Why purchase BCV over BWV?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mommyarewegoingback, Nov 21, 2012.

1. rusafee1183

rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

I'm also having a tough time deciding between the two. They're both amazing!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

Authentic sand? as opposed to the synthetic sand at which other resort?

4. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

At the time we purchased, there was a $20 difference in price between BWV and BCV. Given that I had great feelings about both resorts, that was enough to break the tie for me. Now that BCV prices have ticked down a bit, I might look at buying there as well....but my last attempt was taken by ROFR.

5. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

There are several factors. Partly (and only partly) it's due to personal preference related to SAB and that it's closer to EPCOT. The other factors include that BWV is a larger resort with more contracts available and the members paid a lower price. I'd venture that the 2 factors are roughly equal or that each accounts for about half the cost difference. BWV has the standard view and BW view options which are a plus for some. Long term expect BCV to decrease slightly faster than BWV but there will likely be some differences in price going forward.

6. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

Having stayed at both, they are much more alike than different. The importance of the differences is in the eye of the beholder.

For example, I know some people rave about Stormalong Bay, but I found it "anticipointing". It was a really big pool, with a couple of interesting touches, but not something I would plan my vacation around. Other people swear by it, and would consider their vacation ruined if they could not swim there.

7. Caren90

Caren90 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both resorts and prefer the activity of the Boardwalk view rooms, especially at night. If your view is high enough and closer to the Jellyrolls end of the building, you can see the fireworks at both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom all while sipping a glass of wine on your balcony.

Stephen

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

From my point of view, having stayed at both, I find them to be very different. Not much alike at all. Probably the only similarity is the room set up and even that is different (but not so different as BLT or AKV or OKW).

9. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

While there are some differences, and those are important for some people, to me they are far more alike than different. They do have a different feel but both are close to EPCOT & DHS, both give you access to the activities and restaurants around the lake, the units are similar overall. Now if some of those differences are major for a given family, they could have a major preference for one over other (SAB, SV cost, 2 Q bed, etc). But looked at objectively, they are far more similar than different.

10. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We own at both, and save our BCV points for warm/hot weather vacations. I love to swim in SAB. BWV's lobby is beautiful, especially at Christmas.

11. Mickey'sApprentice

Mickey'sApprentice Shamelessly demand, it works bette

We prefer BWV for a variety of reasons.

As for decor, the two resorts are both extremely pretty. The BWV is a louder elegance (think glam or gawdy). I don't mean that in a bad sort of way. Its just the best way to describe it. I like it and feel that the over the top elegance adds energy. For me, Boardwalk fits my personality. For my ultra conservative (not talking politics) sister, Beach Club is the way to go. She understands that the understated elegance is much more elegant. She's probably right...but I have more fun!

As for park access, Beach Club is closer...but...if you don't get around very well...BWV is a better deal. It is much closer to get from the Boardwalk lobby to the boat dock then it is to get from BC Villas to where the boat docks at Epcot. This doesn't mean a lot to people who are able bodied. But if you are like me and are able bodied in the real world and slightly disabled when it comes to walking 8 miles a day...you appreciate that boat.

Parking is better at BCV. Hubby's idea of driving at WDW is putting his car keys in the safe when he gets to the room. For us, parking isn't much of an issue.

As for swimming, we don't swim.
    As for a view...wow!! BW View is awesome. We stayed at BCV once...view...umm...awful. Standard views at BWV is better than the view at BCV.

Points!! Yes!! We have stayed with a standard view, and yes it makes a difference!! Since we have 100 points, being able to use standard points has allowed us to go on more trips than we would have gone on otherwise.

12. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

I purchased BWV instead of bcv because of the cheaper resale price, at the time there was about a $20+ dollar difference and the excellent point cost of a standard view room.

13. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

<------hey, i got tag-fairy-ed. fun!

sorry, i just noticed my tags...carry on with the thread...

14. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The last time that we used Storm-A-Long Bay pool, I noticed that the sand was actually silicon dioxide with a small amount of calcium carbonate.

:earsboy: Bill

15. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 DIS Veteran

I think everyone is taking the sand for granite. :rolleyes1:

16. mommyarewegoingback

mommyarewegoingback DIS Veteran

When we did the tour 2 weeks ago, and when we watched the official DVC dvd, it says that sand comes from Arizona.

While we love Stormalong Bay, we liked the lower priced resales, we didn't mind the long hallways as someone compared it to AKV's long walk. Only other con I heard was the parking, which I can live with. BWV is someplace we could stay every time we visit, especially if we have the points.

Anyway, just as an update. We did decide to go forth on a BWV resale, we're in the contract signing phase, then onto ROFR. Hopefully I'll have good news in a month. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your comments and this board.

-Virginia

17. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

Good luck on ROFR. Hope that we will be neighbors soon. I am posting this from our BW view balcony. We have stayed here at least 35 times in the last 13 years and still love it every time.

18. spruce

spruce DIS Veteran

We own both and OKW. BCV & BWV are similar but we use them in different ways. When at BCV we swim, have a spa day, spend time in Crews Cup (we like it better then the BW lounge), walk to EPCOT for a dinner and Illuminations. When at BWV, we do some of the same things but mostly go to the parks. We always get a Bw view and hearing the boat horns is our welcome home. We plan more relaxation at BCV. OKW is a mix between doing parks and relaxation and the rooms there aren't narrow boxes like at the BWV & BCV with smallish living rooms & dining areas (1br's or bigger.) Unless you do BWV GV's.

19. AllieV

AllieV DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at boardwalk of the two; we LOVE BWV. My husband loves Boardwalk's proximity to all the bars/club etc, whereas Beach Club people would take the boat over (it's a long walk around the lake) and he hates boats. In spring, we're staying at Beach Club for the first time, and specifically for their pool. If we (I, hahaha) love it, I'll keep an eye on availability and might buy into there as our next contract. It was BWV all the way, but we'll see.

20. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

I did not find the walk bad at all. Usually quicker than hanging around waiting for a boat.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

21. Theaberdeenkid

Theaberdeenkid Mouseketeer

LOL
    :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm a geologist, rock humor is the best.

I also lost it in AK when I came across the snack shack Trilo-Bites.