Wine and Dine 2015

I'm 2639 and DBF is 5668. Now I just need to decide if I want to drop back and run with her or run my own race and catch up with her after.

I'm 1756 and my bf is 6857. I was debating this also... I do plan on stopping for some character pics and he does not so maybe he will catch up to me... lol

I'm 1756 and my bf is 6857. I was debating this also... I do plan on stopping for some character pics and he does not so maybe he will catch up to me... lol

If you are that far up and he is mid pack I wouldn't drop back. That is a huge difference especially if you want to stop for photos.

I have lucky number 14,814. Yes, you read that right - 14,814. I did not get a PoT in, so there I will be - fourteen thousand deep in the pack. Its just me running the 1/2, by myself with no hwere to go but up! Should be lots of bobbing and weaving... and ultimately the race of a lifetime! My very first 1/2 marathon and very first Disney event! DS16 and I will be running the JJ5Kin the AM so I will get my feet wet with that experience! I am super excited and am looking forward to the W&D1/2 and hopefully future RunDIsney races!

Advice needed - I see some of you are in the 12.5, or higher long run range for this weekend. Is that just for half training or are you training for a marathon too?
Training for the Jan full here - I'm up to 15 so far. I've never done more than 10-12 for a half, and that 12 was accidental: I was only aiming for 11 but miscalculated how far I was from home and walked the extra mile, lol!

When are you all starting your tapers? Seems like most of you only have one long run left.
I do a two-week taper for halfs, normally. Longest pre-race run 2 weeks out, keep my usual mileage but up the intensity the week following, cut back to a long run of around 5 miles the week before the race, and cut back on mileage and intensity the 5 days leading up to the half. It'll really only be a one week "taper" this time since I'm training for the Jan full and counting W&D as a training run.

Since coming back from this icky infection my lungs have just not felt at 100%. I now get an ache in my chest while running and cough a lot after I finish my run. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I still have my inhaler, should I use that?
Talk to your doc about the possibility of exercise-induced asthma (which isn't technically "asthma" at all, but feels quite similar. Google it up!) I've had pneumonia twice and bronchitis many times: my lungs are permanently compromised from that, in addition to already having exercise-induced asthma. I always use an albuterol inhaler before running and bring it with me for long runs, as if the air is dry and/or cool, I often need another puff after about 2 hours.

DH and I look like we will be in F based on last year. I'm pretty please with that.

i'm bummed. i'm in 13,3XX range with a submitted time of 2:54 from Jan WDW half :(

That's strange to me too. We have a friend who submitted a 2:45 half from Princess and she's in the 12,4XX range which seemed really high to me for that PoT.

I truly enjoy the fact that whether someone is a corral A runner or a back of the packer, there is a place for everyone here--and everyone is welcome and treated with respect. So very unlike the folks in real life running groups around me. Props for good people and the power of the net!!

I truly enjoy the fact that whether someone is a corral A runner or a back of the packer, there is a place for everyone here--and everyone is welcome and treated with respect. So very unlike the folks in real life running groups around me. Props for good people and the power of the net!!

It is a good forum with good insight and information. Proof in point:

2013 W&D - Finish time 3:32
2014 W&D - Finish time 3:01
Yesterday half - Finish time 2:31 (Still mildly upset I didn't get under 2:30)
2015 W&D - TBD

I'm #4618, so it looks like I'll be in corral G. Hubby is all the way up in corral C, and he's actually trying for a good time, so I guess he'll be finished way before me.

Event guide, waivers and corrals are up!
Wow the corrals look a lot more lopsided than last year in the back end. I am definitely in H, but last year that one was < 2:45 and this year it's < 3:15!

Plus that is quite a jump between G being < 2:49 and now H is < 3:15. I guess the corral is not any larger though. :confused3

Yay corral H! I'm very very happy. If they do 5 minutes between each corral I'll have 20 extra minutes before the balloon ladies even start.

Base on the responses and I'm in H based on last year too, so does mean we can have a large DIS Board meet up right in Corral H?

I vote yes :) I'm going to be wearing a Vanellope running costume so feel free to say hi if you see me. For the 5k, my husband is going to be dressed up as Dr. Doofenshmirtz and I'm going to be Perry the Platypus.

Wow the corrals look a lot more lopsided than last year in the back end. I am definitely in H, but last year that one was < 2:45 and this year it's < 3:15!

Plus that is quite a jump between G being < 2:49 and now H is < 3:15. I guess the corral is not any larger though. :confused3

I thought this as well. I was surprised by those numbers, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as there are the same number of people in the corral. I assume the difference is just based on the different distribution in the POT's they got this year.

(Never mind, I found the guide.) http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/2015_WnD_Program.pdf In case anyone else needs it.

Does anyone know how many people are generally in the 5k and how the bib numbers translate to corrals there? There are 4 of us doing the 5k with bib numbers ranging from 2711-2920. I just don't know what that really means. I assume that at the most there would be a 1 corral difference from the first and the last in that range?

Thanks!

Where do you see the changes? Are this years corral times posted somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter