Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Maybe it's my mommy brain but I can't figure out what the discount is supposed to be... Room and ticket discount? I have a suite booked at AoA so I guess 15% if it's like the last one. I wish the AoA suite would be discounted like a deluxe or even a moderate since they are so expensive but I get that it's like 2 rooms but it's not cheaper than getting 2 values.

/ late night rambles

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Maybe it's my mommy brain but I can't figure out what the discount is supposed to be... Room and ticket discount? I have a suite booked at AoA so I guess 15% if it's like the last one. I wish the AoA suite would be discounted like a deluxe or even a moderate since they are so expensive but I get that it's like 2 rooms but it's not cheaper than getting 2 values.

/ late night rambles

I can't figure it out either. At first, I thought we'd save more money than with the PIN they sent me since we didn't get the room discount for the whole time we are there. But after looking at the spreadsheet, I just don't know if it will save a dime for me even without the PIN. I'm not doubting the poster of the discount as I know he has a solid track record, but it does make me wonder what they are exactly doing. I guess I'll just have to wait until January 3rd to understand it all. :scratchin

/ late night rambles

I can't figure it out either. At first, I thought we'd save more money than with the PIN they sent me since we didn't get the room discount for the whole time we are there. But after looking at the spreadsheet, I just don't know if it will save a dime for me even without the PIN. I'm not doubting the poster of the discount as I know he has a solid track record, but it does make me wonder what they are exactly doing. I guess I'll just have to wait until January 3rd to understand it all. :scratchin

I can't make heads or tails out of the chart. I know that Danny25 has a reputation for posting accurate information so I'm fairly confident that a new promo will be released on January 3rd. I just hope that our travel dates and resort fall under the 30% off that Danny mentioned.

I am with you both, the promo as posted wouldn't actually save us much of anything, so I am really hoping there is more to it. On top of that for some people this would actually be MORE than rack rate, which I can't see happening once rates have been posted. I am really hoping there is more to it. Either way I am booked and I am going, BUT, I still have the option of staying off site. Booked our flights, so we are headed there for sure. But My wife and I still want to return to Universal as well, soooooo ... there is that option.

Lets face it though, I really want to stay on site and spend 10 days at disney, lets just hope they help me do it ! :)

Definately looking forward to January 3 for more info! :yay:

I did the quick math and this *might* save us around $400-$500. Staying at POR, I figured a 20 or 25% discount and the discounted tickets (which confuses me. Why discount tickets? :confused3 Have they ever discounted tickets in the past??).

I am with you both, the promo as posted wouldn't actually save us much of anything, so I am really hoping there is more to it. On top of that for some people this would actually be MORE than rack rate, which I can't see happening once rates have been posted. I am really hoping there is more to it. Either way I am booked and I am going, BUT, I still have the option of staying off site. Booked our flights, so we are headed there for sure. But My wife and I still want to return to Universal as well, soooooo ... there is that option.

Lets face it though, I really want to stay on site and spend 10 days at disney, lets just hope they help me do it ! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

I did the quick math and this *might* save us around $400-$500. Staying at POR, I figured a 20 or 25% discount and the discounted tickets (which confuses me. Why discount tickets? :confused3 Have they ever discounted tickets in the past??).

IF the discount at the CBR is 20%, then we'd save about $440.00 which is better than nothing. Danny25 stated that there would be a ticket price discount if you booked for 4 or more nights. In the past, we were able to take advantage of a free ticket upgrade (I believe they added the water park and more option for free that year.)

Don't forget danny25 posted the price of the tickets, so thats there too.

Here is the deal for me, POFQ, May 5 - 15, 10 day Park Hopper

Rack Rate room only: 2452
Danny25 Price list room only: 2538 !!!

10 Day Park Hopper rack rate: 848
Danny25 Price List Ticket rate: 652 (assuming this includes taxes that is)

Total savings between 2 rates: 110.60

But notice, the price of my room actually went UP.

Its because we save almost 200 on tickets that we would save anything at all. Again, like others I can't see that disney would increase the price of the room above rack rate for a promotion, so I am struggling with these numbers.

I am very VERY thankful for any info, and for the effort to give info, Danny25 has much love from me, but I will need to wait this out til Jan to see whats up I think.

Don't forget danny25 posted the price of the tickets, so thats there too.

Here is the deal for me, POFQ, May 5 - 15, 10 day Park Hopper

Rack Rate room only: 2452
Danny25 Price list room only: 2538 !!!

10 Day Park Hopper rack rate: 848
Danny25 Price List Ticket rate: 652 (assuming this includes taxes that is)

Total savings between 2 rates: 110.60

But notice, the price of my room actually went UP.

Its because we save almost 200 on tickets that we would save anything at all. Again, like others I can't see that disney would increase the price of the room above rack rate for a promotion, so I am struggling with these numbers.

I am very VERY thankful for any info, and for the effort to give info, Danny25 has much love from me, but I will need to wait this out til Jan to see whats up I think.

I honestly can't see Disney raising rack rate prices any higher than what they are now and that's what makes the whole chart crazy to me. Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll all know what's what when the promotion comes out.

I don't know if they've ever discounted tickets in the past but we went one year where we stayed/paid for 4 days and got 3 free... so definitely not impossible for them to want to discount tickets. Especially if the room prices are a little higher, it would motivate people to go ahead and add the tickets??? Idk.

Someone suggested on the other thread that they may be hiking up the room prices to make it all work out with the tickets. I still find this strange since you don't have to buy tickets to get the discount.

Time will tell, but it is fun (to me at least) speculating for a little while... Although I could do with a shorter while :)

Ooooh! If I've already booked, but not paid more than the deposit, will I be able to apply the room discount?

Yes you will be able to apply any discount offered onto your trip. Even if you had already paid in full you would be able to apply it and than get a refund in the way it was paid. You will need to call disney directly to add any discounts and you can only add one discount per package.:thumbsup2

I have definatly been hearing around the water cooler that discounts will be announced on Jan 3rd. I can't wait to see how much money I will save.:banana:

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Just a few more days until we will know whether or not the rumor of the January 3rd discount is true. Like I said before, Danny25 has a great reputation for posting accurate information so I'm pretty sure that we'll see something. We are already booked for May, 2013 but sure would like to take advantage of a discount.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but if the new discounts do begin on Jan. 3, how early can I call that day?
Thank you!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Just a few more days until we will know whether or not the rumor of the January 3rd discount is true. Like I said before, Danny25 has a great reputation for posting accurate information so I'm pretty sure that we'll see something. We are already booked for May, 2013 but sure would like to take advantage of a discount.

For the record we have multiple reports of Disney CMs confirming Jan 3 promo date as well as 3rd party travel agents calling people to announce Jan 3 as a promo booking date.

For the record we have multiple reports of Disney CMs confirming Jan 3 promo date as well as 3rd party travel agents calling people to announce Jan 3 as a promo booking date.

It's good to hear that there's further confirmation of an upcoming promo. I did talk with someone at Disney Travel who informed me that something new was coming the first week of January. I know that it's highly unlikely, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll save more money that what I figured using Danny's charts.

It's good to hear that there's further confirmation of an upcoming promo. I did talk with someone at Disney Travel who informed me that something new was coming the first week of January. I know that it's highly unlikely, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll save more money that what I figured using Danny's charts.

I know what you mean. I just did some math on about how much I would save using Danny's charts. I would save about $500 dollars for two adult and two kids (7 & 9) for 7 days at POR Royal Room compared to the POFQ room I already have booked. Since I am sharing the cost with my son's father it would only save my about $250. But since I am already saving close to $600 sharing with him I a OK with that. I am still hoping for something to save me more though. :goodvibes

I know what you mean. I just did some math on about how much I would save using Danny's charts. I would save about $500 dollars for two adult and two kids (7 & 9) for 7 days at POR Royal Room compared to the POFQ room I already have booked. Since I am sharing the cost with my son's father it would only save my about $250. But since I am already saving close to $600 sharing with him I a OK with that. I am still hoping for something to save me more though. :goodvibes

I don't have my notes in front of me but I'm thinking my savings came out to about $480.00 which isn't that great but, like you, I'm happy to save anything.

Not sure if I would save much. I guess most of my savings will be from buying FL resident tickets. I was wondering though if a free dining deal came out would I have to have a package with regular priced tickets? Or can I use FL resident ones and still be included as a package deal? Will have to crunch some more numbers when we get more details on the deal to see what works best for us.

I think someone said Danny's spreadsheet included tax and I think they are correct. I was just able to book for may 29-June 4 using the Spring discount since we have a Disney Visa. It came out a little better than I had calculated with Danny's info....I was adding tax.

We have a family suite at ASMu, I added 7 day PH tix for 4@ adult prices and 1 @ child prices. Previously ( with AAA room disc and using UT for tix) our cost was $3629. New Disney discounted price is $3334. We were going anyway, so I am very happy to save the extra money. Rack rate was about $3900.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter