Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Okay so we are going May 5 through May 12, 2013 and I called Disney this week... Twice… Asking about a promotion and the first person told me probably there would be a new Promotion in February and the 2nd person told me probably there be a promo in March.... On the bright side they accidentally found a pin attached to my name and I get 30% off of moderate hotels so we are still thinking about booking there ...either there or bonnet creek .. can't decide

Very nice, and LUCKY ... damn. I just put the deposite down on ours for May 5 - May 15 !!!

WISH we had had a pin attached to my account. No such luck. But hopefully a GP is offered between now and then.... there should be, its one of the least busy times of year.

The military discount is available. We take advantage of it every year for out accommodation. Though we are annual passholders we do not take advantage of the military ticket special because our stays are longer than the tickets are good for. The annual passes end up saving us money because we visit on our two times per year.

Our Disney Vacation Expert guarantees the best rate (Information in my signature). She can answer your questions if you have any at all. If an offer opens after you make your booking she will automatically book your vacation for the better offer as many times as needed in order to maximize your savings. We have noticed that Disney has released their offers later and later depending upon bookings at certain times of the year.

We book into Deluxe Villas and will become Disney Vacation Club members soon as a result of how much we give Disney on an annual basis.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy13military&market=fy13military

Hope this helps.

The military discount is available. We take advantage of it every year for out accommodation. Though we are annual passholders we do not take advantage of the military ticket special because our stays are longer than the tickets are good for. The annual passes end up saving us money because we visit on our two times per year.

Our Disney Vacation Expert guarantees the best rate. She can answer your questions if you have any at all. If an offer opens after you make your booking she will automatically book your vacation for the better offer. We have noticed that Disney has released their offers later and later depending upon bookings at certain times of the year.

We book into Deluxe Villas and will become Disney Vacation Club members soon as a result of how much we give Disney on an annual basis.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy13military&market=fy13military

Hope this helps.

Okay so we are going May 5 through May 12, 2013 and I called Disney this week... Twice& Asking about a promotion and the first person told me probably there would be a new Promotion in February and the 2nd person told me probably there be a promo in March.... On the bright side they accidentally found a pin attached to my name and I get 30% off of moderate hotels so we are still thinking about booking there ...either there or bonnet creek .. can't decide

I usually stay onsite, but this time I went through a third party and got a one bedroom at Bonnet Creek for ten nights/eleven days for May 10th-20th, for just $895.00. Normally an AP discount beats any other discount out there for me, but not this time. There is no way even an AP discount can beat $89.50/night, even for a value resort in May (regular season), much less a moderate which is where I usually stay. AP discounts for a moderate have been running 25%-30% this year. Through a third party booking company (Vacation Strategies), Bonnet Creek gives me a one bedroom condo with alot more room, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, fully equipped kitchen, nicer pools, hot tubs, and a lazy river, for a cheaper price. Plus I don't have to wait around hoping for a room discount from Disney. I was planning on renting a car anyway and this way I am still physically on property and just as close to the parks as the onsite resorts.

We went ahead and booked with the military discount. Thinking this will be our best bet unless they happen to release free dining, but I doubt they will. May 7 - May 13th. Cannot wait!!!!!:banana:

I also booked already. Hoping for a nice surprise around February for May 23-28. I'll take whatever. Free dining. Room only. Whatever. Come on spring!!!!

I also booked already. Hoping for a nice surprise around February for May 23-28. I'll take whatever. Free dining. Room only. Whatever. Come on spring!!!!

I'm looking at dates now and we will be there at the same time!! I'm thinking 5/24-5/30. I know for 2011 and 2012 they had free dining then so there is hope!!!!! Where are you staying??

Just popping in to see if there has been any progress...:coffee:

Nope, no progress. Well, a few people, myself included have gone ahead and booked, put down deposits, but it seems like a few of them will pull out if no promo is offered.

Still waiting. I am hoping for after the 13th, when the current Holiday season promo expires, others are thinking after December entirely.

Shaden said:
Nope, no progress. Well, a few people, myself included have gone ahead and booked, put down deposits, but it seems like a few of them will pull out if no promo is offered.

Still waiting. I am hoping for after the 13th, when the current Holiday season promo expires, others are thinking after December entirely.

You all should consider staying off property, it's much cheaper!

You all should consider staying off property, it's much cheaper!

We considered it for our honeymoon, but we decided that for my first trip we wanted the magic and convenience of staying on property. We're also not going to be 25, so car rental is much more expensive for us, which cuts into the savings we might be able to get by staying off-property.
For future trips we probably won't stay at Disney, at least until our kids are old enough to appreciate the magic of staying on property.

It all depend on the discount. Our kids count as adults so QSDP is costing us $1500. Free dining would definitely save us more than staying offsite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We considered it for our honeymoon, but we decided that for my first trip we wanted the magic and convenience of staying on property. We're also not going to be 25, so car rental is much more expensive for us, which cuts into the savings we might be able to get by staying off-property.
For future trips we probably won't stay at Disney, at least until our kids are old enough to appreciate the magic of staying on property.

See, last year was our honeymoon and our first trip to disney, we stayed on site, at Coronado, it was amazing.

Problem is, we enjoyed staying on site SO much, the convenience, the combination of resort and still disney, that we will probably continue to pay the premium in order to stay on site.

See, last year was our honeymoon and our first trip to disney, we stayed on site, at Coronado, it was amazing.

Problem is, we enjoyed staying on site SO much, the convenience, the combination of resort and still disney, that we will probably continue to pay the premium in order to stay on site.

Yeah, I've stayed on site a few times now, and I just can't imagine going any other way. We have stayed off site, but now that I've stayed on, I'll wait a longer amount of time to go if I have to just to be able to stay on site. The convenience, to me, makes it worth it. I just may have to a better job saving or not go as often! :(

I'm trying to decide whether to make meal reservations, even though we haven't booked a trip (and won't, unless a discount comes out). Thinking about may 1-7, but I haven't settled in case we need to be flexible to take advantage of a pin.

I'm trying to decide whether to make meal reservations, even though we haven't booked a trip (and won't, unless a discount comes out). Thinking about may 1-7, but I haven't settled in case we need to be flexible to take advantage of a pin.

Make your ADRs, we didn, you might be surprised that some places are already booking, especially things like Be Our Guest, which are new ....

No penalty to cancel your ADRs afterall ...

Shaden said:
Make your ADRs, we didn, you might be surprised that some places are already booking, especially things like Be Our Guest, which are new ....

No penalty to cancel your ADRs afterall ...

Thanks, that's good advice! Plus, it means I get to have the fun of more trip planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter