Wine and Dine 2015

I called it a day at 27 min (2.2 miles). :) I forgot to wear my Halo headband (sweat headband with a rubber strip to help keep sweat from running into your eyes) and it was super humid today. I was approaching home (had about .25 to go), an uphill stretch with no shade, and I was already half blind because I had so much sweat in my eyes that I had to keep closing them.

Day 1 was in the books for me yesterday as well. It was surprisingly pleasant at 5:30am when I left for my run. So much better than my runs last week were. Such a nice treat for FL weather and a great way to start W&D training!

Today I am getting a new Sparkle Skirt I ordered and tomorrow some Hippie Runner bands! Wish they'd be here today so I could wear one for tomorrows run, but can't wait to try them out!

Out of curiosity how bad are lines for characters? I am somewhat running for time as its my first 1/2, but I would love to get a couple pictures (especially Darth Vader if he is out).

For the 1/2 at marathon weekend a few years ago, and ToT in 2013, I was able to take lots of pictures because I was in an early corral. For my first marathon in January, I was in a middle corral and the lines were just too long for me. It was probably also because there are more people running the marathon. So, the earlier the corral the better I think. The higher corral runners are mostly there for a good race time so the lines are shorter. And the less popular the character, the shorter the line.

Out of curiosity how bad are lines for characters? I am somewhat running for time as its my first 1/2, but I would love to get a couple pictures (especially Darth Vader if he is out).
Longest line I have ever waited in for a character at a Disney race was 7-8 minutes (and that was Royal Mickey & Minnie during the marathon). The lives move quickly because there are no autograph books, everyone else wants to get their picture taken and head back to the course, and there are often 2 CMs manning the cameras (CM1 taking the current picture while CM2 gets the next camera ready, and then they switch).

I called it a day at 27 min (2.2 miles). :) I forgot to wear my Halo headband (sweat headband with a rubber strip to help keep sweat from running into your eyes) and it was super humid today. I was approaching home (had about .25 to go), an uphill stretch with no shade, and I was already half blind because I had so much sweat in my eyes that I had to keep closing them.

It was a struggle for me yesterday too. I knew it was going to be hot, so I decided to get up early and get my run in first thing. Got out of bed at 6:30 and it was already 73 and 92% humidity! So, I went back to bed and figured I'd just hit the gym after work. Well, when I finally got on the treadmill at the gym at 7pm the wall thermostat said 76 degrees. I got 4 miles in, but man was it rough. I can't believe I ran a half just 3 weeks ago...feels like I'm starting from scratch!

Today was a rough day here too. Almost a minute slower than my usual pace over 4 miles. I get a little grumpy during those runs, but I'm still glad I did them afterward.

Today was a rough day here too. Almost a minute slower than my usual pace over 4 miles. I get a little grumpy during those runs, but I'm still glad I did them afterward.

Yeah, you are basically having the same weather we're getting here in NY. And from what I can see in the forecast it's going to be like this through next week. I actually don't mind the heat, but I don't enjoy feeling like I'm trying to breath underwater. Don't know what I'm going to do for Sunday's "long run". Get up early and suffer through I suppose.

Everyone please keep a good thought for me on Saturday night! I have my PoT 10K that I don't really feel ready for, but am doing anyway. It will probably be about 80 degrees at the start a 7pm. :scared: Me + Heat = :sick: But I'm going to try my best!!!

For the 1/2 at marathon weekend a few years ago, and ToT in 2013, I was able to take lots of pictures because I was in an early corral. For my first marathon in January, I was in a middle corral and the lines were just too long for me. It was probably also because there are more people running the marathon. So, the earlier the corral the better I think. The higher corral runners are mostly there for a good race time so the lines are shorter. And the less popular the character, the shorter the line.
I have an expected finish of 2:10 with my 10 miler POT from last year. I am at a much better pace now, but that race falls after the deadline and I have just been too busy to do another race to get one in. I found a 10k about 20 miles from where I am camping at the end of the month, but it is also a family reunion camping weekend, so I don't want to take the time out to do that. I figure I will just go with it and try to break ahead of the rest of whatever corral I am in and hope for the best.

Didn't see it posted anywhere, but Raw Threads is having their shelf sale going on right now. Lots of good deals! :love:

Day 2 done! Yay. And I planned out how I need to rearrange my schedule for our cruise coming up. I think I only miss one 30 min workout.

Does anyone use the Garmin Forerunner 10 watch? I can get one at a decent price ($31) so just wondered how people who have used them like them?

That's what I have! It's pretty basic, but I wanted to make sure I'd use it before I spent big $$ on a fancier one!

I don't really use it for intervals much - but just know that it doesn't vibrate, just beeps for intervals. It doesn't have an activity tracker either. BUT, I do use the virtual pacer function quite a bit. And the alarm is nice, too.

The battery doesn't last super long - I have to charge it every 3-4 runs I do, but on a fresh battery it easily made it through a half marathon.

Day 2 done! Even though it wasn't hot or humid here today, it was sunny and bright, which can be tough on me sometimes as well. I am going to hopefully start doing morning runs next week, so I can get out before the sun gets too high.

Question about the Galloway plan: When it says to do 30 minutes, should I include my 5 minute warm-up, or is it a better idea to do 30 minutes of my actual intervals? My 2 so far have been 38 and 35 minutes, so 33 and 30 if I take out the warm-up.

I also purchased a Garmin GPS watch (the Forerunner 15) online today as a little treat/motivation to myself. I'm excited for it to come so I can try it out! I went with the 15 because I see that it has the activity tracker. I don't know if I'll wear it constantly outside of runs, but it will be nice to have. :)

Question about the Galloway plan: When it says to do 30 minutes, should I include my 5 minute warm-up, or is it a better idea to do 30 minutes of my actual intervals? My 2 so far have been 38 and 35 minutes, so 33 and 30 if I take out the warm-up.

I also purchased a Garmin GPS watch (the Forerunner 15) online today as a little treat/motivation to myself. I'm excited for it to come so I can try it out! I went with the 15 because I see that it has the activity tracker. I don't know if I'll wear it constantly outside of runs, but it will be nice to have. :)

I usually don't include a warm-up or cooldown into the time. Not saying that's what you're "supposed" to do, but that's my rule.

Jealous on the Garmin! I really want one. Thinking I might pull the trigger soon so I can have it once the distances get really long.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 15 and like it. It doesn't vibrate, but it gets the job done! I honestly couldn't do intervals without it!

I did day 2 as well today. I normally start out running and stop the watch at 30 minutes or whatever the mile marker is and then do my cool down. Today was pretty humid. Other than that a decent run. I'm still slower than I was a few months ago so hopefully my pace will pick back up now that I'm back to regular training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter