WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

GRAMMYJ

Earning My Ears
We dined at Whispering Canyon Café recently for lunch and was less than enchanted with our service. My family visited the restaurant for a special event and was less than impressed Our server had limited ability to communicate in English and was not understanding the concept of the restaurant. She was not friendly and definitely had no pixie dust. Will knock this place off our list of places to visit.

Kona Cafe. My chicken was so tough I couldn't eat it. Sent it back and received stir fry noodles. Food not very good since the teriyaki steak is no longer on the menu (dinner).

The server was the most un-magical server we have ever encountered in the parks, resorts or even on the ship. She was so rude. We decided to make our tip amount very low to reflect the way we were treated. She came by to pick up the receipt, looked at the tip amount and stated "you are kidding? that's all? which resulted in me going to the podium to request to speak with the dining manager. We also removed the entire tip from our bill. We have never had to do this and we are very generous with our servers who on the most part have been wonderful.

My family was not a fan of 50's Prime Time. The kid's meals that 2 of my kids ordered were disgusting (they had Goofy [salmon] burgers). The "sundaes" for the kids were also pathetic. The salmon that others ordered was very small portioned and only one measly sprig of broccoli rabe. The only thing that anyone liked was the lasagna. The service was also not very great.

We dined at Whispering Canyon Café recently for lunch and was less than enchanted with our service. My family visited the restaurant for a special event and was less than impressed Our server had limited ability to communicate in English and was not understanding the concept of the restaurant. She was not friendly and definitely had no pixie dust. Will knock this place off our list of places to visit.

What "pixie dust" were you expecting?

CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

DD ate there a couple months ago for Breakfast with her friends. She no sooner left, she texted me. She had never been and couldn't believe how bad it was.

CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

DD ate there a couple months ago for Breakfast with her friends. She no sooner left, she texted me. She had never been and couldn't believe how bad it was.
Totally agree....that was our experience too and I have Xed Chef Mickey off my list forever!

We like Whispering Canyon, but do admit that they often run late on their seating. We've consistently been seated 20-25 minutes past our ADR time each time we've eaten there.

Worst service experience for us was Ohana breakfast - just extremely slow, inattentive servers which doesn't make sense when it's served family style and every table has the same food.

I can't say we've had a terrible tasting meal at WDW, but Tony's Town Square and Mama Melrose were nothing to write home about. Also weren't super impressed with Rose & Crown - very late getting seated, tables very close together, food was average.

Last edited:
Nastiest restaurant was Hollywood & Vine for dinner. Absolutely filthy, worse than Shoneys on the all you can eat seafood buffet night! The floor was incredibly sticky and there was food everywhere. The entire time we were there 6PMish ADR, there wasn't a single table bussed, dirty dishes everywhere. Food was lukewarm at best, even the cold items.

Worst tasting food was Tony's waaaaaaaay back when. The pasta sauce tasted worse than jarred an IDK what type of meat they used in the netball but it was gray. Never going back.

Worst was Hollywood and Vine. We had an ADR at what seemed like a reasonable dinner time but had to wait a long time for some reason to get seated (45 minutes) - I think they crammed the restaurant with walk ins. Once we got in we went to the bathroom and got drinks ordered. 5 minutes later the buffet started to close areas down bit by bit and were cleaning up. No one told us the restaurant was going to close in like 15 minutes after we were seated! I guess they think everyone has had their entrees by then and wanted dessert for the last 15 minutes. We had to hurry through and then the waitress was upset and huffed and puffed a lot as we left because she never got much of a tip.

To keep things positive the servers at Cinderella's Royal Table are fantastic and go way beyond their way to serve.

Last edited:
Worst experience: La Hacienda. To be fair, it was shortly after they had opened, but it was almost an hour past our ADR time before we were seated. After about 20 minutes we were ready to jump ship, but we had hit that point where we never would have gotten a seat anywhere (and we had two toddlers with us), so our best bet was to continue to wait. Once we were finally seated, there was no apology and overall service was rushed and rather cold/rude, not at all magical. And after all that, we didn't think the food was all that great either!

And I also want to note something that wasn't a bad experience, per se, but an awkward/sad/humbling one: We had a super sweet server once (I don't want to say the restaurant, as I don't want to "out" her), and we engaged in a lot of conversation throughout the course of our meal. Even though she never outright complained, through our talks we discovered she was a struggling single parent, having issues with a babysitter, working multiple jobs, etc. We left her an awesome tip, but I felt incredibly guilty the whole time we were there, spending time with our family, spending lots of money. Don't get me wrong - I'm a working mom as well, and spend many hours away from my kids... and our hard-earned vacations are our much-needed time off together. But that "dose of reality" in the middle of our magical trip definitely brought me back down to earth that night.

We swore off Chef Mickey's years ago.

Last Feb, we had a particularly sad dinner at Ohana. I believe our ADR was around 8PM and we weren't seated for at least 45 minutes. DH and I had some cocktails at the bar and were READY to get eat some food when we sat down. Our waiter was moving in reverse and the food came out so slowly. We ended up leaving before that awesome dessert because it was taking too long.

Our worst meal has been Chef Mickey's for dinner. The food was awful, and we're not that picky. It was like lukewarm, mediocre t.v. dinner food. Terrible. Nothing at all was appealing. It a smorgasbord of nuggets, microwave style pizza, potatoes made out of flakes, etc. The character interaction was ok, which is the only thing that redeemed it. We had eaten there a couple of times for breakfast but dinner was a different experience entirely. We won't go there again.

Rose and Crown. Indifferent and inattentive server and lousy food. It's supposed to be British cuisine but come on, it's Disney World in America. Nobody at the table liked what they got. Bland and sad looking. Never got drink refills even after asking for them. Left before dessert. Couldn't wait anymore and were not that interested after the meal we just had. I should have complained but we were just ready to get out of there. We wasted a DDP credit on that. Now we just get a Black and Tan from the bar and fish and chips from Yorkshire County and go eat in the garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!