Who's buying @The Kingdom, and how much?

How much?????????

• 0-0 we don't want no stinking Towers thing......

• 1-50 points

• 51-75 points

• 76-100 points

• 101-125 points

• 126-150 points

• 160 points new member buy in minimum?????

• 161-200 points

• 200-250 points

• 250+ points, money? We got plenty don't worry.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am a new DVC member and I see many people saying there are going to buy 3 small contracts, why buy 3 50pt contracts verses 1 150pt contract?

I'm not sure but I think there are a number of reasons for this not the least of which small contracts are easier to resell. Another reason is if you have 3 children and want to pass 50 points down to each child.

I'm waiting to close on a 100 point contract at BWV and I am already getting a very acute case of addonitis. I think I will need to add on 50 points at KTR.

Anybody out there have a cure for acute addonitis?

I have no interest in the "Towers". I have been a DVC member for many years and I have the $$ so that is not the issue; I just don't "feel" the Contemporary. I have stayed at most of the DVC properties and although, the Contemporary was the first one that I ever stayed at, I have never been back.
While the location is nice, I just don't like the overall "Feel" of the resort. I like the "home away from home" feeling of many of the resorts and the theming of many others. In fact, the Contemporary would be near the bottom of my list.
Having said that....... the reason for so many different styles is that we all have different tastes (look at the different cars we buy). I'm sure that the Towers will do well but I can see why they are not for everyone.

REally depends on the cost, but right now I'd say no. Too many other economic issues going on and we have plenty at BCV.

I never thought 50% of all members would add on.

I also never think that this board reflects the total DVC membership and this board has had a very high "hype" factor for a resort at Contempoary.... So I would have expected THIS poll to be different.

Maybe all the hype on here has been a small number of posters posting a lot about the same issues???

I guess I dont understand why you would think this board would only be supported by pro CRV individuals? If there is a lot of "hype" as you say for CRV, and that may be coming from a small group of CRV promoters-wouldn't an open poll of arguably the most informed DVC individuals out there, result in a somewhat acurrate portrayal of interest?

Like others who have posted, I won't be adding pts. We have enough pts at BWV, but would like to stay there at least once.

Think of the DVC sales center, when it is set up in the Kingdom Tower! Think of the traffic, with people walking from the MK and coming off of the monorail. Think of that new building smell with everything brand spankin' new and just so. It will take a hard heart or a very empty wallet to resist.

I want to get in line now! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I guess I dont understand why you would think this board would only be supported by pro CRV individuals? If there is a lot of "hype" as you say for CRV, and that may be coming from a small group of CRV promoters-wouldn't an open poll of arguably the most informed DVC individuals out there, result in a somewhat acurrate portrayal of interest?

I do NOT think you can take any poll on the DIS and extroplate the results to the DVC population in whole or in part.

I also would not say this group is "arguably the most informed" I would say they are perhaps amoung the most vocal. Big difference IMHO. I know some VERY informed DVC members who will have NOTHING to do with the DIS in general or these DVC sub boards if they do post on the DIS.

(Being called names for not loving a resort, being threatened with physicial harm for stating that accessible rooms are not "inferior" etc... doesn't tend to make folks want to hang around here!)

hoping that 50 (moreso even less;) ) would be enough via banking & borrowing to allow us to visit "off season" in a studio.

If you're objection is religious based all I can say is the churches do not own the word kingdom. If you just don't like the name for aesthetic purposes, that's OK then.

Its not the Kingdom bit, I think its the Tower bit - anyone see Fawlty Towers - a great British classic :happytv:

The name just doesn`t seem to sit right to me :confused3

I do NOT think you can take any poll on the DIS and extroplate the results to the DVC population in whole or in part.

I also would not say this group is "arguably the most informed" I would say they are perhaps amoung the most vocal. Big difference IMHO. I know some VERY informed DVC members who will have NOTHING to do with the DIS in general or these DVC sub boards if they do post on the DIS.

(Being called names for not loving a resort, being threatened with physicial harm for stating that accessible rooms are not "inferior" etc... doesn't tend to make folks want to hang around here!)

Then why were you so "shocked" by the results of a poll you could never extropolate the results from in the first place? Even though you view this forum as "a big difference from the VERY informed members" you know-it still does not explain why it would comprise mostly pro CRV individuals. They would as likley be anti CRV as pro. I have no idea who called you a name or threatened you physically for not loving CRV.

I have no idea who called you a name or threatened you physically for not loving CRV.
I think Carol is recalling other "discussions" here on the DIS. I have personally seen people called names because they do not like one resort or another. I have also seen people get very hot under the collar about the mere thought of getting a HA room (although I have never heard of anyone being physically threatened).

I got a PM once from someone who posts on this board (and shall remain nameless to protect the guilty)

Basic quote

"If you don't think getting a handicapped accessible room is so bad why don't you let me break both your legs so you will need it. The rooms are INFERIOR and for you to claim otherwise just proves you are a xxxxx"

I guess if I had the two broken legs and took the accessible room there was LESS chance this poster would get one???

So I would like to think this board does NOT reflect DVC members in general LOL!

Now, the reason I am shocked as I said was that there must have been 10,000 posts over the past year about "I can't wait for CRV" "A CM told me it's coming" All followed by tons of "I can't wait" responses. My impression was that the DIS was overwhelmingly so excited that they would buy tons of points. As I said earlier I guess what it really was, is the same posters getting all excited every time (I didn't bother to notice at the time)

Now, the reason I am shocked as I said was that there must have been 10,000 posts over the past year about "I can't wait for CRV" "A CM told me it's coming" All followed by tons of "I can't wait" responses. My impression was that the DIS was overwhelmingly so excited that they would buy tons of points. As I said earlier I guess what it really was, is the same posters getting all excited every time (I didn't bother to notice at the time)

I noticed. The very same thing happened with AKV last year. Remember all the heated SSR debates contrasting the "Wow Disney finally gets it right with a real themed resort" threads? But while there was so much chatter about AKV, the reports filed on KTR say there are only "415" members there compared to SSR's 39,000+. (Assuming I ready that quote correctly.)

The thing about what appears in the blogosphere or newsphere is that exciting news gets talked about incessantly, usually by the same folks beating the bushes. That's why you take everything with a huge grain of salt until the actual figures are counted and facts examined. (Something I practice, especially in election years. 10 second headlines never make up for an hour of hard research.)

I expect this poll just shows that while there's a lot of excitement current DIS members only plan on adding on smaller amounts, if any. Now what will be an interesting thing to see is if 281 units is enough to actually give availability to non-owners at the 7 month window. I bet that AKV's size (nearly twice that) and location would accommodate trade-ins. (That's why though I was excited about it I didn't add-on there.) But I'm betting KTR's size and location will negate any reasonable chance people have for staying there most times of the year, unless you own.

It's not etched in stone, but we're going to try to buy 150-200pts when we see the points schedule, price/pt. and any incentives etc. Besides the location we want to see what the rooms will look like, what characteristics, services, amenities will make this DVC resort distinctively different from the rest. The descriptions given of the pool, courts and walkway are a great start. Our kids are young. We loved the CR. Enjoy the monorail and the MK and the resorts it services. Since there was speculation and pictures of the site on these boards we have discussed the possibility of membership. We had discussed adding points to our current use month at SSR or even buying a resell at VWL, but now we are in a holding pattern. We can wait a little while longer because we believe it will be worth it. Good luck to all!
By the way...
I can understand the 0pts reaction:
The build up- especially on these boards- for this DVC property has given ground for a backlash.
Many have already settled on their pts and costs for their DVC property(properties) and are happy with what they have.
Most are loyal to the where they bought in. (We think SSR is great, it has matched and exceeded our expectations of when and why we bought DVC.)

I think the majority of posts expressing excitement over this project were from non DVC owners. I don't think you will see a great many present members buying there.

I know we have no interest.

I think Carol is recalling other "discussions" here on the DIS. I have personally seen people called names because they do not like one resort or another. I have also seen people get very hot under the collar about the mere thought of getting a HA room (although I have never heard of anyone being physically threatened).

I see, sorry Carol-that didn't make sense until now, how rude.

Thats odd when polls have been done on this exact subject over the years and its still about the same mix, this poll from a year and a half ago was only 49% pro CRV and 51% against.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14293787#post14293787&highlight=crv+poll

Or this one a year ago when 60% of this boards said they would not purchase CRV:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20459995#post20459995&highlight=crv poll

Are you still shocked now?

Not for me. But will be glad to see it built since I know many like the Contemporary. Be interested to see the restaurant they put in there. Might enjoy trying that out if it has a decent theme/view.

I voted no points not from lack of interest, just have enough points for us. I suspect some of the no's are like us. We do want to stay at AKV and KTV. We have enjoyed our stays at all the resorts. We joined in 2001.

I got a PM once from someone who posts on this board (and shall remain nameless to protect the guilty)

Basic quote

"If you don't think getting a handicapped accessible room is so bad why don't you let me break both your legs so you will need it. The rooms are INFERIOR and for you to claim otherwise just proves you are a xxxxx"

I guess if I had the two broken legs and took the accessible room there was LESS chance this poster would get one???

So I would like to think this board does NOT reflect DVC members in general LOL!

Wow someone sent you a PM with that in it? But then again I've seen similar stuff with the revamped kids menu the other year. If you didn't have the same views as the chief whiner, watch out! After seeing some of the posts, the OP could probably send PM's like you got.

Went to our elementary school carnival last night, DH wore is DVC member cap(hoping to ferret out fellow DVC'ers). Sure enough he did, they bought their points on a DCL cruise and they plan on using the points for cruising(yet another touchy subject on the boards, we should really have a sticky thread with a list of potential flame threads ;) ). They had absolutely no clue about KRTV and vaguely knew about AKV.

They weren't very sure how the 11/7 month windows worked! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter