WISH Away The Pounds - Marvelous March Challenge ~~ All are WELCOME!

Not sure how I missed this.... sorry Rose!

When I did the weights, I recorded gains, but we don't report them on the the first page if you are negative for the whole month.

However lets say you lost two pounds the first week, and then gained one back, I would change the percentage since it was still not negative for the month.

Pamela might have a different idea, but that is how Lisa and I handled it. :goodvibes

I'm with you.... but it's a numbers thing and I'd probably screw it up, no matter what I try to do!:rotfl:

My DS is a senior in college and he is on his way back from Colorado to SC and stuck in bad weather at the airport in Atlanta. We need lots of good thoughts that his plane home gets out tonight.:goodvibes

Prayers going out for better weather and safe flights!

I decided to forgo my last two physical therapy appts. My therapist is leaving for another job and I was just about done anyhow. My back is feeling ok, and I am hoping I have turned a corner.

Can she/he recommend someone else in the area just in case you need to go back some time???

My eating, eh, not as good. But I am maintaining pretty consistently, so contemplating just going to maintain and calling it good enough. So I am an 8 instead of a 6. It's not the end of the world, right? :) Anyhow, we'll see.

Your decision, of course. Do what makes you feel HAPPY and SATISFIED! ........P

I just had a couple questions......

What is "page one"? And was I supposed to send a PM to someone? And if so, what am I supposed to be sending? Is this thread part of another one I should have read first??

Alright, so it was a few question! Lol. I was just a little confused...... Although that is my natural state!! lol

QOTD--Tuesday, March 19, 2013
What is your favorite thing about spring? Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan as the weather warms up?

I am running very late this morning. My DS's plane finally landed at 1:15 last night. They were over 5 hours delayed, so we are very happy they took off period.

But I could not fall asleep last night and could not get up this morning. My scheduled 4 miles ended up being 1.3, but that's ok, I moved and I am happy.

Linda--page one is the first page of the thread where percentage lost is reported. If you pm'd Pamela your starting weight for the month, then you pm updates on Fridays. We are running the challenge on a monthly basis with individual results reported in percentage lost. The first page should explain things. Hope this helps. :)

Have a great Tuesday. Time to get ready for work.:goodvibes

I just had a couple questions......

What is "page one"? And was I supposed to send a PM to someone? And if so, what am I supposed to be sending? Is this thread part of another one I should have read first??

Alright, so it was a few question! Lol. I was just a little confused...... Although that is my natural state!! lol

I'm so sorry you were confused! Probably my fault for not making things clear when you first joined us! I see Rose explained everything for you.

What is your favorite thing about spring? Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan as the weather warms up?

Favorite thing...SUNSHINE and green trees...open windows, no jackets, butterflies, bird songs...what's not to like about Spring (other than nasty black flies :rolleyes: )!

I'm going with easier.....I will be outside more, gardening, etc....plus I can get outside to walk/run, etc. Fresh fruits, veggies, and greens are easier to find....and I just generally FEEL better in the Spring!

I am running very late this morning. My DS's plane finally landed at 1:15 last night. They were over 5 hours delayed, so we are very happy they took off period.

Glad they made it out! Sorry it had to worry you first.

But I could not fall asleep last night and could not get up this morning. My scheduled 4 miles ended up being 1.3, but that's ok, I moved and I am happy.

Have a good day. Thanks for explaining how things work.

Morning all! How cruel of ROSE to talk about Spring while I am in the middle of a major snowstorm!:faint: :lmao:

Yup...as predicted no school today and the snow is falling fast and furious. I'm going to finish watching last night's BL finale and then do some scrapping!

Off to make late breakfast for the kiddos first! ............P

Catch up time!!!

Sat - i am a load on the weekends. I wanna try to start going on hikes and stuff on the weekends now that it's warmer.

Sun - I'd go with the flow. It takes a lot to stress me out. One cheat day every now and then doesn't hurt.

Mon- NSVs. Eh. I don't have many yet... or any.

Tues - I hate spring. Allergies kill me (but I'm in a new place, so maybe they won't be so bad). I think now that it's warmer, I'll walk outside more and go on hikes and stuff.

----------------------

Update: monthly gift is messing with me. I wanna sleep. Work sucks. Um. I'm trying. I cut down my exercise to Zumba three times a week. I'm hoping to go hiking and stuff this weekend.

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a better day than me... Did not get enough sleep - partly my fault by going to bed too late, but then also kept having nightmares (was on a space shuttle that got invaded by aliens that already destroyed the earth with nasty diseases - don't ask why!! :faint:) and then was horribly hot during the night. Just not a good start for the day... I have theater tickets for tonight and will have to miss my workout today - don't think I can be jumping around on my neighbour's ceiling (i.e. my appartment's floor) when I get home at 11pm... But I have decided that one day of rest during a week won't hurt my overall fitness.

QOTD:
The best thing about spring is that the days are longer. I just have more energy when I can wake up when it is light outside and get home from work before it is dark again. And having more energy really helps with being more active physically as well!

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get on plan let alone managing to stay on. It's spring break here so my schedule is all messed up to. I'm going to try and get through the week and then get back on track.

Come Monday I've decided to walk an hour in the morning (I already do that mon-fri with the exception of this week), eat low carbs before dinner time (mostly fruit, veggies, yogurt, chicken for lunch and breakfast) and get back to aquafit 3 nights a week and see how that goes.

Oh and to answer the qotd it's definitely easier to stay on plan once spring hits because the produce is do abundant and tempting and i love being outside. In the winter here it rains all the time so I just want to crawl into bed and watch tv.

PlutoBaby--I am really very sorry about your itband. It is just the pits. Since you lost weight, have you had someone look at your running gait again? I pronated when I was heavier, and suppinate now. The stability shoes really caused some problems for me when I was wearing them--and didn't need them.

I never had someone look at my gait to begin with.:guilty: Maybe I should mention this to my PT? The girl at the running place did watch me walk and and had me try on Sauconys when this first happened with my other knee, which I love. But since then, I haven't had too much of a loss, maybe 3-4 pounds at the most. I go to PT tonight, so I'll mention it to the master.:goodvibes Have you (or anyone else here) tried the KT tape? I'm wondering if that will do anything or if it's just a new fad?:confused3
My DS is a senior in college and he is on his way back from Colorado to SC and stuck in bad weather at the airport in Atlanta. We need lots of good thoughts that his plane home gets out tonight.:goodvibes

Glad to hear he got home in one piece!:thumbsup2

Since our spring down here isn't really all that different from summer, there isn't anything that really sticks out. Other than maybe the ocean starts warming up and I know scuba time isn't that far off!:cool1: I think things will be easier more due to the clocks being turned ahead and having all that daylight after work now. It's so hard to stay motivated when you get home around 5:30, and it's almost dark, and all you want to do is go to bed!:cloud9::

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a better day than me... Did not get enough sleep - partly my fault by going to bed too late, but then also kept having nightmares (was on a space shuttle that got invaded by aliens that already destroyed the earth with nasty diseases - don't ask why!! :faint:) and then was horribly hot during the night. Just not a good start for the day... I have theater tickets for tonight and will have to miss my workout today - don't think I can be jumping around on my neighbour's ceiling (i.e. my appartment's floor) when I get home at 11pm... But I have decided that one day of rest during a week won't hurt my overall fitness.

QOTD:
The best thing about spring is that the days are longer. I just have more energy when I can wake up when it is light outside and get home from work before it is dark again. And having more energy really helps with being more active physically as well!

I've got page one updated with everyone's percentages! Let me apologize in advance if I got it wrong for anyone.... and if I did, let me know and I will fix it immediately!

Snow continues to fall heavily and now the snowblower is broken. Things are going downhill rapidly here.....:sad2:

BBL to chat.............P

Pluto--I think the kt tape is worth looking into. It aggravated my itband, but I had a great experience with it when my foot was messed up and had it on almost every day for months. The therapist at the time had me taping it a weird way for my itband, not the way the kt instructions recommend. I think when it works you can really tell, but it doesn't work every time for every situation. Does that make sense? I keep meaning to look up how to tape for lower back to try it on a long run, but I keep forgetting. Oh and btw I have some friends who have had success with taping as well, so more than one positive experience.

All you folks getting snow, I am so sorry about the spring question! It is ~40 here today and sunny, which might sound great, but our average high should already be up to 60+ so I am not happy with that silly groundhog who said spring was coming early! I really need to move somewhere warm! :)

Linda--page one is the first page of the thread where percentage lost is reported. If you pm'd Pamela your starting weight for the month, then you pm updates on Fridays. We are running the challenge on a monthly basis with individual results reported in percentage lost. The first page should explain things. Hope this helps. :)

Spring isn't much different for us here either.. Really we usually skip it, from the 60 degree weather of winter to maybe a few weeks in betweenm and by mid April we are burning up! I will say I think summer might be HARDER to stay OP, at least where exercise is concerned. No one wants to go sweat on purpose after sweating all day in 100+ degree weather!

Glad your DS made it ok, Rose!!

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get on plan let alone managing to stay on. It's spring break here so my schedule is all messed up to. I'm going to try and get through the week and then get back on track.

Come Monday I've decided to walk an hour in the morning (I already do that mon-fri with the exception of this week), eat low carbs before dinner time (mostly fruit, veggies, yogurt, chicken for lunch and breakfast) and get back to aquafit 3 nights a week and see how that goes.

Sorry you have been having a hard time! But it sounds like you have great plan to overcome these challenges! :cheer2:

Since I don't quite know how to quote from my iPhone, I would just like to say a big thanks to those that answered my questions!! I think I will just hang here the rest of the month and then join in the April challenge!! However I did manage to drop 4 pounds this week!!

As for the QOTD, I love spring!! It's a much lighter shade of grey than winter here in the NW! Great time to grab an umbrella & hit the trails! Paved of course, we can't get all crazy just yet. There is a very good reason our favorite hike near our house is called Mud Mountain!! lol. It's also nice to just throw open the windows and get some fresh air, sure it's only 50 degree air, but it's refreshing!! :-)

Hope you all have a great day today!!

Morning all! I'm at work today, so I won't be popping on much. I will be back to chat when the kids head out to recess at about 11 am.

DH never got the snowblower fixed last night. He tried to go out to get the part, but couldn't get up our road. Not sure why he thought he could because I had tried about 20 minutes prior to get out to take DD to the pool and had to turn around before I left the neighborhood. Anyhow, DH ended up shoveling most of the driveway.... and it is a long driveway! But it was a good workout for him... plus he shoveled a path to the hottub and was able to relax in the tub after all his hard work!

But SPRING is here today officially, so I am SURE all of this snow will be gone soon, right???;) And Easter will be here before you can blink!

Read just a bit here before the 1st graders decend on me!............P

QOTD Wednesday March 20, 2013
We have talked about this before, but I think it is really important (at least for me) so I am going to throw it out there again.
Are you organized? Are your days full of chaos (can't find stuff, not sure where you are supposed to be, have no idea what you are going to eat or when)? How do you think your organization/clutter or lack there of effects your weight loss?

What a great thread/idea! I'm assuming I'm too late for March. Would the April thread go up April 1st?
Welcome! We have a few more weigh-ins left in March so you are welcome to pm pjlla your weight and get started or you can just jump in and introduce yourself and start chatting. If you haven't had a chance yet, read the first page to get an idea of how the challenge works.:goodvibes

Pluto--I think the kt tape is worth looking into. It aggravated my itband, but I had a great experience with it when my foot was messed up and had it on almost every day for months. The therapist at the time had me taping it a weird way for my itband, not the way the kt instructions recommend. I think when it works you can really tell, but it doesn't work every time for every situation. Does that make sense? I keep meaning to look up how to tape for lower back to try it on a long run, but I keep forgetting. Oh and btw I have some friends who have had success with taping as well, so more than one positive experience.

All you folks getting snow, I am so sorry about the spring question! It is ~40 here today and sunny, which might sound great, but our average high should already be up to 60+ so I am not happy with that silly groundhog who said spring was coming early! I really need to move somewhere warm! :)

Thanks Rose! As always, you are a mountain of info. I mentioned it to my PT last week and he actually doesn't know how to tape. So I have to figure out someone who can tell me. Maybe I can find something online.:scratchin

And feel free to join us here in the land of the Mouse!:cool1::mickeyjum

DH never got the snowblower fixed last night. He tried to go out to get the part, but couldn't get up our road. Not sure why he thought he could because I had tried about 20 minutes prior to get out to take DD to the pool and had to turn around before I left the neighborhood. Anyhow, DH ended up shoveling most of the driveway.... and it is a long driveway! But it was a good workout for him... plus he shoveled a path to the hottub and was able to relax in the tub after all his hard work!

But SPRING is here today officially, so I am SURE all of this snow will be gone soon, right???;) And Easter will be here before you can blink!

Oh how I don't miss those days!:scared1: Of course we didn't have a snowblower or a hot tub. But we did have that long driveway that I swore kept getting longer the longer I kept shoveling!:scared1:

QOTD Wednesday March 20, 2013
We have talked about this before, but I think it is really important (at least for me) so I am going to throw it out there again.
Are you organized? Are your days full of chaos (can't find stuff, not sure where you are supposed to be, have no idea what you are going to eat or when)? How do you think your organization/clutter or lack there of effects your weight loss?

Yes and no. My closet is, my desk drawers are, but some of the kitchen drawers are a mess, which makes me CRAZY!!:joker: Occupational habit being married to the DH. :upsidedow I don't think it affects anything else in my life such as food, exercise, etc., as I don't let it bother me too much. In the big picture, it just seems so insignificant. I'd rather have more time to play with the Wonder Mutt and the DH than waste time straightening out drawers which is just going to get messed up again anyway. Thank you DH!:love::furious::lmao:

Ugh! First day of spring and there is snow on the ground. I'm so frustrated. I really want to sign up for the wine & dine half marathon but I need a lot of training. The most I have ever run is a 5K. I was really hoping for a mild March so I could start training this week but its not going to happen. According to the weathermen we have a few more weeks of freezing temps. For now I guess I will hold off on signing up :(.
On the bright side I've been working out more and actually building some muscle. I ordered the Engine 2 cookbook and hope to start eating even healthier! This thread is so inspiring, I love reading along everyday!
Xo
Melinda

Ugh! First day of spring and there is snow on the ground. I'm so frustrated. I really want to sign up for the wine & dine half marathon but I need a lot of training. The most I have ever run is a 5K. I was really hoping for a mild March so I could start training this week but its not going to happen. According to the weathermen we have a few more weeks of freezing temps. For now I guess I will hold off on signing up :(.
On the bright side I've been working out more and actually building some muscle. I ordered the Engine 2 cookbook and hope to start eating even healthier! This thread is so inspiring, I love reading along everyday!
Xo
Melinda
Melinda, you have lots of time to get ready for w&d, though I totally understand the stress.

In Dec 09 I was a couch potato.
In Jan 10 I started working out again.
In April (end of the month) I started seriously running. Ran 3.6. I had been seriously working out since January, but not taking the running seriously. But I would do 60+ min workouts on the elliptical.
In July I ran a 10k.
Labor Day weekend I ran my first half.
The end of Sept ran the W&D. (It was earlier the first year.

If you are already working out and have completed a 5k you are off to a good start.

If you can't get outside and don't have access to a treadmill or elliptical get some Walk Away the Pounds and get moving in the house. Work on 30-45 min of cardio at least 4-5 days a week.
If you get any break in the weather at all get outside and move. If you have trouble breathing in the cold air, put a scarf or something similar over your face to warm up the air you are breathing. I have to do this if the temps are below 40 and I go outside.

Write up a training plan backwards. In other words start from the race and move backwards and figure out when you have to start hitting distances.

A lot of training plans are 3-4 months, but I think the more you move this spring the better. Get those legs and lungs used to moving.

The important thing is to move now so that when you can start running outside it is not like staring from zero.:goodvibes

ETA--I just saw you did a 60 min walk. You really are off to a good start. You have time! You can do this! :)

I had my DD try the KT tape last year for some overuse shoulder issues (from swimming). She had some pretty good luck with it, combined with a bit of PT (and instructions from the PT on proper taping). The theory behind why the tape works, etc, is interesting and you can find lots of info online about it if you would like to read more. I've been tempted to try taping my knees lately, but haven't taken the time to look into the "how" for my particular issue.

Don't worry about it. It was just nice to THINK about spring for a bit!!

What a great thread/idea! I'm assuming I'm too late for March. Would the April thread go up April 1st?

WELCOME!!!

Never to late, but if you want to just "officially" start for April 1, I understand. Feel free to read the "rules and regs" on page one of this thread so that you know how things work.

Since I don't quite know how to quote from my iPhone, I would just like to say a big thanks to those that answered my questions!! I think I will just hang here the rest of the month and then join in the April challenge!! However I did manage to drop 4 pounds this week!!

As for the QOTD, I love spring!! It's a much lighter shade of grey than winter here in the NW! Great time to grab an umbrella & hit the trails! Paved of course, we can't get all crazy just yet. There is a very good reason our favorite hike near our house is called Mud Mountain!! lol. It's also nice to just throw open the windows and get some fresh air, sure it's only 50 degree air, but it's refreshing!! :-)

Hope you all have a great day today!!

I'd take 50 degrees in a HEARTBEAT today!!

Feel free to continue to visit and chat and you can "officially" join in April !

Oh MY STARS!! This class is making me....:scared1: It only takes a few but WOWZA..... outta control behavior!! For some I know they truly cannot help it.... the ADHD and such really takes a hold of them.... but a few are just :rolleyes:

Brought dinner leftovers for lunch, so at least I have that to look forward to...:rotfl: veggie egg pie (kind of like crustless quiche) and fruit.

Well.... I have just 5 more minutes for a bathroom break and to warm my lunch before cafeteria duty! I'll probably pop on again when they head to Special about 2pm...........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter