Wine and Dine 2015

Thanks! I figure it's the same as the 2014 one just shifted a day but glad they put them up finally so I don't have to keep mentally changing the dates. :D

I got a notification yesterday from RunKeeper that you can now connect RunKeeper to MyNB (the New Balance loyalty program), so I figured what the heck, why not.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting about it here is that one of the rewards that you can buy with points is bibs to runDisney races. Right now they have the Disneyland half, W&D, and Avengers listed. I have 800 points so far just from connecting it to RunKeeper (300) and completing my profile (500). I don't know how many points you get yet for actually doing runs (or I assume you also get it from buying shoes or apparel). I just did my first run this morning but it doesn't seem to have sync'd up yet. :)

But if anyone out there is still trying to find a bib for W&D, this is apparently another way to get one.

Thanks! I figure it's the same as the 2014 one just shifted a day but glad they put them up finally so I don't have to keep mentally changing the dates. :D

The Time Improvement one is actually a little different. The 2014 plan started with slightly higher distances on Saturdays. The 2015 plan smooths it out a little, starting with a 3-miler on the first Saturday. Don't have them side by side to say exactly what is different, but I noticed some tweaks.

Finally working on a few trip details for our Wine & Dine weekend. I'm trying tofigure out our tickets to sync with MDE. Do runners still get a discount? There was an event code on our confirmation emaiils when we ran two years ago and the TOT weekend last year. No code on our email this year. I called RunDisney earlier today but could not reach them. Also toying with getting an AP because we will be down again in January for marathon weekend but we would need to do a third trip to justify it. Still working on selling that idea to DH.:)

There was a code in the Active.com confirmation email near the bottom labeled "Password for Theme Park Tickets".

The Time Improvement one is actually a little different. The 2014 plan started with slightly higher distances on Saturdays. The 2015 plan smooths it out a little, starting with a 3-miler on the first Saturday. Don't have them side by side to say exactly what is different, but I noticed some tweaks.
Yeah, I just compared the "finish upright" one and they are a bit different, too.

Ugh, this is annoying. Everything is all out of sync with every race that I have the rest of the summer/fall.
  • 7/26 - 5K race - Plan has 5 miles that day. I could do an extra 1.9 after the race.
  • 8/20 (a Thursday) - 10K race - Plan has 8 miles on that Saturday two days later. I could swap Thursday and Saturday runs and just do a little extra on the Saturday one to make up some weekly mileage.
  • 9/12 - 8K race - Plan has 9.5 miles that day. Doing an extra 4.5 after the race would be harder, it's an evening race (5pm start) in an unfamiliar area. Looks like sunset is at 7:11pm that day, so I could do some extra if not the full 4.5, I guess.
  • 10/11 (a Sunday) - 5K race - Plan has 12.5 for Saturday. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
  • 10/24 - 5K race - Plan has 14 that day. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
My other option would be to just shift everything up a week and wing it for one of the weeks in between the 14 and the race day. I don't want to taper again for 3 weeks like the beginner Tink plan did. I felt like that was too long... although I also skipped a lot of the weekday runs during the taper due to dealing with health issues with our dog, so that probably also contributed to it feeling too long.

I think I'm liking the idea of shifting things rather than trying to plan all these extra distances in less familiar areas to tack onto the end of the races, especially the really long ones. I am really really slow and I like to get those long runs started super early so they don't take half the day, and I can plan them around convenience stores to refill my water bottle (although I'm considering getting a hydration backpack for the summer).

Getting caught up. I hate when I miss one notification email then lose track.

Uber is also an option instead of a taxi. They're so much more convenient and usually nicer than a typical taxi.

When I was at WDW for PHM weekend, we used Uber a couple of times. No problems at WWOS but a little weird when being dropped off/picked up at the park. Driver asked that one of us sit up front to look like he was "dropping off friends." Disney isn't keen on Uber I think bc I guess they contract with Mears Taxis.

Ugh. So - is anyone planning to do both MNSSHP AND MVMCP? The announcement of the new Halloween party stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters from "Hocus Pocus" makes me want to go to both. :(

OMG, I LOVE Hocus Pocus. Sad we won't be there early enough to catch it though. Will be at MVMCP on Sunday after race.

Hooray - password issue resolved! Thank you @Keels!

Now, can we talk about how I am arriving the day after Boys II Men and leaving the morning Hanson plays??

SOO bummed about this. I literally had every wall in my room covered with Hanson when I was 13.

Trying to decide if I want to pay the money to go to MVMCP on the Sunday after the race. I hate paying for the extra tickets on top of the regular tickets plus the party ticket for SO. I guess it's the first night? Is it going to be crazy because it's the first night? I was bummed to discover that it was starting that night... I was hoping to see the parade and fireworks at MK that night since the race would be done. Now we need to either go the night we arrive or on Friday night. I guess since the race is late, I don't really need to get to bed super early on Friday night.

Trying to decide if I want to pay the money to go to MVMCP on the Sunday after the race. I hate paying for the extra tickets on top of the regular tickets plus the party ticket for SO. I guess it's the first night? Is it going to be crazy because it's the first night? I was bummed to discover that it was starting that night... I was hoping to see the parade and fireworks at MK that night since the race would be done. Now we need to either go the night we arrive or on Friday night. I guess since the race is late, I don't really need to get to bed super early on Friday night.

Yeah we bought tickets for the Sunday..... Looking forward to the lie in on Sunday then the party!!!

Does anyone know roughly what Corral at 51min 10k will get placed in. Lat year i submitted 1:05 and was in G

I guess we could get one day less on our park hopper tickets and just sleep in, go to DD, etc and then to the party on Sunday. Was going to get 5 day tickets because we are arriving midday on Thursday and leaving in the evening on Monday.

I guess we could get one day less on our park hopper tickets and just sleep in, go to DD, etc and then to the party on Sunday. Was going to get 5 day tickets because we are arriving midday on Thursday and leaving in the evening on Monday.

Thats what we have decided to do ...I have an AP but Dh is just going to get a day less as we will stay til 4am for the after party...we plan a lie in then lunch at Sanaa before heading to the party at MK ...it balances out the cost!

Yeah, I just compared the "finish upright" one and they are a bit different, too.

Ugh, this is annoying. Everything is all out of sync with every race that I have the rest of the summer/fall.
  • 7/26 - 5K race - Plan has 5 miles that day. I could do an extra 1.9 after the race.
  • 8/20 (a Thursday) - 10K race - Plan has 8 miles on that Saturday two days later. I could swap Thursday and Saturday runs and just do a little extra on the Saturday one to make up some weekly mileage.
  • 9/12 - 8K race - Plan has 9.5 miles that day. Doing an extra 4.5 after the race would be harder, it's an evening race (5pm start) in an unfamiliar area. Looks like sunset is at 7:11pm that day, so I could do some extra if not the full 4.5, I guess.
  • 10/11 (a Sunday) - 5K race - Plan has 12.5 for Saturday. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
  • 10/24 - 5K race - Plan has 14 that day. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
My other option would be to just shift everything up a week and wing it for one of the weeks in between the 14 and the race day. I don't want to taper again for 3 weeks like the beginner Tink plan did. I felt like that was too long... although I also skipped a lot of the weekday runs during the taper due to dealing with health issues with our dog, so that probably also contributed to it feeling too long.

I think I'm liking the idea of shifting things rather than trying to plan all these extra distances in less familiar areas to tack onto the end of the races, especially the really long ones. I am really really slow and I like to get those long runs started super early so they don't take half the day, and I can plan them around convenience stores to refill my water bottle (although I'm considering getting a hydration backpack for the summer).

Last year I had minor surgery right in the middle of my race training. I skipped two weeks of running. I ran the shortest distance my first Saturday out after the break and the longer distance that was next scheduled (basically skipping one short and one long run). I did fine.

Yeah... I'm going to start with Week 2 of the plan and then just wing it the extra week that will create between the last long run and race day. I'll be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter