• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

I wasn't expecting a 5K Bib as low as what my husband & I have - both my husband & I are between 275 and 300.

Thanks Opusone. Hope to beat that soon (but probably not at Wine & Dine, with all the eating and drinking during the week leading up to it).

Also #454 for the 5K, which I'm running with DD(8). She's #391.

That's strange to me too. We have a friend who submitted a 2:45 half from Princess and she's in the 12,4XX range which seemed really high to me for that PoT.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right at all. I'm 12,0xx and I submitted a 3:36 from Tink 2014, lol. Hopefully it can be corrected at this point.

Husband is in D, I'm in H ... and it looks like I'm in A again for the 5k.

Really looking forward to my first night half marathon - I've only run a night race once before and it was a 5K, but I really enjoyed it.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do between the 5K and Half!

I truly enjoy the fact that whether someone is a corral A runner or a back of the packer, there is a place for everyone here--and everyone is welcome and treated with respect. So very unlike the folks in real life running groups around me. Props for good people and the power of the net!!

This is so true! (Well, I have no "real life running group" to compare but I'll take your word for it). I love this place. Running is such an individually competitive sport and yet so supportive (at least runDisney).

I'm SO excited the program is up. Now to go study it... I've read 95% of the same thing for the last 3 years, but it's so fun to think we are getting closer. From first glance though I see they made a few changes to the staging area. I think.

I'm 4382 and in Corral F again, which is pretty much where I was last time and I didn't have a big time improvement in my PoT or anything. I like it there - suits my pace as long as I don't get out of control with adrenaline. It does seem like the corrals shifted a little to more runners with later estimated finish times. Perhaps a lot of first timers with no proof of times like me 4 years ago! :) (Got a special place in my heart for those first timers - what an experience!)

Really looking forward to my first night half marathon - I've only run a night race once before and it was a 5K, but I really enjoyed it.

SLEEP!

The night marathon is so fun! I admit it is challenging to deal with the difference in fueling and energy conservation throughout the day BUT - there's something electric about running at midnight through the parks. It's such a fun party atmosphere.

SLEEP!

The night marathon is so fun! I admit it is challenging to deal with the difference in fueling and energy conservation throughout the day BUT - there's something electric about running at midnight through the parks. It's such a fun party atmosphere.

Well, I like to party, so ... :D

Looks like I'll be in h. I'll be dressed as Jose from the 3 caballeros. I'm still torn on trying to get a good time or stopping for characters. Guess it will be a game time decision depending on the characters.

I'm also torn on my training plan. Did 9 miles yesterday. Next weekend is speed work then the weekend after is 11 miles. Not sure if I want to go that high. FYI getting a blister under your toenail= worst thing ever.

Are there any issues if you drop down a corral? One of my sisters barely missed making corral I and would like us all to run in j.

Thanks!

Are there any issues if you drop down a corral? One of my sisters barely missed making corral I and would like us all to run in j.

Thanks!

Nope.

That's what many of us do ...

We seem to never end up in the same corral ... By about 10-20 bibs ... It's amazing ... She always scoots back to me ;)

Brian

Thanks!

Anyone can move back. But you cannot move up.

So yes, you can run in J with an I bib (or an A bib if you wanted to). You cannot run in I with a J bib.

In 2013, I ended up going to the Friday night MVMCP and staying up through the night and going straight to the 5K (after a shower and costume change of course) and had a blast. No grogginess. Then I had my traditional post Jingle Jungle breakfast at Captain Cook's (a la carte Tonga Toast). Found my way back to the hotel room, plunked down and slept until it was time to get up for dinner and then dressed for the race. I was fully recharged and energized for the half and after party and was one of the last people out of Epcot--I was in Italy when they cut the party music and turned on the lights. I don't think I would recommend that schedule if you have friends/family that aren't also planning on the race and after party though.

I'm going to be partying solo this year. We decided that SO would stay home with our doggy. Kinda looking forward to just doing some stuff by myself without having to worry about him, but it will be weird to do stuff all alone. :) He's not a runner, so I'm free now to get to the expo early and poke around as long as I like. I'm also a naturally earlier riser than him, so I can get out and do whatever I want earlier in the morning. :)

My parents will be there Thursday evening until Sunday mid-day, though, so I won't be completely alone, but they're not going to the after party. Trying to decide what to do about our hotel reservations. On the one hand it seems silly to keep 2 reservations (I'm at POFQ and they are at AS), but on the other hand, with them not going to the party, I'll be arriving back at the room late while they're sleeping. Plus I booked through Orbitz, so I'm dreading a fiasco trying to change the occupants of the room since I don't think I can do that through Disney.

I think the weirdest thing will be dining alone. Can you make a reservation for one? :o I'll meet up probably with my folks for late breakfast or lunch on Sunday, then I'll be on my own. I'm going to MVMCP, and then I think I'll spend Monday at Animal Kingdom. I'm free to watch the tigers and gorillas and ride the safari as many times as I want. :D My flight home is @ 8:30 PM on Monday night, so I don't need to catch the bus to the airport until later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter