WISH Away the Pounds--January 2013 challenge--Everyone Welcome!

Which brings me to the QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

Be back in a few with replies and my own answer.
Another great question and great food for thought. You are really motivating me to get my butt in gear Lisa!

I would say to someone who is having motivation issues--think about what is most important to you in the whole world. It can be more than one thing. It can be a combination of things. Now think about if you are truly able to enjoy or feel good about what is important to you at your current weight--and be brutally honest with yourself.

What I found that came out of my initial weight loss and why I am back on the wagon--the best thing that came out of losing weight--this will sound stupid, maybe--being able to ride Dumbo with my 21 yo son. I don't know why that meant so much to me. Maybe cause I was able to ENJOY my life more, maybe because I knew my family was not embarrassed by my weight or bad choices, maybe because I KNEW I was healthier and able to keep up with my DS and his college friends. I don't know, but that is still a motivator for me. I NEVER want to go back to that place again. I love it that Mike and Tom and I can squish onto haunted mansion or under the sea. Yes it is squishy, and silly, but I love that I am not the heavy person in the family. I loved it when I (the only girl in the family) finally weighed less than the boys. I ENJOY my life more at a healthy weight. That is MY reason for doing this. You just need to find yours.:goodvibes

Thanks Lisa!

I need to get going to work. But thought you all would enjoy this.

In my effort to meal plan, eat healthier, get my act together, etc I decided to make a batch of carmelized onions in the crock pot overnight. I read several recipes and thought how hard could it be? I used the food processor to slice up almost an entire bag of onions, put it in my crock pot with a tiny bit of olive oil and tiny bit of butter (it was a lot of onions) and set it on low for overnight. I woke up a million times last night smelling cooking onions. My house REEKS of cooking onions. I ended up having to put them on the stove for about 30 minutes to cook off the water and I added some balsamic vinegar. They are delicious but I don't think I will ever get the smell of cooking onions out of my house. Next time just doing it the old fashioned and much quicker way of cooking on the stove top. Sure, it will still smell like onions, but hopefully it will go away faster. I know there is onion smell seeping out of my pores and I'm going to have to apologize to everyone at work for being stinky!:thumbsup2

Have a great Monday! :)

QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

Be back in a few with replies and my own answer.[/QUOTE]

Cliche but JUST DO IT! Or fake it till you make it! Or A journey of a hundred miles starts with one step! I guess for me, what is most motivating is success (hopefully my own) and you only get to that success, whatever it may be... one lb lost, one day on OP, or reaching my final goal... by starting.

QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

Great question Lisa and the timing couldn't be better! :banana: I'm going to be greedy here and ask for some motivation as opposed to giving it, simply because of something that happened over the weekend.

Here's the scene: I'm on a weekend trip with friends :drive:. It's a weekend of eating great seafood and partying like we were back in college (aka - lots of wine and margaritas!:hyper:) Knowing how hard I've been working at getting to my goal weight over the past year, and seeing the ungodly slow :furious: but progressive weight loss, both my friends and DH think I'm now "too skinny" :confused:. (Keep in mind I set my goal based on my height and healthy BMI range, even though I'm not a big believer in BMI)...I don't want to make this sound as ridiculous as I'm sure it does, but isn't it more how you feel about yourself than a number on a scale :confused3? The number can be the tangible goal, but I think how you feel about yourself, and how healthy you feel, can be the ultimate motivators :thumbsup2. When asked why I wanted to lose a few more pounds, (this week since I gained back a couple so it's up to 9 lbs), my reply has always been what it always is: 1. to have less weight to carry when I run, especially since I'm seriously considering going 26.2, 2. to eat a much healthier diet the majority of the time (which does include self-indulgent meals), and, 3. to actually reach a weight loss goal that I've set for myself numerous times in the past, but never met.

I can safely say there's no eating disorder or anything like that, (I love food WAY too much for that kind of craziness!:love:), but to find my support system isn't being as supportive anymore, is a real downer.

So I guess this is just a (very) long-winded way of asking how do you motivate yourself when everyone around you doesn't agree with your goal???

I struggle greatly with motivation. I think to myself as I fall asleep each night tomorrow I am going to get up and do this. Then tomorrow rolls around and I have zero energy and force myself just to get out of bed and do the things that have to be done. I nearly always stay under my calorie count but its the exercise I struggle with. I plan 60 min everyday but usually 30 does me in. I don't know if 6 months post radiation/chemo my goal is truly more than I can handle or if I am just being lazy. My motivation is health. I have watched too many in my extended family die from obesity related illnesses and I lost my parents before I was 30. I would never want my son to go through that. Today I see my oncologist and you can bet I will be asking her if I am expecting more than my body can give. I have a disney trip planned for early summer and would like to be able to keep up with my family which I guess is my exercise motivation.

Happy Monday everyone! I'm here at work, so I don't have much time. I'll do read/reply with whatever time I can find today.

Still having an issue with my ear and it seems to be getting a bit worse. I had a moment in the car this morning when I had parked at the Y and after putting the car in "park" I whipped my head around back to grab something and had the immediately sensation that the car was moving.... and not just forward but side to side and up and down!!:scared: I slammed my foot on the brake and turned around and realized that NOTHING was moving except my head! It was a scary sensation! This was AFTER I had done my TM time, so maybe that was part of the problem?? Anyhow, I'm at work and it seems to be okay right now. I'm going to get an appointment with my chiropractor this week, as I haven't seen him since before Christmas and my back and neck are really tight and sore.... maybe that will help with the ear ringing and vertigo too??? You never know.

DD and I got all the way to the Y last night (40 miles away) and she discovered that there was no practice!!! And to compound that, the Y was closing, so she couldn't even stay and get in her own workout! I was already at Costco by the time she called, but I hadn't gone in yet, so I dashed back to get her and we drove home frustrated and aggravated. She is blaming the coaching for not letting her know, but since NO ONE ELSE seemed to show up, I am kind of presuming that it went out in an email that we somehow missed. Long drive for NOTHING!! Although I did swing in the grocery store for some fruit.

Today will be busy after school. I will drive home to drop off DS and then DD and I will head to the Y so she can get in a workout (since she won't make it to her regular team practice) before attending the 8th grade parents' night at the HS. She will be there representing the swim team, in case any parents want more information, etc. Not sure if I will workout at the Y, as I already had a workout this morning, but it might be worthwhile use of my time. Plus we are supposed to have snow falling, so I won't really want to head out on errands at that point.

Searching and searching for a new recipe to share with you all, but coming up blank right now. I'm going to take another peek through my WW magazines and see if there is anything there that I can try and share with you all!

I hope you are all having a delightful Monday and are staying warm and dry, where ever you live! Make the MOST of your Monday with good choices. Remember.... ARE THESE CHOICES TAKING ME IN THE DIRECTION I WANT TO GO?? .....................P

The first post is updated. :)

Congrats to everyone who has met their monthly goal. :)

Congrats to Liz for maintaining all four weeks in January! That is awesome!

And congrats to everyone who is still here, pluggling along. No matter where you end up for the month (and I will be one of those people not making their goal this month) be proud of the fact that you are working on it and thinking about it. Changes do not happen over night. And weight loss is HARD! I am still hanging in there and I hope you are too! :)

Try to take some time between now and February 1st to celebrate your victories and to think about what you need to do different or the same in February to keep making progress toward your goal. :goodvibes

Thanks for taking care of us and helping us to be so colorful!!

I just checked my first email of the year and I made my goal of 4 pounds as of this morning.:banana::banana::banana:

1 pound a week is where I have wanted to be on this journey.

WOOOHOO on making your goal! How have you been? I feel like you've been missing here !

This made me tear up :) :cloud9:

Awww.... as a Mom you can totally appreciate those feelings I have for my "surprise baby", I'm sure.

So sorry for all the posts guys!! I could not for the life of me figure out how to multi-quote on my iPad!! If anyone knows, please share!

Ok I am all caught up and am going to include all QOTDs here...

Tues: Changes I've made... Well I think. Mostly it is counting carbs. i have always counted calories, made sure to drink lots of water, and tracked foods while trying to lose weight, and while these things are great, i just feel so much better on a low carb diet! As for weather... This past week it was beautiful, sunny and upper 70s! This weekend it is pleasantly rainy, 60s and cloudy :)

Glad you are taking a look at carbs and not just total calories. Most folks don't realize that it isn't FAT that makes us fat.... it is carbs! And specifically WHITE SUGARY CARBS!

Jealous of your nice weather!

Wed: My successes and struggles... I have been successful in not giving up, even though the scale is not. Owing at a pace I am happy with. I think this is due to me trying to change my mindset, I am not aiming to lose weight by some deadline for some big event (besides the wedding which is now a year and a half off in the distance). I am losing weight because I want to be healthier in the long run! I guess that would be a positive for moving the wedding date back ::yes:: Struggles would include exercise. I have that I enjoy going to the Y! But I just need to get up earlier to get there before everyone else wakes up! Trying to fit it in just does not work with my job. My schedule changes everyday, sometimes several times a day! As a result I have not gone as much as I would like...

It is hard to get a good workout SCHEDULE going with such a changeable routine! I can appreciate that. With that situation a lot of it is about PLANNING. I never know if I will be called to work, but when I leave in the morning with my exercise clothes on, my breakfast and lunch packed, and my gym bag loaded with shower stuff and work clothes, I am PLANNING on a good workout AND a work day! If I don't get called to work, I just bump my workout up by about 30 minutes and skip the shower until I'm home. And I plan crockpot meals even when I don't know if I am working. If I DON'T end up working, I have that dinner prep time to workout if I need it!

Plan, plan, plan!

Thurs: Fav quote right now is a song, Try by Pink. "Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned, but just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try." I love this song to exercise to and find it so true... I have to push myself to be uncomfortable if I want change.

I need to find that song!! I love PINK!

Fri: Do I get enough fats? Absolutely. I guess because I try to follow a modified Atkins (counting carbs and calories). I am still trying to figure if if I get too many fats...

Love to hear more about your modified Atkins diet. I arranged my own modified SB/WW plan a few years ago and have stuck with it pretty well until this month. I've definitely added more carbs back in (mostly in the form of airpopped popcorn and things like that), but when I was being REALLY faithful to it I was able to drop a few pounds below my maintenance range and hit a new adult low weight (which I maintained for about 24 hours.... just in time to go to WDW and enjoy a Mickey bar! :rotfl:). S

at: 5 servings of fruit and veggies? Absolutely. Lunch and dinner everyday are usually both large salads with other veggies thrown in too. But I still want to incorporate more veggies into my kids' diets and also up my own to Pamela's recommended 10 servings :)

Try to remember that a big bowl of greens for your salad might be 2-3 servings of veggies, so you may be doing better than you think!!

Sun: as for having positive goals... I think I need to spend time to actually write out goals, I ave always kept them in my head and they are very fluid that way... From " I want to lose 3 lbs jus week!" to "I want to get back down to my last weigh-in weight before my next weigh-in day!" :rotfl: I think actually writing out positively framed goals will be really beneficial to me!

I need to be better about writing things down where I can see them too.

Thanks, I am feeling much better. Today I ate soda crackers and had some sprite and so far so good. I know most of what I lost was fluid weight because my wedding ring that usually fits a little snug is so loose that it falls right off. I do have a few dehydration symptoms but I am doing what I can to keep fluids in. I see my oncologist tomorrow for my post cancer check up so wish me luck. Here's to hoping the weight stays off but I bet atleast half was water weight :(

Prayers for your oncology visit and for your dehydration symptoms. Don't be sad when you gain back the water.... be grateful that your body is getting back to normal so that you can start losing "real" weight again!!

I haven't lost much weight so far but my pants are definitely fitting better.

I'm going to try harder to fit in fruits and veggies even if I have to sneak them in stuff like a little kid lol. I made oatmeal in the crockpot last night and added a whole can of pumpkin...it was pretty good really.;)

Love pumpkin in SO MANY THINGS! I heard about a pumpkin shake yesterday and wanted to try it, but forgot. Maybe for a snack today? I'll let you know how it comes out!

The first page is updated. Let me know if you see anything that needs corrected. :)

Congrats to everyone who has met their goal in January.:goodvibes There is lots and lots of color on the first post--which is awesome!

Thanks again for updating us!

[Which brings me to the QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

I'll give this one more thought and get back to you later.

Another great question and great food for thought. You are really motivating me to get my butt in gear Lisa!

I would say to someone who is having motivation issues--think about what is most important to you in the whole world. It can be more than one thing. It can be a combination of things. Now think about if you are truly able to enjoy or feel good about what is important to you at your current weight--and be brutally honest with yourself.

What I found that came out of my initial weight loss and why I am back on the wagon--the best thing that came out of losing weight--this will sound stupid, maybe--being able to ride Dumbo with my 21 yo son. I don't know why that meant so much to me. Maybe cause I was able to ENJOY my life more, maybe because I knew my family was not embarrassed by my weight or bad choices, maybe because I KNEW I was healthier and able to keep up with my DS and his college friends. I don't know, but that is still a motivator for me. I NEVER want to go back to that place again. I love it that Mike and Tom and I can squish onto haunted mansion or under the sea. Yes it is squishy, and silly, but I love that I am not the heavy person in the family. I loved it when I (the only girl in the family) finally weighed less than the boys. I ENJOY my life more at a healthy weight. That is MY reason for doing this. You just need to find yours.:goodvibes

Thanks Lisa!

It doesn't sound stupid at all. No matter WHAT our motivation, as long as it works for US, that is all that counts! I've always said that there is no PERFECT weight loss plan for everyone. If it works for you, then it is perfect for you, no matter what the plan (as long as it is healthy and sustainable).

I need to get going to work. But thought you all would enjoy this.

In my effort to meal plan, eat healthier, get my act together, etc I decided to make a batch of carmelized onions in the crock pot overnight. I read several recipes and thought how hard could it be? I used the food processor to slice up almost an entire bag of onions, put it in my crock pot with a tiny bit of olive oil and tiny bit of butter (it was a lot of onions) and set it on low for overnight. I woke up a million times last night smelling cooking onions. My house REEKS of cooking onions. I ended up having to put them on the stove for about 30 minutes to cook off the water and I added some balsamic vinegar. They are delicious but I don't think I will ever get the smell of cooking onions out of my house. Next time just doing it the old fashioned and much quicker way of cooking on the stove top. Sure, it will still smell like onions, but hopefully it will go away faster. I know there is onion smell seeping out of my pores and I'm going to have to apologize to everyone at work for being stinky!:thumbsup2

Have a great Monday! :)

Wouldn't bother me or my family. For the most part we are all onion lovers! Especially carmelized! I want to try this myself! I never have enough carmelized onions or sauteed peppers. I could put them in nearly everything!

I struggle greatly with motivation. I think to myself as I fall asleep each night tomorrow I am going to get up and do this. Then tomorrow rolls around and I have zero energy and force myself just to get out of bed and do the things that have to be done. I nearly always stay under my calorie count but its the exercise I struggle with. I plan 60 min everyday but usually 30 does me in. I don't know if 6 months post radiation/chemo my goal is truly more than I can handle or if I am just being lazy. My motivation is health. I have watched too many in my extended family die from obesity related illnesses and I lost my parents before I was 30. I would never want my son to go through that. Today I see my oncologist and you can bet I will be asking her if I am expecting more than my body can give. I have a disney trip planned for early summer and would like to be able to keep up with my family which I guess is my exercise motivation.

Nothing like a doctor's visit to get the motivation raised!!:thumbsup2

Okay.... caught up except for the QOTD! I'll be back tonight with a good answer.... I hope! .......................P

pjlla said:
Happy Monday everyone! I'm here at work, so I don't have much time. I'll do read/reply with whatever time I can find today.

Still having an issue with my ear and it seems to be getting a bit worse. I had a moment in the car this morning when I had parked at the Y and after putting the car in "park" I whipped my head around back to grab something and had the immediately sensation that the car was moving.... and not just forward but side to side and up and down!!:scared: I slammed my foot on the brake and turned around and realized that NOTHING was moving except my head! It was a scary sensation! This was AFTER I had done my TM time, so maybe that was part of the problem?? Anyhow, I'm at work and it seems to be okay right now. I'm going to get an appointment with my chiropractor this week, as I haven't seen him since before Christmas and my back and neck are really tight and sore.... maybe that will help with the ear ringing and vertigo too??? You never know.

Searching and searching for a new recipe to share with you all, but coming up blank right now. I'm going to take another peek through my WW magazines and see if there is anything there that I can try and share with you all!

............P

Have you tried to see an ENT for your ear problems? Sounds like it might be fluid causing imbalance??

::yes:: please for a new recipe... Maybe that pumpkin shake you were just speaking of in your other post??

Did C25K week 1 day 2 yesterday. Pushed myself a little and it went pretty well. Stopped once at the 1/2 way mark to catch my breath and chase the kids out of the basement. But I had and average pace of 14 minute mile.
Went another 2 miles beyond that one of which was a 4.5 mph pace with 2 - 1 minute walking breaks. The last mile was a 3.6 walk.

Food was ok even with an impromptu stop for dinner at Chili's, hence the extra long workout. Lol

Giving up chocolate has been easier than expected. Don't have much in the house with it, and my go to snack has either been Extra gum or del monte peach cups.

Guess I should go plug my phone in, kids have the laptop for homework so I'm killing my phone being here.
I hope everyone has a great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

(Some of these things that I am trying to do and ideas for later...I am getting caught up on all the doctor/dentist stuff at the moment.)

Go to the doctor and get a physical with bloodwork if you have done so in over a year.

Get caught up with all of your doctor appts. Do something for yourself "medically". It will make you feel better that you are taking charge of your medical health.

With numbers in hand you can map put a sensible diet and exercise plan.:goodvibes

Change your exercise strategy such as doing it on the Wii, TV, DVDs, park, urban, mall walking.. etc. If you go mall walking, you can window shop.:hyper:

Take a class to get you back into the exercise ring. Look up your community classes and see if there is a class you can take. Maybe you will meet someone new in the area.:)

If you have a place to go and are slacking off find someone to hold you accountable, which who would not love a personal trainer, eh?

Get a scale!!! WalMart Biggest Loser food scale on SALE. That will hold you accountable and you get to play with your food....:rotfl:

I don't know if it because it is Monday or because of the full moon but it's taken me much longer than I expected to get back here for replies . . . :rolleyes1

I'm listening to the World of Color on d-cot.com as I type this and thinking how it reminds me of our beautiful, colorful 1st page of our thread. :rainbow:

Buffy, loved the picture of your Dad in the parade and a big woo hoo for doing C25K this week! :thumbsup2

Hi all!!

Sorry I have been MIA for about a week now, I was still lurking and reading, but just never had a good opportunity to post! Well DS's big day was great but I gave myself permission to have a free day :guilty: I did track everything and I had way too many calories and carbs :scared1: I spent the rest of this week making up for it! I had some very good workouts at the Y and was really on OP with my eating so I am proud of that. I maintained this week... probably due to the crazy bday extravaganza and TOM? Ah well, I still have 2 lbs to meet my goal for this challenge... maybe I will do it by the 31st! ::yes::

A maintain in the midst of a celebration week is always a winner in my book! :thumbsup2 I have faith that you will reach your goal before the end of the challenge! :tink:

Pamela, hope that you are feeling better and you should definitely see someone about that ear and vertigo thing. :flower3:

I just checked my first email of the year and I made my goal of 4 pounds as of this morning.:banana::banana::banana:

1 pound a week is where I have wanted to be on this journey.

Hey stranger! Nice to see you! :wave2: And congratulations on being WISH green!

Sun: as for having positive goals... I think I need to spend time to actually write out goals, I ave always kept them in my head and they are very fluid that way... From " I want to lose 3 lbs jus week!" to "I want to get back down to my last weigh-in weight before my next weigh-in day!" :rotfl: I think actually writing out positively framed goals will be really beneficial to me!

Just be sure that you have big picture goals as well as little goals to help you get there so you have something to celebrate all the time! ::yes::

Thanks, I am feeling much better. Today I ate soda crackers and had some sprite and so far so good. I know most of what I lost was fluid weight because my wedding ring that usually fits a little snug is so loose that it falls right off. I do have a few dehydration symptoms but I am doing what I can to keep fluids in. I see my oncologist tomorrow for my post cancer check up so wish me luck. Here's to hoping the weight stays off but I bet atleast half was water weight :(

I hope that you have a good report from your doctor today! :flower3:

I'm definitely checking this out.

quotd: I read the article--this is right up my alley, thanks!

:banana::banana::banana:

I haven't lost much weight so far but my pants are definitely fitting better.

I'm going to try harder to fit in fruits and veggies even if I have to sneak them in stuff like a little kid lol. I made oatmeal in the crockpot last night and added a whole can of pumpkin...it was pretty good really.

Sound yummy! ::yes::

Which brings me to the QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

My tip for someone looking for their motivation is to set yourself up for success. Pick something that you know that you can do and try that for a few days. Then add something else that you know that you can do and keep trying until you have the confidence to try something else. Build on positive success and don't waste time kicking yourself in the behind for things that cannot be changed. :hippie:

Loved your answer -- a good reminder that your motivation can change over time. :goodvibes

Cliche but JUST DO IT! Or fake it till you make it! Or A journey of a hundred miles starts with one step! I guess for me, what is most motivating is success (hopefully my own) and you only get to that success, whatever it may be... one lb lost, one day on OP, or reaching my final goal... by starting.

All excellent suggestions! :thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure I'm pushing it with the smilie police so will break this post up into two parts. :rotfl:

Great question Lisa and the timing couldn't be better! :banana: I'm going to be greedy here and ask for some motivation as opposed to giving it, simply because of something that happened over the weekend.

Here's the scene: I'm on a weekend trip with friends :drive:. It's a weekend of eating great seafood and partying like we were back in college (aka - lots of wine and margaritas!:hyper:) Knowing how hard I've been working at getting to my goal weight over the past year, and seeing the ungodly slow :furious: but progressive weight loss, both my friends and DH think I'm now "too skinny" :confused:. (Keep in mind I set my goal based on my height and healthy BMI range, even though I'm not a big believer in BMI)...I don't want to make this sound as ridiculous as I'm sure it does, but isn't it more how you feel about yourself than a number on a scale :confused3? The number can be the tangible goal, but I think how you feel about yourself, and how healthy you feel, can be the ultimate motivators :thumbsup2. When asked why I wanted to lose a few more pounds, (this week since I gained back a couple so it's up to 9 lbs), my reply has always been what it always is: 1. to have less weight to carry when I run, especially since I'm seriously considering going 26.2, 2. to eat a much healthier diet the majority of the time (which does include self-indulgent meals), and, 3. to actually reach a weight loss goal that I've set for myself numerous times in the past, but never met.

I can safely say there's no eating disorder or anything like that, (I love food WAY too much for that kind of craziness!:love:), but to find my support system isn't being as supportive anymore, is a real downer.

So I guess this is just a (very) long-winded way of asking how do you motivate yourself when everyone around you doesn't agree with your goal???

Oh man! Don't you hate it when your friends and family can't just be happy for you and help you celebrate your success?!? :furious: You can't control how they act but you can control how you react to them. I'm sure all comments are made only out of care and concern for you. They probably don't realize how hard it is for you to feel like you are losing your cheering squad. If you don't feel like telling them outright "hey I've put a lot of thought and effort into this and it is important to me that you continue to support me" I would use your "other" support systems, i.e., our forum, your running friends, etc. and just be a little quieter about things with the folks who are not supporting you now. You've had a great year and another great year ahead of you! :flower3:

I would definitely talk with your doctor and make sure that your expectations for yourself are in line with what you can feasibly do. :hug: There is no reason to make it harder on yourself by setting yourself up for disappointment -- nothing will suck your motivation away faster. Be kind to yourself! :flower3:

ARE THESE CHOICES TAKING ME IN THE DIRECTION I WANT TO GO?? .....................P

Great reminder! :thumbsup2

(Some of these things that I am trying to do and ideas for later...I am getting caught up on all the doctor/dentist stuff at the moment.)

Go to the doctor and get a physical with bloodwork if you have done so in over a year.

Get caught up with all of your doctor appts. Do something for yourself "medically". It will make you feel better that you are taking charge of your medical health.

With numbers in hand you can map put a sensible diet and exercise plan.:goodvibes

Change your exercise strategy such as doing it on the Wii, TV, DVDs, park, urban, mall walking.. etc. If you go mall walking, you can window shop.:hyper:

Take a class to get you back into the exercise ring. Look up your community classes and see if there is a class you can take. Maybe you will meet someone new in the area.:)

If you have a place to go and are slacking off find someone to hold you accountable, which who would not love a personal trainer, eh?

Get a scale!!! WalMart Biggest Loser food scale on SALE. That will hold you accountable and you get to play with your food....:rotfl:

Love all these suggestions! :love:

I am becoming a slave to my little Activelink sensor now that I have finished my assessment period. It is doing what it is supposed to do which is get me to be more active in my daily life and not just when I am running. :cool2:

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

lisah0711 said:
I am becoming a slave to my little Activelink sensor now that I have finished my assessment period. It is doing what it is supposed to do which is get me to be more active in my daily life and not just when I am running. :cool2:

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

Is this the Activelink at the Y?

Oh I miss read it, seems like it may be a hr monitor? Or similar to a fitbit? I was looking into either a fitbit or a bodymedia armband... Any suggestions?

Is this the Activelink at the Y?

The one that I am using is the Weight Watchers ActiveLink. It looks like this
images
It translates your activity into WW activity points. I'll let you know after my weigh-in Thursday if it translates into another loss for me! ::yes::

I am anxious to hear how LTS is enjoying her FitBit, too. :goodvibes

So I have attempted to post twice hopefully this time it goes thru. Saw my oncologist today and I am officially 6 months cancer free. :yay: she suggested I start the couch to 5k program or something similar that allows for building up stamina rather than trying to survive an hour or more and then be too exhausted to move for days. She thought I was expecting way too much from my body especially after surgery, chemo, and radiation. Said it can take a year or more so I need to be more patient.

lisah0711 said:
I am anxious to hear how LTS is enjoying her FitBit, too. :goodvibes

Oh yes me too!

and keeping my fingers crossed for a great weigh in on Thursday for you!

So I have attempted to post twice hopefully this time it goes thru. Saw my oncologist today and I am officially 6 months cancer free. :yay: she suggested I start the couch to 5k program or something similar that allows for building up stamina rather than trying to survive an hour or more and then be too exhausted to move for days. She thought I was expecting way too much from my body especially after surgery, chemo, and radiation. Said it can take a year or more so I need to be more patient.

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats on the clear check!

C25K is wonderful! I used it to do the Disney Everest 5K Challenge, and I just restarted last week.

Congratulations to YOU!!!:woohoo:

As far as patience, I hear you there. I have some issues as well and let me tell you, my mind wants to do all sorts of things but my body says...not so fast chicky.:rolleyes1

Pamela--I hope your inner ear stuff is doing better--I am assuming that's what the issue is. And the onions--I love onions. But I am telling you our house still smells really stinky!!

Hurray for being cancer free! I am really glad you saw your doctor today. The c25k is a great idea. Overdoing it with walking and running definitely leads to injuries, but if you want more workouts you could also try yoga or some strength workouts. Working on strength, flexibility and your core gives your legs (and lungs) a break while still burning calories. (Though there is strength for your legs too.) Again Congrats on a good report!

Uggh I had one of those days. Hopefully I didn't blow it with my eating. I didn't track, but I think I am still in an ok range.

I hope everyone has a good night. Three more days in January. I'm going to try to make them count!

tarzansmom said:

Great news! I hear great things about the C25K program... Thinking I will start that once I get more weight off. I would love to do a Disney marathon someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter