted to put her hair in braids and ponytails but it took awhile to get to that point. :)

We know you so well Rob!

Not sure what I'd win if this thing goes into 2015 but likely a gold watch for its retirement would be fitting! :p

I second your insane excitement!

DL hasn't put up all of their decorations yet. They are still doing the change over since the front gates still had the Halloween décor and a few other places. Once they put up the tree and the Main Street decorations it will be super festive.

Thanks Fay! You will have to say hi to us if you see us around! :wave2: You are living the countdown excitement too. :yay:

Kathy and Mark are awesome!

As much as I lag behind so much with my camera I keep thinking that one day my little travel party will appreciate all the photos. I'm still waiting. :rotfl2:

I'm still on the dreaming side of the Disney at the Holidays trip. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be. :)

Thank you Emma!

Isn't that castle beautiful? And they don't even have the lights on it yet.

I agree! I feel like I'm part of something special when they have to shoo you out of the park late at night!

Hi Andrea! You are here for the good stuff! :) The Castle Suite makes an appearance on day 8. I'm ready to start day 5 soon so with the pace I'm going it may be a little bit. There's another thread on the TR boards that has a family that stayed in the Dream Suite as part of a vacation sweepstakes you may want to check it out as well. (I need to come back and share the link since I'm behind with her TR it called Boo to You and a Dream Suite Too.)

I hope you stick around until then. :goodvibes

Hi Kathy! I'm so very glad those plans include you! I wish Michael would have come as well. Shooting for next June or August though.

We'd be glad to enjoy some rides/attractions after breakfast with you guys. (We used our FP+ reservations at AK for our time in the afternoon over there.) Thanks, we'll take you up on your ride offer. :)

I know Wendy. :sad: I really wish our dates had lined up but you only have a week to go! Super exciting.

Awww thanks about the DL photos!

Hi Tracy!! I'm so glad that you are here and reading! :) Yay, you are part of the KatMark fan club too! That would be nice to run into you as well.

Thanks for reading the dining part of our trips. You definitely shouldn't lack choices at TH. And did you see Mickey waffles and Krispy Kreme?? Yum!

Oh my gosh! You've been in the Dream suite more than once!!!! :worship: That's insane! And you'll never forget any of the details right? It is just so spectacular.

Thanks Phil!

You are TROUBLE Mister! :rolleyes2 Allow me to clarify! I was definitely referring to my dining divas travel party who are women and THEIR men. Rob is taken by Stacey so we can put any other rumors to rest. :rotfl:

7. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Oh darn Courtney! Soooo close! I know you have a couple trips next year so you never know.

8. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

I can never get my O to look right when I try making it. We are down in Disney the 11-16 of Dec.

9. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

So exciting that your trip is so close!! And it's your first time going during the holiday season. I love love love the Dreamlights and all that pizzazz!

Um, can I come along for the Epcot bar crawl? I'm telling you, I would totally fly down for like a day if I could. :lmao:

I'm also loving your super fancy Top Thread banner. :thumbsup2

10. Viva Las Disney

Viva Las Disney DIS Veteran

Finally caught up as well. I'll also be in WDW the first week of December so don't be surprised if a stranger says hi, although with all your great trip reports and pictures I'm guessing that already happens (DIS celebrity), I'm also hoping to get a chance to meet Rob since we have a couple overlapping FP+'s.

I loved your DL intermission pics, I went for the first time last month and every time I see pictures now I just want to go back (already booked for Jan 15th :woohoo:) and take more time to just look around at the details rather than running from ride to ride.

Can't wait for more...

11. Pimama

Pimama Mouseketeer

You are living the life Brenda! I've read through your last report and this one over the last week or so and thoroughly enjoyed them both (thanks to Rob's shout outs on his TR). You and Emily are adorable and I think it's great that you're able to make these special memories.

Looking forward to more!!

12. peachmermaid

peachmermaid Mouseketeer

Sounds like you have some lovely plans!! I wish I could see you guys down there but our bank account would die a little. Whomp whomp.

Love the space mountain shots! Adorable, as always. Christmas time in DL looks so magical!! You are going to love it in wdw. The happiest place on Earth just got happier!

13. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

Part of me kicks myself for not booking Dec this year.... Your plans are making me realize how much I will miss it this year!! I think Disney in December is my absolute favorite :) Luckily we will be there in Jan and back in December 2014 :)

I loved the picture of Em on Space Mountain- she's such a natural beauty! I also like the pictures of her with your friends grand daughter - so sweet :)

Also enjoying all the DL pics! One day when we get out there I'm going to put them all together as a google map of sorts (with the street view!) to help navigate our visit ;)

14. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I have a feeling what you think about the MB's is the same as what I think. ::yes:: And I know what you mean about the luggage tags; I had to call Disney and tell them we needed a couple more.

Ohhhh, and lest I forget.

Congrats on being the thread of the month; It is well deserved.

15. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi!! I always read along, I just haven't posted. If you see us please say Hi and we will do the same.

I really enjoy your dining reviews.

We loved seeing the Suite it is amazing. Bill joked with the Cast Member that his wheelchair quit and we would have to spend the night. She got a good chuckle out of it.

16. nannye

nannye DIS Veteran

Oh I wouldn't read into that TR too much it will remain on the unfinished report list. I will e doing our aug TR from 2013. I just have to find some time to start it!

17. MrsTeddy

MrsTeddy Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your TR! The title caught my eye as I'm reading to prepare and pass time before our next trip! And I just realized our trips overlap! We will be there 12/4-12/11!

I love hearing stories of mother and daughter enjoying Disney together! This is my daughters second trip and her first where she will really understand and interact. You've made me excited about many many years of trips and fun ahead together!

18. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

THREAD OF THE MONTH!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    I honestly can't think of someone more deserving. ::yes:: :lovestruc I even watched the podcast. :goodvibes

Loooove all the pictures of DL, it's so pretty when all the Christmas décor comes out, for some reason WDW overwhelms me when it comes to the holidays, but not DL. We usually went to DL the Monday or tues right after Thanksgiving, it's my old stomping grounds and I loved it when it came to the décor that time of the year. :goodvibes Well, I loved everything about it, but especially the décor for that time of the year. :lovestruc

Em is adorable with the baby. ::yes::

19. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

Looks like you have some amazing plans for your upcoming Dec trip. So looking forward to hearing about all your dismeets. Of course we will have to see who gets started on their TR's first. :)

Looking forward to your next update.

20. blessedmom4

blessedmom4 WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many chi

Erin, Please let me know when you start the new TR please. popcorn::popcorn::

Brenda so excited for your thread of the month honor.

YEA for your December trip and awesome plans! :yay::woohoo::yay:

21. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

I got behind AGAIN, but there's no way I'll let it happen again. Loving your TR as usual!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards