Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzi

Lizzi Mouseketeer

I managed to book in for the 27th February just last week for a party of 8, so doubt it books up that fast. I really would prefer the 6th or 8th March though...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Oh gosh, here I am antsy as anything for April to open and you guys for March are still waiting:worried:.

I have to say, the thought has crossed my mind to find something else to do in place of the party :duck: (sorry!!). We've been holding aside the last Saturday night of our trip for this and I'd hate to get to the last minute and not be able to get it. Not sure what else we'd do instead though, can't think of anything comparable off the top of my head!:confused3

4. cheesemouse

cheesemouse DIS Veteran

While more expensive than the dessert party, you could book one of the dinner shows (Hoop Dee Do or Luau) or a nice dinner at either Poly or GF if you are wanting to still see the fireworks that night.

5. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

Ok. Just heard about this dessert party. Can someone please explain? My friend and I are going in April and may respectively and are very intrigued and dying to know more.....please help:)

6. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

bigfish32, the fireworks dessert party is held in Magic Kingdom at the tomorrowland terrace.
    You have to have a reservation and it's not covered on the dining plan so you have to pay OOP for it.

It starts an hour before Wishes fireworks, and they serve all sorts of fancy desserts and some drinks.
    Once the fireworks start you have a private viewing area to see the fireworks.
    They only let in ppl with ressies, so it's a nice spot to enjoy fireworks and delectable desserts. :)
    It books up fast and we are still waiting for Disney to open up the reservations for the March parties.
    They only open up ressies a few weeks in advance.

Ok so I sent an e-mail last night thru the "contact us" link in My Disney experience.
    I used the "Dining, Tours, Recreation" topic as my subject.

I politely asked if they were going to have the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party in March. Told them I was wondering because reservations haven't been opened yet for March and I was hoping to book for my birthday.
    I also said that any information regarding March Dessert parties in MK would be greatly appreciated.

I put in all the required info including my resort confirmation #.

I received an e-mail back this morning...
    This is what they wrote. LOL

"While we sincerely appreciate your interest, this electronic mail
    department does not have access to the Reservations System to check on
    availability for the Magic Kingdom® Fireworks Dessert Party Experience.
    Please contact our Itinerary Planners at 407-939-3463 so that they make
    check on booking reservations for you.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort, and have a
    wonderful birthday!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
    us at 407-939-3463."

**On another note I really dislike My disney experience. Some of my dining ressies are still not showing up...even after I linked them seperately. ugh!

7. jlundeen

jlundeen Mickey Fanatic

8. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

Thank you SO much!!!!

9. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Thanks for the ideas! The dinner shows are something I will look into. I want to do some "event" type thing that night since it's our last what I call full night, since the following night we'll have the sad, sad task of packing.

10. Kaylasmomma

Kaylasmomma Mouseketeer

lets see thinking of something else to do <gasp>
    Luau..already booked
    Fanatsmic dinner package.. already booked
    next please <sigh>

11. MommaBarb

MommaBarb Mouseketeer

I'm on hold right now with a CM who is calling them directly! AHHHH!!!!

Okay her response makes no sense for those of you at the beginning of the month, but they said since it's not within 30 days I can't reserve it. So that makes sense for me because I'm looking for the 30th, but those of you looking for like the 3rd, that makes NO sense!

12. PacoDF

PacoDF Mouseketeer

Score so far:

156 calls
    18 different CMs
    20 different answers...

hahahaha

13. dianep

dianep Disney Nut!

That's funny because the CM this morning told me it should be open any time because we are within the 90 window that this dining event normally has.

14. buzz for boys

buzz for boys <font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S

I am so happy to find this thread I thought I was going insane!!
    I have been calling and trying online reservations for the end of March since xmas and it is never available. When i call I get told its either fully booked or its not open to reserve yet.
    I have 4 kids desperate to go back to this event but its looking increasingly likely it is not going to be happening.
    So thank you for restoring my sanity and confirming that I cannot in fact have missed the oppurtunity to book this event :thumbsup2

15. Tgtown

Tgtown Mouseketeer

We do this on the last night of each trip and have been waiting for months to open. It's almost comical now because if I had a dollar for each time I've heard "it should be open within a couple of days", " I would check back tomorrow", or any other of the sunshiny statements from CMs the dessert party would be free for the 4 of us by now.

16. Kaylasmomma

Kaylasmomma Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: ME TOO!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

you know they are reading this and just messing with us

17. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

I booked a dinner at Chef Mickey's for the same night I want the dessert party in June. I figure if I cannot get a dessert party reservation, we would still have something fun to do earlier in the night.

18. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

I am looking for April 2! My sons birthday is March 25 I may try and get that night too just incase I can't get the 2nd.

19. Kaylasmomma

Kaylasmomma Mouseketeer

i love Chef Mickey's its one of my Fav's :)

20. dianep

dianep Disney Nut!

Just called and March still not open. CM apologized about 5 times "for the inconvenience" so they must be getting a lot of calls!

This CM hypothesized that they may be finalizing spring break event schedules yet.

21. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Since Disney does adjust Park hours normally about 2 weeks out and Easter being early this year Crowds in March could be heavier than normal and later closing times for MK which would make Wishes later.

I am expecting the booking to open up today, based on nothing other than this is the first Tuesday of the month a popular release day in the past

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.