WISH Away The Pounds ~ Marvelous May ~ All are WELCOME!

:wave2::wave2: hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Hi, I'm Molli :flower3:

i actually just popped on the DIS to go to the scrapbooking forum and report that i met my Apr goal ...and :idea: i should be making WISH goals too!!! what's a matter with me!!

and i see some faces here that i recognize and miss you all! and i'm looking forward to meeting up with the new-to-me faces too!

We are cruising on the Fantasy in July, actually 3 days at the parks prior too..and i really really really want to be 15 lbs thinner. well i REALLY want to be 45 lb thinner..but that's not realistic! I have been struggling with health problems since July 2010 and (forgive the repeat if you've heard this) and after 4 major surgeries in 16 months, leaving me permanently steroid dependent and replacing other hormones I didn't even know i had....i truly do beileve i've turned the corner and can begin LIVING LIFE again!! sadly, the disease I had (Cushing's) added 50 lbs to my body as i overproduced the bodies natural steroid, cortisol. Now I control my levels with meds, and i'm still in the balancing phase. so the weight is not falling off...but i need accountability to keep exercising and journaling!

I also have two DDs...one in college and one that's a sophmore! i sense a theme....

:thanks: to all those who stepped up to coach!! it's a big deal and these gals are giving alot of their time to do so!! you ROCK!! :rockband:

what's a moving buddy? do i need one of these? :teeth:

i already forgot the joining directions, so i'm back to the start and will PM my goal, or whatever the official joining action is :goodvibes

Hi. My name is Susan and I'm 45. Still haven't found the magical potion to help me lose any weight but as long as I'm watching Dr. Oz I am sure I'll keep trying...

Meanwhile I'm trying to build some decent muscle at my gym, riding my bike a lot and trying not to eat to compensate for all that. I've decided my goal will be 2 pounds this month. Pathetic I know but it seems that's the pace I'm at. I am really glad since I started in January I'm able to fit much more comfortably in my pants and able to wear some that I haven't been. I've got 2 grown kids and am now enjoying the less daily responsibility of that but now they have grown up issues that are even harder to deal with almost. Realized today that my 24 year old daughter is a compulsive liar and I really don't know what to do about it. Most advice is to walk away from those relationships but she's-- my kid. I don't know. I'm going to do more reading and see if there's any local help. It's kind of difficult to help someone when they won't communicate with you regularly.

To sum me up-- crazy cat lady, married 20 some odd years, worked for Albertsons for also 20 some years. Always boy crazy and a fiend for a bargain. I'm always a friend to animals and very interested in health issues. Disney fanatic and lifelong Bowie fan. Just trying to make it through every day, and if I occasionally come out ahead I count myself fortunate.

Well-- I better go work out if I'm going to do it at all...TTFN

Hi everyone I'm joining in again (and helping with the hosting duties soon) I started April with a bang and finshed with a clunker! But May is looking good with new focus!

:welcome: Michelle! And thank you so much for sharing coaching with me this week. :flower3:

And onto May. :woohoo:

QOTD?

My name is Jeannine, I am 48, married for 22yrs and my dh had a heart attack and bypass surgery in Dec. 2012. I am very motivated to get my life on track for the both of us through healthy eating and exercise.

I have 2 dd's. One is 22 and lives at home, works and goes to school. The other dd is 16 & ending her sophomore yr in HS.

I have been working on my own health with my feet. Currently I am physical therapy for plantar fasciitis and toe pain. At this point my PT is pretty sure my toe pain is the beginning of "Morton's neuroma" and hammertoe.

A lot of my exercising will be strength training & stretching. My cardio will be bike riding. I can do some walking but I have to watch it because the nerves in my toes are ticked off at me.

My lifestyle change this month with eating will be tracking saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium. At the end of last month I added counting calories and then gained weight.

So good luck to all, no matter your reasons for changing your life.:dance3:

:welcome: Jeannine! Hope the PT gets that toe and PF with the exercise program soon. :flower3: And a very good reminder that what works for one person may or not equal success for another but the important thing is to keep trying until you find out what works for you. :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi everyone! QOTD: I never got to go on that :(.
My name is Jessica and I am going to be 29 next month. My hope is to get to goal by the time i turn 30. I am married to my DH and we have been married for almost 4 years. I currently work in a bank as a supervisor while my husband is a full time student. It makes it very tough at times, which does not help with the weight loss. I have been doing the challenges for about a year, and have found some great success and support from all of you. I am looking forward to an outstanding May and getting to know all of you.

:welcome: Jessica! Looking forward to hearing more from you, too! :flower3:

Hi everyone

I'm Helen and I'm going to be reaching the big 50 in November, which is the main motivation for my weight loss.

I will have been married for 20yrs in December, we have no children, but do have one cat who is definitely our baby!!! (Spoilt rotten!)

Sadly, out last visit to Disney was in September 2010, it's just sooo expensive to go over from the UK that we can't afford it at the moment, but hopefully in the next couple of years we will make it. Don't really like DLP, it's not REAL to me!!!!

I don't 'do' exercise as I find it boring, but have started walking a lot more recently to try and tone up a bit.

Joining this group since January has really motivated me - I usually set myself a target of 7lb per month, but have actually lost 36 so far, so all good. I'm attending Slimming World, which is a UK club, more popular than WW. (I think you have them in Texas) The eating plan really works for me as some food is unlimited and I can really fill up.

Look forward to chatting to you all during May, and you'll be seeing me as coach from 17th to 24th.

:welcome: Helen! Congratulation on all your great success so far! :yay: And thank you so much for taking a coaching week -- there is one more week open -- please PM our lovely hostess, donac, if you are interested!

:wave2: hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

i actually just popped on the DIS to go to the scrapbooking forum and report that i met my Apr goal ...and :idea: i should be making WISH goals too!!! what's a matter with me!!

and i see some faces here that i recognize and miss you all! and i'm looking forward to meeting up with the new-to-me faces too!

We are cruising on the Fantasy in July, actually 3 days at the parks prior too..and i really really really want to be 15 lbs thinner. well i REALLY want to be 45 lb thinner..but that's not realistic! I have been struggling with health problems since July 2010 and (forgive the repeat if you've heard this) and after 4 major surgeries in 16 months, leaving me permanently steroid dependent and replacing other hormones I didn't even know i had....i truly do beileve i've turned the corner and can begin LIVING LIFE again!! sadly, the disease I had (Cushing's) added 50 lbs to my body as i overproduced the bodies natural steroid, cortisol. Now I control my levels with meds, and i'm still in the balancing phase. so the weight is not falling off...but i need accountability to keep exercising and journaling!

I also have two DDs...one in college and one that's a sophmore! i sense a theme....

:thanks: to all those who stepped up to coach!! it's a big deal and these gals are giving alot of their time to do so!! you ROCK!! :rockband:

i already forgot the joining directions, so i'm back to the start and will PM my goal, or whatever the official joining action is :goodvibes

:welcome: Molli! So, so nice to see you here! :flower3: We all need moving buddies sometimes but you are good since you are already here. :yay: We try to make sure people aren't left behind on our old threads as we switch. :teeth:

Looks like we are off to a great start! :cool2:

:wave2::wave2: hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Molli, I'll be your moving buddy!!!

Hi. My name is Susan and I'm 45. Still haven't found the magical potion to help me lose any weight but as long as I'm watching Dr. Oz I am sure I'll keep trying...

Meanwhile I'm trying to build some decent muscle at my gym, riding my bike a lot and trying not to eat to compensate for all that. I've decided my goal will be 2 pounds this month. Pathetic I know but it seems that's the pace I'm at. I am really glad since I started in January I'm able to fit much more comfortably in my pants and able to wear some that I haven't been. I've got 2 grown kids and am now enjoying the less daily responsibility of that but now they have grown up issues that are even harder to deal with almost. Realized today that my 24 year old daughter is a compulsive liar and I really don't know what to do about it. Most advice is to walk away from those relationships but she's-- my kid. I don't know. I'm going to do more reading and see if there's any local help. It's kind of difficult to help someone when they won't communicate with you regularly.

To sum me up-- crazy cat lady, married 20 some odd years, worked for Albertsons for also 20 some years. Always boy crazy and a fiend for a bargain. I'm always a friend to animals and very interested in health issues. Disney fanatic and lifelong Bowie fan. Just trying to make it through every day, and if I occasionally come out ahead I count myself fortunate.

Well-- I better go work out if I'm going to do it at all...TTFN

:welcome: Susan! I don't think your goal is pathetic at all -- I would say it is very realistic and practical. :hippie: Big hugs on the DD issue. :hug:

BMB -- i thought a moving buddy was someone to keep me moving! are you ready to take on that task!!??

Wowza that guy is speedy! :yay: I'm sure he takes after his momma. ;)

yeah, right! LOL

BMB -- i thought a moving buddy was someone to keep me moving! are you ready to take on that task!!??

I'm here to help you move in any way I can.
A moving buddy is actually here to help you move and not get lost from one thread to the next but if you need a get up and get moving buddy, I'm your gal!! But I need to be prodded too. I've blown off my fitness for April and I'm paying the price now.

Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
Im married with 3 kids...
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand :(
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!
My goal at this point is to not put on any weight while on vacation

Good Wed morning everyone. It is nice to see all the old people and some new people joining us for May.

I just over slept so I won't get any yoga in this morning but I will be walking this afternoon since it is the first lawn mow of the year at my sil's. I don't know when we will get to fil's since ds1 is moving this weekend.

That is the biggest new around here. DS1 is moving into his first apartment this weekend (Ds2 moved into his first last year). DS1 is moving in with his gf of 8 years (yes I do like her. She has been to DW with us twice). My family room is covered with his clothes. He has more clothes than anyone I know. He has been working at JCp for 9 years and loves to shop the discount spot.

I have one week until my students take their big AP exam so it is very nerve racking at school. Yesterday the special ed kids put together the goodie bags that I give out. They are in the test for almost 4 hours so they need the sugar to keep them up. I start giving them out tomorrow

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.

WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!

OMG Wow that is AWESOME!

Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand :(
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!

Have a great trip JEn and see you when you get back!!

I realized I did not add a goal for this month so 3.5 lost and NOT found for the month of May!

Good morning to all WISHERS here!:goodvibes

Well I am going to be ambitious and go for a 5lb loss this month. I made it official and sent it to our lovely host for the month, donac! :yay:

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

We all know a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth starts with a little trip right down Main Street USA. ::MickeyMo

How many times have you been on Main Street and seen some poor group of people standing right in the middle of the street staring at a map and trying to figure out where they are going to go. We Disboards big time planner types know that you can't get where you want to go without a great PLAN.

And those of you who have done the challenges before know that I can't coach without help from one of my favorite sites sparkpeople.com And this week is no exception. :goodvibes

Which brings me to the topic of goal setting. It's not enough to have a goal but you need a plan for how you are going to get there. Here is an excerpt from a sparkpeople article called Do's and Don'ts of Goal Setting:

Goal achievement, especially when it comes to health and fitness, can be a mystery. Most of us have no trouble with setting the goal. Setting a goal is the easy part, it's those other steps that can be a puzzle. But you CAN turn achieving your goals into a science with the right strategies. Here are a few of our favorites:

DO create a plan. DON’T wait for "someday" to roll around.

DO start small. DON’T focus on too many things at once.

DO write it down. DON’T forget to give yourself a deadline.

DO be specific. DON’T deal in absolutes.

DO leave room for failure. DON’T expect perfection.

DO track your progress. DON’T fool yourself into failure.

DO reward your success. DON’T beat yourself up over failure.

DO find a support system. DON’T try to do it alone.

DO make a commitment. DON’T ever forget that you can do it.

Here is a link to the whole article if you are interested. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=124

QOTD May 1, 2013: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started! party:party:party:

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I'm Lisa and I'm going to be your coach for the next few days. :wave2:

One of the nice things about our new challenge is that it is a fresh start. I think the April showers were a bit too much for us toward the end there so I'm going to go ahead and post a warm up question since we are all raring to go to get started. :yay:

Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Marvelous May WATP Challenge! :wave2:

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living! :yay:

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? :confused3 Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both. :teeth:

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers. :cool2:

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few weeks I will be running my fifth half marathon. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start. :teeth:

A big, WATP thank you to our hostess, Dona! :thanks:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge! :flower3:

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!:wave2::flower3::dance3: Great to see all of you again this month and a big :welcome: to all of our newbies! I'm Kimberley and like everybody else seem to have been battling with my weight for quite some time now. I'm married to the best man on the planet :love: and we have a rambunctious, almost 3 year-old black Lab whom I often refer to as the Wonder Mutt (aka Calypso). The DH knows I love her as much, if not more :lmao:, than him!

I'm obsessed with running and have run 3 half marathons with the second one being the 2012 Wine and Dine. I'm already registered for my second W&D this year, but have had to take a hiatus from running to let my IT bands heal. They are a TOTAL mess!:scared1: So for now, I'm trying CrossFit and go to yoga 1-2 times a week. ;)

My big trip to Italy is in less than three weeks :banana: so who knows what's going to happen with the weight loss this month. I'm going to try like heck to lose as much as I can before I go. Thank you Dona for hosting and Lisa for coaching this week!:dance3:

Dona - I'm going to shoot for a 2 pound loss before flying the friendly skies and I know we will all have a better month this time around! :thumbsup2:cool1::yay:

Jen, safe travels and have a wonderful time! :smickey:

I'd love to join, but I'm not really sure who to PM. Sorry - I'm new to this :(

I see Dona answered your question but I wanted to add :welcome:

Good Wed morning everyone. It is nice to see all the old people and some new people joining us for May.

I just over slept so I won't get any yoga in this morning but I will be walking this afternoon since it is the first lawn mow of the year at my sil's. I don't know when we will get to fil's since ds1 is moving this weekend.

That is the biggest new around here. DS1 is moving into his first apartment this weekend (Ds2 moved into his first last year). DS1 is moving in with his gf of 8 years (yes I do like her. She has been to DW with us twice). My family room is covered with his clothes. He has more clothes than anyone I know. He has been working at JCp for 9 years and loves to shop the discount spot.

I have one week until my students take their big AP exam so it is very nerve racking at school. Yesterday the special ed kids put together the goodie bags that I give out. They are in the test for almost 4 hours so they need the sugar to keep them up. I start giving them out tomorrow

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Thanks so much for hostessing, Dona! :flower3: Sounds like very busy times at your house.

I realized I did not add a goal for this month so 3.5 lost and NOT found for the month of May!

Sounds like a great plan and nice job answering the QOTD before it was even posted. ;)

Good morning to all WISHERS here!:goodvibes

Well I am going to be ambitious and go for a 5lb loss this month. I made it official and sent it to our lovely host for the month, donac! :yay:

:yay: pixiedust: that you will make your goal!

I set myself a really ambitious goal for May -- 10 pounds. I have a half marathon at the end of the month and a cruise in 7 weeks which is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow and really, really focused. I will keep on track with WW and my training. I have all the tools I need, now it is up to me. I'm ready to make my dreams come true this month! :tink:

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!:wave2::flower3::dance3: Great to see all of you again this month and a big :welcome: to all of our newbies! I'm Kimberley and like everybody else seem to have been battling with my weight for quite some time now. I'm married to the best man on the planet :love: and we have a rambunctious, almost 3 year-old black Lab whom I often refer to as the Wonder Mutt (aka Calypso). The DH knows I love her as much, if not more :lmao:, than him!

I'm obsessed with running and have run 3 half marathons with the second one being the 2012 Wine and Dine. I'm already registered for my second W&D this year, but have had to take a hiatus from running to let my IT bands heal. They are a TOTAL mess!:scared1: So for now, I'm trying CrossFit and go to yoga 1-2 times a week. ;)

My big trip to Italy is in less than three weeks :banana: so who knows what's going to happen with the weight loss this month. I'm going to try like heck to lose as much as I can before I go. Thank you Dona for hosting and Lisa for coaching this week!:dance3:

Dona - I'm going to shoot for a 2 pound loss before flying the friendly skies and I know we will all have a better month this time around! :thumbsup2:cool1::yay:

Hello Kimberley! :wave2: Nice to see you! Nothing like an upcoming trip to help give you that little extra oomph to reach your goals. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!