Wonder in Miami April 18, 2013 What a Wondful World!

I can make one for this group, I am very new at google groups, but ieth the other one, I I had a parent join with the kids then made all the parents managers that way it could be monitored, I will go make another group now

Sorry... my wife nor I have been on in a while. I got slammed at work and it turns out my wife is worse of from the accident so I've been :drive: her to PT 3 times a week plus MT 1-2 times week as she can't drive. I wrote to 4 of you on page 2 but I see I haven't gotten a reply. I'm kinda new to the DIS so I hope I wasn't off base? :confused3

We are going on this cruise too!!!

Looks like no one has started the FE list so I'll take it on!!!

This cruise is going to be awesome:banana::banana::banana:

Hi GMD, though I wrote 2 posts above yours that my wife would be coming on to head things up for the FE, I am so glad you volunteered as she is more injured than we knew when I posted on the 18th just 2 days after the accident. With that said I don't know if we will have time to make gifts as I have her 40th St. Patrick's Day Birthday surprise party to plan. Maybe if the FE numbers are low we can still participate as this cruise is a combo 40th birthday and 12th anniversary cruise. :scratchin

If you wanna sign up for the FE list email me Great.Mouse.Detective@aol.com this info ...

Rm Number
Names
Kids Info (Names and ages)
Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary?
and an email for the list.

I'll keep an updated list here for everyone

How many are on the list? When is the cutoff? Usually cutoffs are 4-6 weeks before the cruise depending the size of the list. When will you post it? :)

Our board is so quiet :( Did everyone have a nice weekend?

Except for my DWs continued pain, our weekend was great as our Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl!!! :cheer2:

We are Sailing on this cruise and it is our first. We are a Military family. We have 2 boys ages 3 and 8. I am so excited and I can't wait. Any tips/suggestions for a first timer if appreciated. :banana:

I'm a military contractor. What base are you on?

Welcome!! Its our first cruise too....so no helpful tips from me. But glad to see another person join the group! My husband and I will be on the cruise with my daughter, 14 and son, 12.

Are either of you (mrsaunders or emorris002) on FB? There is a Cruise Addicts Group and a FE Group that my DW says are great. I can get the links/exact names from her later.

Speaking of groups, every cruise she has gone on for the past 5 cruises has also had a FB group to link the DIS thread. She hosted and posted sign ups for Roaming Gnome magnet she did on each cruise, Champagne Girls, and when she cruised with her mother she hosted Mother/Daughter brunches either in Palo or the fancier of the 3 rotational restaurants per ship. Also it is easy to share cruise graphics and post cruise photos. We can create one if one hasn't been done already :grouphug:

I am hoping the cruise isn't too crowded. I am a TA and I keep checking the rooms and there are still lots of Ocean view and Verandah rooms available. Fingers crossed :donald:

Hoping you can help... We have a GTY room for one of the lower decks. They said we could get a better category if it doesn't sell out. Does that happen frequently? Also, we're flying down on Southwest for $57 each, but have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale vs. Miami and therefore can't get Disney's transportation. How should we travel from FLL to the Port? :confused3

We just got off the DVC Member 3 night cruise and there were 22 rooms that did the FE including us. My DW did 3 5 night B2B2B NY to Canada cruises on the Magic last year where we made FE gifts for 300 people. She is very well versed in FEs and would be happy to answer anything about them when she gets on here in a day or two. :)

Hi GMD, though I wrote 2 posts above yours that my wife would be coming on to head things up for the FE, I am so glad you volunteered as she is more injured than we knew when I posted on the 18th just 2 days after the accident. With that said I don't know if we will have time to make gifts as I have her 40th St. Patrick's Day Birthday surprise party to plan. Maybe if the FE numbers are low we can still participate as this cruise is a combo 40th birthday and 12th anniversary cruise. :scratchin

How many are on the list? When is the cutoff? Usually cutoffs are 4-6 weeks before the cruise depending the size of the list. When will you post it? :)

John

Sorry you got confused but here are your post above to refresh your memory.

I am confused :confused: about your first post as you weren't in the FE on the DVC cruise. I even double checked and you were the person who kept changing your story to everyone and then got really defensive when a few people called you out on it. I still have the email when your info was sent out but most people were unsure after all the drama that was caused. Didn't you just make a bunch of gifts (soaps) and pass them out because you were celebrating Christa's 40th Birthday and your wedding anniversary? :scratchin:

Oh well, I only bring this up because I would like to have a drama free time leading up to the cruise and really don't ant to see what happened last time happen again.

As for the FE we have 4 rooms signed up so far. I'm going to be posting the list in a few days and will determine a cut off date as we get closer. The group is still pretty small so if you think you can handle it (I don't want to take away from Christa's healing) please send me your info and I'll include you in the update. You can always change your mind later if it doesn't work out :thumbsup2

While I don't prefer the Facebook group to Disboards I understand it just works well for some. So in case anyone is interested I just set this up! (Talk is cheap ... Lets get some action going... LOL)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/WhataWondfulWorld/ :wizard:

Here is the list so far. I'll just keep updating this post as we go.

Quick question most FE's that I've hosted or been a part of there has always been someone who wanted some info private (like room numbers or kids info) I don't mind either way. No matter what if your on the list I'll send you an email with all the details.

Right now I just made the list like this but I can add all the info on this post or keep it private. Just let me know :)

• Paul and Rae + 2 kids
  • Chris and Shannon + 1 Child
  • Eileen and Allison + 1 Child
  • Audrey and Nate
  • John and Christa

John

Sorry you got confused but here are your post above to refresh your memory.

I am confused :confused: about your first post as you weren't in the FE on the DVC cruise. I even double checked and you were the person who kept changing your story to everyone and then got really defensive when a few people called you out on it. I still have the email when your info was sent out but most people were unsure after all the drama that was caused. Didn't you just make a bunch of gifts (soaps) and pass them out because you were celebrating Christa's 40th Birthday and your wedding anniversary? :scratchin:

Oh well, I only bring this up because I would like to have a drama free time leading up to the cruise and really don't ant to see what happened last time happen again.

As for the FE we have 4 rooms signed up so far. I'm going to be posting the list in a few days and will determine a cut off date as we get closer. The group is still pretty small so if you think you can handle it (I don't want to take away from Christa's healing) please send me your info and I'll include you in the update. You can always change your mind later if it doesn't work out :thumbsup2

While I don't prefer the Facebook group to Disboards I understand it just works well for some. So in case anyone is interested I just set this up! (Talk is cheap ... Lets get some action going... LOL)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/WhataWondfulWorld/ :wizard:

First let me say that drama is the last thing that we want. That whole issue on the DVC cruise almost ruined my 1st member cruise experience. Quite frankly of the two of us she Loves cruising and I like being on land. She was hoping that experience would help me like cruising but because of the drama it just created more anxiety! It ruined some of my wife's 40th birthday celebration and our 12th anniversary. That whole situation on the member cruise was started by one individual that harassed my wife to the point of stalking on FB where my wife had to block that person. When I joined I didn't do a good job in concealing our identity and this person who was obsessed with my wife couldn't let it go. If she had been the bigger person she would have let me sign up on the day the list closed as she let other people sign up after me. But instead she harassed me via PMs and then in the thread!

Yes, we brought the gifts because there were many who ignored the drama creators and emailed me that were going to do it and a couple recognized my wife as an organizer from the Canada cruises. One in fact hoped we were bringing the same gifts and hoped my wife would do the Roaming Gnome again, lol! Plus I wanted to show that we were not 'scamming' for gifts as someone accused me of doing and to prove we weren't the ones who created the drama in the first place. About 75% of the list participated especially after I dropped off the gifts. A couple passed me in the hall after I dropped theirs off and apologized as they couldn't order more gifts even if there wasn't drama. I thought that was considerate. After this conversation I would like to put the bad memories to rest.

Moving forward you will learn when my wife Christa joins us on here that she loves All things Disney and Cruising, but more importantly she is a friendly and helpful person who sees the good in everyone. She has organized FEs, Champagne Girls, Mother's/Daughters Brunches, Roaming Gnomes, Premiere Movie Watching, Wine Tasting, etc. In fact she's organized or done almost everything on a list she suggested I give you all a link to a

So.... That catches up to now. We didn't have this cruise planned because we did a 2 week Disney vacation that ended with DVC cruise mainly for her 40th birthday. But as most of you know or will find out - if you book another cruise on board you get perks or for those who use DVC points you call within 3 days of getting off the ship to get a discount for your next cruise. So since her actual birthday is St. Patrick's Day and our anniversary is Cinqo de Mayo we looked for a cruise in between the 2 dates. Then she saw that the Wonder was sailing out of Miami. I told her we could do a 3 night Dream and Epcot for the Topiary festival and she said since we saw it last year that she wanted a Grand Slam. I soon learned that a Grand Slam is all 4 ships in 12 months. We sailed last Cinqo de Mayo on the Fantasy, she was lucky and did the DVC sale with her mom on the Magic from NY to Canada, then we did the DVC Member Dream, which leaves this Wonder to hit a Grand Slam before May 12th. Long story short if it wasn't for this "issue" I wouldn't have said yes to a 2nd cruise this year (or maybe ever, lol) but since a Grand Slam was on the line here we are! I guess there is a silver lining to every thing! :goodvibes

Soooo... As for the FE this group the list seems small and manageable so far. We are John (39) and Christa (soon to be 40) celebrating her big birthday, our ordinary 12th anniversary, and our Grand Slam. Currently we booked a Cat 11 GTY hoping that they would move us up as the ship isn't full. When we get our room number we will let you know.

I prefer not to (FB) either to each their own right ...LOL

Chris wanted newbies to cruising and/or FEs who do use FB to know about the FB link for the DCL Fan page above and for this other FE Group page where people post photos of FEs they make or have been given as an inspiration page...
Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/

Here is the list so far. I'll just keep updating this post as we go.

Quick question most FE's that I've hosted or been a part of there has always been someone who wanted some info private (like room numbers or kids info) I don't mind either way. No matter what if your on the list I'll send you an email with all the details.

Right now I just made the list like this but I can add all the info on this post or keep it private. Just let me know :)

• Paul and Rae + 2 kids
  • Audrey and Nate

* DH John (39) and DW Christa (39/40) - Cat 11 GTY ~ Celebrating her 40th, our 12th, 1st Platinum cruise and the Grand Slam ~ I like Nemo and Christa loves Sorcerer Mickey/Tink ~ My fav color is Black and hers is Purple

Besides the last cruise, every list Chris has been on or hosted no one cared about sharing their info like I just did as long as the FB Group page was Closed so that information stayed off the News Feed. I dont know for DIS as this is my 2nd thread (Chris has been on at least 10 threads), but for FB Groups... Open = Anyone can join, everything you post is public on your feed for all to see and Closed = You can search for the group, you have to be approved after you click Join (like I just did), and nothing you post ends up in the feed/home page. So she said that every group she has been in or started has had a DIS thread and FB Closed Group where every list was posted freely so that people can make or buy gifts based on gender specific and age specific for infants, toddlers, grade school, teens, adults. We also have been given personalized gifts. We like to know favorite Characters and Color as well. We pre-print our labels with everyones names to make stuffing the bags and delivery easier. Also all the lists used DW DH DD DS so we knew if everyone in the cabin was related for family gifts. Hope this helps. :thumbsup2

Here is the list so far...

• Paul and Rae + 2 kids
  • Audrey and Nate

My wife wanted me to share with the new cruisers and for those on the FE that there are additional resources for those who don't mind FB. "mrsaunders" I know you have previously said you don't do FB but if you have family that wouldn't mind pulling it up for you here are two links that are very helpful...

Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/

Chris said that... People post photos of gifts they have made or have been given as an inspiration page. Also people post where they can buy FEs or how to make them. Also people post links to where they can buy FE gifts on Etsy or parts to make gifts like Mickey Head dowel end caps or beads.

Enjoy :wizard:

First let me say that drama is the last thing that we want. That whole issue on the DVC cruise almost ruined my 1st member cruise experience. Quite frankly of the two of us she Loves cruising and I like being on land. She was hoping that experience would help me like cruising but because of the drama it just created more anxiety! It ruined some of my wife's 40th birthday celebration and our 12th anniversary. That whole situation on the member cruise was started by one individual that harassed my wife to the point of stalking on FB where my wife had to block that person. When I joined I didn't do a good job in concealing our identity and this person who was obsessed with my wife couldn't let it go. If she had been the bigger person she would have let me sign up on the day the list closed as she let other people sign up after me. But instead she harassed me via PMs and then in the thread!

Yes, we brought the gifts because there were many who ignored the drama creators and emailed me that were going to do it and a couple recognized my wife as an organizer from the Canada cruises. One in fact hoped we were bringing the same gifts and hoped my wife would do the Roaming Gnome again, lol! Plus I wanted to show that we were not 'scamming' for gifts as someone accused me of doing and to prove we weren't the ones who created the drama in the first place. About 75% of the list participated especially after I dropped off the gifts. A couple passed me in the hall after I dropped theirs off and apologized as they couldn't order more gifts even if there wasn't drama. I thought that was considerate. After this conversation I would like to put the bad memories to rest.

Thanks for attempting to clear that up. Unfortunately I know I lot more info and witnessed a lot more from you and Christa to know your wrong in your account; whether your lying again or just misinformed by your wife. My point is don't start drama over here. No one on this cruise should have to go through what you and Christa did to everyone on the last cruise

Hi All, my DW (Hope Sparkles) and I just got off the DVC Members Cruise a few days ago. My DW twisted my arm to do this April cruise as she will "hit a Grand Slam"... For those of you who are new to the DIS and to other things Disney like I am, a Grand Slam means all 4 ships in 1 year. I didn't go on the Magic in September as I had a work conference so I'm 1 ship short of her achievement. And, most likely she will be the one posting, but 2 days ago which was 2 days after we got home we were hit in a car accident and she is a bit more sore than me. I promised her I would jump on here to see how the thread was going as she is an avid DISer and after this past cruise she is now Platinum as I'm still Silver turning Gold with this next cruise. :cool1:

My DW has cruised DCL 10 times and I have 4 times. We've been on the Wonder for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise in 2011 for our 10th anniversary so we can help with DCL, Wonder, etc. questions but like you we need help with the Port of Miami as well. :scratchin

Congrats to your DD! My DW has organized so many events on previous cruises and/or has been a part of many other fun things to do. I know she has done a Champagne Girls event so as soon as she feels better I'll have her answer this :)

Ditto on this question. :scratchin

We just got off the DVC Member 3 night cruise and there were 22 rooms that did the FE including us. My DW did 3 5 night B2B2B NY to Canada cruises on the Magic last year where we made FE gifts for 300 people. She is very well versed in FEs and would be happy to answer anything about them when she gets on here in a day or two. :)

I was a bit worried to see only 2 pages. I know my DW will be excited to see there is a group forming. She will be on soon. ;)

Audrey, I posted on page 2 before you joined the thread. Does what I first wrote above or even to you directly or to anyone look like we are trying to create drama? No... nothing I wrote was in any effort to stir up trouble. Heck DW was planning on organizing the FE as I mentioned above and to you later.

Everything I have posted is in effort to have fun on a Disney cruise. So please stop going on about something that is a moot point.

You admitted that you received a gift from us, right? So you know we give them out when we say we do. You have seen me post helpful information right? You're already listed in a group as a member I gave everyone and your Ariel profile pic was listed as just visiting the FE group even though you posted earlier that you don't like Facebook... unless I misunderstood you.

What's in the past is in the past. What people need to know is 1) I saw personally the harassing emails that made me put my foot down and have my wife block that other person, so my wife did not lie. 2) we were enjoying the cruise planning drama free until you brought this up 3) we want to continue to enjoy cruise planning and sharing of info. Just like we want to learn from others. 4) we enjoy the FE experience and now we need to come up with a new gift since you shared with everyone what we gave out, lol! 5) we still want to be on the FE as you can see that we love Disney...

My wife was on the Walt Disney World College Program and worked at Epcot 20 years ago a year after having 4 surgeries for Cancer the year before making her a 21 year Survivor this year. She's alive because of a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust as Disney was her magic.

Audrey, please just let this go. If you have anything else just PM me. I'm willing to go over anything with you. But, none of this is anyone's business. The only reason I shared so much is that I just wanted to get the truth out in the open so that no one could say later I wasn't fully open. In fact if anyone needs clarification on anything just PM as this is all Off Topic of cruise planning for the future.

Thanks, John

Audrey, I posted on page 2 before you joined the thread. Does what I first wrote above or even to you directly or to anyone look like we are trying to create drama? No... nothing I wrote was in any effort to stir up trouble. Heck we were planning on organizing the FE as I mentioned above and to you later.

Everything I have posted is in effort to have fun on a Disney cruise. So please stop going on about something that is a moot point.

You admitted that you received a gift from us, right? So you know we give them out when we say we do. You have seen me post helpful information right? You're already listed in a group as a member I gave everyone and your Ariel profile pic was listed as just visiting the FE group even though you posted earlier that you don't like Facebook... unless I misunderstood you.

What's in the past is in the past. What people need to know is 1) I saw personally the harassing emails that made me put my foot down and have my wife block that other person, so my wife did not lie. 2) we were enjoying the cruise planning drama free until you brought this up 3) we want to continue to enjoy cruise planning and sharing of info. Just like we want to learn from others. 4) we enjoy the FE experience and now we need to come up with a new gift since you shared with everyone what we gave out, lol! 5) we still want to be on the FE as you can see that we love Disney...

My wife was on the Walt Disney World College Program and worked at Epcot 20 years ago a year after having 4 surgeries for Cancer the year before making her a 21 year Survivor this year. She's alive because of a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust as she had 1 year to live.

Audrey, please just let this go. If you have anything else just PM me. I'm willing to go over anything with you. But, none of this is anyone's business. The only reason I shared so much is that I just wanted to get the truth out in the open so that no one could say later I wasn't fully open. In fact if anyone needs clarification on anything just PM as this is all Off Topic of cruise planning for the future.

Thanks, John

P.S. Audrey, I notice my wife is in your friend's list. If you knew who she was maybe you would be understanding? :scratchin

I think you misunderstood so I will be very clear. Your continued attempt to "fix" your mistakes in your posting and obvious attempts at deflection have only increased the drama you say you are trying to avoid. I want no part of it. I do know your wife which is why she is on my Facebook. That is only one of the many reasons I know you are lying. After seeing the harassing PM's you and Christa sent to people on our last cruise and now hearing from people on the "B2B2B" I prefer not to have you PM me. Please refrain from directing any more of your fiction towards me. I'm sure everyone can make their own decisions on the situation once they do their own research.

In regards to the current FE you were already updated on the list. You did not list your email so I will need that. If you would like to just PM me that please go ahead but do not send me a a long novel length pm because I will not read it.

Thank you

Sorry... my wife nor I have been on in a while. I got slammed at work and it turns out my wife is worse of from the accident so I've been :drive: her to PT 3 times a week plus MT 1-2 times week as she can't drive. I wrote to 4 of you on page 2 but I see I haven't gotten a reply. I'm kinda new to the DIS so I hope I wasn't off base? :confused3

Except for my DWs continued pain, our weekend was great as our Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl!!! :cheer2:

I'm a military contractor. What base are you on?

Are either of you (mrsaunders or emorris002) on FB? There is a Cruise Addicts Group and a FE Group that my DW says are great. I can get the links/exact names from her later.

Speaking of groups, every cruise she has gone on for the past 5 cruises has also had a FB group to link the DIS thread. She hosted and posted sign ups for Roaming Gnome magnet she did on each cruise, Champagne Girls, and when she cruised with her mother she hosted Mother/Daughter brunches either in Palo or the fancier of the 3 rotational restaurants per ship. Also it is easy to share cruise graphics and post cruise photos. We can create one if one hasn't been done already :grouphug:

Hoping you can help... We have a GTY room for one of the lower decks. They said we could get a better category if it doesn't sell out. Does that happen frequently? Also, we're flying down on Southwest for $57 each, but have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale vs. Miami and therefore can't get Disney's transportation. How should we travel from FLL to the Port? :confused3

We are stationed at Fort Benning, Ga! Upgrades do happen on a regular basis. Your best chance would be to get to check in as early as possible and ask....also renting a car will be your best bet for transportation to Miami. Good Luck! :)

We are stationed at Fort Benning, Ga! Upgrades do happen on a regular basis. Your best chance would be to get to check in as early as possible and ask....also renting a car will be your best bet for transportation to Miami. Good Luck! :)

I'm a contractor for Overseas Service Corp which supplies the AAFES, NEXCOM and Commissary for all 11 bases in the Mid-Atlantic from APG to PAX River. I rep 50 companies and 100 brands of products from Hershey, Maybelline, Energizer, Diego, etc. My wife loves it when I come back from my annual sales conference @ The Shades of Green in WDW with samples. Especially cosmetics, lol! Ladies are like kids in a candy store when you bring them a pile of makeup. I don't get it, but it makes her :) especially since she hasn't been able to work for a few years. Last month we stopped at SOG and they were the last resort with the Christmas lights up. Again, like a kid in a candy store she loved seeing the Soldier lights going down the road and the lobby was decked out to the brim.

Regarding the ship... We dont have our room number because DVC gave us a GTY status and told us we could be assigned a better room than a 11C. So if I'm understanding with a Cat 11 GTY instead of getting C on deck 2 we could get A on a higher deck or even a Cat 10 for the price of 11C by the time they assign our room. How is that different for arriving early? :scratchin

Also, since asking the question of how to get to Miami I started searching car options. I'm not finding any companies that will let me rent at FLL and drop at the Port. Enterprise use to but not anymore. Do you know of any off chance? Your help is greatly appreciated. :goodvibes Thanks!

I have deleted the link to the FB DCLFan page where I have seen it. It is run by a TA and is against board guidelines.

MJ

I'm also on Wonder out of Miami on the 4th. I know that this forum is about the April 18 sailing but I'm nervous because there are no blogs/forums on my dates. This is the first time crusing on Disney and have tons of questions. I've been reading to answer some. What is a fish extender by the way? I've read that in many forums but no explanation. Any info out of port of Miami will be welcome as well, even though you guys are crusing on the 18th, that's just two weeks apart. looking for cheaper parking options too. Help!!! PLEASE :worried:

Regarding the ship... We dont have our room number because DVC gave us a GTY status and told us we could be assigned a better room than a 11C. So if I'm understanding with a Cat 11 GTY instead of getting C on deck 2 we could get A on a higher deck or even a Cat 10 for the price of 11C by the time they assign our room. How is that different for arriving early? :scratchin

Also, since asking the question of how to get to Miami I started searching car options. I'm not finding any companies that will let me rent at FLL and drop at the Port. Enterprise use to but not anymore. Do you know of any off chance? Your help is greatly appreciated. :goodvibes Thanks!

You can upgrade at the port, for a fee. They have a chart that tells you how much the upgrade will cost and it's based on the category you purchased (11C) and the category you want, plus of course availability. The earlier you get to port, the more rooms there MAY be to upgrade to.

There are several shuttle services from FLL to Port of Miami, or they can pick you up at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. A taxi to POM is about $60-70. There are no car rentals at the Port, but there are some in downtown Miami.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter