Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

I've lost track.....who all is going on this cruise and the 1st AK cruise?

I know we are.

Just booked the AK part while we were on PCC 3.0. Now to get Tracey working on getting us (Jeff & Val) the same cabin on both legs so we don't have to move.

I know we are.
I looked into it, but the cost is twice as much as the repo cruise. :scared1: And we will be missing some school already, so an additional week is out of the question. But it looks awesome so those of you that are going will have a blast!

I know we are.

Up until yesterday I would have said "we are", but now all of a sudden it seems like I may have trouble getting time off work for this cruise, so we may end up only doing the first Alaska one after all :sad1:. Nothing is certain yet though (and probably won't be for quite a while - I wish my boss would just let me know for sure!), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Up until yesterday I would have said "we are", but now all of a sudden it seems like I may have trouble getting time off work for this cruise, so we may end up only doing the first Alaska one after all :sad1:. Nothing is certain yet though (and probably won't be for quite a while - I wish my boss would just let me know for sure!), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your leave approved.

Corinna

I keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your leave approved.

Corinna

Thank you Corinna! Don't you all just hate it when you are really busy planning something, and all of a sudden something like this comes up? And you have to put all that planning on hold and just wait, wait, wait until you know whether it's all gonna happen at all? Arrrgh! :sad2:

Thank you Corinna! Don't you all just hate it when you are really busy planning something, and all of a sudden something like this comes up? And you have to put all that planning on hold and just wait, wait, wait until you know whether it's all gonna happen at all? Arrrgh! :sad2:

Oh yes. This happened to me in 2010. I was put on enforced leave over Christmas 2009 which meant I did no longer have enough vacation time to go round to do both the Eastbound and the Westbound Transatlantic. I was going to do the Eastbound Transatlantic as a solo cruise as DH did not want to do it. In the end it worked out for the best as we both did the first Med cruise of the season. I was not really interested in a Med cruise, but figured I would be happy just being on the Magic, but I had an absolutely amazing time.

Corinna

Welcome to all of those who have joined us in the last couple of weeks. Everyday it gets a little closer. :)

Don't forget to join the facebook group for this cruise. PM for more information.

-Ann Marie

Hi! My DH Barry and I (Janice) will be joining the cruise as well. This will be our 2nd DCL trip but our 1st without children. We're looking forward to exploring these west coast destinations!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Corinna, I don't think we have met before, but I'm looking forward to it! These will be our 6th and 7th Disney cruises. Hawaii was the 4th, and we booked a 3-day Valentine's Day 2013 on the Dream primarily to get to CC Gold level so we can prebook excursions on these :-)

Hi! My DH Barry and I (Janice) will be joining the cruise as well. This will be our 2nd DCL trip but our 1st without children. We're looking forward to exploring these west coast destinations!

Welcome on board.

Hi Corinna, I don't think we have met before, but I'm looking forward to it! These will be our 6th and 7th Disney cruises. Hawaii was the 4th, and we booked a 3-day Valentine's Day 2013 on the Dream primarily to get to CC Gold level so we can prebook excursions on these :-)

I am still pondering if I can get a sneaky little cruise in this year. At the moment those cruises are number 9 and 10, but I would love for the Alaska cruise to be our first Platinum cruise.

Corinna

Corinna, thanks for the welcome. I've never used the DIS boards before this week, but I'm hooked! Loving the information I'm getting and can't wait to meet folks in person.

There's a wealth of info to be found on DIS.
Welcome....

I am still pondering if I can get a sneaky little cruise in this year. At the moment those cruises are number 9 and 10, but I would love for the Alaska cruise to be our first Platinum cruise.

Corinna

I can relate to that! In my case, I wish we could do another cruise in between (which we definitely can't - one b2b cruise per year is almost more than enough for DH! ;) ) so we would become Gold BEFORE the whole b2b, not inbetween the first and second legs.
As far as I see it, the earlier online booking window is one of the two main advantages - the other being the 10% shopping discount -, and since our 5th cruise won't be done until the day we start our 6th ... no 105 days booking window for us.

I can relate to that! In my case, I wish we could do another cruise in between (which we definitely can't - one b2b cruise per year is almost more than enough for DH! ;) ) so we would become Gold BEFORE the whole b2b, not inbetween the first and second legs.
As far as I see it, the earlier online booking window is one of the two main advantages - the other being the 10% shopping discount -, and since our 5th cruise won't be done until the day we start our 6th ... no 105 days booking window for us.

There is also a rather nice gift for Gold and Platinum members this year. And you get to attend the Castaway Club reception that I quite enjoy. The earlier booking window is a nice perk, but I don't think that this will be as important on this cruise. On our Hawaii cruise, if you were not a Platinum Castaway, you were in trouble. Two excursions we really wanted to do were fully booked within hours of the Platinum booking window opening. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though. For one of them of them we found something very similar through a local tour operator that was not only half the price, but also added some extras like a wine tasting. The other we lost out on what we wanted to do, but the second choice absolutely blew my mind. Best of all, this gives me an excuse to return.

As far as this cruise is concerned, we are going the DIY/ independent route for excursions and I think we will for the Alaska part as well. I am hoping to get Palo Brunch and Dinner on both cruises though.

Corinna

Were the extra gifts for gold/platinum still the luggage strap, note cards and a journal? I miss the little box of truffles we used to get in addition to the other stuff. One on has so many suitcases and we've run out of suitcases to use the luggage straps on.

Yes, they were. I have never got the truffles. Our first Gold cruise was the 2011 Panama Canal cruise and we got a document holder and luggage strap. On our Mexican Riviera cruise, we got the same, but also the note cards that have come in handy on a number of occasions. I love the journal that I got on the Hawaii cruise, but I don't dare using it. If I get some more next year, I will most certainly start using them. I have to say though, we now have enough luggage straps ;)

Corinna

Were the extra gifts for gold/platinum still the luggage strap, note cards and a journal? I miss the little box of truffles we used to get in addition to the other stuff. One on has so many suitcases and we've run out of suitcases to use the luggage straps on.

That's what it was for us (Gold) on PCC 3.0 on June 24th. No truffles. :(

There is also a rather nice gift for Gold and Platinum members this year. And you get to attend the Castaway Club reception that I quite enjoy. The earlier booking window is a nice perk, but I don't think that this will be as important on this cruise. On our Hawaii cruise, if you were not a Platinum Castaway, you were in trouble. Two excursions we really wanted to do were fully booked within hours of the Platinum booking window opening. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though. For one of them of them we found something very similar through a local tour operator that was not only half the price, but also added some extras like a wine tasting. The other we lost out on what we wanted to do, but the second choice absolutely blew my mind. Best of all, this gives me an excuse to return.

As far as this cruise is concerned, we are going the DIY/ independent route for excursions and I think we will for the Alaska part as well. I am hoping to get Palo Brunch and Dinner on both cruises though.

Corinna

You're right, I totally forgot about the extra gifts and the reception! :scratchin Yes, definitely looking forward to those! And you are probably right about the booking window, it may not be too important. I can't complain anyway, on my last two cruises (my first ones) I always got everything I wanted, even though being a newbie or silver CC member. True, I didn't get exactly the times I wanted for Palo dinner, and I had to recheck the website eight trillion times for a brunch to open up on our first cruise - but it all worked out in the end, and we even got a second Palo brunch thrown in because some very nice new-found friends spontaneously invited us to the Palo private room they had booked (thanks Kathy and Frank!).
So, absolutely no reason to complain about booking windows here.

Btw, we also think we will go without Disney excursions on this cruise, but probably not on the Alaskan one. Too early to say though, really - I haven't even started getting my mind wrapped around the dozens of Alaskan excursions that sound appealing to me! :confused3 But anyway, I shall ponder that on another thread. This one is for thinking about San Francisco and Victoria, both of which we've never been to! :goodvibes

That's what it was for us (Gold) on PCC 3.0 on June 24th. No truffles. :(

I'm so glad I never knew about the truffles beforehand, so I can't be disappointed not to have them. (Though in all honesty I still am - love truffles! ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter