WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2

Thank you so much to all of you for the support and encouragement! It is so nice to have another place to come for support. I am going to weigh in tonight, and will let you know the results tonight or tomorrow. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it is :confused3

Congratulations to all the losers and newcomers! :cheer2:

Help! I feel like such a failure :guilty: I'm only on week 2 after losing 3.4 lbs. last week. The weekend really got me.

We have all been there, so you aren't a failure. Heck, I ate a whole pack of crackers last night before I even realized what I did, and that isn't even my most embarassing "diet Moment".

I would recogmend just going to weigh-in and just remember that it is a process and that you can always begin again at the next meal.

thanks everyone... i have a LONG way to go, but i'll get there - eventually... :)

Thats the spirit, but my WW Leader told us to celebrate today, and not to think of it as a LONG way to go. Celebrate what you accomplished already, and it will be quicker and easier that way.

Well, I weighed in last night and actually LOST 3 lbs! :cheer2: I was amazed. I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought. Somehow I must have managed to still be aware of what/how much I was eating even though I didn't write down and count points all weekend :confused3 I'm so happy. All that worry makes me never want to do that again!

Well, I weighed in last night and actually LOST 3 lbs! :cheer2: I was amazed. I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought. Somehow I must have managed to still be aware of what/how much I was eating even though I didn't write down and count points all weekend :confused3 I'm so happy. All that worry makes me never want to do that again!

:woohoo: that's awesome!! The same thing has happened to me...I eat all kinds of bad stuff, then worry all week until weigh in only to find I actually have lost weight! Funny how that happens huh?

:welcome: great job on your weight loss so far...that is awesome! This thread has also been a huge inspiration to me. I love that your whole family is on WW now...I'm sure that makes it so much better having that support all around you. Me? I have a DH that brings a big bag of Reeses and Kit Kats in the house and leaves right in the front of the fridge for me to see everytime I get a drink of water :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I would hide them on him, so he learns his lesson LOL:thumbsup2

I have been on the WW main. plan (points) for about 2 1/2 yrs. after losing 52 lbs. Lately, I have had a few lbs. creep back on...5 to be exact....and would love to join your group . I could really us some motivation .
As of this morning 1 weigh 143. I would like to lose an initial 5 lbs ( 138 was the weight I maintained for 2 yrs.). My ultimate goal is to weigh 132 by Sept, since DH and I are going to WDW on the deluxe dining plan. I think I need a buffer-zone....the DxDpp scares the crap out of me.

I have been on the WW main. plan (points) for about 2 1/2 yrs. after losing 52 lbs. Lately, I have had a few lbs. creep back on...5 to be exact....and would love to join your group . I could really us some motivation .
As of this morning 1 weigh 143. I would like to lose an initial 5 lbs ( 138 was the weight I maintained for 2 yrs.). My ultimate goal is to weigh 132 by Sept, since DH and I are going to WDW on the deluxe dining plan. I think I need a buffer-zone....the DxDpp scares the crap out of me.

Yeah the Deluxe is ALOT of food. But you can do it. Go, go, go.

I'm hoping the DxDpp turns out to be a blessing. We have ADRs for all TS and Signatures....so maybe it will keep me away from the fast food junk. Now, if I could just avoid those dang Lemon Citron Slushes in France!!!

First Marshmelo....GREAT JOB!!:woohoo: That is wonderful. I started the core on Wednesday, and I'm noticing a difference in me.....I'm more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, and I don't want to waste the 35 points for the week on just anything. Hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again. Second...wezee, I'm going to Disney in December on the Deluxe Plan too. We are doing breakfast everyday (scared of those buffets!!:scared1: ) and some 2TS meals at night. I think I have it worked out that we only eat at maybe 2 CS the whole trip. But, I'm going with menus in hand, so I know way before I get there what to order. In this journey, it's best to have a good game plan!:) Now, how do I avoid those Mickey Ice Cream Bars??:mickeybar :laughing:

Believe it or not...I have never had a mickey ice cream bar.:confused3
With the DxDpp...at least I can order salads with each meal. I have also looked over the menus and think I can be "good" most days. A big plus is all the walking we will be doing at WDW. Last trip, we averaged 6-9 miles a day. If I can hit my weight goal before our trip......I want to stop at Goofys Candy Co. for one of those yummy build-your-own mickey bars.

I need some WW tips, tho.....I have been really trying to keep track of my ww pts. for the last couple of weeks....I lost 2 lbs. last week, then gained 1 lb. this week. My mom (also a ww alumni) said I was cutting my pts. too low and over doing on my excercise ball. She thinks I have pushed my body into starvation mode. WW says I should be at 18 pts a day to lose and 22 pts to maintain. I am trying to keep my pts at 17-18...she thinks that is too low. And she thinks I should cut back on my workouts and add more cardio. I would greatly appreciate any input.
I'm kind of baffled...in the past..if I gained a few pounds I just stuck to my pts. and within a few days they were gone. Now, after recently celebrating my 49th birthday...I seem to be playing the lose 1 lb and gain 2 lb game.
I'm not looking for a quick fix....just a new game plan. :confused3

I was a lurker on the old WW post because it took me so long to read all of the posts. I have reading everyone’s success and progress has been a huge inspiration to me. I have been on WW since Jan 5, and so far I have lost a total of -24.4 lbs., I still have a decent way to go but I know this is a life long journey so I am not rushing it. I weigh in on Saturday mornings, my DH and whole family is on WW. It started out as DH, Mom, and me, but the rest of the family has jumped on board so it makes it much easier with family get together and functions.

I look forward to share my journey with all of you.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date, you are doing wonderful! I think it is great that your whole family is on program, how great it is to have a built-in support system. So glad you have joined us on the WW thread, :welcome:
----------------------------------------------

Welcome back, Mik!!! I hope you had a fantastic trip!! I am so proud of you for coming back and losing a pound, the last time I went I came back with 3 extra pounds, so kudos!!

Marshmelo, 3 pounds in a week....woo hoo hoo!!!:banana:

I am so glad that you had a loss, but even if you didn't, it is important to weigh in no matter what you feel the scale will say. I feel in order for us to be successful we have to be accountable for our actions, when we eat well, we will be rewarded, when we do not eat so well we will see it on the scale and know we need to do better.

I would recogmend just going to weigh-in and just remember that it is a process and that you can always begin again at the next meal.

Well said, I<3EvilQueen!

wezee, :welcome: to the group! I have to say once I hit 40 I find it twice as hard to lose the weight that I used to be able to lose before, must be the ole metabolism slowing down. It sounds like your mom has good advice. If you are exercising a lot you should be adding points to your day. Your body needs fuel to run and the way you fuel your body is to feed it. It really sounds like you are starving your body. I've suggested this before, but try adding some points for one week, if you don't see a difference than you can change to something else, but I suspect you may see the scale moving.

Good luck on your journey!

bucci818, after being a long-time flex person I am going to attempt to start Core tomorrow. I am going to give it a try for a week and see how it goes. I am just nervous about not tracking and eating unlimited amounts of the Core foods, but I am going to try. Sounds like you are reaping the benefits so far, I hope to follow right behind you.

Wezee.....:mickeybar You've never had a Mickey Ice Cream bar????:confused: They are the best. I try to have one each trip. This time I'll ask for the wrapper to figure out the points and work it in on a day when I eat really light!. :yay:
Tiggerlover: I'm starting to really get the hand at the core. If your worried, do what my leader suggested......weigh and measure the core foods like your still doing the flex plan. This way, your eating healthier, but still in portion control. She calls it the Flore Plan. I find that I'm not craving all the carbs (pretzels, crackers, bread) that I was eating to much of. Hopefully it will show up on the scale on Wednesday morning.:) Good luck with it!:goodvibes :hug:

I wanted to come and say hello.

I joined (or rejoined) Weight Watchers early March. Today was my weigh in and I lost 2.6 pounds bringing my total to 10 pounds lost -- and today is my birthday!

I've still got a ways to go to get to goal but I'm happy with my progress. I'm going to stick with it. My 13 year old daughter is trying to follow the plan to eat healthier and lose a couple of pounds.

Congratulation to everyone on their loss.

I joined (or rejoined) Weight Watchers early March. Today was my weigh in and I lost 2.6 pounds bringing my total to 10 pounds lost -- and today is my birthday!

I've still got a ways to go to get to goal but I'm happy with my progress. I'm going to stick with it. My 13 year old daughter is trying to follow the plan to eat healthier and lose a couple of pounds.

13.gif
Happy Birthday and welcome to the thread. Congrats on the 2.6 weight loss this week. Do you have any special plans for your birthday?

Wezee.....:mickeybar You've never had a Mickey Ice Cream bar????:confused: They are the best. I try to have one each trip. This time I'll ask for the wrapper to figure out the points and work it in on a day when I eat really light!. :yay:
Tiggerlover: I'm starting to really get the hand at the core. If your worried, do what my leader suggested......weigh and measure the core foods like your still doing the flex plan. This way, your eating healthier, but still in portion control. She calls it the Flore Plan. I find that I'm not craving all the carbs (pretzels, crackers, bread) that I was eating to much of. Hopefully it will show up on the scale on Wednesday morning.:) Good luck with it!:goodvibes :hug:

I confess, I have never had a Mickey bar either. :eek:

It is nice to hear that you are starting out on Core and getting the hang of it so quickly, that is encouraging. Yesterday was a part day test drive on Core for me and I totally blew it when it came to lunch time and the bread (I love bread!). Today is the first official day on Core and it is 4pm and I haven't had any bread.....that is a miracle in itslef. Although I have only measured a few things, I am still writing it all down, just to see. It is more of a challenge for me coming up with things to eat because I love the starchy foods. For breakfast I had 1/2 c. of Egg Beaters, with a small slice of canadian bacon and a sliced tomato on the side. At 10:30 I was hungry so I had 1/3 cup of Fiber One cereal with 1/2 cup of skim milk. Then for lunch at around 12:45 I was very hungry so I had some skinless rotisserie chicken, a salad with fat free dressing and watermelon. I do admit that this afternoon I did use 2 flex points, I had a sugar free pudding for 1 point and I had a great 1 point trail mix (*). So far so good, I think. Tonight we are grilling a pork loin with baked potatoes and a vegetable, so I guess time will tell. I'm curious, what to you typically eat in a day? I am thinking that I could do this for a couple of weeks a month and then switch to a flex week when need be, but I am not sure if that will work yet.

-------------------------------------------------------

(*)On a side note, I wanted to share, my WW leader told us about this trail mix that was yummy and only 1 point. She mixes them in little ziploc and keeps them in her car for the moments you need a snack. This makes four 1 point packages.

1-1/3 cups Fiber One cereal (original)
1/4 cup dried mixed berries
12 whole almonds, cut in half

Divide all ingedients into 4 equal portions and place in individual ziploc baggies.

Simple and delicious and full of fiber.

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Congratulations on your 10 pound weight loss to date, that is great for roughly 5 weeks. Keep up the great work!

Don't worry about the bread. Count it towards the 35 points for the week. Me, I LOVE the FiberOne Bars. Have one a day. 2pts per. But, that's my treat for the end of the day. This morning I had egg betters scrambled with mushrooms. I think I had more mushrooms than egg beaters, but it filled me up (along with my coffee with skim milk!);) During the week, I have oatmeal. I cook it on the stove, and I add, sugar sub and pumpkin spice. Comes out pretty good, and fills me up. Lunch, I had spinach with beans and salmon. Sounds gross I know, but came out pretty good. I cooked it up in a pan and I have enough for two more lunches. Yesterday I had leftover barley, veg and chicken. I try to pick things that will fill me up for a long time. I usually have a snack in the afternoon. I have coffe, and when I'm almost done, I dump a 1/2c Fiber One in the mug. That will hold me off till dinner. I also cut up a melon and pineapple and have that in the fridge for something sweet. I can eat carbs all day too. I tried Atkins, but I want PASTA!!! Also, I looked up pudding.....fat free, sugar free pudding is considered a core food and counts toward your milk servings. So, if the pudding you ate was fat free too, don't use any of your points!!:cool1: Thanks for the trail mix info! Can't wait to try it.

Thanks everyone! This weekend has gone much better. I have counted points all weekend long and not had any problems. I got Arby's for dinner Friday and got the market fresh BLT, which is 19 pts!! :eek: but it was good, and I counted it. So, I told my DH we had to go eat at Applebee's for our weekend restaurant visit. I got the WW grilled chicken portobello sandwich and a salad with FF dressing. The sandwich was ok, but I think it would be better with some light mayo instead of that marinara.

Speaking of trail mix and bars, have you tried the Nature's Valley Sweet n' Salty bars? Oh my gosh! I love them. They come in peanut, cashew and almond. At the moment I'm addicted to the almond ones, but they are all good. If you have a sweet tooth, they will help satisfy that. They are 3 pts. each.

I LOVE the mickey bars! I have heard that they are actually Dove ice cream bars (and they do taste like it to me), but somehow it tastes better when it's shaped like Mickey and you're eating it in Disney World. So, if you can't get the nutrition info from the vendor, you could use the Dove Bar points.

Have a good week everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter