WONDER May 20, 2015 San Diego to Vancouver!

UPDATES
  • These are the final lists, once again, please review for accuracy.
  • All groups, including the FLIT group is now closed.
  • If your cabin number changes on the day of departure, please text me as indicated below.
  • The groups are now divided as shown below:
    • ALL Groups (Except Flit):
      • COASTIEandMATE
      • cmwade77
      • MileHighCruiser
      • RoniBoBoni
      • SabRey
      • Marietta Campbell
      • time for travel
      • Princes Alexandra
      • Meades
    • Baloo Group:
      • McGeez
      • Team Forester
      • ActingVP - Adult Children's Cabin
    • Cinderella Group:
      • MelAllen
      • m3three
      • mug318ca
      • CoyboyKell
    • Dewey Group:
      • swingorchid
      • EReyeSee
      • GoofyZepedas
    • Esmeralda Group
      • my3luckycharms
      • ActingVP
      • TimonPumba
    • Flit Group (AKA The Last Minute Group) - NOTE: Unless you are listed below, you are not considered part of the Flit group, even if you are in the ALL groups listed above
      • COASTIEandMATE
      • RoniBoBoni
      • BishopFamily
      • Jonathan Barron
      • disneyrae604
      • CoyboyKell
      • Jonathan Barron
    • Those that are in ALL Groups should download the file that says All, the rest should be download the file for their group.
  • FE Signups are now closed - If you have signed up and are not on the lists attached, please let me know ASAP.
  • If your cabin number changes, please text me at 562-290-7878 as soon as you have your cabin numbers. I will have printed lists and will deliver them once updated. You may also send a message to the wave phone for our cabin as another option, but this will not work if our cabin number changes. If you get this information before May 15th, you may also PM me or post on here.
In order to keep this safe and fun for all, please list all Allergies or items you can't have for religious or other reasons (don't care what the reason is, just the items, such as alcohol, pork, coffee, etc.):
Please specify if these items should not be given to your cabin at all or if it applies to specific people in your cabin. If it applies to specific people, please specify.

You can also text or call my cabin number on the wave phones, unless I let everyone know that we had a last minute cabin change.

I will have printed lists and will update them by hand with any of these changes and distribute them the first day of the cruise.

Some notes about Customs:
Remember the fines can range anywhere from $100-$50,000 and possible jail time per offense.

• Please check the following site for details on what is not allowed:
  • One thing that they don't make clear, but I have seen on many websites, you must declare all food items when entering into Canada and it is strongly suggested that they have food labels in English.
When in doubt, declare it.

If you don't declare it and you should have, you risk fines and/or jail time, so I cannot stress enough how important it is to declare everything that you should.

I am not trying to scare anyone, I just want to emphasize how important it is to be aware of the regulations and not take anything in you shouldn't and make sure you declare everything you should.

Attachments

• FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_All.pdf
    438.2 KB · Views: 24
  • FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_Baloo.pdf
    269.5 KB · Views: 4
  • FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_Cinderella.pdf
    274 KB · Views: 2
  • FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_Dewey.pdf
    363.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_Esmeralda.pdf
    301.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FE Information - May Cruise - Final List_Flit.pdf
    70 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender, please PM me the following information:
Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:
Gender of each adult and child, if you wish to avoid a "boy" gift being given to a girl or vice versa.
List Names, if so desired:

In order to keep this safe and fun for all, please list all Allergies or items you can't have for religious or other reasons (don't care what the reason is, just the items, such as alcohol, pork, coffee, etc.):
Please specify if these items should not be given to your cabin at all or if it applies to specific people in your cabin. If it applies to specific people, please mention which ones, either by name or age and gender depending i the information you shared.

If there is any information you would prefer not to sharr, please skip it. But we do need to know a minimum of cabin number and the number of people (preferably number of children and adults) in your cabin.

Again if someone else would prefer to organize, I won't be offended and will pass any information that I have already received along. I do not want to step on any toes.

I will do more research as to how customs in Canada may affect what we can and cannot take with us off the ship and post about it so that we don't accidentally give something that we can't keep.

I can not send you a PM, because I have not posted enough. So here is my information.

Thank you for doing the FE! This is our first cruise and I am looking forward to it!

Cabin Number: 2574
Number of Adults: 2 Ken and Melissa (Mel)
Number of Children:1 Boy Nick
Ages of Children:3

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way!

mel

For those that have asked about Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego, I have found some information, as we will need to do this as well.

For getting to the new Anaheim Station from Disneyland, using a cab or similar service should be fairly inexpensive or the ART busses/Public Transit will get you there in about 20 minutes. It also appears that many hotels in the Disneyland area are offering free or cheap shuttles to this station, so I would suggest calling your hotel and asking.

At present the regular price is $28 per adult, Seniors 62+ are $23.80, Children are $14. There are also discounts for those with documentation of a disability and those assisting them, military, Student, AA, Military, NARP, Veterns Advantage, Students Advantage and ISIC.

I have also found out that Amtrak will offer us a group rate if at least 20 people wish to take the Amtrak down. If we do this as a group they would also reserver seats for us together and we could spend the time getting to know one another before the cruise.

I do not yet know what the group discount, but if people would be interested in doing this, I would be more than happy to check further into it, please let me know what you think about the idea.

I have also found out that Amtrak will offer us a group rate if at least 20 people wish to take the Amtrak down.

Thanks for checking in to that. We won't be coming from Anaheim, so the group rate won't work for us.

Just booked the SF Wine Tour excursion. We will be coming down from LA via Amtrak. But since this is the 2nd leg of our B2B cruise, we will be coming down a few days before this cruise sails. I will PM cmwade77 about FE participation.

For those considering the Amtrak, I just found out there is no checked luggage on the Amtrak.

This means you can have only 2 carry on sized bags per person, each weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. This may not be an issue for some and others it may be, but just a heads up.

Well, I've searched this forum for this cruise for awhile and can't seem to find it so I guess I'll start the thread!

My sister and I did our first Disney cruise in November 2013 on the Dream to the Bahamas and we loved it! Could hardly wait for opening day booking for 2015 to book this cruise. We live in Arizona so doing a west coast cruise will be great!

Sis and I will be joined this time around by her (then) 21 year old son who is my favorite (and only!) nephew. I originally thought that he wouldn't want to spend time with the old folks but he said he wanted to go!

I'm especially looking forward to our day in San Francisco! I have been there twice before but sis and nephew have never been there. Definitely doing Alcatraz...and I know I'll end up overplanning a jam packed day!

I'm on the fence at the moment about participating in a FE...it was a lot of work for the November 2013 cruise. I have no creative talent whatsoever so coming up with ideas is really challenging for me. Sis loved participating on our first cruise so if I can get her to help me then we'll probably participate (I didn't tell her before the cruise about the FE because I wanted to surprise her so I ended up doing all the work!).

So....who else is booked for this cruise???

Has a FE group started for the Wonder Cruise - May 20 - 25th? Our family would like to join, please!

Thanks,

Team Forester

Has a FE group started for the Wonder Cruise - May 20 - 25th? Our family would like to join, please!

Thanks,

Team Forester
Yes there is, the post about the FE is in my signature below. Just PM me you cabin number, number of Adults and children (ages and gender can help to make sure appropriate gifts are given), names if you would like to, as I know some people like to give customized gifts and please list any allergies and if items should be avoided for the entire cabin or just for certain individuals in the cabin.

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender, please PM me the following information:
Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:
Gender of each adult and child, if you wish to avoid a "boy" gift being given to a girl or vice versa.

Please specify if these items should not be given to your cabin at all or if it applies to specific people in your cabin. If it applies to specific people, please mention which ones, either by name or age and gender depending i the information you shared.

If there is any information you would prefer not to sharr, please skip it. But we do need to know a minimum of cabin number and the number of people (preferably number of children and adults) in your cabin.

Again if someone else would prefer to organize, I won't be offended and will pass any information that I have already received along. I do not want to step on any toes.

I will do more research as to how customs in Canada may affect what we can and cannot take with us off the ship and post about it so that we don't accidentally give something that we can't keep.

NOTE: If you don't have enough posts to send a PM, you can either post directly or make one word/letter posts to bring your post counts up on the Technical Support/Test board at: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

I will be keeping this post updated with the latest information and list of those participating so far:
  • cmwade77, Cabin 2086, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Chris - Eva, Allergies & Other Information: Please nothing that contains Coffee - Tea (Except Herbal) - Alcohol
  • MelAllen, Cabin 2574, 2 Adults - 1 Child, Adult Names: Ken - Melissa (Mel), Children Name - Gender - Age: Nick - Boy - 3
  • my3luckycharms, Cabin 6605, 2 Adults - 2 Children, Children Name - Gender - Age:
    Boy - Kade - 11 - Girl - Kaia - 7
  • ActingVP, Cabin 8572, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Victoria - Steven, Children Name - Gender - Age: Jack - Boy - 4, Allergies & Other Information: Stevens Celiac’s Disease (Gluten Free)
  • mug318ca, Cabin 7002, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Judson - Anne
If you would like to add additional information or sign up for the FE, please PM me or post on here.
Hooray! I feel like it's Christmas today. So glad that you messaged me back and that we can join in the fun! I can't PM yet either but here's our info.

Team Forester, Cabin 6616, 2 Adults (Mat and Kym) and 2 Kids - Devan (Girl) Age 7 on 5/21 and James, Age 4. No allergies.

Thanks so much! Can't wait to meet everyone : )

Kym

Welcome, I will get you added to the list. It might not be until tomorrow, as we are out most of the day.

For those that have asked about Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego, I have found some information, as we will need to do this as well.

For getting to the new Anaheim Station from Disneyland, using a cab or similar service should be fairly inexpensive or the ART busses/Public Transit will get you there in about 20 minutes. It also appears that many hotels in the Disneyland area are offering free or cheap shuttles to this station, so I would suggest calling your hotel and asking.

At present the regular price is $28 per adult, Seniors 62+ are $23.80, Children are $14. There are also discounts for those with documentation of a disability and those assisting them, military, Student, AA, Military, NARP, Veterns Advantage, Students Advantage and ISIC.

I have also found out that Amtrak will offer us a group rate if at least 20 people wish to take the Amtrak down. If we do this as a group they would also reserver seats for us together and we could spend the time getting to know one another before the cruise.

I do not yet know what the group discount, but if people would be interested in doing this, I would be more than happy to check further into it, please let me know what you think about the idea.
Yes we would want to join you 2 seniors, Karen and Ron

Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:

NOTE: If you don't have enough posts to send a PM, you can either post directly or make one word/letter posts to bring your post counts up on the Technical Support/Test board at: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

I will be keeping this post updated with the latest information and list of those participating so far:
  • cmwade77, Cabin 2086, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Chris - Eva, Allergies & Other Information: Please nothing that contains Coffee - Tea (Except Herbal) - Alcohol
  • MelAllen, Cabin 2574, 2 Adults - 1 Child, Adult Names: Ken - Melissa (Mel), Children Name - Gender - Age: Nick - Boy - 3
  • my3luckycharms, Cabin 6605, 2 Adults - 2 Children, Children Name - Gender - Age:
  • ActingVP, Cabin 8572, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Victoria - Steven, Children Name - Gender - Age: Jack - Boy - 4, Allergies & Other Information: Stevens Celiac’s Disease (Gluten Free)
If you would like to add additional information or sign up for the FE, please PM me or post on here.

For those of you visiting Disneyland I just found the list of closures for the week before our cruise, sad to say, Submarines, Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain. DCA is only Grizzly River Run. They are gearing up for the 60 year Diamond Anniversary of Disneyland I guess. Just a heads up! Aloha, Karen and Ron

For those of you visiting Disneyland I just found the list of closures for the week before our cruise, sad to say, Submarines, Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain. DCA is only Grizzly River Run. They are gearing up for the 60 year Diamond Anniversary of Disneyland I guess. Just a heads up! Aloha, Karen and Ron
We live in the area and that was actually last years closures for just before the cruise. Also, the official one at the Disneyland site is usually not very accurate. The more accurate on is on here, Hove over Disneyland->Planning->Ride Closures & Rehabs or the direct link is at http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab

Here's the current list:
  • Disneyland:
    • Peter Pan's Flight - Through 05/07
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds - Through 5/15
  • DCA
    • Soarin' over California -- Through 05/14
    • Luigi's Flying Tire - Permanently closed to become a new attraction in early 2016.
Yes, they are indeed gearing up for the 60th, so it's possible that this list will change several times between now and out cruise, but this is at present the attractions that may be affected during the week or two before our cruise.

Chances are pretty strong that nothing else will be closed during this time frame, as the 60th kicks off on 5/22. But it should be noted that it is expected that haunted mansion will be going down for a week or so for the installation of the new effect that is behind the temporary wall before then, so I have no idea when that is.

Hopefully this is a bit better news than the list you saw before. I will admit, Disney doesn't make it as easy to find out the rehabs as Disney World does.

Last edited:
Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:

• COASTIEandMATE, Cabin 2004, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Ron - Karren
  • Team Forester, Cabin 6616, 2 Adults - 2 Children, Adult Names: Mat - KymChildren Name - Gender - Age: Devan - Girl - 7 (Birthday on 5/21) - James - 4

NOTE: I will make sure that everyone that is participating in the FW has my cell number before we cruise, so that you can text me or call me with any last minute cabin changes before we leave.

You can also text or call my cabin number on the wave phones, unless I let everyone know that we had a last minute cabin change.

I will have printed lists and will update them by hand with any of these changes and distribute them the first day of the cruise.
Hi! Thanks for adding us : ) Just planning ahead. Do you know if we're going to have one day of delivering goodies or more than one?

Team Forester

Hi! Thanks for adding us : ) Just planning ahead. Do you know if we're going to have one day of delivering goodies or more than one?

Team Forester
Excellent question, we have not really had that discussion yet.

What does everyone think?
Should we have assigned days to deliver?
Should we just deliver on the days that we would like to deliver?
Or is there another method of figuring this out that we would prefer to use?

This is our first cruise and first time doing it! I'm not sure but think maybe a one item per person delivery day? I think with an assigned day we would all get lots of fun stuff but maybe having it open to several days... It would always be a surprise to go to our room and possibly discover something new. We're totally open to anything that the group decides. Please provide recommendations! Especially, if you've done this before and have an opinion on what works the best : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter