Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

mickeystoontown said:
What dates did the free dining pin cover? I'd love to receive one of those pins!

I'm not sure on the details yet. It all came about just before 5:00 this evening. I'll know more Monday. We are booked at AoA suites May 17-22. She did say the LM rooms were still excluded, so part of our group has to move to POP. I hope you do too! Good luck!

She did say something about a new discount coming soon, but wasn't supposed to and did NOT give any details.

Just called too...no pin. Will not book unless we get a pin or they release a general public discount. 35% off room would make it happen.

I'm not sure on the details yet. It all came about just before 5:00 this evening. I'll know more Monday. We are booked at AoA suites May 17-22. She did say the LM rooms were still excluded, so part of our group has to move to POP. I hope you do too! Good luck!

She did say something about a new discount coming soon, but wasn't supposed to and did NOT give any details.

Sure hope that the pin was someting that you could choose! It sounds like it may be the same pin that my daughter received.

mickeystoontown said:
Sure hope that the pin was someting that you could choose! It sounds like it may be the same pin that my daughter received.

Sadly, it was. My travel agent was mistaken. She called this morning. It was also the same one my mom got. I knew it was too good to be true. Not a very good birthday present. :( So I guess it's back to waiting. Good luck to you still though. :)

Sadly, it was. My travel agent was mistaken. She called this morning. It was also the same one my mom got. I knew it was too good to be true. Not a very good birthday present. :( So I guess it's back to waiting. Good luck to you still though. :)

Well phooey! Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we get a special offer that we can all take advantage of.

Geez how I hope something comes out soon, it's making me a nervous wreck. :scared1: My fingers are certainly crossed!!!

Carla

Just curious, do people actually cancel their vacation if they can't get a discount? I can understand someone saying "Oh we if we can go cheaper, we'll book", but do people cancel existing reservations? I ask because when I called Disney to ask about a PIN, the lady didn't ask if I had a reservation (which I do), but said I could book a room with a fully refundable deposit and apply future discounts too it. She was friendly, but it sounded as if she has given the speech many times :) I told her the discount would be a nice bonus, but it certainly wasn't a requirement! haha

I personally can't imagine doing that because #1 I'd be VERY disappointed if I had to cancel a trip to WDW, and #2 it requires more preparation on my part (ie plane tickets), so it's not just a matter of booking a hotel and packing up the car if a discount appears at a later date.

Again, not judging anyone's decision to cancel a trip, just curious if people plan a vacation that's more than they want to pay, and bank on a discount?

Just curious, do people actually cancel their vacation if they can't get a discount? I can understand someone saying "Oh we if we can go cheaper, we'll book", but do people cancel existing reservations? I ask because when I called Disney to ask about a PIN, the lady didn't ask if I had a reservation (which I do), but said I could book a room with a fully refundable deposit and apply future discounts too it. She was friendly, but it sounded as if she has given the speech many times :) I told her the discount would be a nice bonus, but it certainly wasn't a requirement! haha

I personally can't imagine doing that because #1 I'd be VERY disappointed if I had to cancel a trip to WDW, and #2 it requires more preparation on my part (ie plane tickets), so it's not just a matter of booking a hotel and packing up the car if a discount appears at a later date.

Again, not judging anyone's decision to cancel a trip, just curious if people plan a vacation that's more than they want to pay, and bank on a discount?

No we do not cancel if there's no discount. We know that we are going on our annual Summer vacation to Walt Disney World and I save all year long for the trip. I book as soon as the rates come out for the next year and start making payments then. I only book what I know I can afford and then hope that there's some sort of special offer that we can take advantage of.

No we do not cancel if there's no discount. We know that we are going on our annual Summer vacation to Walt Disney World and I save all year long for the trip. I book as soon as the rates come out for the next year and start making payments then. I only book what I know I can afford and then hope that there's some sort of special offer that we can take advantage of.

Sigh, I hope someday to have an annual trip to the World..this will be DBF's first time, hoping I can make him a Disney lover haha

Same thing here. I just hope to save some money!!!

My guess is that Disney can kind of hook some people by saying "Well you can always change your mind later," knowing that most people are not going to cancel their reservation regardless of a discount. And I'm sure that there are a few that will cancel or modify because the discount never arrives.

Sigh, I hope someday to have an annual trip to the World..this will be DBF's first time, hoping I can make him a Disney lover haha

When we were planning our first trip to WDW, we never ever thought that we'd fall in love with it the way we did. We thought that it'd be a one time trip. Boy were we ever wrong! Our May, 2013 trip will be our 18th to WDW (annual trips plus two extra thrown in). I hope that your DBF ends up falling in love just like you.

Same thing here. I just hope to save some money!!!

Me too! We haven't paid rack rate in several years. I'm wondering what we'll see in discounts (if anything) due to the new Fantasyland and Test Track.

We have only had to cancel one Disney trip--------about 5 years ago two weeks before we were to leave! Thank goodness it was a Room Only reservation, so all I lost was the deposit. It wasn't because of no discount it was because of no Job :rotfl2:

But I wouldn't cancel or not go because of no discount.......I would just prefer to not pay rack rate!!

Just made the decision that the last week in May 2013 will be our next Disney Vacation. Very excited. A free dining plan would be a dream come true! Anyone know about how many months in advance that they release those type of specials?

lauris87 said:
Just made the decision that the last week in May 2013 will be our next Disney Vacation. Very excited. A free dining plan would be a dream come true! Anyone know about how many months in advance that they release those type of specials?

Not wanting to bust your bubble but I bet they won't do too many offers and for sure no FD if its in and around the Memorial Day holiday?

Congrats on booking! Our travel dates normally cover the last week of May and, for the last three or four years, there have been general public offers which we've been able to take advantage of. If I am remembering correctly, we had 20% off our room at the CBR this past May. Only once have I seen free dining offered during that time period and it was only for a very short window.

As far as I know they've only done FD in May once, which was 2010 or 2011. Can't remember which.

They sometimes offer room only discounts. I would look for them from now all the way to March. You just never know with Disney :)

YES! We do- if it's not affordable- we reschedule for a time when there are good deals being offered. I do NOT pay rack rate for on site WDW accommodations- period! We can wait, and vacation elsewhere in the mean time WDW is not worth the rack rate fortune they try to charge IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter