Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by cindermomma, Mar 16, 2012.
My bad people, but that is what she said....honest!!! I think they like playing with us.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Just checked as well. No update on the Disney website yet. We are booked for AoA Little Mermaid rooms so the discount probably won't apply to us as none of the others have been. If it is good enough I might consider switching to another resort for the discount.
Am I the only one this disappointed. I was so excited to book and wrap something up and put it under the tree for my wife ...
I know we had no guarantees, and obv Disney is in the business of making money so they have plan and they stick to it, only offer discounts if they need to and when they need to in order to encourage bookings at various times of year .... but still
I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed as well. I know that in the past, we have seen May discounts by now. However, I'm not giving up hope yet. The majority of our trips have been in May and we've always had some sort of discount/special offer.
I'm getting really antsy too. My dates are extremely flexible and so I suppose there's no need for me to be in a rush to book so I can hold out longer for dates, but I'll feel so much better when I know the resort is booked. Should I be worried about resorts (ASMo or CBR) selling out for May soon? I'm hoping to wait as long as maybe late January before booking in case date-specific discounts come out, but I don't want resort prices to go up or sell out. Should I be worried? This is my first time being the one handling the booking and planning for WDW and so the whole cancellation/making changes policies are confusing the heck out of me.
I am sure someone else can give you a better answer, but I think that May is one of the least busy times of year, so I would THINK you should be safe.
I am considering doing the whole, book a room, put down deposit, and then hope a deal comes around, but I haven't decided yet ...
Would just feel better if it was reserved, but at the same time I don't want to go without a discount, and I don't want to get totally excited and committed.
You are not the only one disappointed.
Is there a s/p/d offer for May as of now? I see some mention of it in the last few pages on here. Also waiting, with a back up plan. We have a 3 br home with pool and jacuzzi at an amzing price reserved too- just in case no discounts happen.
Definitely a little bummed myself. We will stick to our plans no matter what but would like a discount for a little extra spending cash. I still have hope. They seem to only be giving discounts for only a couple of months out. So maybe after the new year.
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Expectations seem to have gotten a little out of control, based on what was probably a scripted remark by a CM. There are still 5 months to go before May, and while past spring discounts have appeared around now, the holiday season is still in full swing. The winter discounts didn't appear until October, so it wouldn't be extreme to expect discounts for the spring months to appear after the new year. Past evidence suggests that there will be some sort of discount available between Easter and Memorial Day, and I can't think of any reason to suddenly expect otherwise.
Indeed, and there are still two big promotions on the site, one of which expires December 13, so maybe lets hope that at some point after that, we will see something.
NOT trying to set Dec 13 as the next big let down day, but it would be a little weird to have that many promotions running all at once ...
Totally agree! I have been surprised in the last few weeks at how many people (in general, not necessarily on this thread) are seeming ready to abandon ship and give up, because "apparently there just aren't going to be any discounts for Spring." It simply isn't our turn yet. They just released a decent promotion for Jan-Feb, so there's no reason to think that they'll suddenly declare no more discounts for the rest of the year.
They do seem to be waiting a little longer to release, and that's why nothing for spring yet. But I would be totally amazed if something didn't come along. Now, trust me, I'm as impatient as anyone, lol! Mostly I want to know NOW if what is released will work for our particular dates and resort (b/c unfortunately we aren't very flexible in either). If the spring promotion won't work for us for whatever reason, I'd like to know sooner rather than later so we can budget accordingly. But there will, almost without doubt, be SOMETHING. We just have to be patient, as hard as it is
I wasn't really expecting anything to be released for May until sometime in January honestly. I'm still on the look out, and if it came along sooner - GREAT! But they have been slow to release promotions these days.
I'm antsy but not worried. I'm fully prepared to pay rack rate for what I want and what will make the best trip for my family. Any discount will be a bonus - we plan to already save money by skipping the dining plan so it's already cheaper than usual. I'm thinking Jan/Feb before they put out May discounts, it seems like less time between discount rollout and dates the offer is good for is the new norm.
I think Disney is waiting to see how the opening of New Fantasyland goes. If it doesn't bring in as many people as they hope, they will release discounts.
Ahhh...a voice of reason. Thanks for making me see things a little more clearer!
We are already booked at rack rate and I'm prepared to pay every dime of it should I have to. I've not yet worked myself into a dither over the special offer no-show. Having said that, I sure do hope that Disney releases some sort of promo that I can take advantage of. Any money that we save will be put towards our 2014 Disney vacation.
Not worked up, just getting my ducks in a row in case the discounts never materialize or aren't good b/c I do not believe any room on WDW property is worth paying full price for.
Okay so we are going May 5 through May 12, 2013 and I called Disney this week... Twice
Asking about a promotion and the first person told me probably there would be a new Promotion in February and the 2nd person told me probably there be a promo in March.... On the bright side they accidentally found a pin attached to my name and I get 30% off of moderate hotels so we are still thinking about booking there ...either there or bonnet creek .. can't decide
I agree...had we not received a pin code or some other type of 35% off room deal, we definitely would not have booked. On property rooms aren't and will never be worth the rack rate. In addition, consumer behavior has changed significantly over the last few years. People want a discount or to use a coupon for nearly everything...especially Disney vacations.
Separate names with a comma.