Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

I went to UofW and then UWO. All after going to high school in Kitchener (GRCI)

Awesome ... I graduated from UofW in 84 (Math) .. I know I'm a freak ... I love Math :lmao: I see you are going to ABD China ... I've done ABD London and Paris and Hollywood. Going to Hawaii in less than a hundred days with the Wonder, then Disneyland!

Just booked!:wave2:

It's me, DH, DD (11), DD (7) and DM and perhaps DSD (25). We did the 11 nt. med in 2011 with my DMIL so now it's my mom's turn. DH and I did Greece a few years ago and DD (11) wants to see Greece due to the Percy Jackson book series that she loves.

Haven't told DH yet..... I have a few months. Prices are sky high, I'm hoping that they'll drop the price like they did in 2011. It went down several thousand dollars between booking and PIF date.:worship:

Now just need to figure out a pre and/or post travel plan. Last year we hit Paris and London before we went home. Since we're already there.....:cool1: we might as well take advantage of it.

I hope to book this tomorrow! I am getting very nervous that the prices are going to be much higher then :sad2:
I did it! Was able to transfer our OBB this morning online. It looks like the prices did go up from yesterday, but it could have been worse. It will be me (Kim), DH and DS (14 at time of sailing).

Ohh this is wild. I think my brother graduated from Waterloo in 84 ( I was 83 Sci). He was in math but went to the "new" accounting program.

We just booked!

So, 2 questions:

1. Can someone on page 1 start a list of cruisers, and

2. Can the OP correct the date?? It's got the wrong year :)

So hi :wave2:, I'm MinnieDiva and I have a Disney problem :rotfl:!

Our party consists of 2 rooms:

Me (Kim), DH (sean), and DD (10), and my dad (DGF??)

We did a 10-night Med in 2010 and are so excited to do something new!!

I hope they change the departure time in Rome... it's a hike from port to Rome. Last year we didn't leave until 9:00pm. It would also be nice to have a little more time in Athens.

12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) on Disney Magic - Itinerary A
Sail Date: June 15 to June 27
Ship: Disney Magic

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Barcelona, Spain - 4:00 p.m.
2 Villefranche, France 8:45 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
3 La Spezia, Italy 7:45 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
4 Civitavecchia, Italy 7:15 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
5 At Sea - -
6 At Sea - -
7 Piraeus, Greece (Athens) 8:00 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
8 Kusadasi, Turkey (Ephesus) 7:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
9 Mykonos, Greece 7:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
10 At Sea - -
11 Valetta, Malta 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
12 At Sea - -
13 Barcelona, Spain 7:00 a.m. -

Ok, he did it! Husband booked this cruise early this morning before I even woke up! So far it will be my husband and I for sure and maybe our friend Jeff who cruised with us in the Baltic. Looking forward to seeing familar faces and meeting new ones!

Marianne

Booked this morning for myself, DH, DDs (19 & 11 at sailing). My mother and sister booked rooms too! Yay! Fingers crossed bro & fam get onboard as well. The more the merrier :)

Last sailed the Baltic with Mickey 6/24/10

Thanks to our TA for moving our dummy ressies this morning.

It will be 5 of us:

DH, Me, DS ( 15 ), DS (14) and DD (8) Kids current ages.

We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and so hoping that all the kids sports plans don't interfere.....otherwise, we will just have to leave them home ;):hippie:

Hi Everyone,
We booked today - will be our third cruise with DCL. We did the 7/9/11 med cruise last year. We are family of 5. Children will be DD17, DD16, DS14 on cruise.

My kids wanted Greece, but I am disappointed that Venice is not on the same cruise. Would have liked to see more different ports on each cruise. I'll see if the cruises for 2014 end up with more choices before we make our final payment. Otherwise I am excited that at least something is set.

I thought the prices were high even with the 10% OBB discount. Still need to add flights and hotels. Last year we had enough miles for three tickets - will not have that for next year. Am nervous about trying another cruise line since we feel "safe" with Disney - but if the costs add up and college around the corner - don't know if we will stay on board - keeping fingers crossed.

My kids kept in touch with a lot of their friends from the 7/9/11 cruise - so if many of them end up going on this cruise as well - it will be difficult to say no.

My kids wanted Greece, but I am disappointed that Venice is not on the same cruise. Would have liked to see more different ports on each cruise. I'll see if the cruises for 2014 end up with more choices before we make our final payment. Otherwise I am excited that at least something is set.
I was hoping for both Greece and Venice too! :teeth: DS has been saying he wants to go to Venice for as long as I can remember. He really liked the idea of Greece though too (another Percy Jackson fan!). When I showed DH the itinerary I was planning to book, he asked if DS knew I was booking the one that did NOT go to Venice. As a matter of fact, when presented with the two options, DS picked Greece.

We did the June 29th 10 night Med last summer and were hoping for more different ports for 2013. But I am still really excited!:cool1: I think the 12 night will be a great length since we were crazy busy on the 10 night last year.

We are booked for this cruise as well. Me(Deb), DH(Alex) and DD(Nicki) who will be 15 next summer.

Can't believe we are up to 7 pages already. I remember some of your names from the 7/18/07 Med cruise. Since then, we have done Mexico, Alaska and just got back from a 5 nighter over the holidays on the Dream.

I guess I was a little confused to see people booked yesterday thru DVC and DCL. I was on hold this morning for an hour. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.

I guess I was a little confused to see people booked yesterday thru DVC and DCL. I was on hold this morning for an hour. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.

Gold and platinum Castaway Club members (those with more than five cruises) could book yesterday by phone. Everyone else could start booking today. Looks like you had more than 5 cruises so you could have booked yesterday.

Looked today and there were NO inside staterooms left so it would have cost quite a bit to wait!

Gold and platinum Castaway Club members (those with more than five cruises) could book yesterday by phone. Everyone else could start booking today. Looks like you had more than 5 cruises so you could have booked yesterday.

Looked today and there were NO inside staterooms left so it would have cost quite a bit to wait!

Thanks for the info. Wish I would have known yesterday... Should have checked out this board. Oh well... I did notice that the price has gone up considerably since this morning, is this like the airlines, so many cabins at 1 price and then it goes up to the next level?

Can't believe we are up to 7 pages already. I remember some of your names from the 7/18/07 Med cruise. Since then, we have done Mexico, Alaska and just got back from a 5 nighter over the holidays on the Dream.

Hi Deb - we were on the 7/18/07 Med - what a great trip that was - and our first time in Barcelona and that area of the world. One thing we learned that trip was to be sure to fly in a couple of days early or you'll totally miss the departure port, so we're planning to fly in on Thursday before sailing on Saturday if all goes well. We saw a little bit of Barcelona when we were there before ... enough to know we wanted to see more! When we did the Baltic in 2010, we spent a few days pre-cruise in London and that was so nice to have a chance to get over the jet-lag. With this itinerary, the very next day is a port day, so we want to be on Mediterranean time by the time we sail!

I calculated my vacation time accrual and will be able to make this trip plus the other days we have scheduled off already and return to work with one hour and 45 minutes of vacation time left :) Guess I'd better try to accrue some comp time in the next 505 days!

As for prices, this sailing is up quite a bit above the following one to Venice - and having booked on points, the adult price today is $1,600+ more than what DVC had for the same category.

Just realized we posted earlier that we were going on this cruise when it's actually the the 7/13/13 date. Have fun on this one.

Just booked!:wave2:

It's me, DH, DD (11), DD (7) and DM and perhaps DSD (25). We did the 11 nt. med in 2011 with my DMIL so now it's my mom's turn. DH and I did Greece a few years ago and DD (11) wants to see Greece due to the Percy Jackson book series that she loves.

Tell your daughter she has great taste in books! I totally love the Percy Jackson books. Is she reading the new ones?

Ohh this is wild. I think my brother graduated from Waterloo in 84 ( I was 83 Sci). He was in math but went to the "new" accounting program.

We will have to compare notes on board. We may know some of the same people :)

Ok, he did it! Husband booked this cruise early this morning before I even woke up! So far it will be my husband and I for sure and maybe our friend Jeff who cruised with us in the Baltic. Looking forward to seeing familar faces and meeting new ones!

Marianne

Yay .. I get to cruise with my table mates from the Baltic! Can't wait. Would be nice if Jeff joined us. Saw that Kent told Heather that her family has to book it as well! Maybe I should email Heidi!!

Take care all ... 505 days to go!!!

Mary Jane

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

After 3 hours of trying to book online, on the phone with DCL and then DVC.. DVC came through with the 2 staterooms we needed!! We were one cruise short of that shinny gold status :(

Cruising with me are DH, DS-4, DS-9, DS-11, & my mom & dad (sorry not that up on the lingo)

Hi All,

We booked too!!! Me Joanne, DH Roger, DS 27, Ds 24, and two girlfriends!! DS # 2 is in the Airforce and stationed in Germany. So right now we are all booked. We will see what happens in a year!! He is due to PCS in July of 2013.

June 18th will be our 30th Anniversary and June 25th will be my 55th!!! UGH!! I got ten years on you Amanda!!!

Weren't you with the Klondike Kruisers last year??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter