WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Oh no when did you go? My husband insists to have a dinner at San Angel. His exact words were '" I want to enjoy a dinner at San Angel while watching the boats float by, every time we make ADR's you never pick it!" There's a reason, I Never hear great reviews!! :sad2: And to hear your 5 yr old and 35 yr olds comment, oh no... I don't want to disappoint him again. :guilty:

We liked San Angel. We've eaten there two years in a row. The kid's meal isn't bad. My daughter didn't like the rice, she's a potato kind of girl, but ate the grilled chicken. My DH is very picky, like a kid picky, but he enjoyed the pork dinner without the sauces & sides, of course, lol. I liked my food also and we all enjoyed watching the boats float by. Give it a try if your DH wants to go, everyone's experience is different as well as their tastes. But DON'T DRINK THE WATER!! Seriously, the water taste like it came from a outside hose.

We liked San Angel. We've eaten there two years in a row. The kid's meal isn't bad. My daughter didn't like the rice, she's a potato kind of girl, but ate the grilled chicken. My DH is very picky, like a kid picky, but he enjoyed the pork dinner without the sauces & sides, of course, lol. I liked my food also and we all enjoyed watching the boats float by. Give it a try if your DH wants to go, everyone's experience is different as well as their tastes. But DON'T DRINK THE WATER!! Seriously, the water taste like it came from a outside hose.

Thanks for a good review, your right about everyone has different experiences. Worst case scenario we can have them take any meals off our bill if the food is not edible! :crazy2: And just enjoy just the restaurants ambiance. :laughing:
Oh we know all to well about WDW water, it even has a smell to it!! We joke when we come home from our trip that we can't wait to take a shower and rewash our clothes because of the smell from the water has penetrated our skin and our clothes. Funny thing is My son likes the smell!!! :scared1:

San Angel is a must for us every trip. We love it, and you can't beat the atmosphere.

San Angel is a must for us every trip. We love it, and you can't beat the atmosphere.

Wow every trip, that's reassuring to hear! We will at least try a place once but never will go back if it was a terrible experience. But it's hard to select resturants when we want to go back to our favorites!! :rotfl2:This trip we are being more adventurous and have more resturants on our list we have never tried then our favorites.

Thanks for a good review, your right about everyone has different experiences. Worst case scenario we can have them take any meals off our bill if the food is not edible! :crazy2: And just enjoy just the restaurants ambiance. :laughing:
Oh we know all to well about WDW water, it even has a smell to it!! We joke when we come home from our trip that we can't wait to take a shower and rewash our clothes because of the smell from the water has penetrated our skin and our clothes. Funny thing is My son likes the smell!!! :scared1:
I have never heard anyone complain about the water at WDW before this. It seems perfectly fine to me. They have well water.

I have never heard anyone complain about the water at WDW before this. It seems perfectly fine to me.
Tom, I'm with you on this one. We drink gallons and gallons of local water when we are there and have no problem with it at all. But many, many people complain that it tastes and smells awful. Some people even report getting physically ill after drinking it. I think it has something to do with the sulfur content. I've never confirmed this but I think it may actually be a genetic variance that accounts for this - why some people experience the bad taste and others don't.

What is this original Chef Mickey's you speak of?
The original Chef Mickey's was a table service restaurant on the waterfront at Downtown Disney (before it was called that). It was very nice, a cool relaxed escape from the hustle and bustle. Totally different than the place that now carries that name.

Funny story about the original Chef Mickey's. My wife and I were having lunch there one day. She had gotten fries, I suppose, and picked up the ketchup bottle. She began to shake the bottle and suddenly there was ketchup everywhere. Apparently the cap wasn't screwed on (this is back when it was a glass bottle with a little metal cap, not the plastic flip up kind). She had ketchup all over herself - her shirt, her hair, the table, etc. She still has the shirt she was wearing that day - a Sorcerer Mickey shirt with the stars whizzing by, and we still laugh when she wears it because a few of the stars are orange instead of white.

They should scan your band at check in and if, 30 minutes later you still aren't seated, you are free to leave with no charge. It would show them how many guests are subjected to waits and how many chose to leave.
I LOVE this idea...

I have never heard anyone complain about the water at WDW before this. It seems perfectly fine to me. They have well water.

It is weird that Florida water doesn't bother some guests, and for others it does? My DS and DD can drink it, my DH and I can't. It has a distinct odor that we only smell in Florida. We joke that if we were blindfolded and had a smell test it would remind us of WDW!

Tom, I'm with you on this one. We drink gallons and gallons of local water when we are there and have no problem with it at all. But many, many people complain that it tastes and smells awful. Some people even report getting physically ill after drinking it. I think it has something to do with the sulfur content. I've never confirmed this but I think it may actually be a genetic variance that accounts for this - why some people experience the bad taste and others don't.

Wow to get physically ill after consuming the water that's awful. Maybe there is a genetic variance with certain people just like there is with cilantro? My DH and DD can eat anything made with the cilantro herb, but my DS and I can't, it tastes like we are eating soap!!!:crazy2:

The water issue is more to do with where you are from. You body chemistry reflects the water of your area in many ways. So when you have no issues with your own water, others might. Perfect example is in Latin America. Locals are free to us the water for drinking/brushing teeth etc. but guests have to stick to bottled water because their bodies are not use to the chemical/bacterial composition of the water and it can make them sick.

And yes well water vs river/lake water vs aquifer water does make a huge difference.

What is this original Chef Mickey's you speak of?
I also didn't know there was an original Chef Mickey's interesting..n
Funny story about the original Chef Mickey's. My wife and I were having lunch there one day. She had gotten fries, I suppose, and picked up the ketchup bottle. She began to shake the bottle and suddenly there was ketchup everywhere. Apparently the cap wasn't screwed on (this is back when it was a glass bottle with a little metal cap, not the plastic flip up kind). She had ketchup all over herself - her shirt, her hair, the table, etc. She still has the shirt she was wearing that day - a Sorcerer Mickey shirt with the stars whizzing by, and we still laugh when she wears it because a few of the stars are orange instead of white.
Lol :rotfl2: Great story!! I think we should start a new thread named " What is your most amusing Walt Disney World story. " Disneysteve you could be the first!!

We have had a few that were not good... not good at all!

Chef Mickey's (2009): The food made DH and I horribly sick the rest of the night. We spent the rest of the evening making sure we knew where the closest bathroom was! The character interaction with Donald made the trip though! He is DS's favorite cartoon character (even now) and he made a HUGE deal out of DS's stuffed Donald and made his trip. He still talks about it.

WCC: Our waitress was so rude and awful that she left me in tears, literally I was in the lobby of the WL crying because of her. The breakfast was okay, but we will never ever go back after the experience.

Ohana Dinner: We waited forever to get seated in what was basically a half empty restaurant. Our server was so slow and we barely saw him. The food was eh and we were on the wrong side of the room for entertainment… That being said we are going back for breakfast in November to try again. DD is a huge Lilo and Stich fan.

Hollywood & Vine (breakfast 2009 & Star Wars dinner 2014): Both times the food has been awful, dinner was worse than breakfast. Our service however has been outstanding both times! Plus we had a great Donald again at the Star Wars dinner who signed DS’s Donald hat. This was last year before the no signing autographs rule at that dinner.

Hollywood Brown Derby (2009) The food was pretty good but our waiter was a snob who rolled his eyes at us more than once. We also sat VERY close to a very strange couple who didn’t look at or speak to each other the entire meal. It was very uncomfortable.

Maybe there is a genetic variance with certain people just like there is with cilantro? My DH and DD can eat anything made with the cilantro herb, but my DS and I can't, it tastes like we are eating soap!!!
Yep. About 10-15% of the population has that genetic variant for cilantro. I'm betting there is something similar that we just haven't identified yet with the water issue.

Lesverts, I don't think it's quite the same as the water issue in Mexico and South America. That's more about immunity to the local bacteria.

Hollywood Brown Derby (2009) The food was pretty good but our waiter was a snob who rolled his eyes at us more than once. We also sat VERY close to a very strange couple who didn’t look at or speak to each other the entire meal. It was very uncomfortable.

My sister and I had the same awkward couple experience at Jiko!! They sat in complete silence the entire meal. The woman kept looking over at our food like she wished she could have scooted over and joined our table. It was very strange.

We have had a few that were not good... not good at all!

WCC: Our waitress was so rude and awful that she left me in tears, literally I was in the lobby of the WL crying because of her. The breakfast was okay, but we will never ever go back after the experience.

I have to ask...what could a waitress possibly have said or done that would have put you in tears?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter