YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

My goodness, people are usually sleeping at 12:32am, not DIS'ing. Guess you're more dedicated than me:thumbsup2

It was nearly midnight and we had time for one more ride and it happened to be The Great Movie Ride with the gangster scene of course. Give me some bank robberies people!!

Me too please!:wave2:

Goodbyes are so hard - especially when there's a plane right there making it

Size 8 ruby red slippers now available

Darn it! I'm a 8 1/2.

I had to give Bo some attention before we left.

I literally just hung my head in shame. This is one of the guys i've been trying to get a picture with for years and knew I had to on this trip. Sadly, the meet did not happen. I guess he's just too good for me:rotfl2:

We said our good-byes to Mr. DDW and hope that perhaps another meet up is in our future! Em and I took the bus back to AKL. We were seated next to two young ladies that were cousins who were very friendly and chatty. One of them was a DVC owner – at 21!! I was impressed.

That is impressive! I'm actually shocked that you're not a DVC member honestly. You go so often and could probably make great use of it!

Nothing newsworthy happened the rest of the evening unless you call watching Conan interesting.

:blush: DH and I are dedicated fans and DVR him every night :lmao:

Great update! Looking forward to your next update :)

Brenda, thanks so much for the shout out! I've got my TR started so swing on by and hopefully I'll get my behind in gear and start cranking out the pictures. It's actually very therapeutic for my post-Disney depression. ;)

I want you to know that I really made an effort to look for Bo (after seeing so many pictures of him from your TRs) when I went to DHS for the conference's private event on Saturday. Alas, Bo was removed since Oscar's Super Service was closed for the event. Was extremely disappointed because I was going to snap a picture of him for you. :goodvibes

Top Thread Shout Out:

Thank you Freesone (Neal) for initially heralding the exciting news that this was the #2 DisBoards thread for September 2013! Considering Jess' Frump Style Trip Report is LEGENDARY and will NEVER be rivaled, I'm honored that anyone would choose to follow along with this report. A huge THANK YOU to all who have chosen to either take a peek, read along, or join in and comment ALL of you are sincerely appreciated. And even to those who accidently clicked on the wrong link, you deserve thanks as well!
….

And then there are all of YOU! I see so many loyal followers from some of my past Dis trip reports and dining reviews and then new readers. I realize I may have missed someone but it is not intentional. Seriously, I didn't want to leave anyone out so you all get honorable mention. I feel like Oprah, you get a shout out, and you get a shout out, you ALL get a shout out!!!

So to the following Disers, a heartfelt THANK YOU once again:
Jmm476 (Jill), Jecskc (Susan), Scottny (Scott), Mrs. Drewsky (Ashley), WDWgirl03 (Sarah), Courtneybelle (Courtney), Jabead (Barb), Rachel09985 (Rachel), DonaldDoleWhip (Mr. DDW!), Vettegirl (Lori), Alysa (yep, Alysa!), MrsB1228 (Carol), Princess_momma (Kimmy), Annie170 (Annie?), Linda67 (Linda, a fellow December Diser), Eandesmom (Cynthia), Blessedmom4 (Judy), Smile4stamps (Paula, another fellow December Diser and someone that I've been able to meet up with several times at DL), Pattiken (Patti), KathyZ (Kathy), WDWaddict, MiaBella05, YCFan (our secret!), MissPotts (Amy), livsmom04 (Charlotte), Deenbrad (Denise), awefullybigadventure, MarDgreen88 (Marissa), Katt789 (Katt future CM!), jediJill (Jill), Francis6306 (Christen), Gin0818, MEK (Mary Ellen), Freesone (Neal & Kathleen the Podcast follower and heralder!), Tallen429 (Trish), Wilma-Bride (Joh another lovely Diser that I've met a couple times), Chattadisser (Christine), Disneyfan61 (Doreen), 2xcited2sleep (Christine), EmilyinDisney (Emily), auntfrannie, foodrocksluver, wiigirl, Lisa29, dtr_angel (Melissa), Peachmermaid (Jennifer another Diser Ive met!), GrumpsWife (Trisha), BringingUpDisney, Carable (Cara), khaleesi, klacey1 (Kylie), SAT887 (Sarah), mom2m&k (Mandy), KristinAnne, Avasmommy526 (Nicole), Littlestinkerbelle,

distripplanner; momabbate (Sandy) a fellow proud military mom, Orangecats2, PlutosRHM55 (Timmy), Viva Las Disney (?sorry if youve said), Crepemyrtle, TriniandBre, lobsterkmd, Queenofallthings (Jacquie), sweetpeaandevie (Raina), Wendyt_ca, TMGosizk (Tina Marie/TM), Humblepie, Millie12591 (Camille a new BFF!), Kel585, uncw89, onejellyshelly, Bab0918, smiths02, fabulousfive, kdkdmac, self_reqing_princz (Becky), syntigger, tinawv, Goofy4prez (Bob), DMGeurts (D~), TheMaxRebo (a dad!), kbarrett, nermel9 (Jen), nfggirl5454, JohnstonMandy, JulieODC, WeatherbySwann (Blake read his Disney blog!!), burly (Kim), DisneyJo (Jo a Dis Moms Panel member and has stayed in the Cinderella Suite!), BraesMom (Crystal), TiggerRN2 (Linda), 25eels (a friend of one of my Dis meet pals), ZehnJahren, Rabbruzzetti, Blessedby3, SundancerUK (Elaine), HollyRose (Holly), princessjv, cajunfan (Lynn), Happy2012, Tinker12, kamickey, LMN, amitrat, Jerzetta, gracer9977, Blessed wth triplets,lovelygirl1975, MNtwinsplus1mom, AGPrincess (Emma), Jedimeg16 (Megan), HBGDancermom, littlenellbell (Kristy), msjprincess, ratherbeinAK, monica23535, style2k7, deedee2177, bsjs0708, princessnpirate, maddiebee, april7901, and MK2010.

Note: My apologies if I messed up a name or user name. It would be a complete oops!

Awe!!! I'm still catching up, but I got a shout-out! Woohoo!! Love your TR's so I'll ALWAYS be here… even if I'm WAY behind at page 42!!! :rotfl:

Back to reading!!!! :surfweb:

About the cowboy scene.....I always wanted the cowboy scene because everyone talks about how much they want to ride it so I WRONGLY assumed it was a whole different set of scenes. Fast forward to our trip last summer with my in-laws - I told them that we were going to wait for the cowboy ride. We waited in an awfully long line to begin with and then waited at the entrance to the ride room for an even longer time just to ride the cowboy side. Ummmm, yeah......they were less than impressed when we realized my mistake. OOPS!

Am I really this far behind on your tr?!?! Oh well, at least I had a good excuse of being on vacation!!

What a wonderful dis meet and half of it by accident, that’s so amazing! Man, a disappointing dinner at the G Flo! I find that some of the meals there are stupendous and some of them are so not good!

Ahahaha, Em’s photo comment sounds like something my friends would say, I’m always stopping for pictures, or something lol! Wow photopass, that is so not good, I hope all of them weren’t like that!

What a great night at DHS, I do have to say, when we got the cowboy scene in Sept I FREAKED out and my Mom had no idea what was going on whatsoever, but she’s used to that when it’s Disney with me lol!

People in my group are also used to me taking tons of pictures. I've actually become quite accustomed to taking pictures while walking, because they refuse to wait for me!

Hahaha, you guys are totally photogenic in your ToT picture. I love it!

I haven't gotten the cowboy scene on the Great Movie Ride in I don't know how long. Forever, we'll just go with that.

YaY!!! Loved the ending of the evening. Beautiful photos!
I can't even remember a time in my life at DHS in the GMR that didn't include a Gangster! :lmao:

You girls stay up late for early risers and late park "stayers". My eyes are usually closing shortly after my head hits the pillow.

So glad that your son made it home safely! May he continue to do so throughout his years of duty! I'm so grateful for his service!

Also, congrats on having your awesome thread being noticed!! I love your tr's so much, so I'm quite happy for you getting this recognition!

AKL CL offerings look so good every time! I am so tempted!

I love AK! Sounds like you guys had such an enjoyable time!

I love your bend and snap cruise picture! That's so funny that's how they posed you!

You never know with those traffic lights at DHS! Depending on who is around depends on if you have to pay attention! While I've never been ticketed for running the stop, I HAVE been ticketed for illegal stroller parking! :upsidedow

Oh, the bend and snap! Works every time, ladies! :cool1:

Loving all your pictures... and that you stop and randomly take them!!!

Your thread is the first I'm catching up on since my return!!

Your DisMeet with Lori looks like lots of fun! Can't wait til December to hang our for more than a few hours!

AK is a fun park with lots to do outside of the rides! I skipped Nemo this trip but its a great show! I even love the bird show!

DHS EMH looked fun as well! I didn't know ToT was a fav of yours! I only ride it if someone pulls me to it lol. I need someone to talk to in line or I get palpitations!

LOL. I have several blu rays that still have the wrapper on them.
Bamboo. I wonder if he is still there or if he left already.
Your Nemo pics are good.
Glad you beat the rain this time.
Dismeet meals are so fun.
HS looks not so crowded. Nice TOT pic.
Great updates and pics.

A nice ride to end your evening (size 8 ruby slippers now available :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:).

I don't think I could stay up until 1:30 a.m. anymore. I hope you gals slept in.

Okay! I'm finally caught up, but it's been so long… I'll just comment on the little I can remember!::yes::

Um… stinks to get bad PP pictures! Seriously! Shouldn't there be someone making sure that the really bad ones are magically gone before you see them!? :confused3

Love your ride photos…

Glad you got some love from Bo! Wouldn't be a day at HS without seeing your sweetheart! :rotfl2:

I've only seen the Gangsta GMR that I remember! I vaguely remember riding it in HS… but… yeah, I have no idea what version I saw back then! :rolleyes1

Joiningin. I have to laugh!

Not only did I not realize you were in The world at the same time as V and I (I was reading old TRof yours and Was not up to date on the present) I did not realize Kristen was in Disney too as. Wasn't up to date on the frump reports either and I'm quite sure I saw both of you more than once and jut thought, familiar face without being able to pin point exactly why/where.

It sounds like you had a great night... Whoa! To bed at 1:30... I hope you were sleeping in? LOL

Oh no... I love ToT... I just have issues riding it at night... It's totally different then. Give me daylight please. :thumbsup2

D~

Thanks! One would hope.... premonition alert!

Definitely night is different!

It looks like you all had a fun evening!

Bo always looks so happy to see you. ::yes::

Hope you and Em have a Happy Halloween!

It was a lot of fun! Certainly that grin on Bo's face doesn't seem to change. ;)

Thanks and I hope that Jonah had a great first Halloween!

I love nighttime in the parks. Plus, as an adult, I'm never out that late so it seems special to be out late.

Great ride photos! Nighttime give all the rides a new perspective.

Christine

I know what you mean about being out late. It makes me feel like a teen who is out after their curfew sometimes! Nonetheless, some of our favorites park times are late at night.

I like the Great Movie Ride but some day I have to get the cowboy scene! I have yet to.
Love the pics throughout the ride! And especially your last pose with Bo. pixiedust:

I think we've only had the cowboy/bank robbery scene once! Hopefully this trip that will happen for you. :)

Thanks Wendy!

Photopass photogs!! Come now, you have everything you need for good photos.

That kid behind Mr. DDW on tower. Nice. Cute photos on aerosmith's coaster too!

Ah, the great movie ride. I love that one. I'm such a nerd, it just never gets old for me. Also, those size 8 ruby slippers...wanna share? :)

PS, I miss the angry bear. I could use one of those super lemon cupcakes, aka the greatest suggestion ever!

Not sure what happened this trip since there were several photos that were just bad. Argh!

Ha ha! He had a look that Sid from Toy Story would have had! Also, that entire back row was pretty funny with covering each others eyes. :laughing:

TGMR recreates such great movies - thus the title! :lmao:

Those lemon cupcakes are some of the best around DL. I got a cupcake today from Marceline's in DTD and it wasn't good at all. Darn. Glad you liked those as well.

Awwww thank you so much Judy! :hug:

Soooo, how did I fall an update behind?????? Oh well, just more to read!!! :)

Haha, for some reason, even though I stop for tons of photos, I still always end up ahead of everyone else. Disney gives me wings I guess.

Hmmm, I'm not sure "free" and "Disney" will ever really go together, but it's a nice thought.

Photopass really seems to be hit or miss. I've seen some wonderful photos and also some less than wonderful photos. I really thought about it for the next trip, but decided to just get the Attractions+ again.

Isn't there just something extra magical about the parks at night? This is why I refuse the whole "half day" park argument. All the parks are an entirely different experience in the day and the night.

It's in the night especially that I am content with just wandering and observing these beautiful Disney parks. Yeah, I like the rides too, but there's just something so peaceful about the parks at night, even if it's crowded.

I am absolutely requesting the Western version of the Great Movie Ride next time. Why is it so hard to get!!?? Somehow they must recognize someone as a Diser as automatically put them in the Gangster car. :confused3

I think it's so great that you have your traditional Bo photo. Now if they'd just put a Stacey out in the parks somewhere... :p

No worries Rob. I seem to recall I overlooked recent updates on your TR! What goes around comes around right? :lmao:

You have a point! I must have been a little delusional for a moment to even imagine free anything other than a celebration button. ;)

The attractions photocard works really well for you since you do EE 19 times and Splash almost as many. ;) Actually, this reminded me that I need to order my photopass card.

One other thing about the parks at night - especially for this upcoming trip... Osborne Lights! I can't wait to see that for the first time! :yay:

I'm going to request that you report back and let us know how your demand for the Western version worked out. It's just so odd that it is so rare.

Ha ha! No doubt if they put "Stacey" in the parks that would be a hit with the men folk. I can see the lines now! :thumbsup2

I love that walk between the Boardwalk and DHS! Your photos are great!
Ahh, the GMR never gets old! Such a must-do! Love the photo of you and Bo-- especially your pink purse! Too cute!

Thanks Kylie! The walk to DHS is definitely nicer at night!

Ah, thanks, looks like I was able to color coordinate with my handbag!

Another great update! Following along and can't wait to read more!

Hi Dee Dee! Thank you for joining in and reading! :) I'm so glad that you are here. :goodvibes

After years and years and more boring years of having the gangster scene in the GMR we struck gold. We were in the park late afternoon for dinner and had time to kill so we decided to hit the GMR. I asked the CM positioned in the doorway that goes to the theater room (is that it's name? that's what I call it :confused3) if they were running both sides. She said they were and to just ask when we got down further.

We ended up having to ask a few different CMs but sure enough we got the bank robbery.

It was like watching a beautiful sunset, like sleeping on clean sheets, like having your husband bring you diamonds. It was a little treat that my mother and I were so grateful for.

So next time you go, ask for it until they get tired of hearing you ask for it.

Ok, I'm taking your advice. I'll keep asking... can we now, can we now, can we now see the Western scene?? I can be a nag so this is easy! ;)

My goodness, people are usually sleeping at 12:32am, not DIS'ing. Guess you're more dedicated than me:thumbsup2

As should I but working from home several days a week I get a little too carried away with updates late at night! Hmm what time is it now??

Me too please!:wave2:

I know, what's up with all the gangsters?

Darn it! I'm a 8 1/2.

Those stripped socks may be available then. ;)

I literally just hung my head in shame. This is one of the guys i've been trying to get a picture with for years and knew I had to on this trip. Sadly, the meet did not happen. I guess he's just too good for me:rotfl2:

The good news is that I don't think Bo is going anywhere. There's always next time.

That is impressive! I'm actually shocked that you're not a DVC member honestly. You go so often and could probably make great use of it!

You would think huh? And shocker, this next trip has not one but two villas. I think I need to buy like 900 points! ;)

:blush: DH and I are dedicated fans and DVR him every night :lmao:

Have you watched the 20th anniversary shows? He's just so hilarious!

Great update! Looking forward to your next update :)

Thanks sweetie! I'm truly glad that you are following along. :goodvibes

Great update! :goodvibes

Thanks wii! :)

Brenda, thanks so much for the shout out! I've got my TR started so swing on by and hopefully I'll get my behind in gear and start cranking out the pictures. It's actually very therapeutic for my post-Disney depression. ;)

I want you to know that I really made an effort to look for Bo (after seeing so many pictures of him from your TRs) when I went to DHS for the conference's private event on Saturday. Alas, Bo was removed since Oscar's Super Service was closed for the event. Was extremely disappointed because I was going to snap a picture of him for you. :goodvibes

No problem Dave! Your TR is already hopping and I've been excited to see so many beautiful photos!

Awwww thanks for even thinking of me and a photo of Bo! Maybe another time that will work out.... say January. ;)

I've only had the bank robbery switch once, and it was years ago.

Hi Megan! See? You are another example of a Diser who has rarely encountered the bank robbery!

I need to get caught up on your report as well.

Awe!!! I'm still catching up, but I got a shout-out! Woohoo!! Love your TR's so I'll ALWAYS be here… even if I'm WAY behind at page 42!!! :rotfl:

Back to reading!!!! :surfweb:

Thanks Christen! And I see that you did some more reading....

About the cowboy scene.....I always wanted the cowboy scene because everyone talks about how much they want to ride it so I WRONGLY assumed it was a whole different set of scenes. Fast forward to our trip last summer with my in-laws - I told them that we were going to wait for the cowboy ride. We waited in an awfully long line to begin with and then waited at the entrance to the ride room for an even longer time just to ride the cowboy side. Ummmm, yeah......they were less than impressed when we realized my mistake. OOPS!

Oh my gosh! That's so funny. At least you knew there was another version. :)

Am I really this far behind on your tr?!?! Oh well, at least I had a good excuse of being on vacation!!

What a wonderful dis meet and half of it by accident, that’s so amazing! Man, a disappointing dinner at the G Flo! I find that some of the meals there are stupendous and some of them are so not good!

Ahahaha, Em’s photo comment sounds like something my friends would say, I’m always stopping for pictures, or something lol! Wow photopass, that is so not good, I hope all of them weren’t like that!

What a great night at DHS, I do have to say, when we got the cowboy scene in Sept I FREAKED out and my Mom had no idea what was going on whatsoever, but she’s used to that when it’s Disney with me lol!

Katt, considering how often you are at WDW I'm going to give you a perpetual pass on being caught up, no problem. The only problem that it creates for me is being able to keep up with your TRs! :rotfl2: I love that you are a park regular though. One day you'll need to come to the West coast and do a DL trip. :thumbsup2

Overall, I'm still a fan of GFC. It's never been so horrid that we won't return.

Em knows the drill, just keep walking, I'll catch up.

Ha ha! I can picture your excitement over getting the bank robbery scene. Glad you mom has learned to not be alarmed by your outbursts! :laughing:

somehow missed your update but I am all caught up again now.

Hi Trish! At least the last two updates were fairly photo heavy so it's easier to get caught up! :)

People in my group are also used to me taking tons of pictures. I've actually become quite accustomed to taking pictures while walking, because they refuse to wait for me!

Hahaha, you guys are totally photogenic in your ToT picture. I love it!

I haven't gotten the cowboy scene on the Great Movie Ride in I don't know how long. Forever, we'll just go with that.

Hi Dani! Definitely a skill you have there! I completely relate.

Thanks! There were some other characters in our ToT photo that were pretty funny!

See? Another Diser whose had the bank robbery scene withheld from them... there's something odd going on here. I definitely need to ask a CM next time.

YaY!!! Loved the ending of the evening. Beautiful photos!
I can't even remember a time in my life at DHS in the GMR that didn't include a Gangster! :lmao:

You girls stay up late for early risers and late park "stayers". My eyes are usually closing shortly after my head hits the pillow.

Thanks Linda! I'm starting to think that the bank robbery scene is such a rare occurrence that the entire car should shout in delight when they don't stop for the gangsters.

Yeah, I think we ascribe to the no sleep in Disney motto. By the end of the trip I'm beat and I think it shows.

Awesome updates! Can't read to hear more!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks Charlotte! More soon.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter