WISH Away the Pounds--January 2013 challenge--Everyone Welcome!

QOTD Saturday

On the Slimming World diet that I am following, it is recommended that a third of each of your 3 meals each day are 'superfree' items. This is all fresh or frozen fruits (not cooked) and most vegetables (starchy veg like potatoes, peas and sweetcorn are not included). Veg can be hidden in soups, stews, pasta dishes etc, so I guess I'm probably nearing the 8 or 9 servings a day level right now. Most of my weekly shopping bill seems to be on fruit & veg. I seem to be making a lot of visits to the ladies room too these days :scared:

:lmao:

I am usually pretty good at getting in my fruits and veggies--the whole vegetarian thing helps. ;) But there is so much junk food out there that I could easily go a whole day without any meat, fruits or veggies.

Let's see tricks and tips. Add fruit to your pancakes or french toast. Yummy and you are less likely to pile on the syrup. Buy plain yogurt and add fresh or frozen fruit, again less sugar or artificial sweeteners. Chop up kale and lightly steam--it can then be added to just about anything. It's especially good in macaroni and cheese. Top pizza that is cooked with arugula and throw back in oven for a minute. Hummus and carrots--it's what's for lunch. :) Actually I eat hummus and carrots almost every day I work. Bean burgers are really easy to make and you can put all kinds of extra veggies in them. Roasted veggies are quick and easy and again can be added to anything. Pomegrante seeds are amazing and make a fabulous salad topping. The salad I had the other day had fresh orange juice and evoo as a dressing. So easy--and good fats and fruit juice at the same time. This was kind of a stream of consciousness thing--hope it makes sense.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! :thanks:

Pamela

LOL love her!! She can creep all she wants.

Tell her DS16 says hey, and misses her. He wants to hang out!

It is too bad that you guys don't live closer together. :goodvibes

Booked a room for St. Patty's day weekend through priceline express. They're doing a sort of hotwire thing now where you can see amenities and area but don't know what you get until you book it. Had a 10% off code so the room total for 2 days with tax & fees was 150 and got the Shilo at the convention center. Not my first choice but it's free parking and close to the MAX so it'll work. I was willing to let it go but my husband had to mention the bagpipes...they have the most amazing pipers up there.

Glad that you found something that will work for you. :shamrock:

Evening friends! Here at the last " regular" swim meet of the high school season. There is still a "last chance" meet next week, for those hoping to make a States qualifying time, plus States and possibly Meet of Champs for DD, but otherwise her high school swim career is over (although she still has her club team). My, my...those 4 years absolutely flashed by!

Since our team doesn't have a "home pool" and we don't host meets, the girls didn't get a Senior Night...so I brought flowers for our two seniors (DD and a friend). It isn't the same as a big special night with their names announced and all, but I wanted to at least recognize them.

Finished 40 minutes on the TM today, despite a headache. I was pleased with myself for pushing through though.

Off to check on the swimming! .............P

It will be the end of an era for your DD when her HS swimming career is completed -- I can't wait to hear what she does next! :yay:

Hope you can squeeze some time in for yourself, Tracey! :flower3:

I've lost 21lbs this week without even trying... Of course the stomach flu was kicking my butt but hey met my goal for the month! Trying to look at the bright side.

Oh, your poor thing. :hug: pixiedust: for you that some of that loss sticks around and you are feeling better very soon!

In order to get my fruits and veggies in, I have to force myself to eat them for snacks. It is not that I do not like fruits and veggies, I love them. I think I am programmed to eat junk food and eating fruits and veggies all time is something I have to get used to. It is just so odd.

I ordered the "Biggest Loser" scale from WalMart. I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2 Hopefully NOW I will start to see some more weight loss.

I have not had a reg. soda in a few days!!!

I feel thinner and I have lost a few pounds, but then I break out that stupid tape measure and NO CHANGE!!! However I am going to start measuring in CMs, which will help with accuracy.

Happy Planning today WISHERs!!!:goodvibes

If it is driving you crazy to check so frequently maybe it is better to check once a week or two. :flower3: There are inevitably day to day fluctuations but if the trend is down you are good to go.

I was reading about a woman who was celebrating a 100 pound loss at her 100th Weight Watchers meeting. She said that on her journey she lost 53 weeks out of 100 and gained or maintained 47 out of 100 weeks --- so she was able to have this great loss by losing just a bit consistently over half the time! You can do it! :cheer2:

Which leads me to the QOTD Sunday, January 27, 2012: Take a look at your goals. Are they framed in positive terms? Do they create positive or negative feelings about this process? Can you revise any of your goals in a way to help you create positive momentum? :hippie:

I'm feeling pretty positive about my goals right now but that is because I'm in week 2 of my reboot with WW. I will have to remember this as time goes on and things don't go as I had hoped and I start to get frustrated. One of the hardest things for me right now is to not want to try everything but just take things one step at a time. :hippie:

I wish you all a healthy, happy Sunday with lots of time to relax and take care of you! :flower3:

Pic of dad

Trying to gather more pics but my hard drive is full! LOL

DSC_0282.jpg

Hi all!! :wave:

Sorry I have been MIA for about a week now, I was still lurking and reading, but just never had a good opportunity to post! Well DS's big day was great but I gave myself permission to have a free day :guilty: I did track everything and I had way too many calories and carbs :scared1: I spent the rest of this week making up for it! I had some very good workouts at the Y and was really on OP with my eating so I am proud of that. I maintained this week... probably due to the crazy bday extravaganza and TOM? Ah well, I still have 2 lbs to meet my goal for this challenge... maybe I will do it by the 31st! ::yes::

Anyway, I plan to really catch up later today... Have to go out of town for work and will be having a long lunch so I will post and reply on my iPad!

Happy Weekend,

Sad to say that I didn't get in any walking/jogging the last two days but I plan on doing it on Sunday and Monday . I got stuck at work later than scheduled yesterday and then had to get to DD8s school to help set up for an event last night. DD12 had her first middle school dance last night so I had to come home and help her get ready for that and then pick her up again at 9.

Today was a busy day. I had to work from 9-12 and then take my co-worker's daughter to a party, then take DSIL out for her belated b'day lunch. Then DD12 and I had to run some errands and then I had to pick up do-worker's daughter at the party and bring her back to my house. By then I had no energy to do anything!

Tomorrow I have church and a meeting until 1. DD8 has another cold and DD12 is just feeling blah so I will probably go by myself.

Monday I will be taking the girls to get their hair cut and do a few errands and then we'll pick up supper since Dh will be out!

Got some trip planning to do tomorrow. We didn't do anything tonight like we planned so we'll get it done tomorrow night hopefully. 2 Disney trips (well 3, actually)in the works and a trip to NC to see my parents in April.

Bring on February and hopefully I will get my focus back and some normalcy!

TTFN :tigger:

As usual you are busy, busy, busy! Enjoy your trip planning!

I've lost 21lbs this week without even trying... Of course the stomach flu was kicking my butt but hey met my goal for the month! Trying to look at the bright side.

:scared1: Really? Or is this a typo????

Good morning, very busy yesterday cleaning my house. My sister and BIL slept over Friday night to help us out and dh did a brake job on BILs "new" truck, (BIL did the heavy lifting of course) Today is vacuum and mop and maybe some carpet cleaning....I am getting my house back together!!!:yay:

It must feel so good! Nice of DH and BIL to swap jobs like that!

In order to get my fruits and veggies in, I have to force myself to eat them for snacks. It is not that I do not like fruits and veggies, I love them. I think I am programmed to eat junk food and eating fruits and veggies all time is something I have to get used to. It is just so odd.

THROW AWAY the junk food and fill your cupboards, pantry, fridge, and fruit bowl with healthy foods and you won't have any choice BUT to make the HEALTHY choice!!

I ordered the "Biggest Loser" scale from WalMart. I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2 Hopefully NOW I will start to see some more weight loss.

Food scale or person scale???

I have not had a reg. soda in a few days!!!

I feel thinner and I have lost a few pounds, but then I break out that stupid tape measure and NO CHANGE!!! However I am going to start measuring in CMs, which will help with accuracy.

Happy Planning today WISHERs!!!:goodvibes

The measurements will change eventually! Give your body a chance to regulate itself.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Which leads me to the QOTD Sunday, January 27, 2012: Take a look at your goals. Are they framed in positive terms? Do they create positive or negative feelings about this process? Can you revise any of your goals in a way to help you create positive momentum? :hippie:

BRB with replies. :flower3:

What a WONDERFUL article! I hope EVERYONE HERE takes a few minutes to REALLY READ this!!

Along with food tracking, this mentality of not saying a "forever NO" to anything has helped me be successful on this journey. I always tell myself that if there is something, anything that I am really craving, I can HAVE IT. But I plan for it, count it, journal it, etc. And usually by the time I am done thinking about it and planning for it, I don't usually want it as much! But if I DO still want it.... I HAVE IT!! Cake, cookies, ice cream, red meat, M&Ms, etc.

Over the past 5 years I have learned SO MUCH about health and nutrition that often all I have to do is think about what that "forbidden" food really contributes to my body and I NO LONGER WANT IT..... AT ALL! Fast food... ICK! White flour and sugar?? Not so much! The MENTAL FEELING of knowing what I am giving my body is GOOD FOR ME feels SO MUCH BETTER than the guilt of feeding myself poorly. That being said, there are still many unhealthy foods that I crave and will give into on occasion (movie popcorn anyone??)..... but those occasions are becoming rarer and rarer.

I started thinking more in terms of "I CAN eat it.... but do I WANT that in my body???" Will that CHOICE bring me what I want???

Five years ago I couldn't really imagine that someday I would give up all diet soda (although it has been creeping back in slowly.... time to kick it out again!), potato chips, take-out pizza, fast food burgers and fries, coffee creamer, egg yolks, and not even miss them! But that is the point that I am at. And I can assure you I don't crave these items at all!!!

I keep telling myself...."Sure I can have that _____________ (fill in the blank with your favorite guilty pleasure). Any food is permissible.... but is that going to get me where I want to be???"

Again, great article Lisa!!

Good question. I had heard that before about negative words. And even that your brain will take a statement such as "I can't fail this time" and hear I can fail this time. Which is why we should all be thinking--I will succeed. :)

I think I have been very negative in my own thinking about my goals this time. I am frustrated that I put enough pounds back on that I am going to need new clothes again in the spring if I don't lose at least a few pounds. I am frustrated that it is feeling really hard to me this time.

I have been trying to focus on the positive and not feel like a "failure" but it is a big internal struggle. I can list the positive, I just keep coming back to the negative...I will have to keep working on this.

Positive:
I am in a healthy bmi range--even if I stay at this weight.
I am meal planning and enjoying cooking at home again.
I have three goals--minimum (4 more pounds, very achievable), optimum (10 pounds--where I feel best), and an 18 pound goal--which I am not sure is reasonable, but it's still floating around as a possible goal.
I am running really well injury free, other than the occasional back flareup. I FEEL healthy. My goal I guess really is to get back to a weight where I can relax and enjoy my healthy lifestyle. (It was hard to avoid the negative words. Definitely need to think about this some more.)

Good question Lisa! Thanks! :)

Great job listing so many positives! I often have to do that to myself when I am having a "fat" day. I have to remind myself that I am SO MUCH healthier than I was 5 years ago and that 5 pounds one way or the other doesn't negate all of the positive changes I've made!

It will be the end of an era for your DD when her HS swimming career is completed -- I can't wait to hear what she does next! :yay:

The girls REALLY appreciated their impromptu unofficial Senior Night. DD's friend, who is a really quiet sedate girl, said she nearly cried! She posted a really nice thank you on FB for the flower and for thinking of them on their "senior night."

I was reading about a woman who was celebrating a 100 pound loss at her 100th Weight Watchers meeting. She said that on her journey she lost 53 weeks out of 100 and gained or maintained 47 out of 100 weeks --- so she was able to have this great loss by losing just a bit consistently over half the time! You can do it! :cheer2:

Great story!!!

I'm feeling pretty positive about my goals right now but that is because I'm in week 2 of my reboot with WW. I will have to remember this as time goes on and things don't go as I had hoped and I start to get frustrated. One of the hardest things for me right now is to not want to try everything but just take things one step at a time. :hippie:

I wish you all a healthy, happy Sunday with lots of time to relax and take care of you! :flower3:

Maybe you could make a goal to try one new thing a week for the next few months??? Maybe a new fruit or veg or a new WW recipe??

Pic of dad

Trying to gather more pics but my hard drive is full! LOL

Oh my goodness! That is absolutely super! So adorable! How wonderful for your Dad!!!

Where's the " like " button!

:rotfl2: I agree!!

Happy Sunday friends! Well....church did not happen today. DD and I got home just a few minutes before midnight last night. DS has a "date" with his girlfriend for a little birthday celebration at her house today, so we couldn't go to late service and early service was just too early today!

I made brunch today because we got up so late! Breakfast pizza for everyone plus a serving of fruit. My breakfast pizza was egg white, low fat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach on a toasted low carb tortilla and I think it was the best of the bunch! Kids were scrambled eggs, low fat cheese, and spinach on a honey whole wheat crust and DH's was scrambled eggs, spinach and pizza cheese on a low carb tortilla. I think that the sun-dried tomato made mine really super!

DH and DD shared the remaining strawberries, DS had a banana, and I had a grapefruit. I may make a bit of homemade applesauce to go with dinner.... gotta check the inventory of the fruit basket on the counter. Dinner is going to be a "clean out the freezer/fridge/pantry meal". I'll cook up the remaining salmon burgers for the men, veggie burgers for DD and I, roast up the remaining green beans, onions, and red peppers, sautee the remaining baby spinach with some garlic.

Off to do some web training! BBL to chat..................P

I missed this the first read through. I thought it said 2 pounds! Holy cow, I hope you are feeling better. :hug: I know I said this in a pm, but be really careful about dehydration. It can be so dangerous. :hug:

Howdy all!

This day just isn't going along as planned. DD decided that she MUST go to swim practice tonight, which I totally wasn't planning on. So dinner is "grab-and-go-whatever-you-can-find" for DH, DD and myself. And of course, I totally forgot that DS has dinner at robotics tonight. :rolleyes1 Guess my memory is a bit foggy these days!

I've had this strange ringing/humming in my right ear all day today and it is driving me a bit nuts. I am skipping the exercise tonight, as I feel a bit "woozy" and off balance and I'm afraid I'd fall right off the TM! :laughing:

I did get in about 90 minutes of my web training, so :yay: for that! Sadly it isn't supported by Ipad, so I can't do it on my Ipad while waiting for DD. :headache:

Tonight I will make a quick run into Costco for produce and then find an online book or something to keep me content while I wait for her to swim. I may even splurge and buy an iBook, since the wi-fi at this particular Y branch is very unreliable.

TTYL (if there is wi-fi!)........................P

The first post is updated. :)

Congrats to everyone who has met their monthly goal. :)

Congrats to Liz for maintaining all four weeks in January! That is awesome!

And congrats to everyone who is still here, pluggling along. No matter where you end up for the month (and I will be one of those people not making their goal this month) be proud of the fact that you are working on it and thinking about it. Changes do not happen over night. And weight loss is HARD! I am still hanging in there and I hope you are too! :)

Try to take some time between now and February 1st to celebrate your victories and to think about what you need to do different or the same in February to keep making progress toward your goal. :goodvibes

I just checked my first email of the year and I made my goal of 4 pounds as of this morning.:banana::banana::banana:

1 pound a week is where I have wanted to be on this journey.

[/QUOTE]
I opened my My Fitness Pal account back up. I. HATE. TRACKING. !!! It is such a pain in the you know where. But I haven't made any progress since the beginning of the month and since I also have the fitbit maybe they will help me to see where I am having problems.[/QUOTE]

What's your name on MFP? We could be friends!

pjlla said:
"I am not DEPRIVING myself.... I am EMPOWERING myself."

Empower YOURSELF to make the VERY BEST CHOICES YOU CAN TODAY.... both for your physical health and your mental health!! Yes, making healthy food and exercise choices are good for your MENTAL HEALTH!!

Have a HEALTHY DAY!! ...............................P

I LOVE this!

cgai729 said:
Hi, i started only this past Sunday, Jan. 20th, but I feel inspired and I think joining this wonderful group will help. I am following the Atkins plan. I like meat and veggies, so it works for me.
I am currently at my highest weight :(
we have a trip planned for Sept 9 - 12, 2013 staying at Old Key West with the military discount and looking forward to having a great time with 6 adults :)
:wave2:

:welcome:
Congrats on starting and joining in here! This is a great place to get support to he,p reach your goals! Such an exciting trip coming up, looking forward to hearing your plans!

Flossbolna said:
Oh, I know these days!!! I have started to develop a few strategies to deal with evenings like this, they don't always work for me, but at least I do feel less bad afterwards because I at least tried.

The first is: first thing when you get home, get a largish carrot out of the fridge, peel it and eat it. It isn't absolutely calorie free, but my theory is that the sugar in the carrot (after all it is slightly sweet) helps with the carb craving. I also get a large one and don't cut it up because then it is actually more work eating it. Munching on it prevents me from eating something else.

Second, also think how well you have been drinking during the day. I am usually someone who drinks a lot, 2 litres are never a challenge for me. But recently I figured out that my carb cravings are worse on days when I did not drink enough.

Third: It takes time until the carbs you ate are signalled to the brain. For me it takes about 30 minutes. Therefore when I start eating I set the kitchen timer on 30 minutes and I am not allowed back into the kitchen before the timer goes off. Mostly I am very disappointed when I finish eating that I did have such a small portion. But by the time the timer goes off, I realize that I am indeed full.

However, then there are days when none of this works. Then the only thing that helps is that if the evening went wrong, to just make sure that the next day goes better again.

Hope this helps a little! :goodvibes

Yes, I did!! :cool1: 5.5 km. I am still loving my new shoes - the make me want to go for a run every day... :lovestruc

Love all these tips!! Really great!

pix13dust said:
Ok, I have to share my yoga story with all of you. Last night I took my daughter to yoga, we usually go to the Weds and Sat. basic yoga class. We had bad driving conditions last night, icy roads, snowing, blowing snow, yuck! So we left 15 minutes earlier to accommodate for the extra travel time. Well, as soon as we hit the expressway it was bumper to bumper traffic ( never is like that but i guess people were still trying to get home from work) at that point, I thought " should we just go back home? " NO, we will continue on. About 5 minutes later I realized I forgot my purse and phone, damn! Those will come in handy for when I get stuck or get into an accident! " should we just go back home? " NO, we will continue on. We got to yoga 15 minutes early, NO parking spots available in the small plaza parking lot :( we circled and circled and circled and gave up. I drove over to the bank to park, it's farther than I want to walk in this cold but what can you do. I got stuck! Rocked the car back and forth for 10 minutes - finally free and found a better parking spot. Yoga starts in 2 minutes, I'm pissed now. " should we just go back home? " NO, we will continue on. I sucked in yoga last night, the only pose I truly rocked was the " lying flat on your back " pose. And then it happened, with 10 minutes left in class I farted so loud I think they heard it in the nail salon next door!! No warning! I don't know where it came from?? I finished the class with my towel across my face because I couldn't stop giggling like a 6TH grader :). The ride home was no better, my on ramp was closed for a 4 car accident. But when I got home I was all smiles because the old me would have used all those excuses to skip the workout, the new me just " got it done "
O. K. Some of the smiles were because I kept thinking about the " incident " in class :)

My quote of the day:

Yoga, a place to fart among friends.
-anonymous

OMG this was so funny!! I really did lol! And reminds me of one of my very good work friends, she says if you aren't farting, you aren't yogaing right!

pjlla said:
Happy Sunny Saturday! How many of you know EXACTLY what you were doing 15 years ago today?? I do! Fifteen years ago today I gave birth to my second child, my only son.... on the side of the road!!:eek: Yup.... didn't make it to the hospital. He was in some darn hurry to get here. Total labor... from the moment I realized I was having contractions to the moment he popped out was just barely 6.5 hours.

I was absolutely GOB-SMACKED that he was a BOY, as I was totally thinking I was having a second girl (no ultrasound, just intuition). You could have knocked me over with a feather when the paramedics said "it's a boy!" I was thrilled beyond belief. I was absolutely TICKLED PINK when my first child was a girl. And then blessed beyond measure to have a boy.

He was a "surprise" pregnancy and I must say that God absolutely KNEW what he was doing when he sent DS to us.

P

This made me tear up :) :cloud9:

So sorry for all the posts guys!! I could not for the life of me figure out how to multi-quote on my iPad!! If anyone knows, please share!

Ok I am all caught up and am going to include all QOTDs here...

Tues: Changes I've made... Well I think. Mostly it is counting carbs. i have always counted calories, made sure to drink lots of water, and tracked foods while trying to lose weight, and while these things are great, i just feel so much better on a low carb diet! As for weather... This past week it was beautiful, sunny and upper 70s! This weekend it is pleasantly rainy, 60s and cloudy :)

Wed: My successes and struggles... I have been successful in not giving up, even though the scale is not. Owing at a pace I am happy with. I think this is due to me trying to change my mindset, I am not aiming to lose weight by some deadline for some big event (besides the wedding which is now a year and a half off in the distance). I am losing weight because I want to be healthier in the long run! I guess that would be a positive for moving the wedding date back ::yes:: Struggles would include exercise. I have that I enjoy going to the Y! But I just need to get up earlier to get there before everyone else wakes up! Trying to fit it in just does not work with my job. My schedule changes everyday, sometimes several times a day! As a result I have not gone as much as I would like...

Thurs: Fav quote right now is a song, Try by Pink. "Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned, but just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try." I love this song to exercise to and find it so true... I have to push myself to be uncomfortable if I want change.

Fri: Do I get enough fats? Absolutely. I guess because I try to follow a modified Atkins (counting carbs and calories). I am still trying to figure if if I get too many fats...

Sat: 5 servings of fruit and veggies? Absolutely. Lunch and dinner everyday are usually both large salads with other veggies thrown in too. But I still want to incorporate more veggies into my kids' diets and also up my own to Pamela's recommended 10 servings :)

Sun: as for having positive goals... I think I need to spend time to actually write out goals, I ave always kept them in my head and they are very fluid that way... From " I want to lose 3 lbs jus week!" to "I want to get back down to my last weigh-in weight before my next weigh-in day!" :rotfl: I think actually writing out positively framed goals will be really beneficial to me!

Thanks, I am feeling much better. Today I ate soda crackers and had some sprite and so far so good. I know most of what I lost was fluid weight because my wedding ring that usually fits a little snug is so loose that it falls right off. I do have a few dehydration symptoms but I am doing what I can to keep fluids in. I see my oncologist tomorrow for my post cancer check up so wish me luck. Here's to hoping the weight stays off but I bet atleast half was water weight :(

Have you ever seen the Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs? Perfect size for a sandwich topping or to share a bit for tacos. Then you aren't stuck with a big container that will turn all brown and icky.

I'm definitely checking this out.

quotd: I read the article--this is right up my alley, thanks!

I just checked my first email of the year and I made my goal of 4 pounds as of this morning.:banana::banana::banana:

1 pound a week is where I have wanted to be on this journey.

:banana::banana::banana:

I haven't lost much weight so far but my pants are definitely fitting better.

I'm going to try harder to fit in fruits and veggies even if I have to sneak them in stuff like a little kid lol. I made oatmeal in the crockpot last night and added a whole can of pumpkin...it was pretty good really.;)

The first page is updated. Let me know if you see anything that needs corrected. :)

Congrats to everyone who has met their goal in January.:goodvibes There is lots and lots of color on the first post--which is awesome!

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Yesterday we talked a little bit about goals and how to set goals that will help you. Today let's talk about that mystical part of weightloss called motivation. (I know you will be shocked to hear it comes from a Weight Watchers book and not from sparkpeople.com ;) )

You have all the power you need to keep your motivation at a level that will help you reach your goals. People who are successful with weight loss don't have magical powers, they have simply discovered ways hang on when times get tough or the scale doesn't move.

3 Steps that Kick Motivation into Gear

1. Take action Think about it: you took an action, whether you knew it or not -- maybe you stopped tracking or didn't plan -- which made your motivation start to wane. To get it back up, you have to take another action.

2. That action can be very small. Just do the best you can to hold on by your fingernails to any tiny part of your plan that makes sense for you. If you are afraid you are on a downslide, can you at least drink all you water each day for a week? Do that for a week and next week figure out how to build on that success so you can regain your confidence, and your motivation.

3. The action doesn't have to be about following the rules. The action that puts your motivation back into drive does not always have to be a step in the direction of doing what you think you "should" do. In fact, it might be the exact opposite.
Some counterintuitive things that might help you regain your motivations are:
--Allow yourself to have an off plan dinner but at the same time
you have to carefully choose an on-plan breakfast the next day
(in other words, you get right back on plan -- how often do
we say this? Lisa
)
--Imagine what would happen if you quit. Tell yourself you can quit,
but first you have to tell yourself how your life will be better if
you gave up on your health goals. Most people are not going to
be able to answer that question.
--Read some success stories so you believe that you too can succeed.

Weight Watchers Success Handbook (2012) by Elizabeth Josefberg

ayearfromnow.jpg

Which brings me to the QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

Be back in a few with replies and my own answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter