WISH Away The Pounds - Marvelous March Challenge ~~ All are WELCOME!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by pjlla, Feb 28, 2013.

1. pix13dust

pix13dust DIS Veteran

Oh Buffy you inspired me! I was having such a lazy day yesterday until I read your post, after I read it I went over to the High School track and ran my own 5K. 48 minutes flat, damn I'm slow :) but it is only the second time I've run since October. Congrats to you Buffy!

Happy Easter to all
    Melinda

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Eliza32

Eliza32 DIS Veteran

QOTD: Looking back at March, tell us one thing in your weight loss efforts that you are proud of that you accomplished that is not about the pounds you lost.

Not directly related to my weight loss, but the thing I did in March that I am proud of is that I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier (6:00am instead of 6:15) so that I have more time to 'get myself together' in a morning before work.

I always seemed to be rushing......no time to enjoy the hot shower, wolfing down breakfast, giving the poor cat no cuddle time.....so those 15 minutes have made a big difference and I feel calmer and more able to face my day.

A big difference for a small adjustment I feel.

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

Good job!! Glad I could inspire someone! I really hemmed and hawed about doing the race but I reminded myself of a quote " you'll never regret a run, but you do regret skipping one". (Or something like that)

48 minutes is pretty darn good if you ask me.
    And you were lapping everyone still on the couch!

I will admit I felt a bit like a loser when there were people in their 60's getting trophies for finishing in 20 minutes but then I was like they have been running for 40+ years and I've been running sporadically for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

5. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

That's a good one! The morning routine really sets the tone for the day. I know when I'm late and rushing, it makes a huge impact on how I treat the kids. If we are late, I'm very short with them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

6. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

Thank you for the kind words! My DH works in an ER & I tell him that I could never do his job. I guess everyone was meant for something :)

Yay on a new minivan! And I hear ya about those Reese's eggs. They are dangerous!

Thank you! Happy Easter!

Thank you for your encouragement!

Congrats and great job!

Happy Easter! One thing that I did was spring clean & purge! I know it's not directly related to my weight loss & pounds lost, but it's about the mental aspect. Organization & order helps me in all parts of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Easter everyone! I'm just popping on while I'm waiting for my aunt & grandma to swing by to give DSs cards. I am hosting dinner at 4:00 so I have some cleaning to do before I start cooking.

I hope everyone enjoys their day! I am sooooo ready for April & hopefully some warm weather!

Off to get DSs to clean up a bit. Ttyl!!

Jill

7. goofyfigment

goofyfigment DIS Veteran

March was a horrible month due to mandatory overtime at work so I'm ready to start fresh for April. Is there a new thread started?

Hope everyone has a great Easter, that celebrate!

8. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Happy Easter! No time to chit chat right now, but I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Easter Sunday! Hope your day is filled with love, family, and peace. I'll BBL to chat...maybe on the ride home tonight..........P

9. 50sjayne

50sjayne DIS Veteran

If you have it today still (hosting)--cool. I do have to work then go to my Mom's.
    I think my greatest accomplishment so far this challenge is to finally realize that my fat intake is totally wrong. I have spent so many years avoiding it that for my poor body to make up for that I only end up eating bad fats. I'm going to start checking labels for trans fats, eating more fish high in omega 3's, cooking more with olive oil ( I already do but obviously I need to find more things to cook that involve it). I also love avocado I just need to get to Costco more to grab those big packs. I also love kalamata olives. I think I'm going to break down and finally learn how to make pasta dishes by myself instead of hamburger helper lol. Also have no problem with nuts-- pistachios are kind of a great diet food anyway. Just hardly ever eat them...stuff i could do is make my breakfast steel cut oats more often, and maybe bake some muffins with nuts-- that sort of thing. Really this is huge for me.

Happy Easter everyone! :sunny::flower2::daisy:

10. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

So glad you have had a good March (minus the issue here)!

We would welcome you to coach!

11. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

I am proud of meeting my exercise goal and then some! 1615 minutes and my goal was 1300! :cool1:

Hi all and Happy Easter (or just a happy Sunday)! I am getting the April thread up and running today... don't forget to send your last chance weigh-in to Pam if you haven't already! Please include me in the PM if you are planning to use that as your starting weigh-in (or PM me tomorrow if you so choose). Either way, don't forget to include a goal or if you are maintaining :)

I am proud to say that I finished the month strong with a 10 lb loss, 3 more than my goal! Wishing you all a great weekend and a great start to Achieving in April!

12. Eliza32

Eliza32 DIS Veteran

A big thank you to everyone who has taken part this month. Have really enjoyed your support.

Hope to see you all on the new thread in the morning...off to bed now (well it is 10pm here!)

13. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Good Easter evening all! Had a wonderful day with family again. Enjoyed some healthy foods along with a bit of goodies, but feeling ok with how I ate over the two days. Got in a good workout Saturday morning that started my weekend off on the right track.

Not going to take the time to chat a lot right now, as I am on mobile wifi and it can disappear without warning...plus I'm tired and will probably doze off here in the car for a bit :rolleyes1

I will get page one updated tomorrow, so there is still time to send in a final March weight! But other that that we should be all moving our chatter to the new April thread tomorrow! ...............P

14. pix13dust

pix13dust DIS Veteran

Thanks for hosting Pam!

15. myweegirls

myweegirls DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Back just under the wire in March...we had a great spring break. DDs loved Camp Grandma, and DH and I had a great time on the Dream. I started out great - ran three days in a row (Beach Club, treadmill on the Dream, and then got a PR the Castaway Cay 5K!), but then...oof. I think I had one of those vacations where I was so pent-up with needing to get away that I let things get a leeetle bit out of control once I was on vacation. I pretty much ate and drank what I wanted, and then some. I continued my annual affair with jelly beans (Brachs traditional, all the way). We got back late this afternoon, and after I unpacked, started laundry, and went out for dinner, I got out for a run to get back on track. I have some serious work to do - Nike Women's Half is in less than a month (!), and I definitely have some vacation pounds to shed. Looking forward to the April thread - I need it!

XO
    Liz

16. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

Thanks for hostessing, Pamela! :flower3: See you all on the April thread. :goodvibes

17. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

The point is you FINISHED!!! I think I can safely say everyone here in the DIS is PROUD of you!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes::cool1:

18. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Well done!!

I am glad that we could inspire you to get out!! And congratulations on your fabulous loss!!

It is so much easier to exercise when the weather is warm and the days are longer!!

Fantastic!

Sounds great! Being more in charge and organised always does help me a lot with being able to focus on weight loss.

Yay for the spring clean!! And I agree that having everything organised does help in many ways!

I am a huge fan of making sure to get good oils!! One way of getting more olive oil is to eat your vegetables as a salad which you dress with some oil (or EVOO - finally found out that this not a brand of fancy non-fat oil, but an acronym for extra virgin olive oil... :goodvibes).

Congratulations on both exceeding your exercise and your weight loss goal! What a fantastic month!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! And good luck with the half marathon training!!

Also from me: Thanks for hosting Pam!!! And thanks to Amanda for taking up the new month!!

19. iheartjuppy

iheartjuppy Mouseketeer

WHEE! I went green for the first time! Thanks again!! :)

20. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Okay friends.... the MARCH CHALLENGE is finally caught up. Page one has been updated with any and all weights that have been sent to me in the past week. If your number isn't correct or if you have forgotten to send it in, here is your LAST reminder!! Lots of pretty color on page one! Great job to our 100% folks ........

araes2012

Eliza32

pix13dust

hunter1211

Quicklabs

iheartjuppy

And our 90% folks.....

WDWorBUST

mikamah

princessbride6205

And of course EVERYONE ELSE who stuck with it through a TOUGH March month!

If you lost.... WONDERFUL JOB! :worship:

If you maintained.... WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2

If you had a gain, but NEVER GAVE UP.... WOOHOOOO!!!:cool1:

If for some reason you did give up.... COME ON BACK! We miss you! You can do it this time! I have confidence in you! We saved a spot for you in the April challenge and we would LOVE to take this journey with you! :hug:

..............................P