Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called again and asked the CM if there were any planned refurbs to the restaurant. She asked her supervisor and the supervisor wrote back simply that there is no estimated time as to when they will release the dates for March. So she didn't specifically address my question but the CM said she took that as that it is not going to be down for any reason just that they haven't opened the dates yet...

Here's to hoping she's right!

I'm trying to get 3/30, which is our arrival day, to kick the trip off right. We don't plan to get to the world until about 4. I have dinners planned already on our other two MK days (we don't have hoppers) and we really want to hit EMH at HS on 4/1 so staying up late with little kids and then trying to RD the next morning is NOT a good idea.

ok i'm confused since i've only read the last few pages. sorry for being such a newb lol. has February opened already? i am guessing they are all booked and i am out of luck huh? everyone is talking about March still not being open right?

ok i'm confused since i've only read the last few pages. sorry for being such a newb lol. has February opened already? i am guessing they are all booked and i am out of luck huh? everyone is talking about March still not being open right?

Feb is open and everyone is talking about March. According to someone a few posts ago there are still some Feb dates available. Good luck!!

ok that's what i thought. i will keep checking for Feb. so far i haven't seen any but i'll keep trying. thank you.

the CM I talked to on Friday also said it is possible they may not be offering March.. or that they may be doing renovations..
I just think its REALLY crappy that NO ONE can give us some real answers
This is the one thing we REALLY wanted to do :(

redkel said:
Just to pass the time and to keep from going insane from the delay/wait for them to open the March ADR window...

WHEN are you looking to book for March?

I am trying for our traditional last night Dessert Party for March 5. I'll take another day during our stay up to 3/5, but would really prefer that Tuesday - if they have one.

I am trying for March 5th as well. Fingers crossed that reservations open soon!

the CM I talked to on Friday also said it is possible they may not be offering March.. or that they may be doing renovations..
I just think its REALLY crappy that NO ONE can give us some real answers
This is the one thing we REALLY wanted to do :(

The phone CMs can only give us the information they're given. They take the brunt of frustrations, but there isn't anything they can do to get the information faster.

IF for some reason they aren't opening this up I'm sure you'll have fun with other great things at Disney.

you know, because it's so late compared to other months, I am starting to think they are not going to have any dates open for March (or even later). They could be closing it for March to do a major renovation or something to the space--or they may have decided to end it completely. Who knows? I do wish they would release that information though, so we would know one way or another. Hey, maybe they are going to tear the roof off, since it probably isn't really conducive to a fireworks view event. If they did that every table would have a view from their table. Maybe that's worthy of a rehab closure for a month or two. (but why my month, lol!)

I think the odds of a total closure for any sort of extended rehab are extremely slim for March because Easter is Mar 31 this year. That sort of renovation tends to be done in January/February or September when there is an extended "slow" period, not around major holidays. So it is just a matter of time before we can start booking March IMO.

The phone CMs can only give us the information they're given. They take the brunt of frustrations, but there isn't anything they can do to get the information faster.

IF for some reason they aren't opening this up I'm sure you'll have fun with other great things at Disney.

Right I know that.. what I am saying is SOMEONE somewhere knows WHY it isnt open yet and its not really fair to those phone CM's either KWIM
I felt bad for the lady i talked to Friday she was really nice ( I was nice to her never got mad or anything) but she said someone cursed and yelled at her earlier that day over this :(.. which is sad behavior they shouldnt have to deal with

I think the odds of a total closure for any sort of extended rehab are extremely slim for March because Easter is Mar 31 this year. That sort of renovation tends to be done in January/February or September when there is an extended "slow" period, not around major holidays. So it is just a matter of time before we can start booking March IMO.

You know you are right i never even considered Easter being the 31st ..we were going to go that week instead and our TA changed our minds. I have never gone that week but she said its one of the busiest all year

Just to pass the time and to keep from going insane from the delay/wait for them to open the March ADR window...

WHEN are you looking to book for March?

I am trying for our traditional last night Dessert Party for March 5. I'll take another day during our stay up to 3/5, but would really prefer that Tuesday - if they have one.

Me too, for same reason: last day, last night.
Hope to see you there.

I could do 3-2 but that would make for a long day as we have a 8AM ADR at Crystal Palace.

Just checked and nothing yet for March,,
fingers and toes crossed hoping it opens today!!!!

Hugs Mel

I am hoping for 3/27. 3/28 would be my second choice and 3/25 my third. We are there all week but have ADR for the other nights already.

Feb is open and everyone is talking about March. According to someone a few posts ago there are still some Feb dates available. Good luck!!

you know for curiosity i checked every date in Feb and nothing came up..
this makes me wonder if calling does have an advantage since it was a CM who said there was availability.... unless it booked up that fast

Does anyone else find their online dining reservation system unreliable (and that's an understatement - I really want to say something much harsher!)?

I've been searching there for days now, and half the time when it says "no availability" when I look at the date it's referring to, it hasn't even changed to the date I entered...so is there really "no availability" on my date, or the first date I checked?

What a nightmare for those poor CM folks taking calls and having to be the "face" of Disney's NEW "My Experience." What a mess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter