WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2

Since I missed by normal WW meeting yesterday I went this morning to weigh in. I maintained this week. I'm not sure why because I did stay on program but I realize that these things happen. I hope to be a big loser next week. :goodvibes

:grouphug: It is hard not to see the scale move, especially when we have an OP week. The bright side is that you didn't have a gain and hopefully this week you will see a big loss.

wezee said:
weighin update.... -2 lbs. as of this morning!

:banana: WOO HOO!!!:banana: Congrats to you!

bucci818 said:
Thanks! How are you doing with the core? Just keep going, it may make a difference yet!

It is going okay. I "weigh in" tomorrow morning, so we will see. I feel like I am eating better and I feel good, but I do find I am hungry a lot of the times. I think I am just not adjusted to this different way of eating and not weighing and measuring and going by being full. I will have to report to see what I have lost this week. Thanks for asking.

mikamah said:
Tiggerlover- Hope core is working well for you. I hear you on the bread thing. I think that's why I never have tried core. Plus I eat too many of the convenience type foods that aren't on core.

I had a gain of 1.6, after my post vacation loss of 1, so I'm thinking all that good eating, and mickey bars just didn't show up last week. I'm still exercising and just got the Dancing with the stars exercise dvd, and the past 2 mornings, have been soaked with sweat by the end. I must look like a total idiot, but it's fun trying to learn the dances. I'm journalling again, and with the good weather, got out on my bike wednesday, and hope to do lots of yard work this weekend.

Mik, that is what I thought too, but the thing about Core is it almost forces you to eat better. I was a huge convenience gal and you all know my love of bread, but by trying the Core I am definitely eating better and more balanced and I am more conscience of what I am eating. I can doing Core a couple of weeks at a time and then switching to flex here and there, just to keep changing things up and also so that I know there are foods that I may have to restrict for a two or three week period, but then I can enjoy them (in moderation) when I switch back to flex. I am just test driving this whole concept for now, we will see how it works over the long haul.

Sorry to hear the scale wasn't so kind, but glad to hear you are still at it and moving forward! Attitude is half of the battle and as cepmom said, you have a great attitude!:grouphug:

Grumpy's Wife said:
OK, I just have to share my excitement with somebody. I just got home from shopping and I bought a size smaller pants. Oh, and it felt so good.

You have every reason to celebrate, that is such a wonderful feeling!!! Congrats on the smaller size....enjoy your new clothes.

After many months of procrastinating and skating around the whole Core program there was something that was said at my WW meeting before last that finally pushed me to make the switch. (That along with the fact I was in danger of exceeding the 2 lbs cushion for lifetime members). This morning was my weigh in after the first week of Core and I was sweetly rewarded when the scale showed a 3.8 pound loss!:woohoo: I have not seen a loss like that in a week in probably a year (I am going to check my member book just to be sure).

While I am sitting here silently congratulating myself and praising the ways of Core I still wonder how I can fit this into my life. I don't think I can be a Core girl through and through, but I am toying with the idea of doing a few weeks Core with a few weeks Flex, that I think I could live with, but I would have to experiement to see if it would work for my life.

After climbing above the 2 pound cushion for lifetime, panic made me change gears (along with the meeting I mentioned above) and now that I am under goal I would still like to loose a couple of more pounds and be done with losing and just start maintaining. I would really in my heart of hearts like to lose 9 more pounds, but that would require me to buy all new clothes (again) and I just don't have the resources for that, so another 4 pound would make me happy. So we will see.

I am not sure why I stayed away from Core for so long, I have been toying with the idea for over 4 months now, but I am so glad that I tried it. Only time will tell how it works over the long haul.

Onward and downward we go! I hope everyone has a beautiful OP weekend.

This morning was my weigh in after the first week of Core and I was sweetly rewarded when the scale showed a 3.8 pound loss!:woohoo: I have not seen a loss like that in a week in probably a year (I am going to check my member book just to be sure).

That's awesome! Congrats on a great loss.

After many months of procrastinating and skating around the whole Core program there was something that was said at my WW meeting before last that finally pushed me to make the switch. (That along with the fact I was in danger of exceeding the 2 lbs cushion for lifetime members). This morning was my weigh in after the first week of Core and I was sweetly rewarded when the scale showed a 3.8 pound loss!:woohoo: I have not seen a loss like that in a week in probably a year (I am going to check my member book just to be sure).

While I am sitting here silently congratulating myself and praising the ways of Core I still wonder how I can fit this into my life. I don't think I can be a Core girl through and through, but I am toying with the idea of doing a few weeks Core with a few weeks Flex, that I think I could live with, but I would have to experiement to see if it would work for my life.

After climbing above the 2 pound cushion for lifetime, panic made me change gears (along with the meeting I mentioned above) and now that I am under goal I would still like to loose a couple of more pounds and be done with losing and just start maintaining. I would really in my heart of hearts like to lose 9 more pounds, but that would require me to buy all new clothes (again) and I just don't have the resources for that, so another 4 pound would make me happy. So we will see.

I am not sure why I stayed away from Core for so long, I have been toying with the idea for over 4 months now, but I am so glad that I tried it. Only time will tell how it works over the long haul.

Whoo hoo!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: That is so wonderful. You and bucci have me thinking I should give core a try. Sounds like it really works. It is a big commitment, and I know exactly what you mean when you say it would be hard to do all the time. Congratulations Debbi.

:banana: :banana: That is AWESOME!!!!!!:banana: :banana:
I can't believe we lost the same amount on our first week on Core.:laughing: It is hard for me too. I LOVE bread. This morning I wanted something, so I used a point for a light English Muffin to eat with my egg beaters. I'm sure you will find what works best for you. Good luck for the next week!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Tiggerlover....that's an awesome weight loss!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 Congratulations!

I may have to take another look at Core....the past couple of weeks I have been eating too many convenience foods. Not gaining, but I am afraid it is going to catch up with me. I really need to refocus on eating whole foods instead of packaged stuff, even if they are "flex friendly"

Thanks everyone!

Kathy, I literally have been saying I should try Core since December. There are a few members of my WW group that follow it with great results. One of our members who does Core has lost over 30 pounds since the fall, she is one of the ones that got me thinking about it. Then two more of my flex buddies changes, although they haven't been as successful as they have fallen off the ice cream truck a few times in the weeks they were doing it. I have to say if you stick to it, it works. And although I whine about not eating the bread, it really isn't all THAT bad, but like I said before I couldn't do it forever. So maybe changing it up will be my answer.

bucci, good for you for eating the bread! According to my leader that is exactly what we need to do from time to time. Another thing I was poo-pooing about was sushi, I LOVE sushi and on Core it is harder to eat because you have to account for the rice and sauces. My leader told me if you get sushi with brown rice it counts as Core.....so guess what I had for lunch today!:cloud9:

cepmom, that was one of my main reasons for trying Core and it really makes a difference.

I am off to go lay on my couch, I have been on the run all day and just spent the last 4 hours in the garden.....I am pooped. Have a great night everyone.

Thanks everyone!

bucci, good for you for eating the bread! According to my leader that is exactly what we need to do from time to time. Another thing I was poo-pooing about was sushi, I LOVE sushi and on Core it is harder to eat because you have to account for the rice and sauces. My leader told me if you get sushi with brown rice it counts as Core.....so guess what I had for lunch today!:cloud9:

Sushi with brown rice is core........YES:woohoo: I LOVE sushi! :cloud9:

Wezee, Tiggerlover and Grumpy'sWife....Congratulations!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: mikamah.... that is not a bad gain after a Disney vacation! I have also noticed that sometimes when I weigh in, the results are a week behind :confused3

Sorry this is a little late....things have been crazy!

I gained 1.2 this week :confused3 I'm thinking and hoping it's because I stopped breastfeeding this week (sorry if that's TMI). I exercised and mostly stuck to program. I just ate a little too much one or two days of the Whitman's WW candy and Snackwell's cookies. I really felt like I should have had a small (under 1 lb) loss based on how I did. Even though I think that's the reason why, it's still frustrating. I'm trying really hard this week. It's going to be challenging though because my Granny and Papaw are taking me to breakfast on Monday and then I'm going to Beef & Boards (a dinner theater buffet) on Thursday, so that will take up a lot of points. I'm trying to save my weekly flex points for those things. So far I haven't used any. DH and I even went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner last night and I did very well. I counted out chips from the basket that I wanted to eat and put them on a napkin so I wouldn't keep eating out of the basket and not know how much I ate. Then, I stopped with half a bean burrito left because I was satisfied...it killed me to leave it though! I'm one of those people who feels I should eat it if it's there, even if I'm full! So, I was proud of myself :goodvibes Hopefully I will have better news for you next week!

Have a great week everyone!

OK, I just have to share my excitement with somebody. I just got home from shopping and I bought a size smaller pants.:woohoo: Oh, and it felt so good.

Yay for you!!

Yays to tiggermom too!!

I weighed in tonight and was pleased to have a 5.5 loss over the last two weeks. I've been exercising alot. The last time I did that, I gained, and it sent me into an eating spiral, so I am happy that this time the exercise seems to be working.

Weighed in this am, and am down .6 this week. Not a big loss, but it's a loss! :goodvibes

Any loss is a good loss because it isn't a gain. ;) So congrats on your .6 loss
this week.

-----------------------------------------------------

:grouphug:Marshmelo. Stopping breastfeeding is a huge change, so that could definitely be the reason for the gain. I know when I stopped BF my son (many moons ago) the weight came on quickly as I really wasn't aware how much of what I had been eating went to my DS. Have you talked to your WW leader about the transition? I know you lose points when you aren't nursing so maybe you need to make some adjustments.

Yay for you!!

Yays to tiggermom too!!

I weighed in tonight and was pleased to have a 5.5 loss over the last two weeks. I've been exercising alot. The last time I did that, I gained, and it sent me into an eating spiral, so I am happy that this time the exercise seems to be working.

Wow...congrats.....I just started a new excercise program and as of this morning I have gained 2 lbs. I'm glad I have till Friday for weighin. Your success gives me the incentive to keep up the workouts.:thumbsup2

Yay for you!!

Yays to tiggermom too!!

That's a great loss for two weeks. Keep up the good work.
9.gif

Wow...congrats.....I just started a new excercise program and as of this morning I have gained 2 lbs. I'm glad I have till Friday for weighin. Your success gives me the incentive to keep up the workouts.:thumbsup2

That might just be water weight. Stick with the exercise because we all know it really works. Drink plenty of water and you'll probably see a loss by Friday. You still have three days to go. :hug:

Wezee, Tiggerlover and Grumpy'sWife....Congratulations!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: mikamah.... that is not a bad gain after a Disney vacation! I have also noticed that sometimes when I weigh in, the results are a week behind :confused3

Sorry this is a little late....things have been crazy!

I gained 1.2 this week :confused3 I'm thinking and hoping it's because I stopped breastfeeding this week (sorry if that's TMI). I exercised and mostly stuck to program. I just ate a little too much one or two days of the Whitman's WW candy and Snackwell's cookies. I really felt like I should have had a small (under 1 lb) loss based on how I did. Even though I think that's the reason why, it's still frustrating. I'm trying really hard this week. It's going to be challenging though because my Granny and Papaw are taking me to breakfast on Monday and then I'm going to Beef & Boards (a dinner theater buffet) on Thursday, so that will take up a lot of points. I'm trying to save my weekly flex points for those things. So far I haven't used any. DH and I even went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner last night and I did very well. I counted out chips from the basket that I wanted to eat and put them on a napkin so I wouldn't keep eating out of the basket and not know how much I ate. Then, I stopped with half a bean burrito left because I was satisfied...it killed me to leave it though! I'm one of those people who feels I should eat it if it's there, even if I'm full! So, I was proud of myself :goodvibes Hopefully I will have better news for you next week!

Have a great week everyone!

yeah, maybe your body is just readjusting after stopping BF'ing. I'm sure the weight loss will catch up with you next time. Great job for doing so well staying OP this week! You should be proud!

Weighed in this am, and am down .6 this week. Not a big loss, but it's a loss! :goodvibes

I rememeber when I had my first .6 loss...I was so mad!! But now I realize that any loss is a good loss because it's not a gain :laughing: great job!

OK, I just have to share my excitement with somebody. I just got home from shopping and I bought a size smaller pants.:woohoo: Oh, and it felt so good.

Congrats!! Isn't that the best feeling ever??? I love trying on pants now when I used to avoid it like the plague.
Yay for you!!

Yays to tiggermom too!!

wow! great loss! keep it up! :cheer2:

just keep at what you're doing and keep drinking lots of water. I had to stop weighing at home...the scale fluctuated so much it made me crazy. Now I only weigh in at meetings because I couldn't handle the stress! :headache:

:banana: Yippee! That is a great two week loss. I was anti-exercise for a long time and did manage to lose weight, it was amazing how much more I lost once I did start exercising. Exercise is key to my maintainence now, wish I had discovered that sooner. Keep up the great work.

--------------------------------------

Wezee, hang in there, as cepmom and Grumpy's mom said, keep up with the water and the exercise, you know it is good for you. Also evaluate what you are eating, our body needs fuel to burn fuel so if you are exercising a lot as silly as it sounds, you may need to eat a little more. If you are exercising too much and not eating enough your body is going to hang on to any fat and fluid it can because it feels like it is going into starvation mode.

On a side note, I was going through my favorites and came across this website with a ton of WW recipes that I bookmarked ages ago. I thought it was worth sharing again, though I can't vouch for any of the recipes, I do intend to check some of them out when I have time.

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Mom2two31064/

On a side note, I was going through my favorites and came across this website with a ton of WW recipes that I bookmarked ages ago. I thought it was worth sharing again, though I can't vouch for any of the recipes, I do intend to check some of them out when I have time.

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Mom2two31064/

Thanks for the site. I can't wait to try some of those recipes.

I'm down 2.0 pounds this week.
6.gif
Last week I maintained so I'm very happy to see the scale move again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter