WONDER May 20, 2015 San Diego to Vancouver!

Hi everyone! Just booked this cruise for myself and my boys (12/15 years). Slight feelings of guilt as this will be our second cruise for 2015. Also sailing on the Fantasy for March break:) My boys are going to love Alcatraz!!! Anyone started an FE group? I'm considering participating.

I've been searching for a Disney Cruise Line / Disneyland Resort deal -but haven't run across it yet. :confused3

Anyone have experience with Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego? We'd love to take our 4 year old to Disneyland before the cruise. Not sure if we fly into LAX and stay there for a couple of days before heading to the port?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

I've been searching for a Disney Cruise Line / Disneyland Resort deal -but haven't run across it yet. :confused3

Anyone have experience with Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego? We'd love to take our 4 year old to Disneyland before the cruise. Not sure if we fly into LAX and stay there for a couple of days before heading to the port?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

We did this cruise last year and we are wondering the same thing. We will be staying at Disneyland the 3 days before the cruise so hopefully someone will post about the Amtrack or bus...... Aloha, Karen:beach:

This past spring (May 2014), we did the 2 day cruise to nowhere out of San Diego. We took AMTRAK from Fullerton to San Diego. Fullerton is two stops prior to the Anaheim station. From the San Diego station, it is a two to three block walk to the Port of San Diego. The train ride is about two hours long. We plan on taking AMTRAK again to San Diego for this cruise.

I don't have any personal experience with the AMTRAK Anaheim stop. They just opened the new Anaheim Station. it is called the ARTIC. According to Google Maps, the Anaheim Station is 3 miles east of Disneyland. Not sure how you get from Disneyland to the AMTRAK station.

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

We'll be joining you -- I'm graduating from my masters' program on the 19th and this cruise will be our celebration!

We too are sailing out of San Diego for this cruise!
This will be our 4th cruise.
We too will be doing California Adventure, Knotts Berry Farm and Legoland prior to this sailing but we will have a car rental.
Can't wait to get to know you all!!

Our cruise is booked! It will be me and my step mom and 5 of my kids. We are doing LEGOLAND and Disneyland first and then getting on the ship. It will be our second cruise. We live in Seattle so my husband and Dad and other kids are going to pick us up in Vancouver. Anybody get a good hotel deal in Vancouver?

We haven't booked our Vancouver hotel yet. We are sailing with my in-laws, and my MIL has a line on a 2-bed condo for us that looks nice.

We haven't booked our Vancouver hotel yet. I hear great things about the Pan Pacific. Does anyone know how to identify it when booking through Hotwire? Also... Is there an FE happening?

The Pan Pacific is fabulous. It's located at the cruise ship terminal. There's lots of restaurants and shops near by if you're going to be in Vancouver for a few days. Not sure how to find it on Hotwire...check and compare amenities:)
I've not seen an FE group started yet but I'm also interested! I'm crushing in March on the Fantasy and helping coordinate that FE group. I'd be willing to help with this cruise too:)

Our family of 3 will be joining the cruise. We have a 3 year old And I would love to do Fish Extenders. We are HUGE Disney fans and love cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise! We are excited. If there are any pin collectors let me know :)
Melissa

Our family of 3 will be joining the cruise. We have a 3 year old And I would love to do Fish Extenders. We are HUGE Disney fans and love cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise! We are excited. If there are any pin collectors let me know :)
Melissa

Welcome!! We are golden Disney cruisers, and avid pin traders too! Looking forward to meeting you real soon, Aloha, Karen and Ron:cheer2:

We are booked on this cruise and madly trying to pay it off so we can join you all :).

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. First was in October 2012 from LA to Mexico and last year we took a 7 day out of Florida to the Eastern Caribbean. It's myself, husband and 2 kids (11 & 7). We've always cruised with another family so this will be our first alone and I am thinking about doing a FE as I know my kids would love to participate in it but I need to look over the rules and see if I'm up to the task ;).

Our family of 3 will be joining the cruise. We have a 3 year old And I would love to do Fish Extenders. ...

... We've always cruised with another family so this will be our first alone and I am thinking about doing a FE as I know my kids would love to participate in it but I need to look over the rules and see if I'm up to the task ;).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

The Pan Pacific is fabulous. It's located at the cruise ship terminal. There's lots of restaurants and shops near by if you're going to be in Vancouver for a few days. Not sure how to find it on Hotwire...check and compare amenities:)
I've not seen an FE group started yet but I'm also interested! I'm crushing in March on the Fantasy and helping coordinate that FE group. I'd be willing to help with this cruise too:)

I am interested in doing an FE group. I have never been on a Disney cruise, so I am inexperienced. But I would be happy to help coordinate with you. What do you think?
Melissa

Not sure - I've looked for the link, but don't see an FE group organized quite yet?
Did I miss it?
Would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. So looking forward to 110 days from now in California! :hyper:

We just booked our cruise with our DVC points! So, we are officially going.

Looking at this thread, it appears that no one has started an FE yet. IrishCowboy has suggested starting one in this thread.

So, I am officially stepping forward to volunteer to organize one. Let me re look at what information he said is necessary to coordinate one and I will post more instructions. If someone has already stepped forward to do this and would rather be the one to organize, please tell me, i won't be offended, I would just like to get this going to be able to start planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter