• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst WDW Food Experience

Honestly we haven't had much that was bad, but I will agree with the many pp's who mentioned ABC Commissary :crazy2:
Only other place we did NOT enjoy our meal was Tony's. Some we just didn't like, some of it we considered close to inedible.

The Plaza. I wasn't expecting much, and I got it. Worst service I've had in a long time anywhere, let alone at WDW. My plate was soaked in grease, cold fries. Just blech. The tomato soup my DD got was good, though.

It's a toss it for us which is worse- CM's or H&V. Messy buffet lines, warm salads and cold main dishes, indifferent and slow service.

But our top place for worst restaurant goes to Coral Reef. Waited over an hour past our ADR to be seated and then had to wait 2 more hours to get through the meal and get our bill. A surly server who would disappear for ages (never did get the drinks refill we asked for repeatedly. The room was noisy, with kids running around, bumping into tables and diners. The food was overcooked and dry. And the manager? Looked at us like we had 3 heads when we complained about the slow service.

San Angel Inn- awful food and drinks and service was lacking. 'Ohana- food and service were meh. Nothing was awful, but nothing was better than food court Chinese so for the price it was pretty bad. Except the bread pudding. They could charge me just for the bread pudding;)

For me the worst experience I have ever had with a dining experience at WDW was without a doubt ABC Commissary. I tried it for the first time in 2008 and it was unanimous with our family, everyone's lunch promptly found its way into the garbage. I'm still surprised the can didn't spit that slop back out at us. I can't believe I actually gave the place one more try two years later and it was just as awful as the first time. I've heard many say it is much improved, but I will never find out; there is no way I'm brave enough to give it a third try.

LeCellier was not the most pleasant for us either. I remember going there when it was still a 1 TS and looking forward to it based off of all the rave reviews saying it was almost like having an out of body experience...LOL. We waited just over 30 minutes past our ADR and was led to a table next to the server station and right next to the entrance area to the restrooms. We asked kindly if we could be seated elsewhere and was told no. When I asked to see the manager she told me the same thing. From there I'm sure my opinion of the food would be a bit tainted, but I was not impressed. Now as a signature, there is no way I'm going to even give it a second chance.

Chef Mickey's is reliably gross, but our worst food experience had to be Mickey's Backyard BBQ - save your $$$ folks! The food was disgusting, pretty much inedible. How does one screw up burgers so bad? There were so many completely drunk adults pushing and shoving around the dance floor ( & we're not opposed to having a few drinks!) that it felt sort of dangerous....just an awful experience all around. Wouldn't you think the restaurants (that are expensive by the way) with Mickey's name attached SHOULD be the best all around???

I haven't gone back and it's rated very well now, but Maya grill was my worst dining experience at WDW. Out of the four adult entrees, three were inedible. One was a pork dish, which was basically all fat and gristle. Mine was a chicken dish, according to the menu. It was truly awful and I'm not picky.

The waiter was rude. When he saw we hadn't eaten our food he made a few choice comments about our inability to know what we liked to eat.

Bad experience all around and I really wanted to like it.

Via Napoli. DH had just been in Italy the month before and had eaten actual Italian food including pizza, and he couldn't believe that VN was saying they were authentic. He was absolutely starving, so he ate 2 slices. DS will eat any pizza, good or bad, but he only managed 1 slice. I had two bites (the second was to see if it was as bad as I initiall thought).

The server came by (she didn't seem to care for me from the beginning, probably because I was on my cellphone *dealing with an urgent credit card issue so we could PAY for dinner that night* and she jumped to conclusions) and just stared blankly when I said how bad it was. She didn't even ask if I'd like to see the menu again. Just brought our bill.

All we had was margherita pizza; not easy to mess up, but they did.

Worst non-signature TS restaurant based on DIS hype: Raglan Road. We're now at three strikes & it's out. As far as we're concerned, this is the great mystery of the universe. Why do people like this place? :confused3

People like it because they don't expereince what you're experiencing.

I've had the portobello "burger" for dinner. For the 3 brunches I've been to (4?) I've had the eggs en cocotte and it's fabulous. Last time we got pancakes diaspora (my cousin loved them) and I was able to get a side of pancakes, and omg their pancakes are to die for.

MinnieMum reminded me of Coral Reef. UGH. The vegetarian entree they had at that time...I had to hand it off to DH midway through the meal. It just tasted like tinned tomatoes that had been in the tin way too long. And for a vegetarian, the seafood smell of the place was far too overwhelming and helped to ruin the meal for me.

It didn't make it over VN because they've changed their veggie meal now, so they deserve other chances. Just not from me, until they get rid of the seafood from the menu, LOL.

Worst experience?
The worst experience was at Raglan Road. It happened 5 years ago.

After speaking to the manager and explaining that I had Celiac and needed a gluten free meal, I was served a regular meal. And I ate some of it.

I was horrified. Just a bite of gluten would make me sick for weeks, if not months. This happened the first day of our vacation, while on the DxDP. Actually, it was the first meal, on the first day.

I ended up putting my finger down my throat and throwing up until I couldn't throw up any more.

Of course, they didn't charge us for the meal. But any meal that includes putting your finger down your throat to barf qualifies as a bad experience.

Via Napoli. DH had just been in Italy the month before and had eaten actual Italian food including pizza, and he couldn't believe that VN was saying they were authentic. He was absolutely starving, so he ate 2 slices. DS will eat any pizza, good or bad, but he only managed 1 slice. I had two bites (the second was to see if it was as bad as I initiall thought).

The server came by (she didn't seem to care for me from the beginning, probably because I was on my cellphone *dealing with an urgent credit card issue so we could PAY for dinner that night* and she jumped to conclusions) and just stared blankly when I said how bad it was. She didn't even ask if I'd like to see the menu again. Just brought our bill.

All we had was margherita pizza; not easy to mess up, but they did.

People like it because they don't expereince what you're experiencing.

I've had the portobello "burger" for dinner. For the 3 brunches I've been to (4?) I've had the eggs en cocotte and it's fabulous. Last time we got pancakes diaspora (my cousin loved them) and I was able to get a side of pancakes, and omg their pancakes are to die for.

MinnieMum reminded me of Coral Reef. UGH. The vegetarian entree they had at that time...I had to hand it off to DH midway through the meal. It just tasted like tinned tomatoes that had been in the tin way too long. And for a vegetarian, the seafood smell of the place was far too overwhelming and helped to ruin the meal for me.

It didn't make it over VN because they've changed their veggie meal now, so they deserve other chances. Just not from me, until they get rid of the seafood from the menu, LOL.

I think some of the negative reviews may be due to people ordering something that the restaurant doesn't do very well.
When I go to Coral Reef, it is a seafood restaurant so I order seafood not vegetarian items. When we went to Le cellier, I asked the waitress her recomendations and she steered me in a great direction. Now if you order pizza in a pizza place and the pizza is not to your liking, not much you can do. But I think when people stick to the specialties of the house, they'll do a lot better.

Akershus dinner, just terrible. The character interaction was awesome but the food was gross

Chefs de France, food also terrible. Service not very friendly

Table service - Via Napoli - Asked for a pizza with no cheese, came out with a blob of mozzarella in the middle. Complained, after an inspection from the chef they told me it was "raw dough" - as if that's even better. All our pizzas were soggy, gross and overpriced even by Disney standards.

Quick service - Electric Umbrella. It reminded me one of those McDonald's they have at motorway service stations, noisy, messy and souless.

Other than that, everywhere I ate was stellar.

I have a few...

Cosmic Ray's -- Way too crowded, loud, messy. And all four of us took one bite of our meals and promptly dumped them in the nearest garbage can. Totally inedible. I may be picky, but DH will eat anything....except here.

Chef Mickey's -- Dirty, dirty, dirty. Food all over the floor, no one cleaning it up. Buffet with food mixed all together. Kids reaching for stuff with bare hands, changing minds, putting stuff back. Parents nowhere to be seen. And this was on multiple visits! I get it's Disney. I get it's all about the kids. I've been to numerous character buffets. None of them are the uncontrolled chaos that seems to be the norm here. Not that the food is appealing to begin with, but add the gross factor in and....just yuck.

Garden Grill -- Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Worst service I've ever had at Disney. Food is totally bland, overcooked, tasteless. Semi-circle booths seem awkward. Only meal the entire family agreed we'd never set foot in again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter