YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

OK, am I being terribly English here .... Bend and snap?? - what the devil does that mean?

It's from the movie "Legally Blonde". Basically, the smart and pretty college co-ed coached the shy manicurist at the beauty salon on how to get the attention of the UPS delivery guy who the manicurist had a crush on. My description doesn't do the movie clip justice, I'm afraid.

Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUQQPz9vFo

Another great DISmeet! I loved the GFC when we ate there 2 years ago, definitely can't wait to go back. Sounds like the perfect evening.

I love the cruise pictures :rotfl2: bend and snap, oh my goodness!

How do I get so far behind!?! :confused3 I enjoyed the AK pics, but :love::love: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE :love::love: the Cruise ship poses...You and Em are so photogenic I just LOVE your pics together. :goodvibes

What a fun DISdining experience. Even if the food and service weren't right, clearly the company was!

Your cruise pose pictures crack me up!

Yes, clearly! :) I felt really blessed to dine with these great people!

Sad to say we have a bigger collection of the cheesy poses rather than the silly ones which are way more fun.

My daughter will be glad to hear this. She is the one who really wanted to go to the AKL and with a little hesitation, since I allowed the choice to be hers, we booked the AKL-CL. Now after a couple of months having booked it I am really looking forward to it and your TR has fueled the enthusiasm!

As for where we are staying in just30 days? :cool1: We are staying at the WL CL. This is my favorite resort so far, but then again I have only stayed at the YC CL and WL CL. I originally was going to stay at the CSR and after a couple of months I changed our plans and booked the WL. Since WDW is going to be all decked out in Christmas décor, I just had to stay a the WL.

I'm such a goof! Your signature has your countdown/ticker right there with your resort. Doh! (Thank you for being too kind to point that out! :p) But the exciting part is that you will be there in 30 days!!

OK, am I being terribly English here .... Bend and snap?? - what the devil does that mean?

I see KathyZ has weighed in and has a link to the movie scene. Here's a visual preview!

the-bend-and-snap-o1.gif

You were picturing all manner of sinister things right? ;)

It's from the movie "Legally Blonde". Basically, the smart and pretty college co-ed coached the shy manicurist at the beauty salon on how to get the attention of the UPS delivery guy who the manicurist had a crush on. My description doesn't do the movie clip justice, I'm afraid.

Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUQQPz9vFo

Thank you Kathy!! You did a great job giving the synopsis! That is such a fun scene!

Another great DISmeet! I loved the GFC when we ate there 2 years ago, definitely can't wait to go back. Sounds like the perfect evening.

I love the cruise pictures :rotfl2: bend and snap, oh my goodness!

Hi Melissa! I was glad to spend time with these lovely people! And the GF is such a beautiful place to hang out. :)

At least is wasn't bend and crack my back!

How do I get so far behind!?! :confused3 I enjoyed the AK pics, but :love::love: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE :love::love: the Cruise ship poses...You and Em are so photogenic I just LOVE your pics together. :goodvibes

Hi Judy!! No worries, I'm just excited every time I see you drop by!! I'm so very grateful that you take the time to read since I know your life is so very busy. Honestly, thank you!! :hug:

You are very sweet. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Monday August 19, 2013: Day 4, Part 4

This will be a photo heavy update...Sometimes less said is better. ;)

Following our Dismeet dinner, Mr. DDW, Em and I decided to head to DHS for a couple hours for EMH. Taking the walkway from YC allowed us to enjoy a late night stroll or more specifically, allowed me to take a few photos along the way. Poor Mr. DDW was so polite and paused whenever I stopped to take a photo. Em kept walking and called back, “just keep walking, she always does this. She’ll catch up.” Exactly! Just keep swimming…

DSCN4534.jpg

I'm already falling behind
DSCN4539.jpg

DSCN4554.jpg

The Monster U topiary, still there, but this time with spotlights.
DSCN4560.jpg

Once inside the park we posed for a few photos…

DSCN4566.jpg

And here's an example of a Photopass photo that was worse than my amateur skills. Come on Disney, I pay you for these!
Photo0076FourBySix.jpg

Let's try this again and see how it turned out...
Photo0077FourBySix.jpg

You're not required to pay attention to these things right?
DSCN4569.jpg

More photos walking down Sunset Blvd. And when they say "everything for the film fan" does that include a free box of popcorn::??

DSCN4572.jpg

Any guesses where we're headed?
DSCN4577.jpg

Wow, that one was hard! Yes, my favorite ride, ToT, had a short wait. While we were in the hotel library for the pre-show Em spied with her own little eyes a gadget from one of the original Twilight Zone episodes. In particular, the one with William Shatner and the “mystic seer” fortune telling machine. Assuming a replica of the “mystic seer” machine is on a ledge in the room. I took a photo but it’s not very clear since I was in a hurry to exit the room. Interesting nonetheless.

DSCN4596.jpg

DSCN4635.jpg

DSCN4611.jpg

Here’s our ride photo:
Photo0078FourBySix.jpg

Here's the cropped monitor version:
DSCN4609.jpg

RnRC had a long stand-by wait so we hopped in the single rider line that took about 20 minutes.

DSCN4614.jpg

DSCN4628.jpg

Yeah, the 101 Freeway in downtown LA is always jammed so this ride is completely unrealistic. Shatters all of my illusions.

DSCN4629.jpg

Here’s our ride photos:
Photo0081FourBySix.jpg

Photo0082FourBySix.jpg

I think they were ready to send me packing on the next bus about this time... so many pauses for photos. We could be riding the rides!!

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4641.jpg

Continued Next Post

Wow, thanks for the great photos. The walkway from Boardwalk to HS is so nice at night. Is there any ride better themed than ToT. I don't think so.

Oooh - what a fun night! I loved all of the photos!

There is just something so special about the parks at night, it is my favorite time to be there!

A little unrelated - One thing I didn't realize before someone mentioned it recently (I think it was Nini)... During our March 2012 trip, we did two evenings in AK - when it was dark. It never occured to me at the time, but how RARE is it to be in AK in the dark? It's quite rare that their hours are late enough and it gets dark early enough. There was no way to see it in the dark on our Aug trip... The other parks - it's fairly easy to do... But I thought it was an interesting tid-bit. :thumbsup2

I just love being in the parks at night - the atmosphere is so awesome and all of the lights make it feel like Christmas.

How awesome that you were able to ride ToT at night (did it once, no thank you for twice)...

D~

The beach club looks so pretty at night. Can't blame you for pausing to take pics.

I think I may have to put riding on the Tot at night on my disney bucket list. It looks so cool at night.

The Mystic Seer machine could possibly be the original from the show. Mr. Drewsky informed me the imagineers were able to put quite a few original props from the show in the library.

Even though the PP pictures are a little shoddy :confused3 ...you're pictures are great! That first photo is particularly beautiful, I think!

Love the night photos it reminds me of Las Vegas at night where I grew up! nastalga gets you every time

I love all your studios pictures! It;s my favorite night time park, it's just so stunning!

Kudos to Em for looking at the items in the library (I've spotted that item many times, he's actually in both libraries). My fiance and dad always laugh at me because I don't watch the pre-show anymore. I'm too busy looking at all the neat stuff in there. We once spotted some books written in the alien language used in To Serve Man. And I spotted the most beautiful antique vase up above that had ornate beading on it.

loved all the night photos! Where was that Monsters U topiary at along your walk? I've had some PP from HS turn out that way at night, maybe it's the lighting? I think I've also had a few duds during the day as well. Maybe it's the photographers! Your pictures are always great.

Brenda, what a fun evening at the Studios with Mr. DDW. Don't worry...Mark is ALWAYS behind me.

I love the photos on the TOT and Rock & Roll. We must do some rides together the next time we are there at the same time.

I love your pink skirt Brenda! :thumbsup2 How fun to sneak into DHS for awhile. Tower of Terror would have to be my first ride as well. Good choice!

You are so cute in pink, I knew we're becoming new BFF's for a reason. :goodvibes

Well, you cinched it, I'm convinced more than ever that I need to try GFcafe, even if it's to see how awful it can be, but out of pocket. :rotfl:
I've wanted to try it for a while now, but just keep seeing lack luster reviews. I am wanting to try that burger though! :laughing: I'm a sucker for a good burger, not just any burger but a good one.
Lucky for me the new In and Out will be down the street from me here in a few more months, I'll never be tempted other than by their fries. :rotfl:

I know, I know, that's sacrilege to say something like, especially to a southern Californian. :rotfl: Just ask my hubby. :rolleyes:

I do however love their prices, can't beat In and Out prices. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more pics of your night life in MGM studios. :upsidedow

Oooh, you have entered a favorite park for rides. Beautiful night photos in DHS!! Can't wait to read more of your adventures.

Loving the cruise style photos - too funny :rotfl2: BTW you can easily pass for sisters!!!

What a fun evening you're having, I think your photos are lovely :)

great pictures - I agree that yours are way better than the photopass ones

There are so many neat things in the TOT - even just as you are pulling back to the elevator entrance/exit at the end of the ride, if you look off to the right (the way your car came from) there are a bunch of neat artifacts there too - saw this weird, creepy doll the last time we went

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter