WISH Away The Pounds ~ Marvelous May ~ All are WELCOME!

Radiator-Springs-Racers-June-9.jpg

RADIATOR-SPRINGS-RACERS-002.jpeg

See, I told you that we would try some new and exciting things on this Disney trip! And what could be more new and exciting that Disney's latest E ticket ride Radiator Springs Racers in Disney's California Adventure? (Rumored to be coming to DHS). So let's talk a little about winning . . .

Doc Hudson says it takes more than new tires to win a race . . . .

Here is an excerpt from an article on sparkpeople called 7 Things that Separate Weight-Loss Winners & Losers.

Whether you’re focusing on your diet or hitting the gym, the commitment to long-term weight loss takes the mindset and mental stamina of a champion. You’ve got to have a supportive team and a great playbook to get on a winning streak. In this head-to-head match that lasts a lifetime, it’s all about preparation. Your success will be determined by how well you set your strategy and play the game.

Here are the winning strategies you'll need!

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts

Winners Are Proud of Themselves

Winners Take On New Challenges

Winners Keep Score

Winners Are Part of a Team

Winners Make It Fun

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1732

Which brings me to the QOTD for Friday, May 3, 2013: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?

BRB with replies and my own answer. :car:

Morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!! As I predicted, I got called to work today. I will hopefully have some time later in the morning to pop on here when my class heads to Music. I'll try to take just a minute right now to catch up, but not sure if I'll have time.

BTW.... DD and I booked our airline tickets last night!! We are DISNEY BOUND in 21 days!!!! :cheer2:

TTYL........................P

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Keep Score

Winners Make It Fun

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1732

Which brings me to the QOTD for Friday, May 3, 2013: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?

Well.... I definitely do NOT have ALL of the winning strategies covered...but first of all, I am part of TWO teams.... here and at WW (although admittedly, I haven't attended meetings there in a long time). I also take on new challenges occasionally (like eating vegetarian for multiple days in a row, eliminating carbs, trying new recipes). And I guess I "keep score" by stepping on the scale faithfully every week. I definitely struggle with the "proud of myself" part, but I do try to be proud of my accomplisments. I guess I take "breaks" when I allow myself a meal during the week to splurge and not worry too much about calories/points/portions.

What a FABULOUS list!! And what a great way to let us know how to help ourselves! Thanks Lisa!! ......................P

I'd like to join! My long term goal is 50 pounds and I'd like to set a goal of 5 pounds for the month of May.

I'm 33 and DH and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary at the end of the month. We have two girls, ages 3 and 7. I just graduated from nursing school in December and put on more weight than I would have liked. Now I actually have time to cook right and exercise and I'm highly motivated!

I'd like to start by cutting out soda and exercising 4 days a week. I work 3 12 hour shifts as an ER nurse, so those 3 days I will not be following a formal exercise plan. I'd like to join the YMCA again, but DH keeps putting me off while we try and build up our savings again. I think he will come around soon. For now I plan to walk/run/jog around the neighborhood. I'd love to LOVE to run and be the kind who runs marathons. Not sure if that will happen.....

So I hope I can join y'all and I look forward to reading more!

:welcome: You're definitely not the first one here to stop drinking soda. I stopped after reading the ingredients that actually go into the manufacturing of it. SCARY!!:scared1: :crazy2: :faint: I schedule ER docs so I know how crazy that schedule can be. Just do what you can without overdoing it and making yourself sick, and come back here often for support and great ideas!:cheer2:

I'm wearing my skinny jeans today, so will see if I get any comments!!!

:cheer2: :cool1:

Whether you’re focusing on your diet or hitting the gym, the commitment to long-term weight loss takes the mindset and mental stamina of a champion. You’ve got to have a supportive team and a great playbook to get on a winning streak. In this head-to-head match that lasts a lifetime, it’s all about preparation. Your success will be determined by how well you set your strategy and play the game.[/I]

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Keep Score

Winners Make It Fun

How about "Winners Celebrate the Small Victories and Don't Sweat the Small Failures"? ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Good morning.

Yesterday we decided to walk to the local bww for a drink. Been a long week. :) It's about a 25 min walk each way and it was a beautiful day. And I fell off the sidewalk. Man, it hurts to fall when you are a grownup. I fell off the left side of the sidewalk and overcompensated and slammed on my ride side. Mike had no idea what to do. I just lay there for awhile. I got a nice old big scab near my elbow. I'm going to tell DS I got it skateboarding when we see him next week. ;) Thank goodness it was just a bunch of bruises and scapes. Nothing broken or sprained. :) My eating was not so great yesterday, but I did get a bunch of movement in. Here's to a better Friday!

Off to yoga.

Have a great Friday!

Rose, it will be fun to watch Tom and his buddies host the party and not be hostess. :goodvibes

Pamela, congrats on booking the airfare for your WDW trip! It's coming up quickly. Where are you staying? And if it makes you feel any better I had that Main Street song stuck in my head all that day, too. ;)

QOTD-
I was really surprised when I started tracking my food/calories a few weeks ago. I thought I ate reasonably well, but the snacking was killing me! I don't really track anymore, but I eat "within my parameters" as Lindsay Brin likes to say - no BLT's - bites, licks and tastes. I have 3 meals and 1-2 snacks a day - but they are carefully chosen. Luckily I'm a creture of habit so I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday, the same container of celery and hummus for afternoon snack, etc. So it's easy to know I'm eating within my limits. So yes I track, but no I don't feel I need to do it every day.

Yesterday we FINALLY had nice weather after the long winter! :worship: So even though I did a long workout in the morning I went for a short 30 minute run in the evening too. Upper body for 30 mintues this morning and ballet tonight. A couple more workout mornings before I get lazy for a few days and go to Chicago with DH! Luckily it lands right in my "rest" week for this 9 week plan that I'm doing, so I'm not missing much.

Have a great time in Chicago! :goodvibes It is good to get to that place where you know what you need to eat without putting a lot of thought into it -- that is the sure sign of a lifestyle change! :thumbsup2

for me it's a YES, I LOVE TRACKING! When I did WW (a few hundred times) I kept my journal faithfully and now that I am doing Atkins I am still using the WW journals (which I have to go get a new one this weekend) to keep track of my carbs same like points.. It's easier for me to "behave" if I only have xx number of carbs to spend per day - like regular yogurt vs. my dannon low carb yogurt.. but my mom who joined WW with me she hated the journaling.. so it's def personal !

good morning I think it might be me waiting on those.. but no worries or hurries :)

I know at my WW meetings people moan and groan a lot about tracking but it really does make a difference for me. Sounds like you'v done a great job finding a way that works we for you! :goodvibes

Quick post before I get back upstairs to clean clean clean.

QOTD 5/1
I'm Buffy, BAMB, Mom, Mama C, crazy lady. I answer to pretty much everything.
I'm 39
Married to DH 20 years (April 24)
4 kids as seen below, that is an accurate representation of mi Familia.
As Pamela said, I'm a Never-At-Home-Mom.
This is my 80 bagillenth BL Challenge.
I'm down 20 pounds with 45 or so more to go.

I guess that's about it.

QOTD 5/2

Tracking food for me is sooooo important. I am a grazer and an emotional eater. Bored, angry, sad, etc. I eat.
I need to hold myself accountable every day to be successful.

So, I lost all my inspirational Quotes. DD deleted my stickie I had on my desktop, ergh!!!!

But here is an oldie but a goodie

The only place success comes before work, is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Love the quote, Buffy! And nice to see you back here! :flower3: Do you record your emotions when you are tracking so you can go back and see a pattern?

I usually avoid it until I feel my eating is getting out of hand again. It's just so time consuming. I use MFP which is great, but like today I need to get to they gym early before work, and I want to have time to eat and ride my bike to work too. I had a veggie and turkey sausage omelet thingy I'd have to look up the cals for and a piece of toast that is a weird rye bread combo that husband picked up-- I'd have to look that up too. I might catch up later tonight.

I need help with that too--I get the urge to eat more on days I burn a lot of calories and generally I indulge. I try to limit quantity but that just makes me get more of something else lol. Make sure you're getting enough protein and veggies and fruits really do help with the late night stuff. Yes an orange isn't as exciting as crackers and cheese but maybe have an orange before the crackers and you may stop the constant urge. Being nice to yourself is extrememly important too when dieting because you feel so deprived. Food is comfort--fun and being hungry kind of sucks so you need to sort of coddle yourself. I know it's an alien idea for most of us but we have to try.

Gotta run. I downloaded some Dyer yesterday and I think it did me some good, especially relating to the daughter. There was one on emotional health, 100 motivational ideas, some other stuff. I'll listen to the segments again today-- it was kind of perfect ending as I was stretching and black eyed peas kicked in-- awesome.

Susan, this is an excellent point about being nice to ourselves while we are doing this. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the reminder! :goodvibes

Have to divide up my replies and avoid the poof fairy and the smilie police. :teeth:

I'm Melissa. I'm a mostly SAHM of two busy boys. Part time afternoon oncology RN. I've lost about 40lb since I had my last son and would like to lose 30-40 more. I took up jogging last summer and fell in love with 5Ks. Lost my motivation over the cold winter but need to get back at it strong. I did really well in the April challenge losing about 7 pounds. I am hoping to participate more in this challenge and the exercise challenge.

:welcome: to the May challenge and congratulations on your success in April! :yay:

QOTD?

Well here is the thing...I kind of "know-sort of" how many calories food has already. So I suppose I track it unconsciously.

Also when I was tracking it at the end of last month, I ate more because I would look at my calories and then eat up to it and sometimes past it. Stupid, I know, but at least for now I have to do my new "method".

I have found that tracking saturated fat is a much better method for me. Partly because that is where my unhealthy eating is and where I need to work the most at. I am also eating for health and not just weight loss.

As long as you are tracking something and paying attention to what you are eating, I think it is all good.:thumbsup2

ITA! ::yes::

I'd like to join! My long term goal is 50 pounds and I'd like to set a goal of 5 pounds for the month of May.

I'm 33 and DH and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary at the end of the month. We have two girls, ages 3 and 7. I just graduated from nursing school in December and put on more weight than I would have liked. Now I actually have time to cook right and exercise and I'm highly motivated!

I'd like to start by cutting out soda and exercising 4 days a week. I work 3 12 hour shifts as an ER nurse, so those 3 days I will not be following a formal exercise plan. I'd like to join the YMCA again, but DH keeps putting me off while we try and build up our savings again. I think he will come around soon. For now I plan to walk/run/jog around the neighborhood. I'd love to LOVE to run and be the kind who runs marathons. Not sure if that will happen.....

:welcome: Sounds like you have a great plan and I'm sure you get plenty of activity in on your work days. :goodvibes

Grrrrrr....the poof fairy got me yesterday! And my post was so fun & witty :)

Well, I just worked out because after school we had an orthodontist appt, had to pick up cupcakes for DS9s birthday treat for school tomorrow, soccer pictures, and soccer practice. I'll have to check back in tomorrow & catch up with the QOTDs and all the new faces. I'm so excited to dive into May!

Jill

Dang that poof fairy! :furious: She was a busy pixie yesterday.

I have been so busy getting ready for the tournament this weekend, and as usual all my plans for cleaning & getting all packed up before midnight on the morning we leave...... Well you know the rest. Lol. So now I am off to vacuum the upstairs and might get to bed around 2:30!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend & I will check in later! :)

Enjoy your tournament! :thumbsup2

Grrrr, the poof fairy just got me too!!!

QOTD Thursday.....yes I keep a food diary, it not only helps me keep on track daily, but gives me inspiration for food ideas when I get myself stuck in the bolognaise/chilli cycle!!!

I'm meeting an old friend for lunch today which will be lovely. I'll be back later to see what you're all up to. It's a holiday weekend here in the UK, so no work 'til Tuesday....yippee!!!!!

Enjoy your lunch and your holiday week-end! :cool2:

How about "Winners Celebrate the Small Victories and Don't Sweat the Small Failures"? ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Ooo, I love this one! :love: ::yes::

Rose, sorry that you took a tumble yesterday. Hope you are not too banged up today. :flower3:

Molli, on your question about fueling when you are exercising I share this information from Jeff Galloway:

Within 30 minutes of the finish, eat a snack of 200-300 calories. It's best if this has 80% simple carbohydrate and 20% protein. If this is not available, consume simple carbohydrates and avoid any fat.

There is a ton of good info on his site http://www.jeffgalloway.com/index.html

Also, I find if think about how hard I have to work to burn those same calories that are so easily consumed I can pause long enough to make a better choice but you do feel more hungry when you are more active for sure. :flower3:

lisa -- that is excellent on the snack after a workout! thank you!!! and thanks to everyone who chimed in with a tip! i now have you all sitting on my shoulder when i find myself in that situation again :thumbsup2 and last night it occurred to me another strategy I used to rely on....brush me teeth! to me that signals that i'm done eating for the day, my teeth are now brushed for bedtime.

Rose -- hope your injury is all healed up with no lingering pain!

we seem to have several of us who are recovering from this or that...good thing we stick together!

the 'winner's list is great! i think i may them all covered since i'm here and in this wonderful group :grouphug: but the one i will say i struggle with is being proud of myself. It's been very difficult emotionally to balloon up in my weight on the cusp of being my fittest in my life. back then i thought i had 5-10 lbs to lose...now i have 45 lbs to lose :headache: Cushings made my body very disproportioned and i have most of the weight gain in my abdomen, so when i look in the mirror i don't know who she is looking back at me. seriously, it CHANGED my physical appearance. Round puffy face, pregnant looking belly....i'm really having a hard time feeling proud. i know that i will need to focus on my daily accomplishments and feel proud of those! thanks for the vent :upsidedow

ok i just wanted to read and remind myself this is why i'm done eating today :teeth: got my workout in too for the day. at work today i was deleting old emails and came across that one employee discount we get is 20% off with Jenny Craig. i have never done JC before, anyone here? i may look into it for a 3 month period ....

I will say, I did try their food about 17 years ago. I had a friend who was working for them and offered to buy me food "on plan" with her discount, but I didn't actually join or weigh-in with them. I did lose maybe 20 pounds with the food, but didn't really enjoy it that much. It was easy at the time because I had a 1 y/o baby and a busy husband, so it was okay for me to have meals just for ME. The food was okay.... kind of typical frozen meal type stuff, nothing special.... and pricey, even with the discount.

I say, if you can use it as a jump start.... a starting line... then it probably isn't a bad idea to get used to planning meals, portion control, etc. But you definitely need to learn how to eat in the REAL WORLD!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you are still considering joining the Y, you may want to wait until the fall. Not sure if this happens everywhere, but our Y usually has a much lighter schedule of lessons and drop-in classes during the summer. That being said, if you want to go to use the equipment, it is much less busy in the fitness room during the summer!

Grrrrrr....the poof fairy got me yesterday! And my post was so fun & witty :)

Of course it was!!:thumbsup2

Well, I just worked out because after school we had an orthodontist appt, had to pick up cupcakes for DS9s birthday treat for school tomorrow, soccer pictures, and soccer practice. I'll have to check back in tomorrow & catch up with the QOTDs and all the new faces. I'm so excited to dive into May!
Jill

Happy Birthday to DS!!

I have been so busy getting ready for the tournament this weekend, and as usual all my plans for cleaning & getting all packed up before midnight on the morning we leave...... Well you know the rest. Lol. So now I am off to vacuum the upstairs and might get to bed around 2:30!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend & I will check in later! :)

Oh my!! Vacuuming into the late hours sounds like me before I entertain company! Hope you got some good quality rest before the weekend!

Grrrr, the poof fairy just got me too!!!

QOTD Thursday.....yes I keep a food diary, it not only helps me keep on track daily, but gives me inspiration for food ideas when I get myself stuck in the bolognaise/chilli cycle!!!

I'm meeting an old friend for lunch today which will be lovely. I'll be back later to see what you're all up to. It's a holiday weekend here in the UK, so no work 'til Tuesday....yippee!!!!!

OOOHHh.... Holiday weekend! Envious!! Have a wonderful relaxing time!!

LOVE THIS!!!!

Good morning.

Yesterday we decided to walk to the local bww for a drink. Been a long week. :) It's about a 25 min walk each way and it was a beautiful day. And I fell off the sidewalk. Man, it hurts to fall when you are a grownup. I fell off the left side of the sidewalk and overcompensated and slammed on my ride side. Mike had no idea what to do. I just lay there for awhile. I got a nice old big scab near my elbow. I'm going to tell DS I got it skateboarding when we see him next week. ;) Thank goodness it was just a bunch of bruises and scapes. Nothing broken or sprained. :) My eating was not so great yesterday, but I did get a bunch of movement in. Here's to a better Friday!

Off to yoga.

Have a great Friday!

Oh no!!! :hug: Hope you aren't too sore today!! I stumbled over a curb earlier this week and fortunately my DS was there to grab me. It's tough getting old!:rotfl:

[Pamela, congrats on booking the airfare for your WDW trip! It's coming up quickly. Where are you staying? And if it makes you feel any better I had that Main Street song stuck in my head all that day, too. ;)

I had originally booked us for Friday-Monday at All-Star Music. Now I will be changing it to Sat-Tuesday. She has a big field trip that Friday that she didn't want to miss and we couldn't get a late enough flight out that night unless we flew out of RI, so we opted to leave bright and early Sat. morning. I'd really rather be there the night before, but it would have made things very complicated.

Have to divide up my replies and avoid the poof fairy and the smilie police. :teeth:

Darn old poof fairy!

lisa -- that is excellent on the snack after a workout! thank you!!! and thanks to everyone who chimed in with a tip! i now have you all sitting on my shoulder when i find myself in that situation again :thumbsup2 and last night it occurred to me another strategy I used to rely on....brush me teeth! to me that signals that i'm done eating for the day, my teeth are now brushed for bedtime.

Nothing tastes good after you brush. That is why I brush as soon as I rise in the morning.... so that the toothpaste taste is gone by the time I eat breakfast!

the 'winner's list is great! i think i may them all covered since i'm here and in this wonderful group :grouphug: but the one i will say i struggle with is being proud of myself. It's been very difficult emotionally to balloon up in my weight on the cusp of being my fittest in my life. back then i thought i had 5-10 lbs to lose...now i have 45 lbs to lose :headache: Cushings made my body very disproportioned and i have most of the weight gain in my abdomen, so when i look in the mirror i don't know who she is looking back at me. seriously, it CHANGED my physical appearance. Round puffy face, pregnant looking belly....i'm really having a hard time feeling proud. i know that i will need to focus on my daily accomplishments and feel proud of those! thanks for the vent :upsidedow

So sorry you've had these medical issues. It is so hard when things in your body defy you!!

Okay friends.... the morning math time is DONE (thank goodness) and they are off to Music, so I get just a short break here.

Well.... if I thought I was motivated to lose in May before, now knowing I'm heading to Disney in 21 days is a DOUBLE motivator. I was about 6 pounds lower last time I went and I'm truly afraid to try on my vacation shorts!:headache: TIME TO GET SERIOUS! Clean eating, no carbs :-)sad2: ), and MORE EXERCISE!! I'll be buying some extra produce tonight at Costco while DD is swimming so I can start the weekend out RIGHT! (That being said, Friday night is often splurge night, so I'll have to plan a HEALTHY splurge for myself!)

I've been suffering from some sort of tummy discomfort for about a week now, off and on. Pain more than upset and tummy/mid-abdominal area rather than intestinal, but hits at odd and random times, seemingly unrelated to food intake. If it continues for another week I will definitely make a doctor's appointment....and if you know me, you know it takes a LOT to get me to the m.d.!! Any ideas? It almost feels like I've been punched in the gut and bruised. It seems to be getting better (less often and less severe) than last week. I had been chalking it up to the stress of last weekend's WW training and then funeral stress this week, but not sure why I would still be suffering if it were stress related.

Okay.... music ends in 7 minutes.:rolleyes1 Guess I had better use the potty while I have the chance! TTYL............P

Hi everybody,

I am pretty new to the forums and I was hoping I could join you all? I went to the doctor for that less than fun annual physical and found out that my little 27 yr old self is now 191 lbs. I am really trying not to be upset about it... I mean, it happens, right? :sad2:

I teach online high school Social Studies and English. I work from home, so far less movement than usual. I am a mom to 2 sweet dogs (yep.)-- a German Shepard and a Boxer/Bulldog mix.

My goals!
- Lose 20 lbs by December.
- Start walking a mile a day... Day 2 of this so far! :banana: I hope to be walking way more than that a day, but that's my May goal!

So hi, everybody! Nice to meet ya!

Radiator-Springs-Racers-June-9.jpg

RADIATOR-SPRINGS-RACERS-002.jpeg

See, I told you that we would try some new and exciting things on this Disney trip! And what could be more new and exciting that Disney's latest E ticket ride Radiator Springs Racers in Disney's California Adventure? (Rumored to be coming to DHS). So let's talk a little about winning . . .

Doc Hudson says it takes more than new tires to win a race . . . .

Here is an excerpt from an article on sparkpeople called 7 Things that Separate Weight-Loss Winners & Losers.

Whether you’re focusing on your diet or hitting the gym, the commitment to long-term weight loss takes the mindset and mental stamina of a champion. You’ve got to have a supportive team and a great playbook to get on a winning streak. In this head-to-head match that lasts a lifetime, it’s all about preparation. Your success will be determined by how well you set your strategy and play the game.

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Keep Score

Winners Make It Fun

Well I have about half covered - working on making it fun and being proud.. Altho I did get my results of my A1C test from last week and I dropped from 9.1 to 5.7 (4-6 is normal but everyone should be below 7 at most) :banana: so Atkins worked for that part - but my cholesterol is up a little bit.. So now i have to figure out how to balance that - I can eat less eggs (I love the yolk so I eat whole eggs) now that I've moved to OWL so for the next 3 months I'll work on that part and see what it's like at my next visit in July.. If it's not different then I'll go see a nutritionist.

Morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!! As I predicted, I got called to work today. I will hopefully have some time later in the morning to pop on here when my class heads to Music. I'll try to take just a minute right now to catch up, but not sure if I'll have time.

BTW.... DD and I booked our airline tickets last night!! We are DISNEY BOUND in 21 days!!!! :cheer2:

That is sooo great and please don't stress :hug: about weighing less or the same as last time - I know it feels like a big deat but I don't think it really is.. Just do you best till it's time to go and then HAVE FUN!!

Hi everybody,

I am pretty new to the forums and I was hoping I could join you all? I went to the doctor for that less than fun annual physical and found out that my little 27 yr old self is now 191 lbs. I am really trying not to be upset about it... I mean, it happens, right? :sad2:

I teach online high school Social Studies and English. I work from home, so far less movement than usual. I am a mom to 2 sweet dogs (yep.)-- a German Shepard and a Boxer/Bulldog mix.

My goals!
- Start walking a mile a day... Day 2 of this so far! :banana: I hope to be walking way more than that a day, but that's my May goal!

Welcome to our happy group!! Glad to have you with us!! And yet ANOTHER teacher!

20 pounds by December is a definitely do-able goal!! A mile a day is another great goal!

Well I have about half covered - working on making it fun and being proud.. Altho I did get my results of my A1C test from last week and I dropped from 9.1 to 5.7 (4-6 is normal but everyone should be below 7 at most) :banana: so Atkins worked for that part - but my cholesterol is up a little bit.. So now i have to figure out how to balance that - I can eat less eggs (I love the yolk so I eat whole eggs) now that I've moved to OWL so for the next 3 months I'll work on that part and see what it's like at my next visit in July.. If it's not different then I'll go see a nutritionist.

WOOHOO on getting that A1C down into the right range! Try mixing egg whites with one whole egg.... you still get that nice egg taste but without so much cholesterol. Do you ever eat anything else for breakfast? I know that DH ate eggs (and bacon and cheese) every single solitary day during his first foray into Atkins, but balances it better now with nonfat greek yogurt and his flaxseed muffins. Plus he mixes whole eggs and whites most days.

That is sooo great and please don't stress :hug: about weighing less or the same as last time - I know it feels like a big deat but I don't think it really is.. Just do you best till it's time to go and then HAVE FUN!!

I'm not particularly stressed by it.... I am just too cheap to go buy new shorts!! :rotfl2:

Class is off to recess and it is time for me to eat! Tummy is really empty now, so the soup will taste good (homemade pea soup from the freezer). I probably will not have time to pop on again today unless it is later tonight, so for now I'll say g'bye!................P

Welcome to our happy group!! Glad to have you with us!! And yet ANOTHER teacher!

20 pounds by December is a definitely do-able goal!! A mile a day is another great goal!

I'm not particularly stressed by it.... I am just too cheap to go buy new shorts!! :rotfl2:

Class is off to recess and it is time for me to eat! Tummy is really empty now, so the soup will taste good (homemade pea soup from the freezer). I probably will not have time to pop on again today unless it is later tonight, so for now I'll say g'bye!................P

Haaa Ok good I was worried it might overshawdow the excitement of your trip..

well, I started 2/18 and I know for the first 2 weeks it was eggs eggs eggs then when I moved on I bet that most weeks had 5 days of 2 egg breakfasts because they were filling and held me over till lunch .. since adding in yogurt I do eat that but mainly at lunchtime I think I'll need to swap it up a bit and do the yogurt with a touch of frozen raspberries for breakfast and then figure out something else for lunch.

Well, I had a nice lunch, although I did have bread!!! Chose wholemeal though...best I could do. I was lovely to catch up with my old friend, particularly when the first words out of her mouth were "Wow, you've lost lots of weight"! Also got comments from OH's co-workers when I picked him up from work.......the power of skinny jeans eh?????

So QOTD..........

Winners Set Small Goals - monthly weight loss challenge with you guys

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts - I class this as the days where I eat out and go slightly off plan

Winners Are Proud of Themselves - hmmm, this is the one I struggle with, but I'm getting better at recognising my achievements!!!

Winners Take On New Challenges - Walking, maybe joining a gym, cooking from scratch

Winners Keep Score - Food diary and weekly weigh-in.

Winners Are Part of a Team - You lot, and the Slimming World class I attend

Winners Make It Fun - reading this stuff, cooking, walking, I'm loving it all at the moment

Going to decide in the morning whether to go campng for one night - we bought a used canvas tent last year that needs a bit of TLC, so we thought that if we've got to put it up to replace the parts, we might as well put it up on a campsite and sleep there overnight. Will see what the weather is like in the morning. Oooh, did I happen to mention that it's a holiday weekend here - no work until Tuesday (sorry to rub it in!!!)

Well.... I definitely do NOT have ALL of the winning strategies covered...but first of all, I am part of TWO teams.... here and at WW (although admittedly, I haven't attended meetings there in a long time). I also take on new challenges occasionally (like eating vegetarian for multiple days in a row, eliminating carbs, trying new recipes). And I guess I "keep score" by stepping on the scale faithfully every week. I definitely struggle with the "proud of myself" part, but I do try to be proud of my accomplisments. I guess I take "breaks" when I allow myself a meal during the week to splurge and not worry too much about calories/points/portions.

What a FABULOUS list!! And what a great way to let us know how to help ourselves! Thanks Lisa!! ......................P

Yep the be proud of yourself is a hard one for many of us but we should remember to celebrate our accomplishments and hard work! :cheer2:

Rose -- hope your injury is all healed up with no lingering pain!

we seem to have several of us who are recovering from this or that...good thing we stick together!

Molli, you've had such a tough time but you are strong and healthier every day! :flower3: One thing I have read recently that really resonated with me is when they say "don't compare yourself to others" that includes not comparing your current self with a former version. Be where you are now. :hippie:

Hi everybody,

My goals!

:welcome: I think your goal is very doable and congratulations on starting with the walking.

Haaa Ok good I was worried it might overshawdow the excitement of your trip..

well, I started 2/18 and I know for the first 2 weeks it was eggs eggs eggs then when I moved on I bet that most weeks had 5 days of 2 egg breakfasts because they were filling and held me over till lunch .. since adding in yogurt I do eat that but mainly at lunchtime I think I'll need to swap it up a bit and do the yogurt with a touch of frozen raspberries for breakfast and then figure out something else for lunch.

Can you alternate egg yolk days? I do egg whites in the microwave and they are very tasty -- not tough at all. I also eat real eggs as opposed to eggs in a carton. ::yes::

QOTD: I'm feeling pretty good about my winning strategies since WW yesterday -- down 4.2 pounds, hit my 5%, and I know I will make my goal for May now. :yay:

Good morning.

Off to yoga.

Have a great Friday!

Don't feel bad. I actually fell over on my bike awhile back in my driveway lol. I came to a stop and my basket was really full and whoops!

That's a great article. We are all in this together.

Hi everybody,

My goals!

Welcome to the group. Are you a Disney fan?

Well my daughter came to my work last night and did some explaining. I believe her to some extent. At any rate she's in a better place right now so it's good.

Slept too late due to constant meowing from meowy mama concerned about her hoodlum kittens running amock. They then later attacked my laptop with such ferocity I have no time for the gym today so I'll pull out my old mat and do some ab and core exercises. I'll ride my bike to work too.
Well better go do it if I'm gonna do it at all. Noticed yesterday I'm having a hard time drinking all my water. Which means my bladder is probably shrinking back down again dang it. I think I'm going to squeeze out some limes into the icecube tray next time I fill it-- I love lime, that'll help entice me.
Have a great day all regs and newcomers!

lisa -- :hug: thank you for your kind words..and all those who said encouraging and welcoming comments to me. it's what i've known all along...WISH ROCKS!

Whoohoo on the airline tickets! 21 days is sooooo close!

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Keep Score

Winners Make It Fun

I think I have to work on being proud of myself. I have to set big goals for myself and accomplish them to feel proud. I was so proud when I ran 7 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I am very proud now that I am going to finish the 30 Day Shred on Monday. So, I need another big goal to work toward. It's not necessarily a daily thing for me.

Happy Birthday to DS!!

Thank you! We celebrated by catching the 3:25 showing of Iron Man 3. It was so good! And, I got the boys popcorn and only had a little. But, I did have some chocolate candy ;)

Hi everybody,

My goals!

Hello and welcome. Fellow teacher here. I teach for an alternative education program. I also teach History and am the special education teacher as well. I spent a good 3 hours writing my midterm progress reports on IEPs today :mad: I am actually thinking of applying to a few online schools/programs near me. Do you teach for national company?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today was a pretty good day other than my lunch choice lol. I ate too many carbs and will pay for it on the scale the next few days. DS turned double digits today. We are waiting to really celebrate his birthday until the 19th so we can combine both boys (other DS will be 7 on the 23rd) into one big family party. So, we saw Iron Man 3 today to celebrate. That was his choice and it was very good.

I just sat down to make a menu for the week and make a grocery list. DSs have soccer games tomorrow, so I want to grocery shop after they are done so I'm not doing it Sunday. I also want to get to bed earlier tonight (I'm shooting for 10 pm). I'd love to wake up refreshed, workout, go get the cupcakes for the soccer game (I know, not healthy, but soooo delicious~they are like the ones on those cupcake wars on tv. We do cut them in half for the kids and parents :thumbsup2) and head off to the games at 10:10. So, I'm going to run to finish up my lists and some laundry. Have a good Friday night :)

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter