WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

The only bad experience we've had was at San Angel Inn. Was the food "terrible"? No. But I come from CA where Mexican is done right. Was the service "terrible"? No, but it wasn't even close to good, and would need help to get to average. We also got a terrible location - a table right by a wall near where the servers go in and out. Of course, we really wanted to be close to the water and asked. We even got there early (back before phone/online reservations were a big thing). I guess I was expecting more of a "Blue Bayou" experience with good food and service. But instead it was severely lacking for the price paid.

After that experience, we never went back. Since then, I can say we've never had another bad experience at WDW. Do we hate the uncleaned shrimp at the buffets? Sure. But everything else has always been good.

it was severely lacking for the price paid.
As has been said previously in the thread, I think this is often the source of disappointment. If I go to Golden Corral and the buffet is mediocre but I only paid $10.00, I'm satisfied. If I go to Disney and the buffet is mediocre but I paid $35.00, I'm disappointed.

I understand, but part of that may have been some of their shtick ...not making excuses but they do act that way as part of the "fun". Apparently even when the timing isn't quite right...
Trust me, that was none of their schtick. She was downright rude and offensive.

Last edited:

I agree. We ALL want THE best tables but not everyone can get them...kids in tow or not (and most families have kids with them...it's Disney).
Just curious....if you were taking kids to that restaurant for the "show" would you sit in a totally separate room that only has 5 tables in it where there is absolutely no show? There is a tiny walkway that leads to these 5 tables that are completely alone. And then not get ticked off that she stomped off in double time and then hollered it out like that for everyone to shame you? If you would do this I am shocked. I get they want to sit people back there...although absolutely NO ONE was at any of the 5 tables in there. What she did was totally unprofessional and rude by any standards, much less Disney standards!

We swore off Chef Mickey's years ago.

Last Feb, we had a particularly sad dinner at Ohana. I believe our ADR was around 8PM and we weren't seated for at least 45 minutes. DH and I had some cocktails at the bar and were READY to get eat some food when we sat down. Our waiter was moving in reverse and the food came out so slowly. We ended up leaving before that awesome dessert because it was taking too long.

Sadly, we had a similar experience at Ohana on our last trip as well. This used to be our family's "place" but we won't go again after this last time. It was beyond bad.

To those freaking out b/c you have reservations at some of the places listed: DON'T! I guarantee that there are many who have favorites listed on other's never again lists. Just go and try it and if you are not thrilled, you don't ever have to go there again. You may go and you may love it! I love 50s PT--and look at how many people hated it (just from this thread alone!).

I have to agree with this. Each experience is different. Plus, I have to hope that someone from Disney actually reads these threads and they take note of it to make the appropriate changes! :worship:

I have never had a bad meal at disney.. but to be honest any meal that I have, that I don't have to cook and clean up after is great...

But we didn't like the food at akershus.. but my daughter got to hold Aurora's hand and lead the processional with her, so guess where we are going this year...

I also didn't care for the food at 1900 park fare, thought it was limited choices, but the sisters and Lady Tremaine make it a must do!!!

We have done all the buffets on property over the years, but now that both kids are "adults" I am trying to steer away from them. But sadly... the best character interaction is as buffets...(for dinner)

But on a brighter note, i got FD and I don't have to cook (or clean) for 9 days!!! :)

When our kids were younger, we always frequented Akershus and the other character buffets for the same reason you quoted...and I agree...it was NOT because of the food. It was the experience we were buying at the time. Now that our kids are older, we do pick our restaurants based on what we think will be the best food. We have been hit or miss on a few....but we are still optimistic each time! :-)

Worst experience: La Hacienda. To be fair, it was shortly after they had opened, but it was almost an hour past our ADR time before we were seated. After about 20 minutes we were ready to jump ship, but we had hit that point where we never would have gotten a seat anywhere (and we had two toddlers with us), so our best bet was to continue to wait. Once we were finally seated, there was no apology and overall service was rushed and rather cold/rude, not at all magical. And after all that, we didn't think the food was all that great either!

And I also want to note something that wasn't a bad experience, per se, but an awkward/sad/humbling one: We had a super sweet server once (I don't want to say the restaurant, as I don't want to "out" her), and we engaged in a lot of conversation throughout the course of our meal. Even though she never outright complained, through our talks we discovered she was a struggling single parent, having issues with a babysitter, working multiple jobs, etc. We left her an awesome tip, but I felt incredibly guilty the whole time we were there, spending time with our family, spending lots of money. Don't get me wrong - I'm a working mom as well, and spend many hours away from my kids... and our hard-earned vacations are our much-needed time off together. But that "dose of reality" in the middle of our magical trip definitely brought me back down to earth that night.

Yikes! I would feel the same way! :(

The longest wait we've had for a table with an ADR is about 10 minutes. I think anything more than 15 minutes or so would make me very irritated. The point of a reservation is that you have a table for your party at about the time you arrive. Waiting 25 minutes is unacceptable, and those who said they had an hour wait would rightly have been very upset. People spend entirely too much money for a Disney vacation to spend any significant time in a waiting room at a restaurant.

An ADR does not guarantee you will be seated at that time. It guarantees you will get the next table available for your party size. Even so, and hour wait is unacceptable, no question!

Reactions: GAN
CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

Had very similar experience last time I was there and it wasn't like that when I was there several years before. Felt like everything, especially food quality, went down. It was by far the longest wait we had on our trip, the service was horrible, kids were constantly surrounding the characters making it so difficult to get photos when they came to your table, and the dining area was filthy. Tons of tables that were not bussed and just had plates everywhere, our own waiter never came to pick up plates while we were at our table. It felt like we were over someone's mess house while their kids just ran around in circles. I remember there being a really good sundae station there the last time we were there that seems to have disappeared as well. Will never go there again.

An ADR does not guarantee you will be seated at that time. It guarantees you will get the next table available for your party size. Even so, and hour wait is unacceptable, no question!
Right, which is why I said that a 15 minute wait is acceptable. If people are consistently waiting more than that then Disney is doing something wrong.

I also gotta add San Angel Inn, the food was alright but they really have you on top of each other at this restaurant and so you're pretty much on the person's lap next to you. We had these awful, rude, and snobby people next to us with horribly behaving children. They were so bad even the table on our other side commented to us after they left. It was just a horrible experience that will keep me from going back.

Also, although going to Cinderella's Royal Table is a nice experience like going into the castle and being there before parks open for breakfast, the food wasn't so great and we were the last to see the princesses. We were adults, so I imagine we got seated that way on purpose, but I am a huge fan of Ariel, I grew up watching Little Mermaid, it came out when I was about 6, so I waited and waited for her. We were done eating and I just wanted to see her, but the princesses come out so slowly and just as we were about to believe Ariel came out. I loved her, she was so awesome and interacted with us. Jasmine was also great, great interaction with her too. If we had kids, maybe I would have enjoyed it more. I'll go back when we have kids and see how different it is, I bet watching your kids light up after seeing the princesses make it all worth while.

Lastly, we had a single bad experience with Coral Reef that won't stop us from going back, but not for the next trip since there are so many restaurants my hubby has never been to and I want to expand his experiences! :) We didn't get a table next to the aquarium and the couple that got a seat next to it worked at Disney, one in particular was a waiter there at some point. So throughout the dinner employees kept on going to their table to have conversations with them and crowding around their table, blocking the view of the aquarium. It was like this constantly and I am honestly one of those passive aggressive people so just remained silent.

The Yachtsman. We call it The Naughtsman.

We took my dad there on his first (and only) trip to WDW. This was our first night. Saturday night, and we'd heard so many good things about it, over and over, that it was just as good a steakhouse, (if not better!) than Le Cellier. The service was just plain terrible. The food was fantastic, but it was a cascade of failure. We had talked about Disney service, and we looked foolish. (The rest of the trip was better, but this was the first meal!)

We gave them another chance, years later. We figured, every place has an off night. It was only slightly better. Still, the worst service at Disney...in a Signature restaurant.

I was reading about wait times. I haven't experienced any long wait times for an ADR. However, I did realize something about myself recently regarding waiting. I find that I have patience until the 30 min. mark. After that 30 min., I lose all patience and will walk.

I guess I am the minority because we have always received exceptional service at all of our dining experiences while in the park or at the resorts! Not saying that it won't ever happen but I guess we have just gotten lucky!

I guess I am the minority because we have always received exceptional service at all of our dining experiences while in the park or at the resorts! Not saying that it won't ever happen but I guess we have just gotten lucky!
you and I, both

Me too. Even the few times we've had a bad dining experience (Ohana...blech, and we won't be back) the service was great.

I have never had a terrible dining experience at WDW, but I have had a meal that I didn't like that much. I ordered the Ribs and they wee extremely tough and dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter