• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

Hey y'all. I'm booked on this cruise too. It will be my 3rd DCL cruise, 7th overall. My dad was stationed on Treasure Island in SF bay (I'm a Navy brat) so I'm really excited to be going back. Two days in SF will be awesome! Looking forward to meeting other Disers.
Lynda

Hey y'all. I'm booked on this cruise too. It will be my 3rd DCL cruise, 7th overall. My dad was stationed on Treasure Island in SF bay (I'm a Navy brat) so I'm really excited to be going back. Two days in SF will be awesome! Looking forward to meeting other Disers.
Lynda

Hi Lynda....:welcome: aboard!!! Looking forward to meeting you.

Welcome aboard Lynda - nice to see our group growing.

Hi all, thanks for the welcomes!
Priced out car on Avis for the same dates in 2012. About 120/day to pick up in Vancouver and drop off in Seattle. Def worth it for my family of 5. It will also give us a chance to do our own exploring post cruise.

Hi all, thanks for the welcomes!
Priced out car on Avis for the same dates in 2012. About 120/day to pick up in Vancouver and drop off in Seattle. Def worth it for my family of 5. It will also give us a chance to do our own exploring post cruise.

Where are you picking up, Vancouver airport? I am thinking of doing the same thing, renting a car for a few days and then driving it down to SEATAC. We shall see, either way it is cheaper than flying out of Vancouver

Our first cruise is this April on the Dream but I'm a believer and booked this cruise Thursday morn! Will be pulling the kidos out of school for it...What a fantastic way for them to see the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time! Hoping to fit in DL prior. Love the idea of flying out of Seattle home! Not only will it save big bucks but will be another cool city we can share with our children!

me, DH, (and in 2013) DD 11, DS 8, DS almost 5

Lynda

Welcome to all our new friends! I have a a feeling we are going to have a quite a group on this trip, as this cruise is quite a bargain compared to Alaska but you still kinda get to see that area. I have added everyones names to the first post, feel free to give me any other info you want to share, as we get closer I might ask for names and genders for the FE. I have never done one before so I am open to any guidance anyone has.

So excited to meet everyone! :grouphug:

Hello everyone, we are planning to book this cruise this weekend when we are on board Magic for the Western Carribean cruise.

It will be our first cruise with our soon-to-be-adopted son, sister-in-law's 50th birthday and my close friend in LA decided to join us too, so we will have a big group.

Plus I have never been to Victoria or Vancouver, it sure will be an exciting trip.

Please let me know more about the return flight options. Cheaper the flight cost, the more $ we can spend on other things :)

Hey! I didn't see this thread and started another one. I am on this cruise and the one immediately following this one to Alaska. I am with my DD (14).

Welcome to all our new friends! I have a a feeling we are going to have a quite a group on this trip, as this cruise is quite a bargain compared to Alaska but you still kinda get to see that area. I have added everyones names to the first post, feel free to give me any other info you want to share, as we get closer I might ask for names and genders for the FE. I have never done one before so I am open to any guidance anyone has.

So excited to meet everyone! :grouphug:

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. I just wanted to let you know that I am handling the fish extender for the March 22, 2012 cruise that I am on. If you have any questions about the fish extender or you need any help...just ask!!!

Hello everyone, we are planning to book this cruise this weekend when we are on board Magic for the Western Carribean cruise.

It will be our first cruise with our soon-to-be-adopted son, sister-in-law's 50th birthday and my close friend in LA decided to join us too, so we will have a big group.

Plus I have never been to Victoria or Vancouver, it sure will be an exciting trip.

Please let me know more about the return flight options. Cheaper the flight cost, the more $ we can spend on other things :)

:welcome: to our group. I've never been to San Francisco, Victoria or Vancouver...I can't wait for this cruise!!!!

Hey! I didn't see this thread and started another one. I am on this cruise and the one immediately following this one to Alaska. I am with my DD (14).

:welcome: to our group!!!! How exciting for you and your daughter doing a b2b. Going to Alaska someday...it's on my wish list.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! :wave2:

DH, DS5 and I are currently booked on this cruise ... it will be our third if we go, the first was the 2010 Southbound Wonder Repo, our second will be this December to check out Castaway Cay. :beach:

This cruise was a lot pricier than I was hoping for (had the southbound 6 night 2011 as an OBB dummy for $1700 for the three of us, and when moved the booking this one it was $2400 for the same category with first day pricing! One extra day for another 1.5 times the cost! Ouch!), and we usually like to vacation in the fall so we may or may not end up taking this cruise depending on what happens with the fall Wonder itineraries and our budget after the 2nd cruise. :headache: But if it ends up being the only Pacific Coast cruise next year and our finances are in order we may just join y'all!

If things work out the way we're hoping we will be living in our house about 40 minutes East of SF when this cruise takes place, but even though we lived in East Bay for about a decade prior to moving to Maui, we didn't get to be tourists there very often. DH & DS are both native Northern Californians and none of us has ever stepped foot on Alcatraz or been to the Disney Museum.

Its a great itinerary and I loved being on the ocean between SF & Vancouver last time since there were dolphin and whale sightings! Hope everybody has a great cruise!
:wave:

Congrats on your up comming adoption. Having been through the process twice I know what an exciting time this is for you and your family.

Nicole

Lynda

Welcome Lynda!

Welcome and congrats on the upcoming adoption.

Welcome - a double dip sounds like fun.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! :wave2:

DH, DS5 and I are currently booked on this cruise ... it will be our third if we go, the first was the 2010 Southbound Wonder Repo, our second will be this December to check out Castaway Cay. :beach:

This cruise was a lot pricier than I was hoping for (had the southbound 6 night 2011 as an OBB dummy for $1700 for the three of us, and when moved the booking this one it was $2400 for the same category with first day pricing! One extra day for another 1.5 times the cost! Ouch!), and we usually like to vacation in the fall so we may or may not end up taking this cruise depending on what happens with the fall Wonder itineraries and our budget after the 2nd cruise. :headache: But if it ends up being the only Pacific Coast cruise next year and our finances are in order we may just join y'all!

If things work out the way we're hoping we will be living in our house about 40 minutes East of SF when this cruise takes place, but even though we lived in East Bay for about a decade prior to moving to Maui, we didn't get to be tourists there very often. DH & DS are both native Northern Californians and none of us has ever stepped foot on Alcatraz or been to the Disney Museum.

Its a great itinerary and I loved being on the ocean between SF & Vancouver last time since there were dolphin and whale sightings! Hope everybody has a great cruise!
:wave:

Welcome - hope you come with us.

thanks! does anyone know how to book a GTY room this early? I am trying to be cheap and want to book a cat 11 gty and take my chance, but since there are still room to choice from, I don't see that option.

thanks! does anyone know how to book a GTY room this early? I am trying to be cheap and want to book a cat 11 gty and take my chance, but since there are still room to choice from, I don't see that option.

They probably aren't offering the GTY option yet as these cruises just started. I would say that they low prices won't be seen for awhile on these cruises.

They probably aren't offering the GTY option yet as these cruises just started. I would say that they low prices won't be seen for awhile on these cruises.

in your opinion what should I do? I am going on the boat tomorrow, should I just book it and get the onboard discount, or wait till later when GTY is offered. I just checked the 2012 reposition cruise, I am suprise cat 11b still the same price as the 2013 cruise. I wonder why.

Oh wow! How did this get to three pages without me noticing!? You guys are quick!

We moved our dummy date to this cruise on opening day. We were really, really (no, really!) hoping the Wonder would continue doing the Mexican Riviera for 2013. We had our heart set on a spring break cruise. We took the Vancouver to LA repo last fall (our first cruise ever!) and just loved it. We did decide 5 nights just wasn't enough so I was happy this one is 7 nights, especially with the two days in San Fran! We've never been there so quite excited about that. And it means we only need a one-way flight to LA as we can just bus home from Vancouver :yay:.

Our crew is myself & dh, and our two daughters - who will be 8 and 12 by the time we cruise :eek: Gasp! how can that be?! We booked a 5C on deck 6 but I'm mulling over bumping up to a 5B if we can get on deck 7. Just to be one flight closer to the pool and drink station for our morning hot chocolates (a highlight of our last cruise!). Oh, and the ice cream dispenser! I didn't find out about *that* until the last day of our cruise and I've been griping about it ever since ("Mom! just let it go...") although it probably saved me a good 10 pounds.

Sigh...it's going to be a long 16 months! At least it gives us lots of time to save. :rolleyes1

Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel :lmao:

It is moving fast! So how many of us are coming from the east coast? I am a little afraid of what air will cost.:scared1:

Oh wow! How did this get to three pages without me noticing!? You guys are quick!

We moved our dummy date to this cruise on opening day. We were really, really (no, really!) hoping the Wonder would continue doing the Mexican Riviera for 2013. We had our heart set on a spring break cruise. We took the Vancouver to LA repo last fall (our first cruise ever!) and just loved it. We did decide 5 nights just wasn't enough so I was happy this one is 7 nights, especially with the two days in San Fran! We've never been there so quite excited about that. And it means we only need a one-way flight to LA as we can just bus home from Vancouver :yay:.

Our crew is myself & dh, and our two daughters - who will be 8 and 12 by the time we cruise :eek: Gasp! how can that be?! We booked a 5C on deck 6 but I'm mulling over bumping up to a 5B if we can get on deck 7. Just to be one flight closer to the pool and drink station for our morning hot chocolates (a highlight of our last cruise!). Oh, and the ice cream dispenser! I didn't find out about *that* until the last day of our cruise and I've been griping about it ever since ("Mom! just let it go...") although it probably saved me a good 10 pounds.

Sigh...it's going to be a long 16 months! At least it gives us lots of time to save. :rolleyes1

Hi FergusBC and family... :welcome: aboard!!! Oh don't get me started on the ice cream...we love it!!!! Looking forward to chatting with you and meeting you.

Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel :lmao:

Went and checked...ours says the same thing!!!

It is moving fast! So how many of us are coming from the east coast? I am a little afraid of what air will cost.:scared1:

East Coast here....we're from Southern Delaware...near the beaches. I see you're from Williamsburg, Virginia...about 4 hours from us.

in your opinion what should I do? I am going on the boat tomorrow, should I just book it and get the onboard discount, or wait till later when GTY is offered. I just checked the 2012 reposition cruise, I am suprise cat 11b still the same price as the 2013 cruise. I wonder why.

I am not sure what to tell you. I would definitely book a cruise, if not this one, onboard to get the discount. If the price is the same, my guess is that the cruise is not selling well or it has been discounted. My guess is that although I love the itinerary, it is not one with wide appeal. However, there are no guarantees, prices can go up or down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter