• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder in Miami April 18, 2013 What a Wondful World!

Hey everyone!! Wanted to introduce our family and join our cruise group!!

I'm Amy, my DH Rob and I have been on a big red boat cruise for our honeymoon 13 years ago, and I have been on a RC cruise 3 years ago with friends. While that is the limited extent of our cruise experience I can proudly say we are Disney fanatics to the max, and a Disney cruise will finally round out our local Disney experiences.

We live in Florida, about an hour from the parks, and are on Disney property at least twice a month. This weekend will be the 3rd trip this month so far. LOL. We are DVC members, annual passholders, former cast members, and Disney holds a very large place in our hearts. Our first date was to magic kingdom, and our honeymoon was at disneyworld.

We have 3 kids. DD is 11, older DS is 10, and younger DS is 3. They all want cruise pals to chat with pre-cruise if anyone is interested. And we are definitely signing up for FE. We have started working on our door decor already!!

So that's us in a nutshell!! We are so excited, and can't wait to meet you guys and go cruising!!

Hi Amy, are daughters are close in age! Make sure to join the pen-pal group Jared's Mom created. My daughter loves getting email from her new cruise buddies :)

I'm also on Wonder out of Miami on the 4th. I know that this forum is about the April 18 sailing but I'm nervous because there are no blogs/forums on my dates. This is the first time crusing on Disney and have tons of questions. I've been reading to answer some. What is a fish extender by the way? I've read that in many forums but no explanation. Any info out of port of Miami will be welcome as well, even though you guys are crusing on the 18th, that's just two weeks apart. looking for cheaper parking options too. Help!!! PLEASE :worried:

Hi

Here is some helpful info my friend wrote about FE's that should help

In case your new to FE's, here's some info to help you out.
So what exactly is a "FE"? Well FE stands for Fish Exchange. It's essentially a gift exchange. You sign up to be on a master list that gets sent to all the participants. Once on the cruise you leave the present at the recipient’s door with a note identifying who you are. Easy right? Don’t worry, I know you still have questions. Hopefully I can answer some of these for you.[/B]

Q. Why is it called FE (Fish Exchange)?

A. Well when you’re on the cruise you’ll notice there is a metal clip in the shape of a fish right next to your cabin door. This is used by Guest Services to leave you messages.

Q. How do I make or get a Fish Extender?

A. Well keep in mind a fish extender is just an overly Disney decorated pocket organizer. They are fairly easy to make and you can find many tutorials on the disboards. Here are some links.

No Sew FE Instructions

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325613

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30302583&postcount=609

You can also purchase them online. The best places are probably ebay or etsy. Just make sure you search under “fish extender”. Prices can range from appx $10 to $40

Q. What are the gift giving rules?

A. Hmmm … “Gift Giving Rules”; This question comes up so often in so many forms. "I don’t want to spend a lot of money; What do I give? Do I have to give everyone in the same room a gift? Do I give a gift everyday?" The answer is simply do what you are comfortable with. The general rule is at least one gift per room and something extra for any kids in the room.

Q. What do I give out?
A. Anything you want. Some people make or buy items related to Disney, the cruise location, or something that represents their home state or country. Below is a link to a lot of great ideas

Homemade FE Gift Thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

Just dropping in ... wife and I are sailing April 18. This is number 8 for me, number 1 for her. I'm trying to remember some of the awesome things about the Wonder... do they still do the midnight chocolate buffet? Has anything changed on the Wonder in the last 6 years or so...?
:goodvibes

Just dropping in ... wife and I are sailing April 18. This is number 8 for me, number 1 for her. I'm trying to remember some of the awesome things about the Wonder... do they still do the midnight chocolate buffet? Has anything changed on the Wonder in the last 6 years or so...?
:goodvibes

No more Chocolate Buffet or Dessert Buffet and the Pirate Buffet is now inside instead of outside :sad:

I've been waiting for March 1st so I could happily say to our daughter that we'll be on our Disney Cruise NEXT month :cool1:

How is everyone's planning going? We have our hotel for a few days after the cruise but still haven't decided on our Miami night. We may Priceline it since it's only one night. Since this is our 1st cruise we've decided against shore excursions so we can enjoy all that the ship offers without rushing around to fit in side-trips.

10 more days to sign up for the FE. :) Because the list is still small I won't send out an update until the 19th. (The day after the list is closed)

I can't wait to see everyone on board!!!

I am getting excited. I have been busy buying things for my FE's which has really been a lot of fun. I will definitely wait a bit longer to plan my clothes out because the weather has been so unstable. Hopefully we'll have warmth and sunshine!

Here is the list so far. I'll just keep updating this post as we go.

Quick question most FE's that I've hosted or been a part of there has always been someone who wanted some info private (like room numbers or kids info) I don't mind either way. No matter what if your on the list I'll send you an email with all the details.

Right now I just made the list like this but I can add all the info on this post or keep it private. Just let me know :)

[*]Paul and Rae + 2 kids
[*]Chris and Shannon + 1 Child
[*]Eileen and Allison + 1 Child
[*]Audrey and Nate
[*]John and Christa

Hi, been away several days and just got home to a pile of mail that included some from Disney... our cabin number is 2021. Looking forward to this cruise! ~ John & Christa

You can upgrade at the port, for a fee. They have a chart that tells you how much the upgrade will cost and it's based on the category you purchased (11C) and the category you want, plus of course availability. The earlier you get to port, the more rooms there MAY be to upgrade to.

There are several shuttle services from FLL to Port of Miami, or they can pick you up at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. A taxi to POM is about $60-70. There are no car rentals at the Port, but there are some in downtown Miami.

Thanks for all your tips :)

So the FE list is ready to be sent out I'm just waiting on one person to send me their email. Thanks for being patient. Hopefully I'll get this info tonight so we can start having some FE fun! :cool1:

So the FE list is ready to be sent out I'm just waiting on one person to send me their email. Thanks for being patient. Hopefully I'll get this info tonight so we can start having some FE fun! :cool1:

I sent you my Yahoo address last night and gave our cabin number yesterday on page 5. Hope you got my last PM. Let me know if you need me to resend it, thanks!

did the FE list get emailed out? we are leaving tomorrow for spring break here, and get back just in time to leave for our first cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter