Why is it always over so fast? Vacation people, vacation!

OMG you are too funny!! I loved the pic of the bird on Walt's head, and the hubba hubba dancers!! Always worth 2 table credits on the Dining Plan ;)

You pictures are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You take great pics and the colors are all so vibrant and beautiful.

I have to ask... where do you keep all the "food container souvies"?????

We took a few more photos and then headed to Main Street where I bought my watch, did a little shopping and then stopped into City Hall before leaving. I dropped a postcard off and asked if Mickey could sign it for a friend’s daughter. I would have to come back the next day to pick it up. Aw, shucks, they are forcing me to come back to MK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was my DD that Jane dropped off the postcard for Mickey to sign. We were supposed to return to Disney World and our beloved Polynesian Resort this summer, but DD (29) had to have major surgery this spring, so the trip is postponed until next year. I have never met Jane personally, we just became Disboards, then Facebook friends through our mutual love of all things Disney. When she heard about DD's upcoming surgery, she asked if I would mind sending her the address, that "maybe Mickey will send her a get well postcard". I thought that is "nice of her", but never expected her to go out of her way to make it so special, by dropping the postcard off for Mickey to sign "in Mickey's OWN handwriting" (haha). It was even postmarked "Magic Kingdom Main Street USA".
I hope she realizes just how much this meant to both my DD & myself. There will always be a special place in our hearts for Jane who showed so much kindness to 2 people she has never even met.:love: And I also want to apologize for "forcing" you to return to Magic Kingdom the next day to pick up the postcard. lol

FYI, DD is doing GREAT since her surgery and we are already planning next year's trip, if not actually, at least in our heads.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report, your entertaining commentary, and your beautiful photos.

We have a few things in common it seems: We both have cats and Pinoys at home and share similar feelings about Dwayne Johnson. :rotfl2: OH, and I haven't told my hubby about the special target in Buzz either (because he always wins at Toy Story Mania).

I haven't told my hubby about the special target in Buzz either (because he always wins at Toy Story Mania).

I need to be let in on that secret before our trip next year! DH ALWAYS kills me on that ride! Jane, private message please so the whole world doesn't know;)
TYVM.

You pictures are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You take great pics and the colors are all so vibrant and beautiful.

I have to ask... where do you keep all the "food container souvies"?????

My DH is a doofus! :rotfl::rotfl: We have an old glass cabinet in our Disney corner and I gave him a couple shelves on which to keep his "junk." :confused3

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report, your entertaining commentary, and your beautiful photos.

We have a few things in common it seems: We both have cats and Pinoys at home and share similar feelings about Dwayne Johnson. :rotfl2: OH, and I haven't told my hubby about the special target in Buzz either (because he always wins at Toy Story Mania).

Those island boys are pretty great!:banana:

I'm joining the party late but I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I'm LOVING your Trip Report! You have such a great sense of humor and take some incredible photos! And I especially loved where you got the tiger to blink back and start "talking" to you. Even though we only have a dog right now, I'm really a cat person at heart and had never heard of that trick. But it's awesome that you found out that it works for the big cats too! I can't wait to try it the next time we're at AK. :goodvibes

I'm joining the party late but I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I'm LOVING your Trip Report! You have such a great sense of humor and take some incredible photos! And I especially loved where you got the tiger to blink back and start "talking" to you. Even though we only have a dog right now, I'm really a cat person at heart and had never heard of that trick. But it's awesome that you found out that it works for the big cats too! I can't wait to try it the next time we're at AK. :goodvibes

Welcome! Happy to have you aboard. And remember, when you wink/blink at the kitties, you have to be close enough to look in their eyes and that they can see yours. Have fun!

Chapter Eight: Alone at Last!!

This is the day I have been waiting for! The day I dream about! The day I spend days looking forward to! The day I get to dump the hubby and spend some alone time in Magic Kingdom!

Yes, I love Leo and love spending time with him, but I sooooo look forward to this one afternoon of being able to wander Magic Kingdom all by myself. Don’t ask me why it is so relaxing and enjoyable to me, but it is. I just feel so free and happy.

Ok, enough of that.

It is the morning of our seventh day at Disney and we had planned on doing another day at Animal Kingdom before splitting up after lunch. However, when we were ready to go, we changed our minds and decided to go back to Epcot instead. It’s funny how Epcot started out being my least favorite park, but it has slowly made its way to being number two to me now.

Anyway, we make our way to the park and … WHAM … no more low crowds. There was even a long line just to get through the bag check line. It was Friday and must have been a school trip day because there were thousands of tweens and teens running all over the place with matching T-shirts. Did we really act that silly and obnoxious at that age?

While we were on our way down the ramp from the monorail, I noticed this guy’s shoes. They were so cool I just had to take a photo of them. I even asked him about them and he told me they were “barefoot shoes” and were the most comfy things he has ever worn. I’ll just have to take his word for that cuz when I got home and looked them up, they are pretty pricey.

aIMGP6331.jpg

As I was taking photos of his feet, I realized I was out of space on my camera card. Oh great! I had an entire day ahead of me and no more “film.” Me not being able to take any photos would kill me. So I spent the time standing in line at the bag check and turnstiles, as well as while standing in any other line throughout the day, going through my photos and deleting as many as I could to make more space.

Once we finally made it into the park, we headed straight over to Soarin’ to grab some fast passes and then back across to Test Track where, surprisingly, there was no line. No clue! We jumped on and took a spin. I asked for the front row since Leo gave me the video camera to film the complete ride. He spends the entire ride with both hands gripped tightly to the rail in front of him. Big chicken.

Well, we hadn’t even made it to the top of the first hill before the film ran out! Sheesh, I think someone was trying to tell us something. Maybe someone was trying to tell us to check our film once in a while!

aIMGP6335.jpg

aIMGP6334.jpg

After riding TT, we hopped over to Mission: Space. And, no, we didn’t ride this one. I’m even a big chicken on this one. I remember a few years ago when I went with my brother and his first three kids. His kids talked him into riding MS … before they even offered the non-spinning side. When he got off that ride, he was a lovely shade of green and we had to sit for about 20 minutes so he could get his head back on straight. Won’t do it. Nope. No way. Not on your life. Not even on a dare.

But we did send some funky emails home and took … imagine this … photos of Leo in front of it. This is a rare one without him in it.

aIMGP6338.jpg

We then went back across to Soarin’ to ride one last time. Even the fast pass line was longer then I have ever seen a fast pass line. Big surprise! A photo of Leo in front of the Soarin’ sign.

aIMGP6342.jpg

Once we were headed out to the World Showcase, we made a quick stop into Spaceship Earth. We tried twice before already this morning, but the line was always out the door and bent around the end. I have never seen this ride with any line at all, ever. It really surprised me that there was a line. This time we caught it with no line so we jumped on. I just love this ride!

I took some photos of our “future” as well as the photo we saw on the mega tron in the hands-on area after the ride. And, no, I didn’t really have a sunburn and raccoon eyes.

aIMGP5753.jpg

aIMGP5748.jpg

aIMGP5772.jpg

Oh, and did you know that if you go into the CS restaurant there near Spaceship Earth, there is a talking trash can? Not the mechanical ones that move around the parks, but a standing trash can. If you are facing the ordering counters, turn to your left and it is over on the other end of the condiments table.

We actually had to plug it in ourselves to get it to work, but it was funny.

Anyway, we headed over to WS and I wanted to check out a gift shop off to the right and Leo was in pure PP panic mode so he headed off to Mexico to hit the potty. I was going to meet up with him an a few minutes.

Well, so much for a “few minutes.” I got caught behind the draw bridge when it went up to let the globe out into the lake. I took the time to delete more junk photos and to take a few more while waiting.

aIMGP5693.jpg

aIMGP5737.jpg

aIMGP5733.jpg

aIMGP5719.jpg

Once over the bridge and back with Leo, we ducked into Maelstrom in Norway. I have always liked this little hidden ride and rarely find it with a line. This time, however, there was a bit of a line but we decided to wait. We probably wouldn’t be back this way again this trip. After a wait of about 30 minutes (probably the longest wait of any ride this trip), we hopped on our boat … along with about 10 vey boisterous teens.

I thought, “This is going to be fun.” However, they were actually pretty well behaved for a group of teens with no adult supervision. The ride, on the other hand, was very disappointing. I guess they are refurbbing part of it because it was at least half the length it used to be. If I had known that, I would not have waited in a 30-minute line.

My hubby, my hero.

aIMGP6346.jpg

aIMGP6347.jpg

We then spent some time just wandering around WS and exploring the “back alleys” before lunch. I can’t even remember where we grabbed lunch, so it must have been an epic meal. After lunch, Leo headed back into WS and I headed for the gate and on to Magic Kingdom! He was staying to see Chubby Checker in concert. He was a bit before my time, but right on time for my old fart of a hubby.

As a side note, we were there during the Flower and Garden Festival so there were lots of really impressive and fun topiaries throughout the park. Here are a few shots of some of them.

aIMGP6345.jpg

aIMGP6341.jpg

aIMGP5747.jpg

aIMGP5742.jpg

aIMGP5728.jpg

aIMGP5700.jpg

aIMGP5662.jpg

Freedom!!!!

I was soooo excited. Almost as excited as the very first day into the park. I took my time going down Main Street and wandered the stores at a very leisurely pace knowing I could spend what I wanted on whatever I wanted. And I still had most of my $600 souvie money (which I had pinched pennies to save throughout the past year). Woo-HOO! Me and all this money and no Leo to crack the whip. Hehehehehe.

About two hours later, I made it to the end of Main Street … and had one bag with about $60 worth of candy and goodies for my nieces and nephew. Why is it when I can spend however much I want on whatever I want, I don’t find anything?! Sheesh!

With the crowd outside growing for the afternoon parade, I ducked around the corner and up through Adventureland. You’ll never guess where I was headed. Awww, how’d you guess?

With most of the people lined up for the parade, there was no line at Pirates, so I hopped aboard … not once, but twice. I would have gone on again, but I wanted to get across the street in Frontierland before the parade reached that far.

aIMGP6614.jpg

aIMGP6615.jpg

aIMGP6616.jpg

a030.jpg

So off I ran towards my second fave ride, Haunted Mansion. I scooted under the breezeway near the Carpet Ride and came out near the shooting gallery, just in time to make it across the street. Scooting in behind people and around near the lake, I wriggled my way through to HM and, you guessed it, found no line at all. So I did HM twice as well.

aIMGP6361.jpg

aIMGP6694.jpg

aIMGP6704.jpg

aIMGP6358.jpg

a034.jpg

aIMGP6700.jpg

aIMGP6697.jpg

By the time I finished the second ride, the crowd was breaking up from the parade and it was a mess. This was the perfect time to make my way over to the funnel cake place.

Yesssssss!!!! I was FINALLY going to get my funnel cake after seven days at the parks and just one day left. When I got there, there was a bit of a line, but not too bad. But I would have waited if the line had been an hour long.

I found a table behind the shop in a nice shaded area that I guess others really didn’t know was there. It was nice and quiet and cool. Never had a funnel cake tasted sooooo good. Of course, I could feel my glucose numbers climbing with each and every bite. But I didn’t care. I passed on the Mickey ice cream. I took just a small bite of the Dolewhip. I didn’t touch any of the desserts. I deserved … no EARNED … this funnel cake.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm………….

aIMGP6366.jpg

Bad part is … I was only able to eat about one-third of it. It broke my heart to throw most of it away. But what I ate was worth it.

As I was sitting there in my own little seventh heaven, I overheard a mom telling her kids, “Let’s go find the safari ride.” I am hoping she meant the Jungle Cruise. If not, she is still there looking.

I then headed over to the Hall of Presidents. I wanted to see the refurb and the addition of Obama. Not that I am a fan, but I wanted to see what they did.

It was down. Shoot. I should have gone with Leo the last time we were here. That’s his napping spot. Yep, he has at least one napping spot per park. At MK, it’s the Hall and the paddle boat. At Epcot, it’s the Universe of Energy. At AK, it’s the Nemo musical/puppet show. At HS, he doesn’t really have a great spot, but if he’s desperate, he can nap on the Great Movie Ride.

I ended up going back later and saw the show. They did a really good job, as always.

aIMGP6371.jpg

aIMGP6613.jpg

I then went on to see Philharmagic again. Love this show. I think I love watching the audience more, though. As I stood in the mass crowd waiting in the lobby to get into the theater, I just amused myself with the pushers and shovers. I would love to go up to them after the show and ask if the pushing, shoving and rudeness was worth the bad seats they got.

I would especially loved to have talked to the idiot a few rows in front of me who was actually texting during the show! What on earth is so important that it can’t wait until you are out of the show? Too bad they can’t invent a dampener to use at shows and theaters that will block all cell phone use. Not many things annoy me as much as people who are inconsiderate enough to use their cell phone during a movie or show. And, yes, texting is disruptive to those around you!

OK, I’m off my soap box now.

I then took my time and wandered around the park taking random photos of silly stuff and totally enjoying myself … even if the place was packed.

aIMGP6379.jpg

aIMGP6386.jpg

aIMGP6388.jpg

aIMGP6394.jpg

aIMGP6404.jpg

aIMGP6408.jpg

Of course, I had to take a ride on the people mover, one of my faves. And even though the park was packed, there was literally no one on the people mover with me. Of course, without Leo there to yell “CLICK,” I didn’t get any external shots. I did manage to get a shot of the empty train behind me. Pretty cool … even if a bit spooky in the pitch black portion.

aIMGP6382.jpg

Unfortunately, my alone time was drawing to a close. I had to head back to the hotel so I could pick up my tripod and a new camera card before meeting Leo over at Hollywood for some night shots.

On the way out, I stopped by City Hall to pick up the postcard I left for Mickey’s signature. Not only did they get Mickey to sign it, but they gave it a Main Street post mark. How absolutely cool is Disney?? And, by the way, the receiver of the postcard (and her Mom) really loved it. So much happiness for such a small effort. You just can’t beat Disney for even long distance magic.

Anyway, off to the monorail I go and jump on a car with fewer people so I could actually sit down. Bad choice. We ended up getting stuck along the way for a very looooooooong 10 minutes. Long because there was a kid about two or three years old who spent the ENTIRE ride screaming and screeching. Not the “I’m tired and cranky” scream and screech, but an “I’m spoiled rotten and can get away with anything” scream and that high pitched, ear splitting screech that only a two year old can do. And the parents were totally ignoring him!

I have no patience for brats or the parents who create them. It took every fiber of my being to keep my mouth shut. It was so bad that, once we got going again, I got out on the very next stop, even though it wasn’t mine. How in the world can people possibly believe that kind of behavior is OK?

While on the trip, I took a photo of the weird bridge. At first glance, it didn’t strike me as different until Leo pointed it out on an earlier ride. It isn’t just a normal bridge such as a road over a road or a road over a river or something like that. It was a bridge that carried water OVER a road. I don’t know if you can see it well enough in this photo, but here it is. Only at Disney.

aIMGP6353.jpg

I finally caught another monorail and made it back to Shades. It was about 5-6 p.m. and I had planned to just grab my stuff and head out to Hollywood to meet up with Leo. However, while I was in the room, Leo called and said he was already at Hollywood and found out it closed at 7 p.m. today. What the??? I never knew any of the parks to close that early before. Oh well, I guess there will be no night photos at Hollywood this year.

Shoot. I guess that means I will just have to come back again next year!

I decided to stay at the hotel and call it an early day while Leo opted to go back to Epcot for the Illuminations. I know, I wimped out.

I called down to the Italian restaurant and ordered a pizza for dinner. I then went down to the pond out back of the hotel to watch the kids feed the koi in the pond while I waited for my dinner.

aIMGP5099.jpg

aIMGP6599.jpg

While sitting on a bench watching the kids, all of a sudden, this eagle came out of nowhere and does a great nose dive into the water right in front of us. He hit the water so hard and so fast it scared the crap out of all of us. Probably not as much as he scared the crap out of the fish and the poor little duck caught in the middle of it, though. He came and went so fast, I don’t even know if he got the fish he was after.

What an amazing sight. And it was the talk of the pond for a while.

Pizza ready, I headed back up to the room. It would have been nice to eat right there on the bench at the pond, but I decided against it for two reasons: I didn’t want to look like a pig eating an entire pizza all by myself and because I didn’t want to temp that eagle with this hot, gooey, delish pizza. It would have been quite the sight to see me boxing an eagle over a slice of pie.

Anyway, pizza eaten, shower taken and a little TV watched, I was out. I don’t even know what time Leo got home. I mean, I remember him coming in, but I just harrumphed, turned over and went back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be our last day in the parks and it will be an EMH day at Hollywood and wrapping up the day with a late night at MK. Gotta make the best of every single minute.

I'm lovin' this installment! (especially the part about my DD's postcard). You could never imagine how such an act of kindness from "almost" a total stranger could mean so much! I'll have to remember to "pay it forward" someday. Though we have never met, I feel I know you well and I'm proud to call you my "friend in Mickey".

BTW, pictures are amazing and your commentary is a hoot, as always!

I'm lovin' this installment! (especially the part about my DD's postcard). You could never imagine how such an act of kindness from "almost" a total stranger could mean so much! I'll have to remember to "pay it forward" someday. Though we have never met, I feel I know you well and I'm proud to call you my "friend in Mickey".

BTW, pictures are amazing and your commentary is a hoot, as always!

Aw, me too. It's funny how the people I have met through my love of all things Disney seem to be better friends than my actual "friends."

You got some interesting photos of PoC and loved the topiaries! If you don't mind sharing, what dates were you there in May? A co-worker was there with his family from 5/2-5/8/10 and I thought I might have seen his wife in one of your photos at MK.

I also see that you were there in Dec 2008 - we were there from 12/13-12/20/08 and loved all the Christmas decorations!

You got some interesting photos of PoC and loved the topiaries! If you don't mind sharing, what dates were you there in May? A co-worker was there with his family from 5/2-5/8/10 and I thought I might have seen his wife in one of your photos at MK.

I also see that you were there in Dec 2008 - we were there from 12/13-12/20/08 and loved all the Christmas decorations!

It's entirely possible she was in one of my photos. We were there from May 7-17.

I loved the Christmas decorations too. Especially at HS and then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was so cool. And even though everybody kept touting how much I just HAD to make sure to get some hot coco and cookies, I was not impressed with them. Oh well, can't beat everything else!

Okay, my favorite part of this segment by far is Leo in the Viking helmet. I am totally making my husband pose with one of those when we are there. :lmao:

Okay, my favorite part of this segment by far is Leo in the Viking helmet. I am totally making my husband pose with one of those when we are there. :lmao:

Too funny. You'll have to share the photo. No sense in my hubby being the only one humiliated here. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter