Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

cajunprincess said:
As far as I know they've only done FD in May once, which was 2010 or 2011. Can't remember which.

They sometimes offer room only discounts. I would look for them from now all the way to March. You just never know with Disney :)

I had FD in May 2009 But it was during the time of the 5 - 13th

We have gone the last week of May for the past 2 years and both times had a room discount.....let's hope they offer it again!!!

YES! We do- if it's not affordable- we reschedule for a time when there are good deals being offered. I do NOT pay rack rate for on site WDW accommodations- period! We can wait, and vacation elsewhere in the mean time WDW is not worth the rack rate fortune they try to charge IMO.

I'm with you. I would and have cancelled a Disney vaca for lack of a good deal! I also would choose to vacation somewhere else in the mean time and I would and have enjoyed those non disney trips.

As far as airfare is concerned, we have to fly as well and I just don't book the flights until we get a good promo at Disney.

We are looking to go early May, however if something great like FD or
buy 4 get 3 doesn't come out, we are happy to wait and go end of August or during the fall when FD does come out.

Just a personal preference. So, yes I am one of those that hold out for a good disney deal! :)

We had free dining the last week of May in 2011.

We also had FD the last week of May, 2011. We arrived Sunday, May 29, 2011 and stayed through Saturday, June 4th. I do remember that the offer was only available for a short time frame.

YES! We do- if it's not affordable- we reschedule for a time when there are good deals being offered. I do NOT pay rack rate for on site WDW accommodations- period! We can wait, and vacation elsewhere in the mean time WDW is not worth the rack rate fortune they try to charge IMO.

I'm with you. I would and have cancelled a Disney vaca for lack of a good deal! I also would choose to vacation somewhere else in the mean time and I would and have enjoyed those non disney trips.

As far as airfare is concerned, we have to fly as well and I just don't book the flights until we get a good promo at Disney.

We are looking to go early May, however if something great like FD or
buy 4 get 3 doesn't come out, we are happy to wait and go end of August or during the fall when FD does come out.

Just a personal preference. So, yes I am one of those that hold out for a good disney deal! :)

ITA:thumbsup2

We just won't go unless there is a "deal." We are hoping for a decent rate for May, but if not we will move our dates to a time when there is a decent rate. I think of WDW resorts kind of like Kohl's...they inflate the prices to be able to offer "sales."

Really? I wouldn't think that they would offer during a busy time!

I think they were trying to get people to come while people were still nervous about the economy.

But they have had some sort of discount at least the past 4-5 years even if it wasn't free dining. When we went the 2nd to last week of May in 2009, we had a great deal, just can't remember the specifics.

cajunprincess said:
I think they were trying to get people to come while people were still nervous about the economy.

But they have had some sort of discount at least the past 4-5 years even if it wasn't free dining. When we went the 2nd to last week of May in 2009, we had a great deal, just can't remember the specifics.

I'm looking for a room discount for just one night (May 8th) so I'm not holding my breath, plus it's for AoA family suite. So I don't know if I will see any discounts?

maggs- it seems that AOA is the holdout for no discount, maybe try AAA for a room for one night you will be hard pressed to find any deal other than a small AAA discount.

Those of you that don't have a pin, have you considered renting dvc points? We did that last year and it worked out really well for us...just a thought :) Of course, I would hold out a while longer to see what public discounts are released first!

We had free dining the last week of May in 2011.

We did too - there was a VERY small window to book - we arrived the Sat of Memorial Day weekend and had Free Dining for our 10 day stay.:)

Those of you that don't have a pin, have you considered renting dvc points? We did that last year and it worked out really well for us...just a thought :) Of course, I would hold out a while longer to see what public discounts are released first!

We have considered renting points the last 2 trips - the problem is "timing" - by the time Disney releases any discounts or specials for our travel dates, the majority of the DVC rentals are gone..or at least the ones that we would enjoy staying at. BUT I am seriously considering NOT playing the *Waiting for A Disney Deal* game for our next trip and just renting the points.:)

well Mayers I think I might be ditching you :( If we can't get a good cruise rate for May we are going to move our trip to November 2013. I'm sad we'll be waiting longer but we decided to do a cruise and shorter WDW trip but it's still $$$ and we could use the extra time to save some $$

haven't cancelled May yet though just in case something awesome comes along and we can't pass it up but it's looking like it's going to be November. It works out though since we'd be cruising for our anniversary and my birthday yippee!!

Normally I always hold out for a deal, but with my kids being older (and thus harder to take out of school any time of year) and dance being such a big part of our weekly schedule, this week is pretty much it without getting into higher priced spring break/summer weeks. We like to go in January (too hard with dance) or free dining in September (now too hard with school) but that's just not in the cards.

We are going no matter what :wizard:

We plan to book our May 22-28 vacation in 2 weeks, right before the 180 day for ADRs. I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) for some kind of a deal to come out before then. Or better yet for Disney to bestow a PIN on me. :worship::rotfl2: But if nothing becomes available we'll be booking anyways so that we can take advantage of the 180+ ADRs!

I ended up booking on Friday night at full price just to do my ADRs this weekend at 180+10. Still holding out for a pin for mom or I, a visa offer, or a public offer.

Booking a kid free surprise anniversary trip for me and DH. We will be staying the 23rd - 27th. Its just for the weekend. Can't believe the 180 mark will be soon. I still have no idea what restautrants to eat at. I know for sure we will do coral reef. Hubby loves seafood and the atmoosphere of the place. Really hope a discount comes cause it will be our first time on property and doing a mod. too. Staying at CBR in a pirate room for my big kid at heart.

I really wish Disney would release something soon. I got a pin code from Universal the other day. We have AP's for Universal so we may end up there instead.

Joining in :) just decided today to move our January trip to may ( long story) just need to change everything... Excited, our stay in may 2011 was awesome (hot) and we had free dining - hoping for free QSDP at least.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Booking a kid free surprise anniversary trip for me and DH. We will be staying the 23rd - 27th. Its just for the weekend. Can't believe the 180 mark will be soon. I still have no idea what restautrants to eat at. I know for sure we will do coral reef. Hubby loves seafood and the atmoosphere of the place. Really hope a discount comes cause it will be our first time on property and doing a mod. too. Staying at CBR in a pirate room for my big kid at heart.

Oooh that sounds fun! I would love to do an adults only trip at some point too, but right now we are able to do one trip a year and so dd(almost 5) is with us! Our 180 days is on Sunday, I have a spreadsheet with our hopeful-ADR's all planned out! ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter