Wine and Dine 2015

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured the answer would be. So by the RunDisney merchandise store, I assume that means where they sell like the sweatshirts, I Did It shirts, etc. If so, then being able to use part of a gift card there would be wonderful!
Yes, that's where they sell those things. You also get 10% off there for having the card. :)

Thanks bigtony! That helps in our planning. Still wish they had the chEAR squad for this one - the inlaws liked the bleachers and getting the chear shirts. I'll just tell them to pack their shirts from last time and use them again!

Right now, we arrive Thursday at 2pm and our flight would leave early Tuesday morning. However, I am considering changing plans to arrive instead on Friday at 2pm, and then leave Wedneday morning so I can see Hanson on Tuesday night :)

My only concern is that if we do not get to the expo until 4 or 4:30, will all the merchandise be gone? I have a PHM dooney I just got this year so not looking for those (if they even did any). And I dont do pins or headbands or anything. I would likely buy a jacket and a drink tumbler (I prefer the expo versions to the preorder usually since those are all the same style jacket and I have a couple already). Any thoughts on if I would be out of luck?

My only experience so far was with Tinker Bell, and apparently all the stuff like jackets and glassware were gone on Thursday, but I don't know how early in the day. We went around 1pm on Friday through the merchandise area and there were t-shirts, hoodies, pins, and necklaces, but no jackets or wineglasses or anything like that.

We won't be getting to the Expo until Friday afternoon either. I just don't have enough vacation time to come a day earlier. Hopefully we can get some "I did it" t-shirts and W&D hoodies. :)

We won't be going to the Expo till sometime on Friday either. Probably midday. For PHM, I had a friend who got in earlier than me pick up a jacket and I Did It shirt. I might have a friend getting in the day before me again. We'll see.

I'm concerned about merchandise as well. As of right now, I'm scheduled to arrive late Thursday night (or technically really early Friday morning) and leave Monday afternoon. Although I may only be able to get 1 day off work, so if that's the case, I'll have to decide between whether I want to keep Friday so I can go to the expo the first day, and then have to leave right away on Sunday after the race, or arrive really late Friday night after work and be able to stay all day Sunday and into Monday, but then not be able to go to the expo until Saturday and not be able to get any merchandise. It's a tough dilemma if it comes to that, because I won't be able to choose!! I want to be able to go to the expo when it opens Friday, but also don't want to have to rush out after the race.

This will be the first time that I am on site to be at the expo when it opens, so I am hoping to finally get some merch (have previously been met with empty shelves!).

Haven't checked in again in forever, but now that we're back from our Staf Wars trip it is time to buckle down and focus on W&D!

We finally got our medals from our 10K we did in April for POT. I was pretty undertrained but still got a minute PR and it was 10 minutes faster than my Enchanted 10K time so at least oki have a better POt to submit even if I didn't shave off as much as I'd hoped.

After air of back and forth my dad isn't coming to watch the kids (super long story) so we've had to rearrange plans. We've booked two rooms at AS Movies and had the military discount applied today. Had hoped maybe we could get a 2 bdrm at SSR but without the military discount that's out of reach. (No availability with discount.)

Rearranged dining reservations to a couple more kid friendly places. Going to do Hoop de Doo review for the first time so that should hopefully be fun for everyone.

Tried out my firish sparkle skirt and am loving it! Might have to incorporate one into my costume. So comfy and convenient!

Besides W&D training just waiting for AP registration for Princess to kick off!

Thought I'd share my recent experience with the military discount after reading this. Now I LOVE getting that discount, but sometimes the Disney reservations people can be rather frustrating. I went ahead and booked CBR about two months ago without the discount because I was told I could apply it when the rate came out. I know it's based on availability at the resort because I've done this many times before; however, I thought this might be an exception and they would let me apply it. Big fat no. I called twice and talked to two different cast members and was entirely irritated with Disney by the end of the second call. I regrouped and instead decided to call RunDisney. They were able to take my original reservation and change it to book under their system (using their discount) and I just had to cancel my original reservation through WDW and link the one through RunDisney to MDE. I don't know how much the military discount would have been, but I know the RunDisney one was very comparable. If you are wanting SSR, you might see if you can go through them!

What if you cancel?
I am registered for the half. Will they let me cancel and have a slot in one of the other events that same weekend, 5k or a kid race? My daughter is going with me. She's too young to hang out and wait on me to run the half. And it looks like no adult can take off to go with me. When I booked the plan was to take her and my sister. Plans change.

What if you cancel?
I am registered for the half. Will they let me cancel and have a slot in one of the other events that same weekend, 5k or a kid race? My daughter is going with me. She's too young to hang out and wait on me to run the half. And it looks like no adult can take off to go with me. When I booked the plan was to take her and my sister. Plans change.

No, I don't think you could do that because all of the events are sold out. I think you can defer your registration to a different half next year, though, but I don't know what the process is to do that.

No, I don't think you could do that because all of the events are sold out. I think you can defer your registration to a different half next year, though, but I don't know what the process is to do that.
I'm pretty sure you can only defer to the same race--so if she defers this years W&D, she would only be able to defer it to W&D 2016. The exception, I think, is if they no longer offer that race. For example, my son was registered for TOT 2014, but had to defer. After the 2014 ToT they announced there would not be a 2015 TOT, so they allowed him to choose another race to use his deferral on (he chose W&D 2015.) If there was a ToT 2015, he would not have had the choice.

I was afraid it would not be so simple to cancel or get in another race.
Is there a chance they would give me a kid race spot if someone has canceled?

I was afraid it would not be so simple to cancel or get in another race.
Is there a chance they would give me a kid race spot if someone has canceled?
Unfortunately no. There are no refunds/cancellations on any registrations that someone could have done that - the closest is the previous mention of deferrals, but that's only for halfs.

Thought I'd share my recent experience with the military discount after reading this. Now I LOVE getting that discount, but sometimes the Disney reservations people can be rather frustrating. I went ahead and booked CBR about two months ago without the discount because I was told I could apply it when the rate came out. I know it's based on availability at the resort because I've done this many times before; however, I thought this might be an exception and they would let me apply it. Big fat no. I called twice and talked to two different cast members and was entirely irritated with Disney by the end of the second call. I regrouped and instead decided to call RunDisney. They were able to take my original reservation and change it to book under their system (using their discount) and I just had to cancel my original reservation through WDW and link the one through RunDisney to MDE. I don't know how much the military discount would have been, but I know the RunDisney one was very comparable. If you are wanting SSR, you might see if you can go through them!

Thanks, I might call and check on Monday out of curiosity. I'm not normally a fan of the Values because double beds drive me nuts. (My family all sleep like little tornadoes!) I liked the idea of all being in one room, but not being in one room of SSR. So it's always worth a shot. The two rooms at a value are so affordable though so I can't really argue with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter